i also have this card and followed this thread,

i tried yout windows media encoder and it works fine

problem is with gaming

the original software gives me easy start stop with the remote

i dont need to edit it after and i can upload it just as is

every game i play start stop with just the remote is making it easy to use

and it auto renames the file

windows media encoder overwrites the movies everytime i press start

fraps works with a hotkey, problem is the files are way big 12GB per match average
and it lags under xp

can nobody hack the original software or request 25000 bitrate

i think i would be more then happy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 515 Old 04-14-2010, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
so i went and installed windows media encoder and got it working with the avermedia as mr deeps has kindly supplied to this thread. I have a couple of problems and was wondering if anyone could offer me advice. I am capturing through the component connection from an xbox but when I go into custom settings for the fps I am only able to type in 20Mbps max. If I try and bump it to 50Mbps I get an error in the media encoder telling me to I can only input values from 4 - 20 Mbps. What is causing this limitation?

Also I am able to capture at 720p but it doesn't appear to be "fluid" as if it is dropping frames during record <---guess.

What should I look at to correct these problems? When in record mode I look at the statistics and it appears that I am not dropping frames but the video appears otherswise.

Here it is Link

Thanks fish
post #93 of 515 Old 04-17-2010, 06:09 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheerman View Post

so i went and installed windows media encoder and got it working with the avermedia as mr deeps has kindly supplied to this thread. I have a couple of problems and was wondering if anyone could offer me advice. I am capturing through the component connection from an xbox but when I go into custom settings for the fps I am only able to type in 20Mbps max. If I try and bump it to 50Mbps I get an error in the media encoder telling me to I can only input values from 4 - 20 Mbps. What is causing this limitation?

Also I am able to capture at 720p but it doesn't appear to be "fluid" as if it is dropping frames during record <---guess.

What should I look at to correct these problems? When in record mode I look at the statistics and it appears that I am not dropping frames but the video appears otherswise.

Here it is Link

Thanks fish

Sorry for the slow reply... Well it's due that you are running Windows media encoder 32bit. Windows media encoder 64bit allow more bitrate. There's stuff you can do with only 64bit & only 32bit version. Both have different usage.

Windows Media Encoder require a lot of power out of the CPU. Maybe your overall system is better using Aver Software or limit with Fraps or Wincap9 for full uncompressed AVI to avoid using CPU processing power.

Try this setting(only with the 32bit version of windows media encoder. It will freeze with the 64bit version):

It will cause a huge file, but if you have a decent single hard drive, it should record at 60fps without drop frame technically even if you own an old P4.
post #94 of 515 Old 04-20-2010, 08:38 AM

thanks for the advice

Ill give it a try

I'm also contemplating building a rig to handle encoding.

fish
post #95 of 515 Old 04-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

Has anyone else had a problem with this card for HDMI audio while using ATI video cards? I'm using XP, SP3.

When I first installed it, I didn't get any sound through HDMI. I contacted support and was told I needed an older ATI HDMI audio driver. I didn't even have the HDMI audio driver installed, so I went ahead and installed it and finally got the sound through HDMI. It worked fine for a while and all of a sudden the sound disappeared again. Reinstalling the ATI driver and the Avermedia drivers and software didn't fix the problem. Avermedia support keeps using the same tired excuse that you need an older ATI driver, even after I explain that it was working fine with the driver I had (which was older to begin with, like 8.3 off the install disk for a 2yr old 3870) and stopped for no apparent reason - no change in and audio drivers no new a/v software.

After the first incident, I reinstalled the system (with an image backup done before Avermedia was installed) and it worked fine again for about 2 days, then no sound. Again, there support was useless. They know there is a problem yet haven't issued new drivers. I've used 3 different older drivers and each one worked and then quit, so there's something else causing the problem and I have no idea what it could be.

I'm going to try and old nVidia 8600GT and see if that solves the problem although that's not the solution I want. Like to hear from anyone else that may have had or is having same problem.
post #96 of 515 Old 04-21-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsilvest View Post

Has anyone else had a problem with this card for HDMI audio while using ATI video cards? I'm using XP, SP3.

When I first installed it, I didn't get any sound through HDMI. I contacted support and was told I needed an older ATI HDMI audio driver. I didn't even have the HDMI audio driver installed, so I went ahead and installed it and finally got the sound through HDMI. It worked fine for a while and all of a sudden the sound disappeared again. Reinstalling the ATI driver and the Avermedia drivers and software didn't fix the problem. Avermedia support keeps using the same tired excuse that you need an older ATI driver, even after I explain that it was working fine with the driver I had (which was older to begin with, like 8.3 off the install disk for a 2yr old 3870) and stopped for no apparent reason - no change in and audio drivers no new a/v software.

