Core i7, i5 & i3 LGA1156 Processors Thread: Clarkdale Supports HD Audio Bitstreaming! - Page 68 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2011 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 09:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post

Codec support is a container issue in MC; choose the right container (i.e. one that MS doesn't have an OOTB splitter for) and it works just fine.

So in a case like this playing an h.264 mkv should work fine (using MatroskaSplitter.ax) but even for this I was getting mixed results. Also, would not using Gabest Splitter instead of MS splitter have the same effect? Just to clarify, prior to the whole bitstreaming stuff playing mkv or m2ts (h264 and VC-1) was never an issue in WMC. I will have to take a closer look at when I have some time, but not a huge deal since I use MPC instead.

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellerbrewing View Post

There's a hotfix for it, check the links in my build thread.

NVM...I was looking for overscan or Intel drivers and missed the link above the drivers section.
-------------------------------------------------
Is the hotfix the 2086 driver? I read through your post and I didn't see anything specific to overscan problem.
post #2013 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

@ Renethx - have you been successful at getting bitstreaming TrueHD/DTS(MA) to work consistently out of WMP/WMC (whether with the 5xxx or clarkdale)?

Here is my problem. WMP/7MC often inserts some of its own audio filters between ffdshow and the DirectSound audio renderer, like below, that disrupts HD audio bitstreaming:

- Changeling (VC-1, DTS-HD MA) M2TS

So I configured ffdshow so that it can connect only to DirectSound audio renderer:

Since then the problem has gone, HD audio bitstreaming works fine (TrueHD/DTS-HD).

I didn't have this problem before and I don't know when this began starting. I tested this only with Clarkdale, but it should work with HD 5xxx too.
LL
LL
LL
post #2014 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 09:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx View Post

Here is my problem. WMP/7MC often inserts some of its own audio filters between ffdshow and the DirectSound audio renderer, like below, that disrupts HD audio bitstreaming:

- Changeling (VC-1, DTS-HD MA) M2TS

So I configured ffdshow so that it can connect only to DirectSound audio renderer:

Since then the problem has gone, HD audio bitstreaming works fine (TrueHD/DTS-HD).

I didn't have this problem before and I don't know when this began starting.

Thanks Renethx, I will give that a try

Cheers,
Damian

post #2015 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancia View Post

For those of you having problems with your Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H, I noticed last night that Gigabyte has a new version of the BIOS up. GA-H55M-S2H BIOS here. It says it "Improves System Compatibility" ... whatever that means.

I haven't tried it yet but will this weekend and will report back.

I tried the F8 BIOS update in my GA-H55M-UD2H board (they released this BIOS as well) last night. Not sure whether it is a coincidence, but I can no longer reliably wake from S3 standby/sleep. Computer will blue-screen majority of times after waking from standby. Reverted back to F7, same problem. I've actually had this problem on/off since I started using it a month ago. Thought it was RAM, but tried multiple sets. Thought it was the Soundgraph imon VFD display. Thoght it was power-supply. Tried another hard drive. Everything, but nothing makes this board stable! Heck, I even tried a MSI H55 board and had similar issues. I'm about ready to go back to my trusted 9300 system.
post #2016 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

NVM...I was looking for overscan or Intel drivers and missed the link above the drivers section.
-------------------------------------------------
Is the hotfix the 2086 driver? I read through your post and I didn't see anything specific to overscan problem.

No, it's a Windows hotfix from Microsoft. I forget which thread it was posted to, but if you search for "hotfix" in most of the Clarkdale threads it should pop up.

