Any help here http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archi...c-t355233.html
I am messing around with MPC HC on my craptop and in options/playback/output it says that you must use VMR9 (or 7) to make subtitles work. I enabled it and sure enough it ungrayed the subtitles selections and I was able to enable the tracks, the only thing is it didn't show the subs????? Maybe because of my underpowered craptop
I must stress that I don't know what I doing, I'm just messing to try and solve an interesting problem.
edit found this http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=123537
Modern video graphics card have the possibility to decode partially or completely a video using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA) and reduces CPU usage. MPC - HC has an embedded video decoder using this technology to decode H.264, VC-1 video. Unfortunately this decoder supports for the moment only bitstream mode, which means that only most recent graphic cards are supported.
* ATI Radeon™ HD, ATI HD3850/3870/4850/4870/5800, AMD Hybrid CrossFireX™ 780G series for H.264 & VC-1
* nVidia GeForce 8500, 8600, 9600 or better
DXVA is quite susceptible, so if you want to use it you have to respect those rules:
* Windows XP, Vista and 7
* For Windows XP users, select Overlay Mixer, WMR7(9) or VMR7(9) Renderless
* For Vista users, select EVR or EVR Custom
* For DXVA and subtitles support select VMR7(9) Renderless or EVR Custom.
* Video decoder should be connected directly to the renderer. This means that no intermediate filters such as DirectVobSub or ffdshow can be inserted between decoder and video renderer.
* DXVA compliant x264 encoded files.