ATI HD 5000 Series Known Problems (5870 5850 5770 5750 5670 5570 5450) - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolstoi View Post

9.12 hot fix is a decent driver and works well with the 5670 on win7 x64.

How did you find that version. ATI site only directs me to catlyst 10.1 drivers when I put in that model.

| XBOX360 - headshotwi | PS3 - headshotwi |
| Klipsch RF-82, RS-62, RC-64 | HSU ULS-15 DualDrive | Onkyo PR-SC5507P| Panasonic TC-P65V10 | Emotiva XPA-5 & UPA-2 |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
It's strange that 9.12 hotfix works, cause that came out before the 5670 and some people say 10.1 itself doesn't work with the 5670, but 10.1 hotfix may work.
post #123 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post

It's strange that 9.12 hotfix works, cause that came out before the 5670 and some people say 10.1 itself doesn't work with the 5670, but 10.1 hotfix may work.

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to find anything other than the 10.1 drivers on ATI site? I can't seem to find anything. All roads lead to the 10.1 catalyst drivers. I can't find these hotfixes etc....

Either I am an idiot or this site is stupid...

| Klipsch RF-82, RS-62, RC-64 | HSU ULS-15 DualDrive | Onkyo PR-SC5507P| Panasonic TC-P65V10 | Emotiva XPA-5 & UPA-2 |
post #124 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It used to be that you could navigate to the hotfixes IIRC. They're very easy to google too, but anyway 10.1 hotfix is here.
post #125 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 09:47 AM

Liked: 150
Quote:

It used to be that you could navigate to the hotfixes IIRC. They're very easy to google too, but anyway 10.1 hotfix is here.

Yeah, it is stupid that we now have to hunt for the hotfixes.
post #126 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

Yeah, it is stupid that we now have to hunt for the hotfixes.

Just pulled the trigger on a XFX 5770. it looks like there is better driver support with more recent catalyst drivers and hopefully I'll be able to consider playing starcraft 2 with this card.

My HTPC is a monster anyways with 6 drives in it so whats another large video card

Can't wait to get this baby and set it up to bitstream HD audio!

post #127 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 10:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I actually just received another 5670 (this one if the HIS, the other one I have is the Sapphire). I got the 5450 but chickened out after reading the reviews and returned it. This card will be hooked up to my Pioneer AVR, so hopefully I shouldn't run into any EDID issues that I had with my Onkyo.

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #128 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

I actually just received another 5670 (this one if the HIS, the other one I have is the Sapphire). I got the 5450 but chickened out after reading the reviews and returned it. This card will be hooked up to my Pioneer AVR, so hopefully I shouldn't run into any EDID issues that I had with my Onkyo.

You shouldn't run into any issues I have the 5670 XFX card running the 10.1 hotfix. The sleep function works with the Pioneers hooked up and the card has been pretty trouble free for me.

W7x64
Gigabyte P55M-UDH4
i5 750
HD 5670
Pioneer SC-07

Bitstreaming works on all of my players, no problems with sleep, so far it's been a dream!
post #129 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egorss78 View Post

Just got my 5450 in today, and put it in the machine. I now only have grayscale on my screen, no colors after windows is booted. Wierd thing is that the machine POSTS and boots in color, just as soon as windows 7 loads, everything stays grayscale. This is not crashing(not the grey bug everyone else is having), just lack of any color.

Checked all the settings, machine thinks it is 32 bit color. Any ideas

EDIT: Nevermind, 5 reboots later, it corrected itself.... no idea

I just noticed... the 10.1 hotfix is for you. I'm not sure if it works with the 5450, it probably does.
post #130 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 10:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimo View Post

You shouldn't run into any issues I have the 5670 XFX card running the 10.1 hotfix. The sleep function works with the Pioneers hooked up and the card has been pretty trouble free for me.

W7x64
Gigabyte P55M-UDH4
i5 750
HD 5670
Pioneer SC-07

Bitstreaming works on all of my players, no problems with sleep, so far it's been a dream!