I do not speak officially in any sense for
Intel Corp., Technology Manufacturing Group
but I do work there.
post #2017 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 11:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibael View Post

No, it's a Windows hotfix from Microsoft. I forget which thread it was posted to, but if you search for "hotfix" in most of the Clarkdale threads it should pop up.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974324/en-us

Cheers,
Damian

post #2018 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondisdead View Post

I tried the F8 BIOS update in my GA-H55M-UD2H board (they released this BIOS as well) last night. Not sure whether it is a coincidence, but I can no longer reliably wake from S3 standby/sleep. Computer will blue-screen majority of times after waking from standby. Reverted back to F7, same problem. I've actually had this problem on/off since I started using it a month ago. Thought it was RAM, but tried multiple sets. Thought it was the Soundgraph imon VFD display. Thoght it was power-supply. Tried another hard drive. Everything, but nothing makes this board stable! Heck, I even tried a MSI H55 board and had similar issues. I'm about ready to go back to my trusted 9300 system.

Have you turned off EuP and HPET? The HPET seemed to make a HUGE difference in stability. I'm still playing with EuP. I really want the Dynamic Energy Saver stuff to work. Something really cool about my system running and my CPU using less than 1W of power But if it causes stability problems, it's gone for sure. Still need more testing.
post #2019 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:

Have you turned off EuP and HPET? The HPET seemed to make a HUGE difference in stability. I'm still playing with EuP. I really want the Dynamic Energy Saver stuff to work. Something really cool about my system running and my CPU using less than 1W of power But if it causes stability problems, it's gone for sure. Still need more testing.

Funny you mention those BIOS options, as I was googling both HPET and "PME Event Wake Up" BIOS options on the Power Options page. I think HPET defaulted to enabled, with a 32-bit and 64-bit option. I changed it to 64-bits, to match my Win 7 64-bit OS. Do you have it turned off? I have EuP turned off (which is the default), as it only supports S5, and not S3. I want S3, as it provides instant on.

Windows reports the blue-screen was caused by a hard-drive, but i think it's a bogus report. I've tried different SATA drives (in AHCI) in different SATA ports, and they don't make a difference.

I have basically every device unplugged from this system, other than keyboard / mouse (and I've tried different keyboards & mouses).
post #2020 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

There's a hotfix for it, check the links in my build thread.

Quote:

I too have this issue. It's these little things that drive me crazy! I have tested each version of the display driver but haven't gotten far enough to test this specific issue with each version. I'm sure it is something I will look into once I get my bigger issues figured out.

hellerbrewing's hotfix (well, I guess it's actually Microsoft's hotfix) fixed it for me.

Thanks again hellerbrewing!
post #2021 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:

Funny you mention those BIOS options, as I was googling both HPET and "PME Event Wake Up" BIOS options on the Power Options page. I think HPET defaulted to enabled, with a 32-bit and 64-bit option. I changed it to 64-bits, to match my Win 7 64-bit OS. Do you have it turned off? I have EuP turned off (which is the default), as it only supports S5, and not S3. I want S3, as it provides instant on.

Windows reports the blue-screen was caused by a hard-drive, but i think it's a bogus report. I've tried different SATA drives (in AHCI) in different SATA ports, and they don't make a difference.

I have basically every device unplugged from this system, other than keyboard / mouse (and I've tried different keyboards & mouses).

Since windows is pointing you to HDD issue, why not try different SATA AHCI driver? I'd start with the intel matrix storage manager. Once you install it you confirm it is no longer using the MS driver by the driver file name in device manager (will change to iaahci.sys from msahci.sys IIRC)
post #2022 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 05:06 PM

No problem here with GA-H55M-S2H and S3. EuP and HPET-64 are enabled. Intel RST 9.5.6.1001 (iaStor.sys) is installed for both XP-32 and W7-64. A variety of storage drive models from different manufacturers are used.

I don't recall EuP being limited to S5 even in the production BIOS. I wonder if it is even any more than a combination of the other options anyway? I also use Dynamic Energy Saver and it is cool too see the already low power draw reduced even more.

I read somewhere that HPET capability was not included in XP but a driver is installed and having it set in CMOS Setup to 64 has no ill-effect as I currently boot to each OS while in the process of migrating (will create VHD of XP shortly and force myself to use W7).

BIOS F5 is installed (F6 beta is also available at station-drivers). It seems that SpeedStep is more reliable over previous versions as sometimes (especially with second display/AVR on), CPU-Z and EasyTune would report running at highest multiplier.

