post #811 of 822 Old 10-28-2014, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1Nger View Post
May I ask what TLC you use with ClownBD? Does Clown support 3D BDs? I haven't used it very long and maybe am missing something in the setup. Also, I didn't think it would "shrink" the output size as does BDREBUILDER to fit on a 25GB disc but again I'm not that familiar with the software. Yes to your questions above. My issue lies strictly with a standard Bluray player and burned Movie Only ISO - the separate sub track does not turn on automatically. Thanks for your help.
I'm not sure about 3D support in Clown. It doesn't recompress, though you might be able to use only pieces of it to get what you need.

If you run the Clown gui in batch mode, it generates a *.bat file which you can peruse and edit, and a meta file for tsmuxer. In the no-recompression case, you would need to rename the proper sub file to add _FORCED to the name, like: Subtitles_5_English_FORCED.sup

Then edit the meta file to match. Clown will see that special filename and (in a step following remux and before imgburn) modify the BDMV code to force on that subtitle track.

I'm not sure how BDREBUILDER creates an iso file. If there's an intermediate step just before the iso is created, you could run this Clown step to modify the BDMV code. But if the iso is created all in one step, it might be too late. Somehow you would need to modify the files within the iso. I'm sure that's possible I just don't know how.

More disorganized thoughts on forced subs on my wiki.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 822 Old 10-30-2014, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Deliver us from Evil has 4 forced subs embedded into the 2nd English PGS stream (CDN BD) I demuxed using tsmuxergui then used bdsup2sub to check the streams and then extracted the forced subs. I then remuxed the files including the exported forced sub stream to BD ISO format but the subs didn't show up when I played the ISO on my media player. I find this strange because I used the same process on Transformers Age of Extinction where the subs are also embedded as forced in one of the English streams and they played just fine. Why do some play and others don't? Anyone else have these issues with subtitles or is it just me??
post #813 of 822 Old 10-30-2014, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1Nger View Post
Deliver us from Evil has 4 forced subs embedded into the 2nd English PGS stream (CDN BD) I demuxed using tsmuxergui then used bdsup2sub to check the streams and then extracted the forced subs. I then remuxed the files including the exported forced sub stream to BD ISO format but the subs didn't show up when I played the ISO on my media player. I find this strange because I used the same process on Transformers Age of Extinction where the subs are also embedded as forced in one of the English streams and they played just fine. Why do some play and others don't? Anyone else have these issues with subtitles or is it just me??
I don't know what the difference might be, but extracting the forced subs to their own track is insufficient for a BD-ISO. There is also some BDMV code required to turn on that track. ClownBD calls this step "Force_Subtitles" in its generated batch file.

This assumes your media player supports full BD-ISO and will follow the instructions in the BDMV. If it supports only "BD-Lite" then I'm not sure how it would support forced subs.
post #814 of 822 Old 10-30-2014, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post
MakeMKV is unable to rip the correct audio for the new Transformers movie, due to the addition of the Dolby Atmos track - you will only get core Dolby Digital, until the author updates the code.
You guys probably know this by now, but MakeMKV now supports Atmos and the Transformers disc. It also extracts the forced sub track properly.
post #815 of 822 Old 10-30-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post
You guys probably know this by now, but MakeMKV now supports Atmos and the Transformers disc. It also extracts the forced sub track properly.
I'm going to try the ClownBD option mentioned above. I'll try MakeMKV as well. I found my media player seems to skip the first forced sub for some reason with MakeMkV that's why I moved to the ISO format but it's clear there must be some code that controls turning on the forced subs. I guess I got lucky with my Transformers Age of Extinction BD Disc.
post #816 of 822 Old 10-30-2014, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Do you have the Mede8er x series? I had that as well and the first sub skipping was too annoying so I quit using it. I use a Dune Smart D1.
post #817 of 822 Old 10-31-2014, 04:25 AM

I have a KDLinks 720HD. It's good but like all media players it has its quirks.
post #818 of 822 Old 11-21-2014, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post
Do you have the Mede8er x series? I had that as well and the first sub skipping was too annoying so I quit using it. I use a Dune Smart D1.
I extract the subtitles using ClownBD and then use BDsup2sub to detect and extract the forced subs while exporting to SUB/IDX from PGS. I then remux using MKVmerge and check the forced flag at the same time (whether it will have any benefit by checking in the future or not I'm not sure). Solved the Mede8er MKV problem with PGS subtitles for me although a few more steps.
post #819 of 822 Old 11-21-2014, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Inseparable (2012) has forced subs and didn't see it on the list or in this thread. MakeMKV pulled them but I had to edit the header with MKVmerge to turn the forced flag on. Played perfect after that.

Harsh Times (2005) was another find

Rain Fall (2009) scattered all throughout movie

Seal Team Six The Raid on Osama Bin Laden (2012) scattered all throughout movie

Shanghai (2010) scattered all throughout movie

The Double (2011)

The Ramen Girl (2008) scattered all throughout movie

Thanks for the list Great tool

Last edited by STxFarmer; 11-23-2014 at 04:22 PM. Reason: added title
post #820 of 822 Old 11-21-2014, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Does anyone know if the new Godzilla has subtitles?
post #821 of 822 Old 11-21-2014, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
Does anyone know if the new Godzilla has subtitles?
The US BD has none.
Larry M likes this.
post #822 of 822 Old 11-21-2014, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
The US BD has none.
Thanks