Great. After I did the EDID for my Onkyo everything has been running great, so good to hear that Pios are doing well. Should know later today!!!

Cheers,
Damian

post #131 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Have you already applied an EDID override? That's what you need to do.

Hi Tulli! Yes I have tried the EDID override solution. Here's a list of inf files I've tried:

Denon_Mod
Samsung LN-S4095D - DENON AVR988
Sony 52W5500 - DENON AVR1910

Any other ideas? Like I said I have a LN52A650 & A DENON 3808CI. Any help would be appreciated!
post #132 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:

Honestly I don't know of any differences (regarding HTPC at least, I don't know much about gaming) with the graphics drivers. Since 9.11 they all seem the same to me and my 5770. The only caveat would be that newer cards can only use the newer drivers.

ATI has said they will fix the EDID problem, but as of 10.1 (and version 8.70RC2, or unofficial "10.2" RC2) it doesn't seem to have been fixed. They have also said they will fix some 2D issues described in this article.

I know this thread is mainly about the HDMI audio output issues... (which is very annoying... fresh install of windows 7 64-bit to start over too) with FOUR different HDMI devices listed under "playback devices"...
1) Digital Output (HDMI)
2) ATI HDMI Output
3) ATI HDMI Output - 2 [is this because there are 2 cards in crossfirex mode? or did it just install the drivers twice??]
4) Realtek HDMI Output

Not exactly a problem as an annoyance going through to find out which ones will playback audio to my plasma TV, and even then make sure it is not transmitting 'clicks' and 'pops'. This is a major issue for those that are not technically inclined.....

However, with the info you listed on this thread [THANK YOU!!!] it should be easy getting the audio how I want it

The reason I quoted the person above, is because I also have an HD 5770... and I constantly get the "driver has crashed and recovered" message when the ATI video driver freezes. It has happened since the 9.11 driver, the 9.12 + hotfix didn't work, now the 10.1 driver isn't working... trying the hotfix for it next. For those of you that have a 5770, does anyone have Sapphire?? I thought I saw something about a few of the companies using components that are not up to par. Is anyone having problems with Sapphire 57XX or 5X70 cards crashing... its not even during a game or ANY sort of graphics heavy use... just the desktop can freeze it. Also, Sapphire's first 5770 was rectangular, and they revised it with a new shape that has an oval (which is the one I have).
Code:

I've seen the issue posted so many times on SOOO many forums, 
and tried various 'fixes' without any effect... 
It doesn't help that some people are simply having issues while benchmarking or gaming, 
something that puts a load on the VGA. 
And other people such as myself, are having the same symptoms 
while doing something as simple as opening a folder or going to google.com.   
I would assume that while the symptoms are the same, 
the huge difference in what triggers the symptoms means that 
the issue is not exactly the same...    

Because of all the posts on the ATI forum, making it a known issue, 
with many very VERY unhappy customers, I was sooo happy to see 10.1 released!
I thought, 'Finally!!! my graphics will work like its supposed to... 
 on this new machine I built myself to be top of the line,
and it will run everything super fast with great audio and graphics!
So, to the person above that I quoted... or anyone else who may know (it seems most of you have a lot more knowledge on these issues than me or other average forums):

a) is there a simple fix for my video card crashing randomly?

b) is this a Sapphire brand specific issue / is there any noted differences performance-wise with Sapphire 5700 cards? (they should all be essentially the same and based off ATI specs... but I read something that said there was an issue with radeon HD 4800 and up models, including the 5000 series.)

