EDID Overrides to solve bitstreaming issues for ATI 5xxx's - Page 22 - AVS Forum
First ... 20  21  22 23  24  ... Last
Home Theater Computers > EDID Overrides to solve bitstreaming issues for ATI 5xxx's
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 01:52 PM 03-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneonefive View Post

Tulli, thanks a lot for your reply. After a lot of install/uninstall, I now see that while playing a blu ray, power dvd has a third option that deals with sending uncompressed audio to AVR.

When you say EDID override, you mean creating a .inf file using moninfo and using it as my display driver, right? I have tried that and as soon as pc sees the splitter the windows speaker config changes to stero and no HD audio after that. According to this old thread http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archi...t-1181876.html there is a service by ATI that can be disabled to fix this issue, however, I am not seeing it anywhere. I am going to start disabling all audio related services to see if I can figure it out, unless someone has a better idea.

You should apply the override after detection of the splitter (EDID) and then reboot.

The service you're looking for is called "AMD External Events Utility".

moooog's Avatar moooog 02:01 PM 03-15-2010
I have a Denon 4308ci , a HTPC with ATI5670 using latest version of Total Media Theater Platinum, and a Epson 8500UB projector. I can get bitstreaming on DTS-MA from Blu-Ray, but no Dolby Tru-HD. I cannot get any bitstreaming from standard dvd on the HTPC. My Denon 4308ci shows up as a "monitor" in my HTPC. I have not read most of the thread so far, and only have time to post my info. right now.
John M Miller's Avatar John M Miller 02:09 PM 03-15-2010
I'm not sure if this is relevant to this thread or not, but I'm having all sorts of problems with my Gigabyte H55M-S2H and Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver.

First, I cannot get audio to output via HDMI. I have installed the Intel Audio update (2086), which I know was causing some problems with ASRock mobos. I right-clicked on volume and went into "Playback devices". In there I see a device labelled "TX-SR805" which is my Onkyo receiver. This is set to "Enabled". It shows that the HTPC is trying to output audio (volume meter). Under "Jack information" it says "HDMI Digital Jack". Does this EDID thread fix these types of issues? Anything else I should do? I've been struggling with this for awhile.

Also I have problems on system restarts even getting a picture from my receiver. Once the HTPC starts up I have to switch over to another device and then back to the HTPC. Any advice on that? I've been spinning my wheels for days about this.
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 02:10 PM 03-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by moooog View Post

I have a Denon 4308ci , a HTPC with ATI5670 using latest version of Total Media Theater Platinum, and a Epson 8500UB projector. I can get bitstreaming on DTS-MA from Blu-Ray, but no Dolby Tru-HD. I cannot get any bitstreaming from standard dvd on the HTPC. My Denon 4308ci shows up as a "monitor" in my HTPC. I have not read most of the thread so far, and only have time to post my info. right now.

Post both EDIDs (Projector & AVR) so that I make the mod ...
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 02:14 PM 03-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by John M Miller View Post

I'm not sure if this is relevant to this thread or not, but I'm having all sorts of problems with my Gigabyte H55M-S2H and Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver.

First, I cannot get audio to output via HDMI. I have installed the Intel Audio update (2086), which I know was causing some problems with ASRock mobos. I right-clicked on volume and went into "Playback devices". In there I see a device labelled "TX-SR805" which is my Onkyo receiver. This is set to "Enabled". It shows that the HTPC is trying to output audio (volume meter). Under "Jack information" it says "HDMI Digital Jack". Does this EDID thread fix these types of issues? Anything else I should do? I've been struggling with this for awhile.

Also I have problems on system restarts even getting a picture from my receiver. Once the HTPC starts up I have to switch over to another device and then back to the HTPC. Any advice on that? I've been spinning my wheels for days about this.

AFAIK Intel IGPs, including Clarkdale, cannot be EDID-overriden. Archibael or Wo0zy can help you there on the Clarkdale thread (if that's really an EDID issue at all).
oneonefive's Avatar oneonefive 03:03 PM 03-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Ah, yes!, the "enable gpu scaling" is known to give those issues. It's been even reported before in this thread. Whatever it means (I really have NO idea and have never used it before!) you certainly don't need it.

... will add it to the first post just in case I forget ...

Correction, it is compressed, therefore, powerdvd is sending audio untouced.
John M Miller's Avatar John M Miller 03:42 PM 03-15-2010
Thanks, Tulli.
oneonefive's Avatar oneonefive 03:43 PM 03-15-2010
Quote:

You should apply the override after detection of the splitter (EDID) and then reboot.

