EDID Overrides to solve bitstreaming issues for ATI 5xxx's - Page 142 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #4231 of 4232 Old Today, 01:56 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0

Hi Tulli , thanks for your overwhelming generosity with regard to this thread and the AVS community. Im way out of my depth here but I was wondering if there was anything to try in the situation when a TV has a missing EDID?? The EEPROM cant be re-flashed according to the locally approved sony tech guy. Neither moninfo, the AVR, DVD player, nor the graphics card directly, can see the TV at all anymore. (So could not seem to install the override .inf you kindly linked for that TV.) All the HDMI ports still function though with a phone-to-TV screen cast dongle. Specs...
Win 7
NVidia GTX 750 Ti
Sony KDL-46z5500 TV
Onkyo TX-SR309 AVR
If someone could possibly send me a copy of a functional and appropriate Win 7 registry 'display' folder running an override, could i simply paste that into the registry and get vision again ? With kind regards Lachy
Sponsored Links
post #4232 of 4232 Old Today, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Try the attached EDID override. It should solve the problem for the HTPC. For the other devices going through the AVR a Gefen HDMI detective or DR HDMI to be put between the TV and the AVR using a pre-programmed EDID should work. However it'a $100 bet.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sony x900 + HDAudio.zip (1.3 KB, 0 views)

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Sponsored Links
Reply Home Theater Computers