EDID Overrides to solve bitstreaming issues for ATI 5xxx's - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #901 of 4010 Old 04-02-2010, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by murthyvs View Post

Thanks Tulli. Your mod works after I have upgraded to Win 7 x64 Home Premium. I can now bitstream with PowerDVD 2010 but with audio hiccups after playing for 1-2 minutes. Is there anything I should do? I checked all the wires/connections and they look fine. I guess it is a software thing. Can you please take a moment to look at my new playback device configuration and advise? Thanks again!

Hello all - I played few avi files and mkv files and they are behaving very strange. Some gets audio and some dont! Also there is severe static noise from the speakers? Someone please help me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 4010 Old 04-02-2010, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by murthyvs View Post

Hello all - I played few avi files and mkv files and they are behaving very strange. Some gets audio and some dont! Also there is severe static noise from the speakers? Someone please help me!

Those are not EDID issues anymore of course, but a problem with playback (with PDVD10?) of those specific types of files. Do you get audio problems with BD discs?

Have you tried playing them back with MPC-HC? Look for dbone1026 guide for setting up MPC-HC following the link in his signature.

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
post #903 of 4010 Old 04-02-2010, 06:29 PM

I have a problem but I don't know if it is EDID related or not.

I can bitstream both HD formats on my Onkyo SR606. My issus is with the Onkyo detecting the Audio/Video when it is turned on. It can take 5-10 minutes before it displays a picture and the sound works. I didn't have this issue with earlier driver before 10.2 I think it was. I have tried going back to earlier drivers but it didn't seem to fix it. It isn't the card as I have tried 2 ATI 5xxx cards and the TV displays the signal straight away when plugged in. Some how the SR606 isn't "negotiating the signal" for a long time. Should I try one of the SR606 edid inf's that are out there? or would this not be edid related as when it is working I don't have any problems playing blu ray etc?
post #904 of 4010 Old 04-02-2010, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnfuller View Post

I have a problem but I don't know if it is EDID related or not.

I can bitstream both HD formats on my Onkyo SR606. My issus is with the Onkyo detecting the Audio/Video when it is turned on. It can take 5-10 minutes before it displays a picture and the sound works. I didn't have this issue with earlier driver before 10.2 I think it was. I have tried going back to earlier drivers but it didn't seem to fix it. It isn't the card as I have tried 2 ATI 5xxx cards and the TV displays the signal straight away when plugged in. Some how the SR606 isn't "negotiating the signal" for a long time. Should I try one of the SR606 edid inf's that are out there? or would this not be edid related as when it is working I don't have any problems playing blu ray etc?

An EDID override may fix the handshake issue. It doesn't hurt to try it.
post #905 of 4010 Old 04-03-2010, 07:33 AM

Hi

I have a Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X, a Denon AVR-1910 and a Pioneer PDP-436FDE (720p plasma)

My problem is that bitstreamed audio (any kind, not just HD) keeps dropping. I have ffdshow tryouts installed, and I'm playing from 7MC (x32). The audio plays for 5-10 secs, then drops for a second, plays then drops etc.

I am not sure whether EDID issues could be involved here. Most of the overrides seem to be for 1080p panels and I am not sure which to try. Or if maybe I need a custom mod?

thanks
post #906 of 4010 Old 04-03-2010, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithxp View Post

Hi

I have a Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X, a Denon AVR-1910 and a Pioneer PDP-436FDE (720p plasma)

My problem is that bitstreamed audio (any kind, not just HD) keeps dropping. I have ffdshow tryouts installed, and I'm playing from 7MC (x32). The audio plays for 5-10 secs, then drops for a second, plays then drops etc.

I am not sure whether EDID issues could be involved here. Most of the overrides seem to be for 1080p panels and I am not sure which to try. Or if maybe I need a custom mod?

thanks

You need an EDID override to bitstream TrueHD only, so your audio problem is not EDID related.

As a general rule I suggest that you test ffdshow with MPC-HC first, and see that it works. You then may switch to 7MC for which you have to test the specific Matroska Splitter that best works for you (MPC or Haali). But even before that, it's best to test bitstreaming with a commercial player and BD discs.

