EDID Overrides to solve bitstreaming issues for ATI 5xxx's - Page 143 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

post #4261 of 4272 Old 11-24-2015, 01:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post
AFAIK full audio will work only with the built-in Bluray player, not over the HDMI-in connection (hence the lack of support for HD audio formats in the native EDID detected on the PC).
Attached is the table of the LG LHB755W HDMI spec.

I think if the Source on the left column here refer strictly to the built-in Bluray player, then you're probably right.

I was interpreting this "Source" to be either one of its 2 HDMI inputs, but maybe I'm wrong. If the native EDID detected on the PC doesn't show any of these options as seen on the spec, then you're probably right that the "Source" here is just the Bluray player.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LG LHB755W HDMI spec.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	1076818  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4262 of 4272 Old 11-24-2015, 04:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volusiano View Post
The spec for the LG LHB755W manual shows support for 5.1 and 7.1 LPCM (page 70 of the Appendix), so I wouldn't discount it yet.

I think you should tinker around with the PC's audio settings some more to make sure that you have 5.1 LPCM set in your Sound Control Panel's configuration setting, and that your video app is outputting 5.1 and not stereo, and that your content indeed does have 5.1 audio for sure.
I discovered that through the optical output of the PC and a patch for realtek HD, I get a Dolby digital live 5.1, however in certain applications that support it. My LG LHB755W shows the display "DD3:2/0.1" when the input is optical TOSLINK: it is something good to get around the limit. As far as the uncompressed PCM 5.1 surround sound it is only output mode. It is a limitation of the device driver LG
The suggestion to use an AVR professional is not so bad.
post #4263 of 4272 Old 12-08-2015, 06:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Newby to Override

I have a vizio E60-C3 LED tv, just got it and I'm having the trouble with the override. I tried using the MOD below.

Vizio SV420m - DENON 590Vizio LCD + DENON AVR.

When installed, the video looses sync, TV says resolution not supported. Trying the Samsung LN-S4095D - DENON AVR988 next. Below is the Monoinf report. If a custom override is not needed, can someone point me in the right direction?

Monoinfo report attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt moninfo.txt (7.7 KB, 8 views)
post #4264 of 4272 Old 12-08-2015, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Why the connection through the TV? No HDMI on the Denon?

What is your graphic adapter and OS? (An Intel adapter won't accept EDID overrides)

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
post #4265 of 4272 Old 12-08-2015, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post
Why the connection through the TV? No HDMI on the Denon?

What is your graphic adapter and OS? (An Intel adapter won't accept EDID overrides)
Let me explain my setup. It's not a denon, just tried that driver beacuse it was listed to work with most brands. I have a Vizio TV with a Vizio 5.1 sound bar setup. HDMI from a Geforce 210 to the TV. Optical audio out of the tv to the bar system. Windows audio control says 2 channel only when detecting my Tv. So my tv is the switch for the sound system.

I did get the override to work with the Vizio inf in the list sometimes, but the video still goes out randomly, then will come back.

Geforce 210, Win 7 64bit
post #4266 of 4272 Old 12-08-2015, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

According to the real-time EDID of the Vizio there's already the capability of multichannel AC3 enabled. No need of overriding the EDID.

2 channels LPCM is the maximun bandwidth over the TV for uncompressed audio. Nothing to do about it.

post #4267 of 4272 Old 12-08-2015, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtboyd View Post
Let me explain my setup. It's not a denon, just tried that driver beacuse it was listed to work with most brands. I have a Vizio TV with a Vizio 5.1 sound bar setup. HDMI from a Geforce 210 to the TV. Optical audio out of the tv to the bar system. Windows audio control says 2 channel only when detecting my Tv. So my tv is the switch for the sound system.

I did get the override to work with the Vizio inf in the list sometimes, but the video still goes out randomly, then will come back.

Geforce 210, Win 7 64bit
When you said you got the override to work with the Vizio sometimes, are you saying that your Geforce can see 5.1 channel options in the Windows audio control panel? And you're able to get DD or DTS through the TV to the Vizio sound bar? Only that your video goes in and out randomly?
post #4268 of 4272 Old 12-30-2015, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question

Hi,

Thank for this thread. Throughout my Win7 time it helped get the right digital output from my PC.
Now upgraded to Win10, the same inf files do not work, as Device manager says they need to be signed. Is there a solution?
post #4269 of 4272 Old 12-30-2015, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Disable digital signature verification and then install the EDID override.

post #4270 of 4272 Old 01-02-2016, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Happy new year...

Recently I finally changed the LG home theater with a decent AVR, the Yamaha rx v479.

Now when I connect HDMI directly to the AVR, the PC operates in PCM 5.1.

Unfortunately, however, if I connect to the PC to HDMI TV to the AVR via HDMI ARC, the PC returns to work only in 2.0.
The TV is a Panasonic 2011, TX-P50ST30.

Thanks a lot.
Attached Files
File Type: txt moninfo.txt (8.2 KB, 7 views)
post #4271 of 4272 Old 01-09-2016, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
EDID Override

HI Tulli about 7 years ago you provided me with EDID override filefor a Denon AVR 3808/ Pioneer Kuro plasma system. which has worked fantastically ever since.

My Denon has failed, and is not repairable, and I am about to commit to an Integra DTR 30.7 ( Pioneers Plasma still going strong). Do you have any experience with Integra models? I could not see Integra in your list of prior solutions so maybe thisd infers Integra AVR's do not require EDID overrides??

Please let me know your thoughts.

I would like to know a solution ( if needed), can be provided before I commit to buying the Integra

Thanks

Greg
post #4272 of 4272 Old 01-10-2016, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

You can use the same EDID override if needed. It will work with the Integra or any other AVR as the video part is the same for EDID detection.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page