The service you're looking for is called "AMD External Events Utility".

Tulli, are you saying first connect HTPC to avr and create the .inf file, then split the signal to avr and tv, and install the monitor driver? BTW, stopping the AMD External Events Utility service had no effect on windows hdmi auto detection, maybe because I had the order wrong. Once you reply, I will restore my image and start over.
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 03:48 PM 03-15-2010
Quote:

Tulli, are you saying first connect HTPC to avr and create the .inf file, then split the signal to avr and tv, and install the monitor driver? BTW, stopping the AMD External Events Utility service had no effect on windows hdmi auto detection, maybe because I had the order wrong. Once you reply, I will restore my image and start over.

You can use the one you've already posted. So connect the AVR/TV to the splitter and the splitter to the ATI card. After detection override the EDID on the "GenericPnP monitor" associated to the splitter and reboot.

This is not guaranteed to work as the splitter might still only accept a 2-channel audio. In that case you'll have no choice but to remove the splitter from the hdmi chain and route the HTPC through the AVR to the TV. Of course you'll need no override then at all.
oneonefive's Avatar oneonefive 04:03 PM 03-15-2010
Tulli, that did not work. Now playing mkvs produce only static, and video is very very choppy. I really need the splitter as playing regular tv shows (noggin, cnn) through the receiver is overkill. Thanks again for all your help, if you have another idea at any time in the future, please let me know.
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 04:10 PM 03-15-2010
Quote:

Tulli, that did not work. Now playing mkvs produce only static, and video is very very choppy. I really need the splitter as playing regular tv shows (noggin, cnn) through the receiver is overkill. Thanks again for all your help, if you have another idea at any time in the future, please let me know.

OK, so how about having 2 connections from the ATI to the TV, one going through the AVR and the other directly to the TV? You'll need of course 2 free hdmi ports on the TV (and the HDMI and DVI ports on the ATI, plus a DVI->HDMI adapter that would connect to the TV).
oneonefive's Avatar oneonefive 04:28 PM 03-15-2010
That would work but then I have to run separate audio cable to the tv in addition to the DVI-HDMI, and use a mouse to change DVI vs HDMI. I know, I know, that is being picky, but I am shooting for gold first before I settle for bronze.
oneonefive's Avatar oneonefive 04:42 PM 03-15-2010
Quote:

Well, no. The DVI->HDMI adapter/cable will transport the 2-channel audio stream too so it's only one cable to the TV.

really, please point me to one of those. My ati card is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-339-_-Product
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 04:51 PM 03-15-2010
Quote:

really, please point me to one of those. My ati card is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-339-_-Product

You know, I can't find a DVI/HDMI adapter for the 5xxx's! So only solution that comes to my mind is to replace that HDMI splitter with an HDMI switcher. It "should" work as there's going to be only one active EDID at at time ... but I can't be sure 100%.
oneonefive's Avatar oneonefive 04:57 PM 03-15-2010
I do not see how the switch would work since I still need to run audio cable to the tv somehow, or am I just not seeing it?
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 05:01 PM 03-15-2010
Quote:

I do not see how the switch would work since I still need to run audio cable to the tv somehow, or am I just not seeing it?

Yeah you're right. Don't you have a 4xxx card around with a DVI/HDMI adapter to try?
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 05:06 PM 03-15-2010
Here's a DVI/HDMI adapter for the 5xxxs from HIS!
oneonefive's Avatar oneonefive 05:10 PM 03-15-2010
No leftover 4x card. I will see if I can pick this adapter up. Thanks again for all your help.
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 05:14 PM 03-15-2010
Just tested with a DVI/HDMI adapter from my 4670 and it requires a separate audio connection ... But maybe it works with a "true" adapter for the 5xxxs.
SenojNW's Avatar SenojNW 05:45 PM 03-15-2010
Tulli
Here's my inf files - I hope this is what you need. I created the files using Moninfo using what seemed to be the registry entry it was using at the time (as per my PM).

Thanks very much for your help.

TV & AVR EDIDs.zip 1.9599609375k . file
Attached: TV & AVR EDIDs.zip (2.0 KB) 
0majestic1's Avatar 0majestic1 05:50 PM 03-15-2010
Quote:

Here's your mod ...

