EDID Overrides to solve bitstreaming issues for ATI 5xxx's - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #541 of 4009 Old 03-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Newbie
 
sunzeros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

That's only the base block (first 128 bytes) of the Sony EDID going through the Onkyo. If the Onkyo is repeating it then no problems, and it looks fine to me.

Tell me if it works and the exact model of the SONY XBR46 to add it to the list.

Here's the mod ...

Unusual thanks

May let POWERDVD present the third option in HDMI

But as if can only in broadcast when BD appears

After broadcasting BD, PWDVD automatically will jump out, will be strange

^^
sunzeros is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #542 of 4009 Old 03-09-2010, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmoo View Post

Sorry to bother you, about to install a 5450. I will attempt to bitstream without an override first, but knowing my luck. Could you advise the most likely to work EDID file for the kit below?

This one? 'Mits HD1000U - DENON 3808' or 'Samsung LN-S4095D - DENON AVR988'

Sapphire 5450
Denon AVR 1909
Mitsubishi HC5500 Projector

Many thanks.

The first one as the second one is for a LCD TV. If you have video issues just post the HC5500 EDID and I'll do the mod.

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #543 of 4009 Old 03-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Newbie
 
mrmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just a quick question, when pulling off the real time EDID data with Moninfo does it have to be with the HD5450 graphics card or can any card/laptop be used initially?
mrmoo is offline  
post #544 of 4009 Old 03-09-2010, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmoo View Post

Just a quick question, when pulling off the real time EDID with Moninfo does it have to be with the HD5450 graphics card or can any card/laptop be used?

Any card/laptop will do.

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #545 of 4009 Old 03-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Newbie
 
mrmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks that's great, for very daft reasons on a fixed install I can't get the HTPC near the HDMI cable that feeds the amp. Been mucking around for a few hours and I'm getting nowhere with the generic EDID's. Here are the amp and projector inf files from my laptop HDMI, really appreciate your help mate.

 

HC5500.zip 2.3525390625k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip HC5500.zip (2.4 KB, 2 views)
mrmoo is offline  
post #546 of 4009 Old 03-09-2010, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmoo View Post
Thanks that's great, for very daft reasons on a fixed install I can't get the HTPC near the HDMI cable that feeds the amp. Been mucking around for a few hours and I'm getting nowhere with the generic EDID's. Here are the amp and projector inf files from my laptop HDMI, really appreciate your help mate.
Your mod ...

 

Mits HC5500 - DENON 1909.zip 1.2275390625k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mits HC5500 - DENON 1909.zip (1.2 KB, 1 views)

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #547 of 4009 Old 03-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Newbie
 
mrmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks once again, much appreciated.
mrmoo is offline  
post #548 of 4009 Old 03-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Senior Member
 
fujmeistr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Huntington Beach, CA, USA
Posts: 472
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just finished installing an ATI 5570 and tested it for bitstreaming. I have NOT installed any overrides and I am able to bitstream both DTS-HD MA and TrueHD on an Onkyo TX-SR805 using TMT3 .170 and the latest MPC-HC/ffdshow (Catalyst 10.2 with the included ATI HDMI driver, Windows 7 32bit).

Do some 805's not require an override? Mine sure doesn't seem to need it.

The only unexpected finding is in Control Panel\\Appearance and Personalization\\Display\\Screen Resolution: It shows that my monitor is the TX-SR805 which is the receiver and not my display device, a Pioneer PDP-6020FD, which I would have expected. Not sure if that is typical or the norm.

I downloaded the Pioneer PDP-6020FD - DENON 990 override but it appears I may not have a need for it?
fujmeistr is offline  
post #549 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 12:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Andy o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
If you're getting bitstreaming of TrueHD and DTS-HD then you're good to go. The name thing is also normal.
Andy o is offline  
post #550 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 03:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by fujmeistr View Post

Just finished installing an ATI 5570 and tested it for bitstreaming. I have NOT installed any overrides and I am able to bitstream both DTS-HD MA and TrueHD on an Onkyo TX-SR805 using TMT3 .170 and the latest MPC-HC/ffdshow (Catalyst 10.2 with the included ATI HDMI driver, Windows 7 32bit).

Do some 805's not require an override? Mine sure doesn't seem to need it.

The only unexpected finding is in Control Panel\\Appearance and Personalization\\Display\\Screen Resolution: It shows that my monitor is the TX-SR805 which is the receiver and not my display device, a Pioneer PDP-6020FD, which I would have expected. Not sure if that is typical or the norm.

I downloaded the Pioneer PDP-6020FD - DENON 990 override but it appears I may not have a need for it?

Of 3 805 EDID instances in my DB one is fine, so really some 805s, like yours, are good.