Anyone running low-voltage RAM (1.25, 1.30, or 1.35v)? I have G.Skill ECO 1.35 but whether set by XMP or manually at 1.4, it is reportedly drawing 1.44. There is no option for 1.35 and I hesitate to try 1.3.
post #2023 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaups View Post

Since windows is pointing you to HDD issue, why not try different SATA AHCI driver? I'd start with the intel matrix storage manager. Once you install it you confirm it is no longer using the MS driver by the driver file name in device manager (will change to iaahci.sys from msahci.sys IIRC)

Pretty sure I loaded the drivers from Intel. Certainly the chipset & graphics. Don't recall if I did it for the intel matrix storage manager. I know on some boards I've tried that installation, and windows claims that it is not supported. Perhaps because that board does not have RAID.

I check in the device manager under Disk Drives, then the system drive, but see nothing of what you listed. I then looked under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller, then AHCI Controller (not sure of exact name, as I'm not in front of the computer), and it shows iastor.sys for the driver. Am i looking in the right place?
post #2024 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciúrus Arcânus View Post

I don't recall EuP being limited to S5 even in the production BIOS. I wonder if it is even any more than a combination of the other options anyway? I also use Dynamic Energy Saver and it is cool too see the already low power draw reduced even more.

The manual states the following:

EuP Support
Determines whether to let the system consume less than 1W power in S5 (shutdown) state. (Default: Disabled)
Note: When this item is set to Enabled, the following four functions will become unavailable:
PME event wake up, power on by mouse, power on by keyboard, and wake on LAN.

I want to be able to wake the computer via USB wireless remote control. Note sure whether the USB ports are powered when using this mode. Have you tried to wake your computer with a USB connected device? How quick does before the desktop goes active?
post #2025 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 07:41 PM

Ah, I see. But presumably disabling those individual settings can save some power for S3 too? Resuming from S3 takes about 5 seconds.

I want to resume via MCE remote but it does not appear to function by default (otherwise it controls XBMC fine and can suspend from the menu).

Currently running XP and apparently the capability is indeed disabled by default -the checkbox is greyed out for "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby" on Power Management tab of the USB Root Hub where eHome Infrared Receiver is attached.

Going to try enabling according to:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841858

-
Yep, after adding the registry entry it resumes from S3 via remote's power button. Happy happy joy joy. Oddly, the Device Manger checkbox remains greyed out (and unchecked). Note resume from USB is enabled in CMOS Setup. Now I just need to figure out how to run XBMC from the remote as that is not working by default either (i.e. neither power button nor green button). Although really I should not be wasting time with XP when intending to switch over to W7.

Also, I wrote previously that HPET driver was installed in XP but that is not really so -the device exists in DM without error but no driver is required/loaded. Without booting W7 I don't know if that is the same or if there actually is a driver.

As for your storage controller driver, perhaps try updating it.
http://www.station-drivers.com/page/...-h55m-ud2h.htm
post #2026 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

@ Archibael - before the bitstreaming goodies (i.e. 5xxx or Clarkdale) I never had a problem with my setup per my guide (obviously only getting the core DTS sent though), playing back in WMP/WMC. Once I added the 5xxx (haven't tested on my Clarkdale yet), I get a lot of inconsistent results with the setup. Some movies play/bitstream through WMP/WMC without issues, while others with the same exact profile don't play. Going into the FFDShow audio config and unchecking DTS and some of the other audios fixes the problem but sends out 2ch as you noted. So it would appear that it is an FFDShow audio issue from what I can tell, and i don't think I have read of anyone consistently getting bitstreaming working from both mkv and m2ts in WMP/WMC. Even when it has worked it doesn't last for long. For example, I was watching Star Trek (Blu Ray rip in mkv). It played perfect with bitstreaming TrueHD in W7MC, but then after 10 minutes audio dropped out. I then played the same movie in MPC and it played flawless. I documented setting up here (http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010...-htpc-part-ii/).

