EDID Overrides to solve bitstreaming issues for ATI 5xxx's - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 4089 Old 02-17-2010, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
vladd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 5,469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Excellent analysis!

Now, does your 905 really have 2 HDMI-out? (just googled so I don't know). Are they both active simultaneously? If so you could put the splitter behind the Onkyo, then send HDMI1-out to the proj. and HDMI2-out to the splitter, and then of course from the splitter to the other HDMI display devices.

Yeah, that would be my recomendation too. PC->AVR->Splitter->Displays
vladd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 4089 Old 02-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Member
 
AmiraTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Everything I have read so far says there should be no issues with a Yamaha Receiver and a Panasonic Plasma, however I can't get HD bitstreaming to work. PDVD9 does not show me a "3rd" option which I'm guessing allows HD audio. Dolby Digital and DTS both bitstream fine, but no HD.

Any thoughts? Anything I am missing?

Win 7 32bit
HIS 5670 1GB IceQ
ATI 10.2 Drivers
RealTek Audio Driver
All defaults in HDMI audio configuration.
Yamaha RX-V765
Panasonic TC-P65V10

Thanks!
AmiraTech is offline  
post #63 of 4089 Old 02-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Newbie
 
gorges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tulli,

Would you be so kind as to create a custom inf file for my setup (ATI 4670 --> Arcam FMJ AVR600 --> Samsung LN40A550). I have tried the "generic" samsung + denon and samsung + onkyo files but they don't solve to be what seems to be an HDMI issue.

Specifically, when my computer is on but that the AVR and TV are off, I have to start TV first, wait until it has really started and then only start my AVR to get a picture. If I do the reverse (turn on the AVR before the TV) I get no picture and I have to switch my AVR to another source and then back to the computer HDMI source to get a picture.

I guess that it could also be a bug of the AVR but I thought I should make sure.

Here are the inf files of both devices:
Samsung LN40A550.inf
Arcam FMJ AVR600.inf

Be aware that your help and time are greatly appreciated by the entire community and myself especially in this case!
gorges is offline  
post #64 of 4089 Old 02-17-2010, 10:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
vladd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 5,469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Please zip all inf files and add them to your post as attachments rather than uploading them to sites that require 60 second waits in order to download them.
vladd is offline  
post #65 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 01:07 AM
Member
 
blackcell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiraTech View Post

Everything I have read so far says there should be no issues with a Yamaha Receiver and a Panasonic Plasma, however I can't get HD bitstreaming to work. PDVD9 does not show me a "3rd" option which I'm guessing allows HD audio. Dolby Digital and DTS both bitstream fine, but no HD.

Any thoughts? Anything I am missing?

Win 7 32bit
HIS 5670 1GB IceQ
ATI 10.2 Drivers
RealTek Audio Driver
All defaults in HDMI audio configuration.
Yamaha RX-V765
Panasonic TC-P65V10

Thanks!

Apparently PDVD9 has issues w/Realtek. Check this thread.
blackcell is online now  
post #66 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 01:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Andy o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
It doesn't look like klillevo is saying that PowerDVD 9 has a problem with the Realtek driver. He's just using it, and having a problem which might be unrelated. We would probably have heard more about it if that were the case, just like we know the Realtek drivers don't work with TMT3.

Of course, it's also worth it to test with both drivers.
Andy o is offline  
post #67 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 01:50 AM
Newbie
 
nholdcroft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Excellent analysis!

Now, does your 905 really have 2 HDMI-out? (just googled so I don't know). Are they both active simultaneously? If so you could put the splitter behind the Onkyo, then send HDMI1-out to the proj. and HDMI2-out to the splitter, and then of course from the splitter to the other HDMI display devices.

Good idea, but not really the way I want to go for a couple of reasons. I don't want the Onkyo on all the time (it sucks power) but only when I'm using the projector. Also, although it has 2 hdmi outputs they cannot output at the same time i.e. it's one or the other (but this option would probably work, with the hdmi splitter on the Onkyo output side).

