been a long time lurker for the past two years on and off, but this is my first post here
I have problems getting it all to work within vista media center x64 and I have read the guide VERY thoroughly. I use only WMC, but I guess any 64bit player would have the same problems.
I use shark007's codec pack (both the x86 and x64 pack of course to make it work with WMC) and the version of ffdshow that comes with it (version 3352 7 feb x64). Reading from post #88 avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=17605055#post17605055
I see one should not replace the ffdshow.ax anymore, so I guess it's ok to use the one I am using today.
Here is what I've done:
1. I made sure that I had Microsoft Visual C++ SP1 Redistributable Package for both x86 AND x64 for BOTH 2005 and 2008 installed.
2. Downloaded the dvd_kit_january_26.zip and installed avisynth with default settings in default directory.
3. Copied the 3 files in 'dvd_kit_january 26\\plugins\\for 64 bit' to the 'C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64' folder (I had to first rename the existing msvcp71 and msvcr71 dll's before I was able to copy them over). No avisynth.dll exists in the system32 folder
4. Copied the files from dvd_kit_january 26\\plugins\\plugins except avisynth.dll
to the plugins directory of avisynth. I did not copy the avisynth.dll from that directory anywhere (should I?)
5. In ffdshow->Avisynth tab I have make sure that:
ffdshow video source" box is unchecked
only yv12 checked with the other input colorspaces unchecked
Otherwise I have copied the settings from 'Mid range' into the avisynth tab
6. ffdshow->codecs tab I have avisynth set to 'avisynth' and raw video set to 'all supported' (don't know if this is neccesary or not).
I'm a bit unsure about what you mean with "queue output samples tab, uncheck everything so this option is disabled", If you mean ffdshow->output tab I have the 'RGB32' and 'High quality YV12 to RGB conversion' boxes checked just as the 'mid range' setting says.
I've noticed one thing, In ffdshow when I click About->Version details
and in the new window that opens it says avisynth.dll 'not found'. A bit worrying. I got some avisynth plugins from Shark007 (ffavisynth.dll x64/x86 versions). Should these be used? See shark007.net/forum/Thread-Ffdshow-and-avisynth?pid=8225#pid8225
(I'm not at my HTPC right now to check).
Also, I'm a bit confused about the copying to the syswow64 directory for x64 systems, from what I know system32 is the
directory for x64 systems (and syswow64 for x86 system, but I might be wrong...)
Problem is that as soon as I tick avisynth in ffdshow it's chrashing on me despite the settings above
Please give me some directions to carry on since I'm not 100% happy with my current settings in ffdshow. I'm currently using some variant of the settings from avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=922773
for all SD material like LiveTV and DVD. But I'm soon about to give up on avisynth if I don't get if working soon.