I hope you didn't read what I wrote as critical of your blog. It got me 99% of the way there-- I would never have known some of those required tricks. I now have an HTPC which plays everything I throw at it... which is saying something, given the bastardized variety of files I keep around for testing purposes.

I do not speak officially in any sense for
Intel Corp., Technology Manufacturing Group
but I do work there.
post #2027 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcell View Post

According to your GraphStudio if you have VC-1 in a .TS container then perhaps you missed a step in Dbone1026's guide. Your video should be using Microsoft DTV-DVD video decoder. Did you assign VC-1 decoder using Win7DSFilterTweaker?

I went back and read the article again and I'm pretty sure it said that W7 handles h.264 okay but not VC1 in a TS container. The MPC splitter and decoder enable WMP to play VC1 in TS according to dbone and renethx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx View Post

Apparently the screenshot in your post was taken when you drag and drop the file in GraphStudio, that does not tell you the filters used in WMP correctly. Play a file with WMP, press Ctrl+G in GraphStudio, then select wmplayer.exe...

Hmm, okay. I pressed ctrl-g while WMP is playing a video (h.264 mkv that works and also while it is errored out on a VC1/TS file) but there isn't an option to choose wmplayer.exe. This is all I got:

I'll hit up the GraphStudio site to see if I can learn more about it. First peek didn't appear to be much documentation there.

Quote:

I just spent a couple hours trying to get this to work tonight, mryverse. After swearing at the TV a lot, I figured out that the files which were giving me all the trouble after following dbone's instructions were those with DTS soundtracks. While they worked fine in GraphStudio, trying to get them to work in 7MC resulted in failure. When I deactivated "DTS" in ffdshow Output (against what dbone says to do), I finally got the .TS files to work... although now I had DTS decoded to two channel, which was obviously sub-optimal. At this point, I yanked ffdshow and went with MPC-HC's audio filter MpaDecFilter. Worked perfectly on everything after that.

Of course, I'm just messing with SPDIF. For HDMI audio ffdshow is kind of critical and going to MpaDecFilter is a non-option.

I guess my point is-- if the thing's not working, it might not be video at all. It could be a problem with audio.

Very possible. I guess I don't know for sure why it's failing and I need to narrow the cause down. Wish Microsoft wasn't so user friendly and actually told you what the problem is rather than general errors.
post #2028 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by mryerse View Post

Hmm, okay. I pressed ctrl-g while WMP is playing a video (h.264 mkv that works and also while it is errored out on a VC1/TS file) but there isn't an option to choose wmplayer.exe. This is all I got:

Which WMP are you using, 32-bit or 64-bit? If you use the 32-bit version, you have to use the 32-bit version of GraphStudio as well as proppage.dll, FilterGraphSpy.dll and all the DirectShow filters...
post #2029 of 3674 Old 03-04-2010, 11:50 PM

I'm running Win7 64. Is there even a 32 bit WMP with Win7 64?

Edit - okay so I checked program files and program files(x86) and noticed each has a wmplayer.exe. I guess the default program to open files was the 32 bit version. I opened the one in program files (not x86) and opened a .ts file from there, and while it errors out trying to play, graphstudio shows wmplayer.exe. However, when I select it and click connect nothing shows in the graph. I'll keep looking.
post #2030 of 3674 Old 03-05-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:

Pretty sure I loaded the drivers from Intel. Certainly the chipset & graphics. Don't recall if I did it for the intel matrix storage manager. I know on some boards I've tried that installation, and windows claims that it is not supported. Perhaps because that board does not have RAID.

I check in the device manager under Disk Drives, then the system drive, but see nothing of what you listed. I then looked under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller, then AHCI Controller (not sure of exact name, as I'm not in front of the computer), and it shows iastor.sys for the driver. Am i looking in the right place?