As your Pioneer plasma, or similar, is definitely not on the list post its full 256-byte EDID (follow capturing instructions from section 3 in 1st. post) and I'll mod it for the DENON 1910.

post #907 of 4010 Old 04-04-2010, 12:39 AM

ok i understand from your post that my monitor is not compatible with my Denon or am i wrong?
the problem for me is i need 3 outputs. 1. beamer /2. samsung / 3. HDMI Audio. but my Asus EAH5750 doesn t output all 3 at once. i think because the GPU doesn t support more then 2 outputs enabled at once. so i have to choose between 1. beamer and 3. HDMI audio(passtrough video to samsung). or 1. beamer and 2. samsung. and audio trough toslink but then i don t get Dolby Digital Plus, TrueHD, and DTS HD audio streams, then that my problem. the best and only thing what i want is, if this is possible just 1600x1200 and or 1280x1024 HDMI picture passtrough by my denon to my samsung because samsung is just a preview screen so i do not need high resolution on the samsung. i hope you understand what i am writing to you because i am not so deep into it. any help on this maybe?
post #908 of 4010 Old 04-04-2010, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Problem is 1600x1200 & 1280x1024 are not standard HDTV resolutions so won't pass through the DENON.

The 5750 will take three outputs, but one of them must be connected to the DisplayPort.

post #909 of 4010 Old 04-04-2010, 07:37 AM

My setup is HDMI out to a splitter and then splitter to a HK amp and Sony TV. Everything works fine, until I turn on my amp to watch a movie. After movie is finished, I turn off the amp. The video is still displayed on my sony tv, however, no sound is passed to the tv, sound goes to the AVR/AMP just fine. When I turn on the amp for the first time, both tv and amp gets sound if it is non-hd sound format (or format tv can decode).

Here is my guess, when amp comes on, a new handshake happens (screen goes off then on) and ATI sends correct data to amp. When amp is off, no new handshake happens and ATI continues to send data to the device that matches the previous EDID. The problem continues even after a shutdown or re-start. I have not tried this yet, but I bet if I change the monitor driver back to SonyTV edid, I will get sound again to my tv.

My questions are,
--what is your thought on my guess?
--is there a way to initiate a new handshake via media center remote or turning devices on/off?
--is there a way to switch between edids on the fly via remote?

Thank you in advance.
post #910 of 4010 Old 04-04-2010, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

You can debug the problem somehow by checking which monitor driver gets activated in Device Manager.

Your chance is that a GenericPnP monitor driver gets activated with the AVR off and switching off/on the TV. If the EDID override is detected instead then there's nothing to do.

post #911 of 4010 Old 04-05-2010, 12:17 AM

Hi,

I have an:
- Panasonic Plasma TV (Model: TH-42PV70)
- Denon Receiver (Model: AVR-3310)

Which EDID mod (in the list) would work best for me ?

I can't do anything wrong, with this. Can I
post #912 of 4010 Old 04-05-2010, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gent32m View Post

Hi,

I have an:
- Panasonic Plasma TV (Model: TH-42PV70)
- Denon Receiver (Model: AVR-3310)

Which EDID mod (in the list) would work best for me ?

I can't do anything wrong, with this. Can I

Try this one

Panasonic TH-42PZ700U - DENON AVR3808

If you have video issues uninstall the override (or rollback), post your Panasonic full 256-byte EDID (capturing instructions on 1st. post) and I'll mod it.

post #913 of 4010 Old 04-05-2010, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post
You can debug the problem somehow by checking which monitor driver gets activated in Device Manager.

Your chance is that a GenericPnP monitor driver gets activated with the AVR off and switching off/on the TV. If the EDID override is detected instead then there's nothing to do.
Tulli, the driver remains as Harman AVR. The issue gets resolved after about three or four restarts (shutdown has no effect), but have no idea what fixes it. I now know for sure that this is not an issue with my splitter since using the onboard video (intel DG45ID) with default EDID has no issue. As a matter of fact, even with the ATI card, if I leave the EDID untouched, everything works but HD audio. Is there a way to modify the Sony TV inf file to contain the AVR capabilities? My thinking is if Win 7 is looking for Sony TV after AVR power toggle, then let it find the TV but with fake sound capabilities. Once again thanks for all the help.

sonyTV.zip 2.259765625k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip sonyTV.zip (2.3 KB, 0 views)
post #914 of 4010 Old 04-05-2010, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneonefive View Post

Tulli, the driver remains as Harman AVR. The issue gets resolved after about three or four restarts (shutdown has no effect), but have no idea what fixes it. I now know for sure that this is not an issue with my splitter since using the onboard video (intel DG45ID) with default EDID has no issue. As a matter of fact, even with the ATI card, if I leave the EDID untouched, everything works but HD audio. Is there a way to modify the Sony TV inf file to contain the AVR capabilities? My thinking is if Win 7 is looking for Sony TV after AVR power toggle, then let it find the TV but with fake sound capabilities. Once again thanks for all the help.

Actually, your EDID override is exactly that: the SONY TV video timings and specs + the ONKYO audio block.

It's clear then that the splitter will always be resolved by Windows as one device with the EDID override driver. But for the same reason, a re-detection could be forced by unpluging/plugging the splitter connection to the HTPC. You could try switching it off/on when needed.