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #551 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 04:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
trailergod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: germany
Posts: 1,459
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
for MPC bitstream playback... i just want to confirm that the lastest version of matroska is no good right ?

i had to re-do my HTPC and i can't find the right version that works with MPC, HD bitstream...

btw Denon 2809 plus Sanyo Z3000 works fine with the Override....
trailergod is offline  
post #552 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailergod View Post

for MPC bitstream playback... i just want to confirm that the lastest version of matroska is no good right ?

i had to re-do my HTPC and i can't find the right version that works with MPC, HD bitstream...

btw Denon 2809 plus Sanyo Z3000 works fine with the Override....

For me, any version has worked without issues as long as I use Albain's builds from sourceforge.net.

Haven't tried latest MPC HC version though. Right now I'm using mpc-homecinema.1.3.1613.0.x64 + ffdshow_rev3251_20100131_dbt_ without issues.

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #553 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Newbie
 
Jotaro88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
SONY VW60 project

denon avr2808

Please help me

thanks tulli~

 

VW60&2808.zip 2.318359375k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip VW60&2808.zip (2.3 KB, 0 views)
Jotaro88 is offline  
post #554 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotaro88 View Post
SONY VW60 project

denon avr2808

Please help me

thanks tulli~
Your mod ...

BTW this is the first DENON EDID that I ckeck in which BOTH DTS HD & TrueHD decriiptors are flawed!

 

Sony VPL-VW60 - DENON 2808.zip 1.2294921875k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sony VPL-VW60 - DENON 2808.zip (1.2 KB, 0 views)

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #555 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SamuriHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,743
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Tulli, when you get a minute, can you look at the last couple of posts in this thread?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post18285761

It's EDID related. Thanks!
SamuriHL is offline  
post #556 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 09:46 AM
Newbie
 
Jotaro88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Your mod ...

BTW this is the first DENON EDID that I ckeck in which BOTH DTS HD & TrueHD decriiptors are flawed!


Thank you very much
I will try it late
Jotaro88 is offline  
post #557 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Senior Member
 
flyguyjake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Tulli,

Can you please compare these two EDID's.

With your mod Samsung HL67A750 - Denon 4308 I can only get TrueHD, however with an Onkyo-906 mod I get both TrueHD & DTS-HD.

So here's my current issue.

Can you fix the Samsung HL67A750 - Denon 4308 to include DTS-HD & 12-Bit color. I'm only getting 10-Bit currently. With my PS3 I get 12-Bit.
With the Onkyo-906 I only get 8-Bit.

Can you please compare them and determine the problem?

I really appreciate it Tulli!
Jake

 

EDID.zip 2.0419921875k . file

flyguyjake is offline  
post #558 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguyjake View Post
Tulli,

Can you please compare these two EDID's.

With your mod Samsung HL67A750 - Denon 4308 I can only get TrueHD, however with an Onkyo-906 mod I get both TrueHD & DTS-HD.

So here's my current issue.

Can you fix the Samsung HL67A750 - Denon 4308 to include DTS-HD & 12-Bit color. I'm only getting 10-Bit currently. With my PS3 I get 12-Bit.
With the Onkyo-906 I only get 8-Bit.

Can you please compare them and determine the problem?

I really appreciate it Tulli!
Jake
Fixed! The 4308 had the DTS HD descriptor flawed too.

12-bit color is set in the EDID so it must be a driver problem. This could be in fact an instance of an EDID parsing bug by ATI, as the 12-bit-per-channel deep color bit is in fact in the Extended Block.

 

Samsung HL67A750 - DENON 4308.zip 1.205078125k . file

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #559 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Senior Member
 
flyguyjake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
It seems however that the EDID does make a difference as the Onkyo mod would only provide 8-bit and the current mod now 10-bit. What is different with these mods? Is it possible to specify 12-bit as default?

I previously had an Nvidia card in this rig and it pulled 12-bit.

Thoughts?

flyguyjake is offline  
post #560 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
thrang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 4,122
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Tulli

My AVP-A1 shows 8-bits coming from TMT3 for my Sony projector...is this correct?

Also, FYI: the updated EDID you posted for me on the other forum to try and fix the TrueHD issue with Reclock actually disabled me from choosing 23hz in Windows Monitor settings - it kept reverting to 24hz. I installed the original AVP-A1/VPL-VW-85 you did for me a few weeks ago, restarted, and was once again able to select and hold 23 hz.
thrang is offline  
post #561 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
AzN_plyR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 559
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you Tulli and everyone else who helped. I tried both the Sharp + Denon combo and they give me static all over my screen ( LC-40E77UN + Denon 1910 + HD5870 ). Then I tried the Samsung + Denon AVR one and works terrific, got TrueHD working very nicely ( tested on my star trek BD )
AzN_plyR is offline  
post #562 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Andy o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
These cards aren't supposed to be able to do higher than 30-bit (10-bit) deep color.
Andy o is offline  
post #563 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguyjake View Post
It seems however that the EDID does make a difference as the Onkyo mod would only provide 8-bit and the current mod now 10-bit. What is different with these mods? Is it possible to specify 12-bit as default?

