Correct settings for MPC-HC in full screen? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-05-2010, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

When viewing a movie via Media Player Classic at full screen, what are the correct settings to so that the movie at full screen?

Assuming 1080p screen (projector). And in the case of lower resolution movies, I still want the movie to take up the full screen (proper aspect ratio)

I can't seem to find a setting that will make movies of all resolutions take up the full sceen (with right aspect ratios and not cutting/cropping part of the movie).

And I guess while we are at it, anyone know the setting in WMP to do the same thing?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-05-2010, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

With the settings shown here when you double click on a file in Windows Explorer it will launch MPC-HC in full screen mode. With some some ATI video cards this will launch correctly with Media Browser inside WMC7 in full screen mode. Under Video Frame with the context menu make sure "Keep Aspect Ratio" is checked.

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-05-2010, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks,

Though with those setting if I launch a dvd (on a display with a resolution higher than a dvd), while the player does launch full screen, the actual picture does not take up the full screen.

I want the dvd to take up the full screen (of course there will the be bars on top and bottom). Just like when I watch a dvd on my projector via a dvd player.

selecting the Touch Window From Inside option on Video Frame seems to accomplish this. Just not sure if this is the correct approach.
post #4 of 7 Old 01-05-2010, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

If you press Alt-Enter does it then go full screen?

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-05-2010, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

I can get the player to go full screen, but not to be confused with the movie actually filling the screen when it plays.

A movie that is lower resolution than the screen/monitor/projector does not fill up the screen when it plays - it looks like it plays at its native resolution. So for a dvd, there is basically a big black box around the picture.

selecting the 'Touch Window From Inside' option on Video Frame forces the movie to fill the screen. With maintain aspect ratio also selected, I think I am good.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-06-2010, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

anyone else have any comments? Must be a lot of people using mpc-hc in full screen mode to watch movies with a resolution lower than your display.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-07-2014, 03:48 AM

Liked: 0
I had exactly the dame problem and "selecting the Touch Window From Inside option on Video Frame " fixed it for me.

Thanks for the thread.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page