You should post/check in the official Slim thread
, but here are some directions that I can give:
1. For getting things right first time make sure that on-board audio is disabled prior to installing TMT3.
2. Get latest ASUS drivers, at least 17.73 and of course latest Geforce drivers.
3. I see no problems with your connections (Graphic Card HDMI-OUT->Xonar HDMI-IN and then XONAR HDMI-OUT to AVR).
4. Set Windows to the SPDIF Xonar device.
5. If on ASUS TMT3 set it to HDMI, if on retail TMT3 set it to "HDMI-passthrough".
With these settings it "should" work first time... BUT, there's the plaguing problem of HDMI handshake between the 4 devices in the HDMI chain (Display Device, AVR, Xonar and Graphic Card). If the EDID info gets messed up somewhere in the chain, video and/or audio get screwed-up.
Some "easy solution": try changing the HDMI-in in the AVR. Or just turn on display device and AVR, then the PC. Or plugging/unplugging HDMI connectors on graphic card or Xonar.
This works most of the time, but in the event that even this does not work for you, there are two real solutions:
1. Get the Gefen HDMI (or DVI) Plus Detective (~$100).
2. Do a EDID Override
In any case, don't panic
, be calm
, have patience
, you should get it to work in the end.
(BTW I have 2 HDAVs working with no issues on two Core i7 920/Asus HTPCs, so it should work great on yours).