Windows 7 and ArcSoft decoder - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2009, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
davdev's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Norwood MA
Posts: 5,083
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have recently upgrade to windows 7, and since then, I can't get any Blu-Rays to rip to MKV with their DTS-MA tracks converted to flac. I have re-registered the ASAUDIOHD file but eac3to still says "The ArcSoft Decoders don't seem to work" and it referts to libav, which can't decode the DTS-MA track

Is this a Windows 7 issue? Is there anyway to get it to work? If so it will just get added to the list of reasons why I am ticked I didn't listen to my gut and NOT upgrade to Windows 7. I have not been happy at all with Win7 compared to Vista for HTPC purposes.
davdev is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member
lstepnio's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tampa, Florida USA
Posts: 595
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wish I wrote down what I did to get it to work but I went through the same type of none-sense with XP and eac3to.

Try adding to your system PATH variable:
C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\ArcSoft\\Bin

I think the trick that worked in my case was manually registering one audio decoders. If I recall I had 3 instances of the decoder (3 versions) and registering one of them caused eac3to -test pass the checks.
lstepnio is offline  
Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off