Dell Zino HD or ASrock ION 330HT for HDhomerun - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-14-2009, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

For a HDhomerun/Win7 Mediacenter HTPC DVR setup which would have advantages over the other? Also I'm currious I'll be recording OTA 720p/1080i how much space will my media canter recordings take up? Both the Zino and ASrock seem to be backordered, so I'll be waiting either way.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-14-2009, 07:47 PM

Zino is definitely back ordered as I canceled my 11/18 order that was delayed until 2/24/10.

ASrock is on delay through Amazon for some reason, but I ordered mine this weekend from ewiz.com and it shipped this afternoon. It's definitely available.
Here's a link: http://www.ewiz.com/query.php?categry=208

I can't say which is better, I don't know nearly enough about this, but I watched a bunch of video reviews and even one that showed it streaming hulu hd and youtube hd flawlessly after installing Flash 10.1. That did it for me.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-14-2009, 08:04 PM

AFAIK, the ION330-HT-BD/B is still available $15 off with code ( JINGLE15 ), I've placed an order last night. I was going to be only 20 minutes away from the store during the day and first thing in the morning I called for the two units to be placed in will call. Out of curiosity I asked about their stock in inventory and they told me the had ordered about 100 units with less than 20 left.

http://www.ewiz.com/query.php?categry=0&s=asrock

Quote:

I can't say which is better, I don't know nearly enough about this, but I watched a bunch of video reviews and even one that showed it streaming hulu hd and youtube hd flawlessly after installing Flash 10.1. That did it for me.

The Hardware Acceleration of Flash was the deal breaker for most people considering an ION system, myself included, now it becomes a non issue.

zzyckz
post #4 of 5 Old 12-14-2009, 09:41 PM

I'm psyched for mine to arrive. It's my first HTPC. I already canceled my cable and increased the speed of my internet package. Using an OTA digital HD antenna and my Roku until this arrives.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-14-2009, 11:55 PM

You won't be disappointed with the choice you made, compared to the Zino and similar specs you'll come out ahead and it's good deal.

zzyckz
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page