If it helps... after installing 10.1 drivers, i noticed a new symptom. The random freeze/recovery still occured.... but while running milkdrop2 visuals in full screen (it seems to only happen in full screen) the system will restart with a "HYPER TRANSFER SYNC ERROR"

Code:

I'm thinking that using the SB700 raid driver to run a raid array with 3 of my sata drives 
MIGHT have something to do with the Hyper Transfer Sync Error...?  
I dunno, just because the music was playing from that array, 
or because  5 of the 6 main sata ports are in use... 
(there are 2 additional sata ports that are not controlled by the SB, 
but by JB micron... the instructions say to use these for hardware raid, 
but with only 2 sata ports, it is for stripped/mirror only, 
and I want to use raid 5, so those 2 are disabled).
If an external hardware raid box w/ esata connection will help fix the sync errror,
that'd be awesome cause I was looking into it anyways 
and that would give me a REAL good reason ;)
THANK YOU for ANY help... having built this system myself and ordering what I felt were the BEST parts available for my budget, it is very annoying not even being able to mess with games or media or overclocking, because the graphics aren't even stable with only windows installed!!

Thanks again, [and sooo sorry for the long post - I used code boxes to help ]
Ben

Code:
My system specs are below:  
*VGA: 2x SAPPHIRE HD 5770, CrossFireX (new revision w/ "oval" fan cover)
*MoBo: MSI 790FX-GD70 
*Processor: Phenom II x4 965 
*Mem: 4x 2GB DDR3-1600 G.SKILL 
*Power: Corsair 750 Watt 
(+3.3V: 28A @ 180W; +5V: 30A @ 180W; +12v: 60A @ 720W) 
*HDD: WD Raptor 300GB 
+ 3x WD Black 750GB in raid 5 array
*Also, just because one person mentioned it causing a conflict for them 
(or maybe they just thought it was the problem)... 
I am using a wireless keyboard/mouse that communicates with a usb stick, 
similar to the wireless laptop mice.
post #133 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplekush View Post

I know this thread is mainly about the HDMI audio output issues... (which is very annoying... fresh install of windows 7 64-bit to start over too) with FOUR different HDMI devices listed under "playback devices"...
1) Digital Output (HDMI)
2) ATI HDMI Output
3) ATI HDMI Output - 2 [is this because there are 2 cards in crossfirex mode? or did it just install the drivers twice??]
4) Realtek HDMI Output

Not exactly a problem as an annoyance going through to find out which ones will playback audio to my plasma TV, and even then make sure it is not transmitting 'clicks' and 'pops'. This is a major issue for those that are not technically inclined.....

However, with the info you listed on this thread [THANK YOU!!!] it should be easy getting the audio how I want it

The reason I quoted the person above, is because I also have an HD 5770... and I constantly get the "driver has crashed and recovered" message when the ATI video driver freezes. It has happened since the 9.11 driver, the 9.12 + hotfix didn't work, now the 10.1 driver isn't working... trying the hotfix for it next. For those of you that have a 5770, does anyone have Sapphire?? I thought I saw something about a few of the companies using components that are not up to par. Is anyone having problems with Sapphire 57XX or 5X70 cards crashing... its not even during a game or ANY sort of graphics heavy use... just the desktop can freeze it. Also, Sapphire's first 5770 was rectangular, and they revised it with a new shape that has an oval (which is the one I have).
Code:

I've seen the issue posted so many times on SOOO many forums, 
and tried various 'fixes' without any effect... 
It doesn't help that some people are simply having issues while benchmarking or gaming, 
something that puts a load on the VGA. 
And other people such as myself, are having the same symptoms 
while doing something as simple as opening a folder or going to google.com.   
I would assume that while the symptoms are the same, 
the huge difference in what triggers the symptoms means that 
the issue is not exactly the same...    

Because of all the posts on the ATI forum, making it a known issue, 
with many very VERY unhappy customers, I was sooo happy to see 10.1 released!
I thought, 'Finally!!! my graphics will work like its supposed to... 
 on this new machine I built myself to be top of the line,
and it will run everything super fast with great audio and graphics!
So, to the person above that I quoted... or anyone else who may know (it seems most of you have a lot more knowledge on these issues than me or other average forums):

a) is there a simple fix for my video card crashing randomly?

b) is this a Sapphire brand specific issue / is there any noted differences performance-wise with Sapphire 5700 cards? (they should all be essentially the same and based off ATI specs... but I read something that said there was an issue with radeon HD 4800 and up models, including the 5000 series.)