I think my best bet is an hdmi splitter that passes the edid information correctly -- but they can be expensive and I don't want to spend that amount of cash without being sure that it works first (does anyone have one that passes the edid info correctly?). My alternative is to accept that I have to have an Xbox 360 extender on all the time I'm watching normal TV and run a splitter of of that for my TV's and keep the direct connection from the htpc purely for the Onkyo and JVC.

Thanks again.
nholdcroft is offline  
post #68 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,246
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by qthai99 View Post

Hi Tulli,

Can you help me with EDID for the Pioneer PDP-6020FD and Marantz SR8001 combo. I didn't anything similar on your list. Thanks.

Attachment 167453

Again, 128-byte captures (only Base block, no Extension block). Read carefully section 3 on OP.

Anyway the Pioneer Plasma TV - DENON mod available should work fine for you.

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #69 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,246
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiraTech View Post

Everything I have read so far says there should be no issues with a Yamaha Receiver and a Panasonic Plasma, however I can't get HD bitstreaming to work. PDVD9 does not show me a "3rd" option which I'm guessing allows HD audio. Dolby Digital and DTS both bitstream fine, but no HD.

Any thoughts? Anything I am missing?

Win 7 32bit
HIS 5670 1GB IceQ
ATI 10.2 Drivers
RealTek Audio Driver
All defaults in HDMI audio configuration.
Yamaha RX-V765
Panasonic TC-P65V10

Thanks!

Should be an install issue, really. A quick test would be to install MPC-HC and test DTS HD, which should work with no issues. Then try a TrueHD sample, which should work on your Yamaha. (Look for dbone1026 blogs links in his sig. where a quickguide to set up MPC-HC is very well written up).

If you get DTS HD or TrueHD on MPC then of course problem is exclusive to PDVD9. But if you don't even get bitstreaming on MPC-HC there's a deeper issue with your system that might require uninstall/clean-up/install of drivers, software or even the OS.

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #70 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,246
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorges View Post
Tulli,

Would you be so kind as to create a custom inf file for my setup (ATI 4670 --> Arcam FMJ AVR600 --> Samsung LN40A550). I have tried the "generic" samsung + denon and samsung + onkyo files but they don't solve to be what seems to be an HDMI issue.

Specifically, when my computer is on but that the AVR and TV are off, I have to start TV first, wait until it has really started and then only start my AVR to get a picture. If I do the reverse (turn on the AVR before the TV) I get no picture and I have to switch my AVR to another source and then back to the computer HDMI source to get a picture.

I guess that it could also be a bug of the AVR but I thought I should make sure.

Here are the inf files of both devices:
Samsung LN40A550.inf
Arcam FMJ AVR600.inf

Be aware that your help and time are greatly appreciated by the entire community and myself especially in this case!
Here's your mod.

Please note that I didn't modify the Arcam audio block in the mod attached to this post, but did it for the one included in the OP list, which is relevant for 5xxx users with a similar display device / AVR combination.

Anyway, non-5xxx EDID mod requests should be posted on the EDID Override Thread. I'll be happy to help anybody there as well.

Cheers.

 

Samsung_LN40A550 - Arcam_FMJ_AVR600.zip 1.1845703125k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Samsung_LN40A550 - Arcam_FMJ_AVR600.zip (1.2 KB, 23 views)

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #71 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 07:48 AM
Newbie
 
angy26730's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post
Those are 128-byte captures. Please keep in mind that the full 256-byte EDID cannot be captured on a 5xxx card.

What exactly are your issues with the mod you applied?
I do not obtain bitstreaming, and only me the option of screen appears to 1080@30hz, I have obtained the full 256-byte EDID, use TMT 3.0.170 beta, PowerDVD 9.0.2528 and MPC-HC (NOTE:REPRODUCTION FROM HARD DISC)

Win 7 64bit
Sapphire 5770 1GB Vapor-x
ATI 10.2 Drivers
ATI hdmi Audio Driver
7.1 HDMI audio configuration.
SONY STR-DG820
SONY 40W2000

 

SONY 40W2000-SONY STR-DG820.zip 2.365234375k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip SONY 40W2000-SONY STR-DG820.zip (2.4 KB, 16 views)
angy26730 is offline  
post #72 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Member
 
andye39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just thought I should update this thread in case someone else has a similar setup and run into the same problem I did. My setup is ATI 5850 to Denon AVR-889 receiver to Sony KDL-46Z4100 monitor, Catalyst 10.1 driver including the included HDMI driver. Out of the box DTS-HD bitstreams just fine with TMT .170 patch, but TrueHD gives no sound at all (receiver receives no signal).