Thank, Tulli.
This solved all my bitstream and handshaking problems. Much appreciated.

-0majestic1
SenojNW's Avatar SenojNW 05:56 PM 03-15-2010
Tulli
Here's the files using GetEDID just incase. I didn't retitle the files but the names in the zip file are correct.

Cheers

Panasonic THP50X10A & Denon AVR1909.zip 1.8125k . file
Attached: Panasonic THP50X10A & Denon AVR1909.zip (1.8 KB) 
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 06:13 PM 03-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenojNW View Post
Tulli
Here's the files using GetEDID just incase. I didn't retitle the files but the names in the zip file are correct.

Cheers
Ok here you are ...

EDIT:

Ouch! Just realized that the Speaker Allocation Block is missing in this mod so I fixed it. Please download again.

Panasonic THP50X10A - DENON 1909.zip 1.19140625k . file
Attached: Panasonic THP50X10A - DENON 1909.zip (1.2 KB) 
eallum's Avatar eallum 07:28 PM 03-15-2010
Hi Tulli,
I am having some handshake problems and unable to get TrueHD thru my HD5670 on a Sony KDS-R60XBR1 display and Sony STR-DA5300ES AV receiver.

Do i require a require an EDID override ?

I've attached the inf files for the display and receiver from moninfo.

Sony KDS-R60XBR1.zip 0.9931640625k . file

Sony STR-DA5300ES.zip 1.0009765625k . file
Attached: Sony STR-DA5300ES.zip (1.0 KB)  Sony KDS-R60XBR1.zip (1,017 Bytes) 
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 08:39 PM 03-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eallum View Post

Hi Tulli,
I am having some handshake problems and unable to get TrueHD thru my HD5670 on a Sony KDS-R60XBR1 display and Sony STR-DA5300ES AV receiver.

Do i require a require an EDID override ?

I've attached the inf files for the display and receiver from moninfo.

I guess so as the SONY STR DA2400ES is flawed. But those captures are 128-bytes, so either user latest moninfo version or getEDID to do the captures.

Did you try the SONY KDL40-X3500 - SONY STR DA2400ES mod? The Sony KDS-R70XBR2 - DENON AVR-2310 mod should really work fine for you.
SenojNW's Avatar SenojNW 08:43 PM 03-15-2010
Thanks very much Tulli - I'll test tonight and report back. Again - great job you are doing providing this service!
eallum's Avatar eallum 09:05 PM 03-15-2010
Quote:
I guess so as the SONY STR DA2400ES is flawed. But those captures are 128-bytes, so either user latest moninfo version or getEDID to do the captures.

Did you try the SONY KDL40-X3500 - SONY STR DA2400ES mod? The Sony KDS-R70XBR2 - DENON AVR-2310 mod should really work fine for you.
I made the captures with moninfo version 2.44.0.825 which i think is the latest. Not sure why it only captures 128 bytes though.

I'll try out the other sony mod you suggested also.

Here are the getedid captures attached.

Sony TV and Sony AVAMP.zip 1.39453125k . file
Attached: Sony TV and Sony AVAMP.zip (1.4 KB) 
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 09:27 PM 03-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eallum View Post
I made the captures with moninfo version 2.44.0.825 which i think is the latest. Not sure why it only captures 128 bytes though.

I'll try out the other sony mod you suggested also.

Here are the getedid captures attached.
OK, here's your mod anyway ...

Sony KDS-R60XBR1 - SONY STR-DA5300ES.zip 1.232421875k . file
Attached: Sony KDS-R60XBR1 - SONY STR-DA5300ES.zip (1.2 KB) 
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 09:45 PM 03-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenojNW View Post

Thanks very much Tulli - I'll test tonight and report back. Again - great job you are doing providing this service!

Please download the mod again from previous post as it had a problem. Sorry about that.
Ewingr's Avatar Ewingr 07:16 AM 03-16-2010
Quote:
If you want me to check, post the 3007 EDID so that to make sure that it's not an EDID issue.
The INFs are attached. I create the one per the instructions on the first post, for Realtime, and one for the Onkyo.

Again, this is related to my Onkyo TX-NR3007 which is not bitstreaming. Read earlier in this thread that the EDID is fine, but you indicated you would evaluate it.

Thanks so much. Let me know if you need anyting else.

INFs.zip 2.037109375k . file
Attached: INFs.zip (2.0 KB) 
First ... 20  21  22 23  24  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop