First of all - Hello and thanks for any information you can give me.
I am looking for a card that will output both all video and all sound from my PC to my stereo receiver. I've already got burned buying a graphic card and found out that my mobo does not have an SPDIF out connector. So I am taking the 'buyer beware' attitude now.
Does the terminology 'Built-in HDMI with 7.1 surround sound support' also mean that the card can handle mp3s? I don't want to buy a card and have a great movie experience only later to find out it can't play wav or mp3.
Can you recommend a graphic card that has the following features:
1. Built-in HDMI with HDCP support - no dongle please
2. All common video can be seen on the TV (divx, xvid, mpeg, dvd, avi, mov, wma, etc...)
3. All common sound can be heard through the stereo (mp3, wav, 5.1, 7.1, etc...)
4. NO need to connect graphic card to sound card (sound chip built-in)
5. Mid level gamer - in other words, I don't play the latest graphic intensive games or overclock my video card, but do play games like MotoGP.
5. ATI preferred.
mobo: Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 Rev 1
Power Supply: Tagan TG530-U22 (530W)
OS: XP Professional
Stereo Receiver: Yamaha RX-V765