So I went with the EDID closest to my setup, which is Sony 52W5500 - DENON AVR1910. No joy, still no sound with TrueHD tracks. I wasn't going to force the issue and wait until ATI, Arcsoft et al sort it out. One last tried I went with the (*) Samsung LN-S4095D - DENON AVR988 version. Now everything works.

Thanks Tulli for all your work. Although it really sounds no different to me, at least those pretty logos on the receiver are all lit now - feeling like after more than a year with this receiver the purchase is finally justified
andye39 is offline  
post #73 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,246
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by angy26730 View Post

I do not obtain bitstreaming, and only me the option of screen appears to 1080@30hz, I have obtained the full 256-byte EDID, use TMT 3.0.170 beta, PowerDVD 9.0.2528 and MPC-HC (NOTE:REPRODUCTION FROM HARD DISC)

Win 7 64bit
Sapphire 5770 1GB Vapor-x
ATI 10.2 Drivers
ATI hdmi Audio Driver
7.1 HDMI audio configuration.
SONY STR-DG820
SONY 40W2000

Ok, I´ll do the mods when I get home later, but:

1. Are you playing back from ISOs? PDVD9 won´t work otherwise. If using MKVs please uninstall the Haali Splitter if applicable, at least until you can bitstream.

2. MPC-HC should give you bitstreaming of DTS HD, with or without the override. If that´s not happening you have another issue to troubleshoot. This applies to TMT3 .170 too.

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #74 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,246
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by andye39 View Post

Just thought I should update this thread in case someone else has a similar setup and run into the same problem I did. My setup is ATI 5850 to Denon AVR-889 receiver to Sony KDL-46Z4100 monitor, Catalyst 10.1 driver including the included HDMI driver. Out of the box DTS-HD bitstreams just fine with TMT .170 patch, but TrueHD gives no sound at all (receiver receives no signal).

So I went with the EDID closest to my setup, which is Sony 52W5500 - DENON AVR1910. No joy, still no sound with TrueHD tracks. I wasn't going to force the issue and wait until ATI, Arcsoft et al sort it out. One last tried I went with the (*) Samsung LN-S4095D - DENON AVR988 version. Now everything works.

Thanks Tulli for all your work. Although it really sounds no different to me, at least those pretty logos on the receiver are all lit now - feeling like after more than a year with this receiver the purchase is finally justified

Checked the Sony 52W5500 - DENON AVR1910 mod and found that the audio block was not modded at all! This is why it didn´t work for you. I have corrected it on the OP, so you may want to try it for your specific setup, as it will give you best results on your Sony.

Thanks a lot for leading me to find this error.

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #75 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Newbie
 
gorges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Here's your mod.

Please note that I didn't modify the Arcam audio block in the mod attached to this post, but did it for the one included in the OP list, which is relevant for 5xxx users with a similar display device / AVR combination.

Anyway, non-5xxx EDID mod requests should be posted on the EDID Override Thread. I'll be happy to help anybody there as well.

Cheers.

Terrific, thank you so much. I will test tonight and report back.
gorges is offline  
post #76 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Member
 
trainfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an Onkyo 705 to a Samsung LN52B750 with Windows 7 64bit and a 5770 card.
Cannot get bitstreaming to work with tmt3 .170 (but can with a asus slim card)

is their an overide for my setup? Thanks
trainfan is offline  
post #77 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Member
 
andye39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Checked the Sony 52W5500 - DENON AVR1910 mod and found that the audio block was not modded at all! This is why it didn´t work for you. I have corrected it on the OP, so you may want to try it for your specific setup, as it will give you best results on your Sony.