After the first incident, I reinstalled the system (with an image backup done before Avermedia was installed) and it worked fine again for about 2 days, then no sound. Again, there support was useless. They know there is a problem yet haven't issued new drivers. I've used 3 different older drivers and each one worked and then quit, so there's something else causing the problem and I have no idea what it could be.

I'm going to try and old nVidia 8600GT and see if that solves the problem although that's not the solution I want. Like to hear from anyone else that may have had or is having same problem.

It might be something as simple as checking your sound mixer in windows, click on it and go to options and then recording, make sure its not muted.

Right click the volume icon on the bottom right of your taskbar, and then click on "Open Volume Control" - Make sure its not muted, then

Go to options>>>properties>>> select "recording, and make sure it is selected.
post #97 of 515 Old 04-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppted View Post

It might be something as simple as checking your sound mixer in windows, click on it and go to options and then recording, make sure its not muted.

Right click the volume icon on the bottom right of your taskbar, and then click on "Open Volume Control" - Make sure its not muted, then

Go to options>>>properties>>> select "recording, and make sure it is selected.

It's not that, that's always the first thing I check - been doing this a long time. The only thing affected is the Avermedia HDMI input. All other sound input & output is fine, including the Avermedia analog input in the dongle.
post #98 of 515 Old 04-27-2010, 05:04 AM

just to let you know, i'm having no problems with an ATI 4870x2 with the latest drivers.
post #99 of 515 Old 04-27-2010, 06:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlhalla View Post

just to let you know, i'm having no problems with an ATI 4870x2 with the latest drivers.

Thanks. I'm using XP SP3 and there are no latest drivers for it. It's just strange that I can install it, the sound over HDMI works. Shut it down, start it an hour later and the sound is gone - how do you troubleshoot the conflict under those conditions. After I posted, I tried an old nVidia 8600GT and no sound on it either, so it's not just the ATI card. Also, I took it out of my main system, put it in an HTPC which is only used for recording OTA and the only software is BeyondTV, and now I get the HDCP crap and it won't record from my Dish DVR over HDMI at all and I'm using the same connections as I did on the first system which didn't have the HDCP problem. These drivers and software are so buggy it's just a pure crapshoot. I'll just have to settle for component now which does work, or maybe try Fraps.

The HTPC I have it in goes to sleep when I'm not watching or recording, and now when it comes out of standby the damn Avermedia Center loads full screen. I've disabled the Averquick and the other startup in the start menu, check the registry startups, nothing there, and it still does it. I can't remember the last time I've seen such garbage drivers and software, and to be out this long with no fixes.
post #100 of 515 Old 05-02-2010, 09:34 PM

For those who are interested this USB version is out:

$164 on buy.com
http://www.buy.com/prod/avermedia-av...215516140.html

$199 on newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...dia-_-15100052
post #101 of 515 Old 05-07-2010, 03:52 PM

I was getting a bit worried, but my AVer rebate check for this card did finally arrive in the mail today.
post #102 of 515 Old 05-07-2010, 05:37 PM

im looking forward to buy a hdmi capture card so the avertv is also an option.

most important thing for me would be to know if the card works on a non hdcp source on hdmi in with adobe flash media live encoder and other adobe products.

else ill probably go for a blackmagic intensity pro.

could anyone confirm or test this?
post #103 of 515 Old 05-08-2010, 09:26 PM

I have never really tried this software. Well if it support WDM it shouldn't be any different from windows media encoder leaving the same issue as getting the audio. Since the audio driver device seem unknown for this capture card.

HDMI vs Component & how it look on youtube.

I often find hilarous when people force themself to use HDMI for youtube...
post #104 of 515 Old 05-11-2010, 06:44 PM

Here is a quick tutorial in french on how to use the PCIe version, using a free program called VH Capture,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9_XA-PwUuY&fmt=22
post #105 of 515 Old 06-13-2010, 08:51 AM

Mr. Deap,

I am trying to use Windows Media Encoder 64-bit to copy from my DVR to my computer. I am using component cables. I input all the options as described by you. I see in the preview window though that only half of my image appears. The bottom half of the screen is green. Do you know what this means? This is my first time trying to do this sort of thing so I don't know too much about what I am doing.

