Auzentech Prelude - Intermittent audio problem during video playback - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-14-2009, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been struggling with an issue with my Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 card and was hoping someone would be able to help here.

The problem occurs during video playback only, essentially my receiver seems to lose the SPDIF signal for a second or so. The sound is perfect otherwise, but every few minutes it just cuts out for a couple seconds.

This happens while watching video over the internet ( hulu, etc ) and also while watching DVDs as well as downloaded videos. This also happens during audio playback with Pandora, etc.

I don't think it is affecting the analog output, so it's either my receiver getting confused, or the audio card outputting strangeness to the SPDIF output ( which confuses the receiver ). During the periods where it cuts out, the 'DTS' light on my reciever cuts out.

I was just actually playing with it during this post, and now I can't get any audio to come out of SPDIF at all. I'm pretty sure the drivers are at fault here, they haven't been updated in 4 months from what I can tell.

Any one have any tips/help on this?

Been scouring the web for hours for help, tried a ton of stuff, but nothing seems to solve the problem.

MY SETUP:
I'm running Windows Vista SP2 and the latest drivers from Auzentech 6.0.1.1283.

I have a Denon AVR 3805 Receiver, and the card is hooked up via the optical port to the SPDIF port.

In Windows, I have the default playback device set to 'Speakers' ( changing it to SPDIF Out as the default does not help ), and my configuration is set to 5.1 Surround.

If I click on SPDIF and look at the properties, I have DTS Audio and Dolby Audio checked off, along with 96khz as the sample rate.

I have it set to 'entertainment mode', with SVM set to off, EAX off, CMSS off, crystalizer off, Encoder set to DTS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-14-2009, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

One more bit of detail, if I turn off DTS encoding, the problem doesn't seem to occur at all, but of course thats one of the main reasons I wanted this card, the DTS sounds pretty awesome.

Similar problems with Dolby Digital as well
post #3 of 3 Old 11-15-2009, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Does anyone have one of these cards, and can you get DTS to work?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page