Thanks a lot for leading me to find this error.

I'm not sure if this is caused by the EDID override (I have not opened Media Center until after I applied the EDID), and it is behaving the exact say way on my i5 650/H55M setup without any kind of EDID mods.

With speakers set to 5.1 in Windows control panel, playing a DVD in MC gives no sound at all. To get around that, I'd have to choose "stereo" in control panel, then playing a DVD in MC will output Dolby Digital properly. It is the same exact behavior on the Clarkdale box.

I'll see if removing the EDID will make a difference. If not, I rarely use MC or watch DVD anyway so I'll just leave it at 5.1 so that my games will sound good.

BTW this is Windows 7 U x64.
andye39 is offline  
post #78 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,246
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainfan View Post

I have an Onkyo 705 to a Samsung LN52B750 with Windows 7 64bit and a 5770 card.
Cannot get bitstreaming to work with tmt3 .170 (but can with a asus slim card)

is their an overide for my setup? Thanks

Yes, look for a Samsung LCD + ONKYO AVR mod ... the one with a (*) should work.

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #79 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Member
 
bdiddy73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Tulli,
My understanding with the NR906 was that it didn't need your override driver. Well I've found a trueHD track that seems to make it go silent. Do you have a copy of The Matrix to run some tests?
I'm playing from m2ts container with the trueHD track ripped but untouched. TS, MKV - same thing. The Onkyo shows "Stereo" but no sound.
My components:

Windows 7 x64
XFX ATI 5770
mpc-hc x86 svn 1659
ffdshow x86 & x64 svn 3268
Sony Bravia-4 46"

Weird thing is all my other trueHD tracks worked fine. The Matrix is the first.
bdiddy73 is offline  
post #80 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 12:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
dbone1026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 11,337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiddy73 View Post

Hi Tulli,
My understanding with the NR906 was that it didn't need your override driver. Well I've found a trueHD track that seems to make it go silent. Do you have a copy of The Matrix to run some tests?
I'm playing from m2ts container with the trueHD track ripped but untouched. TS, MKV - same thing. The Onkyo shows "Stereo" but no sound.
My components:

Windows 7 x64
XFX ATI 5770
mpc-hc x86 svn 1659
ffdshow x86 & x64 svn 3268
Sony Bravia-4 46"

Weird thing is all my other trueHD tracks worked fine. The Matrix is the first.

You need the EDID override for the Onkyo 906 (I had to use for mine). It is one of the EDID overrides listed on the first page of this thread (has a * next to it).

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

dbone1026 is offline  
post #81 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,246
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by angy26730 View Post
I do not obtain bitstreaming, and only me the option of screen appears to 1080@30hz, I have obtained the full 256-byte EDID, use TMT 3.0.170 beta, PowerDVD 9.0.2528 and MPC-HC (NOTE:REPRODUCTION FROM HARD DISC)

Win 7 64bit
Sapphire 5770 1GB Vapor-x
ATI 10.2 Drivers
ATI hdmi Audio Driver
7.1 HDMI audio configuration.
SONY STR-DG820
SONY 40W2000
Your mod.

 

Sony 40W2000 - SONY STR-DG820.zip 1.2314453125k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sony 40W2000 - SONY STR-DG820.zip (1.2 KB, 35 views)

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #82 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Member
 
AmiraTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post

It doesn't look like klillevo is saying that PowerDVD 9 has a problem with the Realtek driver. He's just using it, and having a problem which might be unrelated. We would probably have heard more about it if that were the case, just like we know the Realtek drivers don't work with TMT3.

Of course, it's also worth it to test with both drivers.

I have indeed tried both drivers. The ATI drivers do not work with Win 7 MCE HD recordings. Attempting to watch any HD recording gives audio stutter and then video decoder errors.