I previously had an Nvidia card in this rig and it pulled 12-bit.

Thoughts?
The Onkyo 906 EDID has no "Data Payload" byte as part of the VSDB (Vendor Specific Data Block) where Deep Color depth is specified. So 8-bit is assumed I guess.

But the Samsung HL67A750 - DENON 4308 EDID does have it and it should work. What you mention about working with your Nvidia card would explain it as a problem with the ATI driver.

Anyway, just in case I'm missing something, can you please try the attached mod and see if it works. Please let me know.

 

Samsung HL67A750 - DENON 4308 (12-bit Deep Color).zip 1.244140625k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Samsung HL67A750 - DENON 4308 (12-bit Deep Color).zip (1.2 KB, 0 views)

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #564 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post

These cards aren't supposed to be able to do higher than 30-bit (10-bit) deep color.

Oh, thx Andy. So the EDID was fine indeed ...

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #565 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
Tulli

My AVP-A1 shows 8-bits coming from TMT3 for my Sony projector...is this correct?

Also, FYI: the updated EDID you posted for me on the other forum to try and fix the TrueHD issue with Reclock actually disabled me from choosing 23hz in Windows Monitor settings - it kept reverting to 24hz. I installed the original AVP-A1/VPL-VW-85 you did for me a few weeks ago, restarted, and was once again able to select and hold 23 hz.
Well, thrang, the VSDB in both mods I made for you is from the DENON, not the Sony projector, so it's WRONG!!!

I modfified the original mod that gives you 23hz. Just in case, follow uninstall procedure in section 5 of 1st. post to remove any registry leftovers from previous overrides.

Use the mod attached ...

 

Sony VPL-VW85 - DENON AVPA1 (last version).zip 1.2607421875k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sony VPL-VW85 - DENON AVPA1 (last version).zip (1.3 KB, 0 views)

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #566 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotaro88 View Post
Thank you very much
I will try it late
Sorry but don't use the previous mod as it has a wrong VSDB that can affect deep color. Use the mod attached here instead.

 

Sony VPL-VW60 - DENON 2808.zip 1.2294921875k . file

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #567 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Senior Member
 
flyguyjake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post

These cards aren't supposed to be able to do higher than 30-bit (10-bit) deep color.

Hi Andy,

I've tried to find this specific specification even at Sapphire's website but I cannot. How do you know that my card only supports 10-bit color?

Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770

Thanks,
Jake

flyguyjake is offline  
post #568 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Senior Member
 
flyguyjake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

The Onkyo 906 EDID has no "Data Payload" byte as part of the VSDB (Vendor Specific Data Block) where Deep Color depth is specified. So 8-bit is assumed I guess.

But the Samsung HL67A750 - DENON 4308 EDID does have it and it should work. What you mention about working with your Nvidia card would explain it as a problem with the ATI driver.

Anyway, just in case I'm missing something, can you please try the attached mod and see if it works. Please let me know.

Hi Tulli,

I've tried this mod with the same results. Still only 10-bit. I've emailed Sapphire to inquire as to their specifications for my card since it isn't noted on their website. I will post back their reply.

But your last mod did indeed fix the DTS-HD MSTR audio! Thanks a million for that!

As I stated previously I had an Nvidia card prior to my current HD5770 with an ASUS Xonar HD Slim installed. The Xonar drivers were preventing TMT3 .170 from bitstreaming. Once I removed the Xonar drivers everything worked.

flyguyjake is offline  
post #569 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
AzN_plyR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 559
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hmmmm I can't seem to get DTS-HD or TrueHD to work with ffdshow + mpc-hc, but TotalMedia works great when I mount the iso.

Could this be because I am using the samsung + denon avr mod or is this just on my end and I am configuring something wrong with ffdshow + mpc-hc?
AzN_plyR is offline  
post #570 of 4009 Old 03-10-2010, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
vladd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 5,465
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I thought Windows 7 only supported 10 bit (30 bit) and 16 bit (48 bit) color: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windo...rt-98741.shtml

Quote:
The Redmond company has taken Windows 7 beyond 8-bit per channel sRGB and to 10-bit per channel sRGB (high precision); 10-bit per channel xRGB (extended range) and 16-bit per channel scRGB (high precision and wide gamut). In Windows 7 this is valid for the Windows Imaging Component (WIC) and the Windows color system (WCS). Of course, Direct 3D also supports rendering values of 10 bit, 10 bit XR and 16 bit per channel.

vladd is offline  
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off