AVerTV HD DVR: New PCIe HD Capture Card - Page 18 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #511 of 515 Old 04-08-2013, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello!

I've been investigating the possibility of using the AverTV HD DVR to do the framerating benchmark described here (http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Frame-Rating-Dissected-Full-Details-Capture-based-Graphics-Performance-Testin). Now, it wouldn't be able to match the uncompressed 2560x1440/60fps video capture they use in their benchmark, but I think it could handle at least an uncompressed 720p/60fps though I can't find any good info on anyone having done this. My questions are:

1. Has anyone successfully captured uncompressed 720p/60fps video with this card?

2. Is it possible to get a 60fps capture for any higher resolutions (e.g. 1600x900 or 1680x1050) with this card (I know 1080p/60fps is out of the question, but something larger than 720p/60fps would be desired)?

As for the other potential bottlenecks, I've ordered a Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD (400+MB/s write speeds) and have a free PCIe 3.0 x8 spot on my ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 mobo.

Thanks,
ScardyBob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 515 Old 04-09-2013, 04:45 AM

Hi ScardyBob,

1 - For capture 720@60 uncompressed mode, only work in RAID 0 or SSD. But I use UT VIDEO YUY2 (Card color). I capture my PS3 only in 720p@60 via VIRTUALDUB with 100% success.

2 - This card support only HDTV ready resolutions (480/576 i or p, 720p, 1080i) no other resolutions.

Tip: Capture 1080i and use QTGMC to create 1080p files...Its very slow but awesome results.

Claudio
post #513 of 515 Old 04-09-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post

Hi ScardyBob,

1 - For capture 720@60 uncompressed mode, only work in RAID 0 or SSD. But I use UT VIDEO YUY2 (Card color). I capture my PS3 only in 720p@60 via VIRTUALDUB with 100% success.

2 - This card support only HDTV ready resolutions (480/576 i or p, 720p, 1080i) no other resolutions.

Tip: Capture 1080i and use QTGMC to create 1080p files...Its very slow but awesome results.

Claudio
Got a fast SSD so drive write speed isn't an issue. I was hoping I could get a larger progressive resolution with this card, but I can settle with 720p. Also, thanks for pointing out QTGMC, though I don't think it will work for my purposes. The framerating method requires capturing the video in its rawest form (e.g. uncompressed in native resolution).
post #514 of 515 Old 10-04-2013, 04:49 AM

After 3 years, Avermedia will release a top card: ExtremeCap U3

ExtremeCap U3 is an USB 3.0 capture card that is truly capable of recording and streaming 1080p 60fps gameplay via HDMI and component inputs. Beyond that, this capture card supports capturing HD raw data to popular video software with its DirectShow compatibility. Simply connect it with your game console and an USB 3.0 PC/ laptop, launch the video software you love, and you are ready to record or share your splendid gameplay footage.

1080p 60fps, Enjoy Smooth HD Recordings
Quote:
We know how bad you want to preserve splendid moments in its original quality. ExtremeCap U3 grabs your gameplay footage up to 1080p 60fps, preserve the smooth of gameplay, especially for fast-moving FPS and sport games. It is also twice the amount of frame for video editing comparing to 1080p 30fps. Enjoy smooth HD video now!

Voice Commentary
Quote:
Sometimes, you just need to speak for your game. Simply connect the microphone to your PC, adjust the PC audio settings; recording live commentary is just one click away! Even better, the voice commentary can be saved separately in MP3 format for post-production.
Game & Record on the Same Monitor
Quote:
In the past, you need two monitors when you game with a capture card, one for record and one for video pass-through, to avoid the video latency caused by insufficient USB 2.0 bandwidth. Now, you can just get rid of this mess with AVerMedia’s advanced USB 3.0 technology. ExtremeCap U3 can transfer video content almost simultaneously to your PC. You can play straightly on the preview window of your video software, no need for another monitor and no need to worry about the latency.

Work Seamlessly with Your Favorite Software
Quote:
The ExtremeCap U3 works perfectly with DirectShow compliant software, such as XSplit, OBS, Wirecast, VLC media player and PotPlayer. Editing or streaming uncompressed HD footage with the software you love is just that easy.
Straightly Edit with Sony Vegas & Adobe Premiere Pro CS6. Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 plug-ins are included in the package. They provide smarter operation flows to make you utilize the video editing tools and audio effect of these popular video software efficiently. No more waste of time won moving HD project back-n-forth.

USB 3.0 Diagnosis Tool
Quote:
The included USB 3.0 Diagnosis Tool is a software for testing the performance of the connected USB 3.0 port. It shows whether if the USB 3.0 port on your desktop or laptop is capable of transmitting 1080p 60fps video content. The tool provides an option to convert the video frame rate while the bandwidth of the USB 3.0 port is insufficient.

Finally Aver card+ Splitter CVID 550Bg (Full remove HDCP using ANY HDMI card) play & record at 1080p@60fps using Virtualdub + UT video.

Claudio

post #515 of 515 Old 06-08-2014, 10:59 AM

Firstly hi guys .i am new to the forum and this is my first post.

I am new to capturing hd satellite tv content and would like to place a few questions here. ive gone thru the post in this thread but still  i have a few douts left.

im from india pal land and im going to buy avermedia hd 727 capture cardhttp://www.flipkart.com/avermedia-aver-tv-capture-hd-tuner-card/p/itmd2ryhx64qgxwr. im gonna be  using direct to home set top box which has both hdmi and component output.i will use hdmi. The problem arises here . the hd content is hdcp protected so by browsing online i have found a crack to remove hdcp protection which cauptain has posted in other forum. Does the hdcp remove driver support pal input source? secondly the card im buying say it can only capture hd 1080i only if the source is in mpeg2 , unfortunately the set top box im using send hd 1080i signals in mpeg4 dvb s2 format. so will the hacked drivers be able to capture hd content ignoring mpe4 or mpeg2 format using vdub or avermedia software? if not can u guys please find me a driver to do so. any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Home Theater Computers