If it helps... after installing 10.1 drivers, i noticed a new symptom. The random freeze/recovery still occured.... but while running milkdrop2 visuals in full screen (it seems to only happen in full screen) the system will restart with a "HYPER TRANSFER SYNC ERROR"

Code:

I'm thinking that using the SB700 raid driver to run a raid array with 3 of my sata drives 
MIGHT have something to do with the Hyper Transfer Sync Error...?  
I dunno, just because the music was playing from that array, 
or because  5 of the 6 main sata ports are in use... 
(there are 2 additional sata ports that are not controlled by the SB, 
but by JB micron... the instructions say to use these for hardware raid, 
but with only 2 sata ports, it is for stripped/mirror only, 
and I want to use raid 5, so those 2 are disabled).
If an external hardware raid box w/ esata connection will help fix the sync errror,
that'd be awesome cause I was looking into it anyways 
and that would give me a REAL good reason ;)
THANK YOU for ANY help... having built this system myself and ordering what I felt were the BEST parts available for my budget, it is very annoying not even being able to mess with games or media or overclocking, because the graphics aren't even stable with only windows installed!!

Thanks again, [and sooo sorry for the long post - I used code boxes to help ]
Ben

Code:
My system specs are below:  
*VGA: 2x SAPPHIRE HD 5770, CrossFireX (new revision w/ "oval" fan cover)
*MoBo: MSI 790FX-GD70 
*Processor: Phenom II x4 965 
*Mem: 4x 2GB DDR3-1600 G.SKILL 
*Power: Corsair 750 Watt 
(+3.3V: 28A @ 180W; +5V: 30A @ 180W; +12v: 60A @ 720W) 
*HDD: WD Raptor 300GB 
+ 3x WD Black 750GB in raid 5 array
*Also, just because one person mentioned it causing a conflict for them 
(or maybe they just thought it was the problem)... 
I am using a wireless keyboard/mouse that communicates with a usb stick, 
similar to the wireless laptop mice.

Have you tried formatting your PC and installing windows 7 x64 fresh with the most recent drivers and giving it a good test from there before you start adding codecs and other software packages? This means leaving out any raid cards, or non necessary devices. The saphire 5770 seems to have good reviews so i am more inclinded to think it is something with your system or software.

post #134 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

purplekush, your setup is very complex compared to what most of us have here. I doubt the random crashes are due to a specific brand of card (may be a faulty card though). Sapphire has been pretty good to me, but I've only owned one or two of their cards. The cooler won't mess with it either, unless temps are your problem (which you can monitor anyway). I think more likely is something on your setup. The ideal thing would be to try from scratch like sethhobrin said, but it's understandable if you don't wanna do that.

About the multiple HDMI devices, that's the first time I've seen that. Even if it's crossfire, AFAIK there's only one HDMI audio device per card, and I don't know if both are active in CF mode. Number 1 doesn't seem like an ATI device though. Which mobo are you using? Sorry, missed it.
post #135 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 11:59 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKeef View Post

Hi Tulli! Yes I have tried the EDID override solution. Here's a list of inf files I've tried:

Denon_Mod
Samsung LN-S4095D - DENON AVR988
Sony 52W5500 - DENON AVR1910

Any other ideas? Like I said I have a LN52A650 & A DENON 3808CI. Any help would be appreciated!

Are you aware that you need to set PDVD9 audio to "Non-decoded high definition audio to external device" while playing back the BD?

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
post #136 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

That must be about the dumbest UI option I've seen on any version of PowerDVD.
post #137 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:

Are you aware that you need to set PDVD9 audio to "Non-decoded high definition audio to external device" while playing back the BD?

Yes I am, unfortunately that option isn't even listed. All I see is "PCM decoded by PowerDVD" and "Non-decoded Dolby Digital/DTS to external device". I was thinking about running a system restore and starting my driver installs from scratch.
post #138 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 12:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

Have you checked that the EDID override is actually installed on Device Manager->Monitors? Did you reboot after install?

post #139 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplekush View Post

For those of you that have a 5770, does anyone have Sapphire?? I thought I saw something about a few of the companies using components that are not up to par. Is anyone having problems with Sapphire 57XX or 5X70 cards crashing...

Purplekush,
A short while ago I was in the tricky position if buying a few cards for my work machines, when two of them had to be used for media playback tests, So I had the mis/fortune to run through the full 4xxx series & 5xxx series in 3 weeks ...

The first 5xxx card I bought was indeed the Sapphire 5770.

I returned it after two days, because of two things:
similar performance issues like you describe,
& slightly blurrier then the competition video output.

I replaced it with yet another sapphire 5770 but it was the same.
I attributed the performance problems to the drivers first,
but then realized the cards working at 75C might have something to do with it, & decided no more sapphire 5770 for me.
post #140 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethhobrin View Post

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to find anything other than the 10.1 drivers on ATI site? I can't seem to find anything. All roads lead to the 10.1 catalyst drivers. I can't find these hotfixes etc....

Either I am an idiot or this site is stupid...

Ok I am the one getting confused; I am not running a 5670 but a 4670 in one PC and a 5750 in the HTPC. I am running the 9.12 hot fix with the 5750.

Sorry for the confusion.
post #141 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKeef View Post

Yes I am, unfortunately that option isn't even listed. All I see is "PCM decoded by PowerDVD" and "Non-decoded Dolby Digital/DTS to external device". I was thinking about running a system restore and starting my driver installs from scratch.

Try looking for it while the movie is actually playing... I have to do this everytime in the standalone version but for some reason it works fine when playing through media center.
post #142 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byt3 View Post

Purplekush,
A short while ago I was in the tricky position if buying a few cards for my work machines, when two of them had to be used for media playback tests, So I had the mis/fortune to run through the full 4xxx series & 5xxx series in 3 weeks ...

The first 5xxx card I bought was indeed the Sapphire 5770.

I returned it after two days, because of two things:
similar performance issues like you describe,
& slightly blurrier then the competition video output.

I replaced it with yet another sapphire 5770 but it was the same.
I attributed the performance problems to the drivers first,
but then realized the cards working at 75C might have something to do with it, & decided no more sapphire 5770 for me.

I just ordered an XFX 1GB 5770. I can let you guys know how it performs.

post #143 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 05:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

@ Tulli,

Just installed the HIS 5670 in my other HTPC, no luck bitstreaming. I was hoping I wouldnt need an EDID override since the receiver is a Pioneer and seems like most people have luck with, but guess I will have to try.

I will get the info for t he EDID tomorrow. Question though, I will have to put my 4670 back in to get the info. Do I need to reinstall the 4670 drivers / remove the 5670 drivers, or can I just pop in the 4670 and gather the needed info?

My AVR is a Pioneer VSX94 connected to a Panny 42' Plasma

Cheers,
Damian

post #144 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
You should be able to just pop the 4xxx in, read the EDID and then swap them back. I've done it several times.
post #145 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

@ Tulli,

Just installed the HIS 5670 in my other HTPC, no luck bitstreaming. I was hoping I wouldnt need an EDID override since the receiver is a Pioneer and seems like most people have luck with, but guess I will have to try.

I will get the info for t he EDID tomorrow. Question though, I will have to put my 4670 back in to get the info. Do I need to reinstall the 4670 drivers / remove the 5670 drivers, or can I just pop in the 4670 and gather the needed info?

My AVR is a Pioneer VSX94 connected to a Panny 42' Plasma

I have a Sapphire 5670 and a 94TXH. This is what the supported formats show. Does this mean I can't bitstream either?
LL
post #146 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane View Post

I have a Sapphire 5670 and a 94TXH. This is what the supported formats show. Does this mean I can't bitstream either?