Looks like you are using the intel driver. Tried switching SATA cables? Just thinking of ideas.
post #2031 of 3674 Old 03-05-2010, 08:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I hope you didn't read what I wrote as critical of your blog. It got me 99% of the way there-- I would never have known some of those required tricks. I now have an HTPC which plays everything I throw at it... which is saying something, given the bastardized variety of files I keep around for testing purposes.

No worries, I didn't mean to respond as if I was taking it personal. Was actually more frustration on my part that the method I had been following and was flawless now has issues (need to test Renethx's recommendation which will hopefully fix).

Cheers,
Damian

post #2032 of 3674 Old 03-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

I decided to finally try out TMT3 last night. Popped Termintaor Salvation in my WHS to rip and installed TMT3 on the HTPC. Restarted and was able to play the BR as soon as it was done ripping, in full bitstreamed glory. Didn't have to touch any settings or anything.

One question though, is there a way to get rid of the extra "play movie" button that pops up? At least I think that is what it says, something along those lines. Didn't really take the time to mess with the settings last night.
post #2033 of 3674 Old 03-05-2010, 09:18 AM

Has anyone recently tested a clarkdale setup with the new MediaPortal RC along with the SAF codec package? That's what I "might" be planning to do (in Win 7 x64) but would like some guidance before jumping in since I'm seeing a lot of issues currently with a clarkdale setup. The audio for 1 not to mention the 24p problems. I'd be switching from an AMD 5050e build with a GT220.
post #2034 of 3674 Old 03-05-2010, 10:51 AM

I have the ASRock H55M Pro with the i3/540 and 4GB Ram, W7 64bit, AnyDVDHD, My Movies. Drivers: Display - 8.15.10.2086, HDMI - 6.12.0.3047. Emotiva UMC-1 A/V Processor.

I have also tried various other drivers and driver mixes. I have noticed that in driver properties it shows that the maximum number of channels is 2. Is this why I only have 2 ch. PCM on anything that's PCM? Even multi ch. PCM tracks only come through as 2 ch. PCM
Does anyone have anything different? All codecs are listed in the "Supported Formats" section, ie: DD, DTS, DD+, DTSHD, TrueHD as well as all of the correct sample rates and bit depths.

After playing a little I have HD HomeRun working beautifully in WMC with DD 5.1, TMT3 .170 as WMC plugin is playing the video of Blyray's beautifully and SD DVD's look amazing. SD video looks much better then my Gigabyte (Nvidia 9400) mb/Asus Slim combination does and BD is slightly better. Netflix plugin in WMC is working great and looks as good as I've seen and is producing 2 ch. PCM.
Of course the main problem is high def audio! No DTSHD MA or DD TrueHD.

Here is what I have so far:
SD DVD played in TMT3 .170 WMC plugin: 2 ch. PCM.
SD DVD played on stand only TMT3 .170: 2ch PCM.
With both of these, this is if I delete or disable the VIA HDMI and Speakers from the drivers list. I just keep the AV Processor HDMI driver. If I leave the VIA HDMI driver or the Speakers drivers enabled then SD disc's automatically change to those drivers and I get no audio. Going to "settings" you can't change the HDMI driver while playing. Even if you stop the video and go into "settings" and select the Intel driver, when you restart the video it automatically reselects the VIA HDMI driver and then no audio.
Bluray disc's and iso's, Primary Audio - DTSHD MA and DD TrueHD: Silence.
Bluray disc's and iso's, Primary Audio - DD and DTS: DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 respectiviely.
Bluray disc's and iso's, DTS Mixing from DTSHD MA and DD TrueHD track: DTS 5.1.
Bluray disc's and iso's, DD Mixing from DTSHD MA and DD TrueHD track: DD 5.1.
Bluray disc's and iso's, DTS and DD tracks: DTS 5.1 and DD 5.1 respectively.
Bluray disc's and iso's, PCM Mixing - DTSHD MA and DD TrueHD tracks: Loud Static.
Bluray disc's and iso's, PCM Mixing - DTS and DD tracks: 2 ch. PCM.
Bluray disc's and iso's, Multi-ch PCM tracks, Primary Audio: 2 ch. PCM.