Thank god I bought a Panasonic Blu-ray player with the TV!
AmiraTech is offline  
post #83 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Newbie
 
angy26730's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It goes perfectly, everything works, thank you very much Tulli, you are a god
angy26730 is offline  
post #84 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
vladd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 5,469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Just a heads up: EnTech is full of crap about not being able to read the 256 byte realtime EDID due to a driver issue. I can successfully read the full 256 byte realtime EDID on my 5760. I'm working on implementing it into my EDID Editor that people can capture the full string to post.
vladd is offline  
post #85 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Member
 
wasaland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Tulli,

somebody recommended me to this thread, more specifically ask for your help =)
currently I have a HTPC with an asus motherboard with ATI4200 onboard. I tried connecting this via HDMI to my pioneer elite 23txh receiver, then the receiver is connected to my sammy ln46b750. With this connection I cannot see anything showing in the sammy, but when I connect the HTPC directly to the sammy it works perfect. can you or somebody help me?

Thanks in advanced
wasaland is offline  
post #86 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,246
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

Just a heads up: EnTech is full of crap about not being able to read the 256 byte realtime EDID due to a driver issue. I can successfully read the full 256 byte realtime EDID on my 5760. I'm working on implementing it into my EDID Editor that people can capture the full string to post.

Absolutely great, vladd! Your program is already a killer application that should be added to the sticky, and without which these mods would definitely not be possible at all. Of every "thank you" I get from this work 50%, at least, is truly yours!

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #87 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,246
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasaland View Post

Hi Tulli,

somebody recommended me to this thread, more specifically ask for your help =)
currently I have a HTPC with an asus motherboard with ATI4200 onboard. I tried connecting this via HDMI to my pioneer elite 23txh receiver, then the receiver is connected to my sammy ln46b750. With this connection I cannot see anything showing in the sammy, but when I connect the HTPC directly to the sammy it works perfect. can you or somebody help me?

Thanks in advanced

That's a question more for the EDID Override Thread but here we go.

Yes it looks like an EDID issue. Post both 256-byte EDID (follow section 3 from the OP) and I'll do a modded EDID for your setup. You would NEVER see the BIOS screen anyway, but when the override kicks in the Windows logon screen should show up.

Another solution would be of course to buy (~$100) a Gefen HDMI Detective Plus.

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
post #88 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 04:24 PM
 
cybrsage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 8,074
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

Just a heads up: EnTech is full of crap about not being able to read the 256 byte realtime EDID due to a driver issue. I can successfully read the full 256 byte realtime EDID on my 5760. I'm working on implementing it into my EDID Editor that people can capture the full string to post.

You are THE MAN!!!

Or maybe the Vampire...not sure due to your name...
cybrsage is offline  
post #89 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Member
 
Kasper-pA-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tulli,

I tried the samsung/denon combo but no DTSHD or TrueHD, so I grabbed my inf files, any chance to get these modded?

Samsung PN50A550
Harmon Kardon AVR254
ATI 5770
Cat 10.2
Realtek 2.42


Cheers,

Kasp

 

HK-AVR254-SAMSUNG-PN50A550.zip 2.2685546875k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip HK-AVR254-SAMSUNG-PN50A550.zip (2.3 KB, 18 views)
Kasper-pA- is offline  
post #90 of 4089 Old 02-18-2010, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold
 
Tulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 5,246
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasper-pA- View Post
Tulli,

I tried the samsung/denon combo but no DTSHD or TrueHD, so I grabbed my inf files, any chance to get these modded?

Samsung PN50A550
Harmon Kardon AVR254
ATI 5770
Cat 10.2
Realtek 2.42


Cheers,

Kasp
You should be able to bitstream DTS HD (no TrueHD) on MPC-HC, TMT3 .170 and WinDVD2010 without the override. If you can't there's an install problem to troubleshoot or some setting on the AVR (HDMI) that needs to be fixed.

Anyway, here's the mod, as I see no HK mods on the list ...

 

Samsung PN50A550 - HK AVR254.zip 1.2275390625k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Samsung PN50A550 - HK AVR254.zip (1.2 KB, 19 views)

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Tulli is offline  
Reply Home Theater Computers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off