Thanks!
post #106 of 515 Old 06-13-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unoriginal Name View Post

Mr. Deap,

I am trying to use Windows Media Encoder 64-bit to copy from my DVR to my computer. I am using component cables. I input all the options as described by you. I see in the preview window though that only half of my image appears. The bottom half of the screen is green. Do you know what this means? This is my first time trying to do this sort of thing so I don't know too much about what I am doing.

Thanks!

Did you download the newest driver at AverMedia USA
http://www.avermedia-usa.com/AVerTV/...2&tab=APDriver

They just released the update this month.

I believe it's a bug. or you're not outputting a compatible resolution. I recommend 720P on both encoder & device.

EDIT:They have updated the maximum bitrate which mean you can now use aver software to record at a decent quality in MPEG2. Well I will still use Media Encoder due to the compression ratio.
post #107 of 515 Old 06-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Mr. Deap,

Thanks!

You shouldn't have any problem recording just using the Avermedia Center. Most of the suggestions and discussions on this thread are for game-players and their requirements are much different than yours. You have no need to be concerned with frame rates or bitrates/

I have no problem recording from my Dish 722 DVR in 1080i using the Avermedia Center with XP SP3 and standard codecs. Makes perfect recordings (other than the 2 channel audio).
post #108 of 515 Old 06-13-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Deap View Post

Did you download the newest driver at AverMedia USA
http://www.avermedia-usa.com/AVerTV/...2&tab=APDriver

They just released the update this month.

I believe it's a bug. or you're not outputting a compatible resolution. I recommend 720P on both encoder & device.

EDIT:They have updated the maximum bitrate which mean you can now use aver software to record at a decent quality in MPEG2. Well I will still use Media Encoder due to the compression ratio.

Thanks. I did have the most recent driver. I forgot my device was outputting at 1080i so when I changed it to 720p there was no longer half the screen green...but now the picture in the preview window is too far to the right and a little too far down.

If the bitrate has been increased on the aver software I may have to try that again. I think I tried it last before I updated the driver and software.
post #109 of 515 Old 06-13-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:

You shouldn't have any problem recording just using the Avermedia Center. Most of the suggestions and discussions on this thread are for game-players and their requirements are much different than yours. You have no need to be concerned with frame rates or bitrates/

I have no problem recording from my Dish 722 DVR in 1080i using the Avermedia Center with XP SP3 and standard codecs. Makes perfect recordings (other than the 2 channel audio).

I tried recording off my DVR and it didn't look very good. What are you using for settings in Avermedia?
post #110 of 515 Old 06-13-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:

Thanks. I did have the most recent driver. I forgot my device was outputting at 1080i so when I changed it to 720p there was no longer half the screen green...but now the picture in the preview window is too far to the right and a little too far down.

If the bitrate has been increased on the aver software I may have to try that again. I think I tried it last before I updated the driver and software.

Something wrong. It shouldn't display like that at all. You should also set the resolution to 720P. The first recording should always be 1:1.
post #111 of 515 Old 06-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I tried recording off my DVR and it didn't look very good. What are you using for settings in Avermedia?

DVR set to 1080i output. Avermedia set for Mpeg-2, 1920x1080, 15000 Video Quality and the highest audio sample rates.
post #112 of 515 Old 06-15-2010, 05:25 AM

Quote:

Something wrong. It shouldn't display like that at all. You should also set the resolution to 720P. The first recording should always be 1:1.

Interesting, if I have my television on while doing the recording things display just right. When I have the television off that is when things go wrong.
post #113 of 515 Old 06-17-2010, 09:11 AM

Anyone try Nero 10 - Vision?

The soft setting 720p,1080px60fpsx25000bt, progressive or interlaced.

My Aver card is coming tomorrow. I will try and posting here the results.
post #114 of 515 Old 06-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

Decided to try Mr Deap's WME setup to see if I could get a little better PQ and smaller files from my Dish HD DVR, but when I try to start encoding I get an error message:

"The requested audio codec is not installed on this system.(0xC00D0BC2) "

I'm using the 32-bit version on XP SP3. I have the K-Lite standard codec pack installed.

Did a search for this problem and found many with same error in both 32 and 64-bit WME, but no solutions.

Anyone have an idea what codec I'm missing?
post #115 of 515 Old 06-18-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:

Decided to try Mr Deap's WME setup to see if I could get a little better PQ and smaller files from my Dish HD DVR, but when I try to start encoding I get an error message:

"The requested audio codec is not installed on this system.(0xC00D0BC2) "

I'm using the 32-bit version on XP SP3. I have the K-Lite standard codec pack installed.