It's reading it proper, you should be able to bitstream, if your up and running make sure your receiver is set properly. I'm sure dbone checked all that before so I'm assuming it's a really early firmware on his receiver.
post #147 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 06:37 PM

Hi, Tulli

Can you make a mod EDID to my AVR-590 and Dell U2410?
Thanks in advance

Quote:

Dell U2410

; INF file generated by Monitor Asset Manager, 11/02/2010
; Copyright (c) EnTech Taiwan, 1995-2009.

[Version]
Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"
Class=Monitor
ClassGUID={4d36e96e-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Provider=%MFG%
DriverVer=11/02/2010, 1.0.0.0
;CatalogFile=YourSignedCatalogFile.cat

[DestinationDirs]
DefaultDestDir=23

[SourceDisksNames]
1=%DISC%

[SourceDisksFiles]
;YourColorProfileFile.icm

[Manufacturer]
%VENDOR%=EDID_OVERRIDE,NTx86,NTamd64

[EDID_OVERRIDE.NTx86]
%PRODUCTID%=OVERRIDDEN-EDID.Install, MONITOR\\DELF016

[EDID_OVERRIDE.NTamd64]
%PRODUCTID%=OVERRIDDEN-EDID.Install.NTamd64, MONITOR\\DELF016

[OVERRIDDEN-EDID.Install.NTx86]
DelReg=DEL_CURRENT_REG
AddReg=OVERRIDDEN-EDID.AddReg, MODE1, DPMS
CopyFiles=OVERRIDDEN-EDID.CopyFiles

[OVERRIDDEN-EDID.Install.NTamd64]
DelReg=DEL_CURRENT_REG

[OVERRIDDEN-EDID.Install.NTx86.HW]
AddReg=OVERRIDDEN-EDID_AddReg

[OVERRIDDEN-EDID.Install.NTamd64.HW]

[OVERRIDDEN-EDID_AddReg]
;Base EDID
HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"0",0x01,0x00,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0x00,0x10,0xAC,0x16 ,0xF0,0x4C,0x54,0x4B,0x31,0x34,0x13,0x01,0x03,0x80,0x34,0x20 ,0x78,0xEA,0x1E,0xC5,0xAE,0x4F,0x34,0xB1,0x26,0x0E,0x50,0x54 ,0xA5,0x4B,0x00,0x81,0x80,0xA9,0x40,0xD1,0x00,0x71,0x4F,0x01 ,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x28,0x3C,0x80,0xA0,0x70 ,0xB0,0x23,0x40,0x30,0x20,0x36,0x00,0x06,0x44,0x21,0x00,0x00 ,0x1A,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xFF,0x00,0x43,0x35,0x39,0x32,0x4D,0x39 ,0x43,0x4D,0x31,0x4B,0x54,0x4C,0x0A,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xFC,0x00 ,0x44,0x45,0x4C,0x4C,0x20,0x55,0x32,0x34,0x31,0x30,0x0A,0x20 ,0x20,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xFD,0x00,0x38,0x4C,0x1E,0x51,0x11,0x00 ,0x0A,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x01,0xF8

[DEL_CURRENT_REG]
HKR,MODES
HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE
HKR,,MaxResolution
HKR,,DPMS
HKR,,ICMProfile

[DPMS]
HKR,,DPMS,,1

[MODE1]
HKR,,MaxResolution,,"1920,1200"

[OVERRIDDEN-EDID.AddReg]
HKR,"MODES\\1920,1200",Mode1,,"30.0-81.0,56.0-76.0,+,+"

[OVERRIDDEN-EDID.CopyFiles]

[Strings]
MFG="EnTech Taiwan"
DISC="Monitor EDID Override Installation Disk"
PRODUCTID="DELL U2410 (EDID Override)"
VENDOR="Dell"

AVR-590

; INF file generated by Monitor Asset Manager, 11/02/2010
; Copyright (c) EnTech Taiwan, 1995-2009.

