Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just started doing this as well. Hard drive space is getting cheaper and I sit about 7.5 feet from my 92inch screen, so I am not interested in compressing - not to mention the time it takes to actually compress, which can easily be 4+ hours per movie.
My process is:
1. have AnyDvd HD running.
2. use HD-DVD/Blu-ray Stream Extractor to extract the required streams:
2a. Extract chapters (as txt), main movie (as mkv), HD Audio (as FLAC), AC3 track (as AC3), English subtitles (as sup)
3. go to tagChimp.com and search for movie to get Chapter names
4. open up chapters.txt file generated from step 2 and paste in chapter names.
5. run subtitle file (from 2 above) through BDSup2Sub to look for any forced subtitles. If I find any, save the forced subs.
6. use mvkmerge GUI to remux all the tracks from step 2, plus any forced subs from step 5.
6a. Order my tracks: main movie, FLAC, AC3
6b. Specify Track names for main movie and audio tracks (this makes it easy to identify which track is which when viewing in, say, mpc) and specify the track langauge.
6c. specify flac track as Default Track Flag: Yes (this will make the flac audio track play by default)
6d. Go to the Global tab and load the chapters file, set language as english.
Done. Whole process takes about 1 - 1.5 hours depending on movie.