Did a search for this problem and found many with same error in both 32 and 64-bit WME, but no solutions.

Anyone have an idea what codec I'm missing?

Can you like post a pic of the software & the exact setting you're using?

Because all I show is record the video of the capture card, but I use the audio from the capture card. It doesn't make much sense.
post #116 of 515 Old 06-18-2010, 06:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Can you like post a pic of the software & the exact setting you're using?

Because all I show is record the video of the capture card, but I use the audio from the capture card. It doesn't make much sense.

Your example shows using audio from your soundcard instead of the capture card. In fact, the settings for audio don't even show the capture card as an option.

Anyway, here's the pics you wanted:

Attachment 178288

Attachment 178289
LL
LL
post #117 of 515 Old 06-18-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:

Your example shows using audio from your soundcard instead of the capture card. In fact, the settings for audio don't even show the capture card as an option.

Anyway, here's the pics you wanted:

Attachment 178288

Attachment 178289

I believe the problem come down because you use 7.1 recording. I don't recall any realtek product that actually can do it.

Windows media Encoder can't read the source of the audio which is odd...

Maybe if you install FFDshow it may go around it. It's a all in one codec solution.

I found out there's actually a 64bit version.

Here the link: http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/download.php

When you combine ffdshow & WME"windows media encoder", it become an awesome encoder since it will encode nearly everything.
post #118 of 515 Old 06-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I believe the problem come down because you use 7.1 recording. I don't recall any realtek product that actually can do it.

Didn't select it, it just defaults to that with the WPro10 option. If I select WM9.2 from the list, which lowers the audio, WME crashes. If I try PCM I get the message that I can't use compressed video with uncompressed audio.

[/quote]Maybe if you install FFDshow it may go around it. It's a all in one codec solution.[/quote]

FFDshow is already installed with the K-Lite codec pak. In fact, I noticed the Avermedia Center software uses it.

I'm using the 32-bit versions as XP is the x86 version. Am I wrong in assuming the WME 64-bit won't run on XP 32-bit or is it dependent on the CPU which is 64?

In any event, I tried some different combinations, even tried just the straight capture selection and no matter what I do I get some kind of error, so there's something else going on or some kind of conflict with WME. Wish I'd just spent the extra to get the Hauppage HD-PVR.
post #119 of 515 Old 06-18-2010, 11:43 PM

Quote:

Didn't select it, it just defaults to that with the WPro10 option. If I select WM9.2 from the list, which lowers the audio, WME crashes. If I try PCM I get the message that I can't use compressed video with uncompressed audio.

Maybe if you install FFDshow it may go around it. It's a all in one codec solution.[/quote]

FFDshow is already installed with the K-Lite codec pak. In fact, I noticed the Avermedia Center software uses it.

I'm using the 32-bit versions as XP is the x86 version. Am I wrong in assuming the WME 64-bit won't run on XP 32-bit or is it dependent on the CPU which is 64?

In any event, I tried some different combinations, even tried just the straight capture selection and no matter what I do I get some kind of error, so there's something else going on or some kind of conflict with WME. Wish I'd just spent the extra to get the Hauppage HD-PVR.[/quote]

The problem is the audio driver of your onboard audio. Because no one else have this issue. Windows Media Encoder is most compatible you can find on the internet.

I believe you will even get this problem with Virtualdub. Because something is installed wrong on your PC.
post #120 of 515 Old 06-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The problem is the audio driver of your onboard audio. Because no one else have this issue. Windows Media Encoder is most compatible you can find on the internet.

I believe you will even get this problem with Virtualdub. Because something is installed wrong on your PC.

The driver is the Realtek HD driver ver 5.10.0.5919, which is late 2009 and the latest from ASUS for his board, although there are newer Realtek drivers available from their site. But, I'm not having any problems with audio with other programs, including Nero or AVS4you, both of which will record the audio using the Realtek input, but only will record 480p video from the Avermedia card. So, I don't see where the audio driver is the problem and if something is installed wrong it would have to be WME since it's the one with the problem. It's also difficult to isolate the problem when the error messages are so vague.

Anyway, thanks for the help, but it's really not worth any more time spent since I don't even know if it will help the pq which isn't atrocious, but not as good as it should be, just as the card isn't as good as it should be.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page