So the biggy as mentioned in various posts, is getting SD disc's working properly and still now audio from any DTSHD MA or DD TrueHD audio track. If anyone has the high def codecs working on any Clarksdale/H55 setup please let me know how you are accomplishing it! I have seen that a couple of people with the Gigabyte H55 mb's have gotten this working but I'm unable to locate who they are now.

Also, since it's just the high def codec's not working wouldn't this rule out the need of a EDID fix or could this need to be looked at?

Cary Cinema 12 Pre/Pro, XPA-3 & UPA-2 Amps.
2 DIY Vifa 12" Subs, HTPC-3D, Moncaso 301P, Svr: Norco RPC-4020-24TB WHS.
Ctr:ML Motif, Rrs:ML Fresco i w/Abyss sub.

post #2035 of 3674 Old 03-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

I just installed it last night and was able to get DTS-HD Master 5.1 out of a bluray ISO streamed from my WHS with mymovies. This is one an Asus H55 EVO w/ i5-650. AVR: Denon AVR-1909
post #2036 of 3674 Old 03-05-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:

I just installed it last night and was able to get DTS-HD Master 5.1 out of a bluray ISO streamed from my WHS with mymovies. This is one an Asus H55 EVO w/ i5-650. AVR: Denon AVR-1909

Do you notice anything different in the drivers or anything then what I have? Does yours list the "maximum number of channels" as 2? Also, if AV Processor is highligted, in the "configure" area it only shows "Stereo". Does your's show 5.1, etc? I've worked on this for hours trying different combinations the last couple of days.

post #2037 of 3674 Old 03-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogweed75 View Post

Do you notice anything different in the drivers or anything then what I have? Does yours list the "maximum number of channels" as 2? Also, if AV Processor is highligted, in the "configure" area it only shows "Stereo". Does your's show 5.1, etc? I've worked on this for hours trying different combinations the last couple of days.

I'm one of the users with a working Gigabyte motherboard (H55M-UD2H). In the Windows 7 sound applet for me it lists maximum number of channels as 8. The configure under speaker setup has Stereo, Quadraphonic, Surround, 5.1 surround (2 speaker layouts) and 7.1 surround.

I don't have any problems with TMT 3 build 170 with audio either bitstreaming or PCM decoding. It could be an EDID problem, what type or receiver do you have? I have a Onkyo TX-SR875 and I don't need any EDID overrides

post #2038 of 3674 Old 03-05-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaups View Post

Looks like you are using the intel driver. Tried switching SATA cables? Just thinking of ideas.

Actually, looks like I've finally got it stable! I was quoting from memory yesterday on the details within the AHCI drivers. Turns out I did have the microsoft drivers installed. I did a fresh installation of all Intel driver packages (GFX, Chipset, ME and Matrix Storage), and now things appear to be stable...knock on wood...

Thanks to all for the help!! These forums are awesome!
post #2039 of 3674 Old 03-05-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salacious View Post

I'm one of the users with a working Gigabyte motherboard (H55M-UD2H). In the Windows 7 sound applet for me it lists maximum number of channels as 8. The configure under speaker setup has Stereo, Quadraphonic, Surround, 5.1 surround (2 speaker layouts) and 7.1 surround.

I don't have any problems with TMT 3 build 170 with audio either bitstreaming or PCM decoding. It could be an EDID problem, what type or receiver do you have? I have a Onkyo TX-SR875 and I don't need any EDID overrides

I have a new Emotiva UMC-1 AV Processor. Under "Speakers" and "Configure" I can select various multi ch. setups but under HDMI it only has "Stereo".

post #2040 of 3674 Old 03-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogweed75 View Post

I have an earlier version of the intel HD Graphics driver, 2056 I think.

Did you set up your HDMI audio? Dbone shows how to do it here. Even though it is for the ATI GPU, the process is very similar. Scroll down until you see the "setup" heading and start with step 3.

Edit: I think this is already mentioned as what you have been trying.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page