[Version]
Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"
Class=Monitor
ClassGUID={4d36e96e-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Provider=%MFG%
DriverVer=11/02/2010, 1.0.0.0
;CatalogFile=YourSignedCatalogFile.cat

[DestinationDirs]
DefaultDestDir=23

[SourceDisksNames]
1=%DISC%

[SourceDisksFiles]

[Manufacturer]
%VENDOR%=EDID_OVERRIDE,NTx86,NTamd64

[EDID_OVERRIDE.NTx86]
%PRODUCTID%=OVERRIDDEN-EDID.Install, MONITOR\\DON0014

[EDID_OVERRIDE.NTamd64]
%PRODUCTID%=OVERRIDDEN-EDID.Install.NTamd64, MONITOR\\DON0014

[OVERRIDDEN-EDID.Install.NTx86]
DelReg=DEL_CURRENT_REG

[OVERRIDDEN-EDID.Install.NTamd64]
DelReg=DEL_CURRENT_REG

[OVERRIDDEN-EDID.Install.NTx86.HW]

[OVERRIDDEN-EDID.Install.NTamd64.HW]

[OVERRIDDEN-EDID_AddReg]
;Base EDID
HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"0",0x01,0x00,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0x00,0x11,0xEE,0x14 ,0x00,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x00,0x13,0x01,0x03,0x80,0x50,0x2D ,0x78,0x0A,0x0D,0xC9,0xA0,0x57,0x47,0x98,0x27,0x12,0x48,0x4C ,0x20,0x00,0x00,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01 ,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01,0x1D,0x80,0x18,0x71 ,0x1C,0x16,0x20,0x58,0x2C,0x25,0x00,0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00,0x00 ,0x9E,0x01,0x1D,0x80,0xD0,0x72,0x1C,0x16,0x20,0x10,0x2C,0x25 ,0x80,0xC4,0x8E,0x21,0x00,0x00,0x9E,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xFC,0x00 ,0x44,0x45,0x4E,0x4F,0x4E,0x2D,0x41,0x56,0x41,0x4D,0x50,0x0A ,0x20,0x00,0x00,0x00,0xFD,0x00,0x31,0x3D,0x0F,0x44,0x0F,0x00 ,0x0A,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x20,0x01,0x85

[DEL_CURRENT_REG]
HKR,MODES
HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE
HKR,,MaxResolution
HKR,,DPMS
HKR,,ICMProfile

[DPMS]
HKR,,DPMS,,0

[MODE1]
HKR,,MaxResolution,,"1920,1080"

[OVERRIDDEN-EDID.AddReg]
HKR,"MODES\\1920,1080",Mode1,,"15.0-68.0,49.0-61.0,+,+"

[OVERRIDDEN-EDID.CopyFiles]

[Strings]
MFG="EnTech Taiwan"
DISC="Monitor EDID Override Installation Disk"
PRODUCTID="DENON-AVAMP (EDID Override)"
VENDOR="Denon"

post #148 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 06:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapo View Post

Hi, Tulli

Can you make a mod EDID to my AVR-590 and Dell U2410?
Thanks in advance

Nope. That's a broken 128-byte EDID capture. Read carefully section 3 from the link in my signature.

post #149 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:

Nope. That's a broken 128-byte EDID capture. Read carefully section 3 from the link in my signature.

Ok, the full 256 EDID AFAIK. I have no other PC or graphic card. Is there another tip to get the 3rd option "Non-decoded high definition audio to external device" in PowerDVD 9?
post #150 of 2707 Old 02-11-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethhobrin View Post

I just ordered an XFX 1GB 5770. I can let you guys know how it performs.

Great.
I have now moved on to focus on the 5750, & abandoned the 5770 altogether.
The 5770 is larger, temps can be an issue, it usually is noisier & If you are getting it for HTPC usage, sadly it just offers zero benefits.

there are only two cards I would consider: 4770 & 5750.
If your need for it's features outweighs the 5XXX series problems, then get a 5750.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page