An alternative method that maybe would give no issues is:

1. Remove the splitter.

2. Connect the TV though 2 different paths to the HTPC: one connection through the AVR, and the other directly to the another ATI card port.

3. As ATI will see 2 devices you can then clone them into one display device.

4. Apply the EDID override to the cloned display device and reboot.

post #915 of 4010 Old 04-05-2010, 07:09 AM

Interesting idea, I will give that a try. BTW, I have a HK amp, and neither of my EDIDs were ever modified by you, just the default moninfo capture. Does that change anything as far as combining the HK amp capabilities into Sony TV inf? Thanks.
post #916 of 4010 Old 04-05-2010, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Ok, sorry for the confusion ...

A mod will be needed then (especiallly for the clone display strategy) that combines the Sony TV video specs with the HK audio block. I'm not at home right now but will post it later on.

OK, here you go...

SonyTV - HK AVR.zip 1.193359375k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip SonyTV - HK AVR.zip (1.2 KB, 0 views)

post #917 of 4010 Old 04-05-2010, 11:33 AM

Hello Tulli,

Thank you so much for doing this!
Here are my scans for Philips 47PFL9532 and Yamaha RX-V1800.

Best regards,
Yury

Philips47.zip 2.396484375k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Philips47.zip (2.4 KB, 0 views)
post #918 of 4010 Old 04-05-2010, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuryKos View Post

Hello Tulli,

Thank you so much for doing this!
Here are my scans for Philips 47PFL9532 and Yamaha RX-V1800.

Best regards,
Yury

Hi. Yamahas do not need an EDID override to bitstream (see first post for details).

post #919 of 4010 Old 04-05-2010, 12:54 PM

Thank a bunch. I will give it a try tonight and let you know how it goes. Just to make sure I don't mess this up, are these the steps:
1.connect hdmi out from video card to avr
2. connect dvi out from video card to tv using a dvi/hdmi
3. turn on pc, configure CCC to clone displays. apply the mod. restart.
4. what do I do here?
put the splitter back in.

Thanks.
post #920 of 4010 Old 04-05-2010, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneonefive View Post

Thank a bunch. I will give it a try tonight and let you know how it goes. Just to make sure I don't mess this up, are these the steps:
1.connect hdmi out from video card to avr
2. connect dvi out from video card to tv using a dvi/hdmi
3. turn on pc, configure CCC to clone displays. apply the mod. restart.
4. what do I do here?
put the splitter back in.

Thanks.

1. AVR should be connected to TV too of course.
4. Well, just test that it works. Hopefully you won't need to put the splitter back again anymore! The idea is that when the TV is powered on it will activate the cloned display connection either way and the override is only to make sure that the audio capabilities of the HK are always available.

post #921 of 4010 Old 04-05-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

1. AVR should be connected to TV too of course.
4. Well, just test that it works. Hopefully you won't need to put the splitter back again anymore! The idea is that when the TV is powered on it will activate the cloned display connection either way and the override is only to make sure that the audio capabilities of the HK are always available.

Cannot wait to try this tonight. Does cloning the output from hdmi cause loss of image quality? Also, my ati card has been hitting 80c after heavy use, I wonder if the temp will rise even more due to cloning. I have already got three fan in the case, no more room for a fourth fan.
post #922 of 4010 Old 04-05-2010, 05:01 PM

Tulli, cloning did not work, playing blu-ray or HDTV started showing jitters, etc. Not all bad news however, I went ahead and applied the HK+Sony inf with the splitter present, and so far I am getting things to work as I expected. Meaning, when amp is on/off, tv is not loosing sound. My 7MC however, now crashes when playing any movies with hd audio, but wmp plays just fine. I am pretty sure I can fix it by adding/removing codec.

Thanks a lot. I am hoping I won't have to bug you anymore.
post #923 of 4010 Old 04-05-2010, 09:57 PM

Liked: 11
I recently bought the newly released Samsung HW-C700 AVR and it supports DTS-HD MA and TrueHD (at least the logos are on the front). I was trying to watch the Hurtlocker BD and TMT showed it was outputting DTS-HD MSTR 48k/24 PCM, but no audio and AVR display was dark... So here is my hardware/software and I have attached my inf files:

Video Card: XFX HD-545X-YNH2 Radeon HD 5450
Video Driver: ATI Catalyst 10.2
Audio Driver:ATI HD Audio
BD Playback software: TMT3 .170
AVR: Samsung HW-C700
Display: Samsung LNT-5281F (LCD 52" TV)
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Everything is connected with HDMI.

Do I need a modded EDID? Where do you guys suggest I look to figure this out?

Could the problem be related to the fact that the EDID reports only 16-bit support for DTS-HD, but TMT3 seems to be outputting 24-bit?

excerpt from EDID:
CE audio data (formats supported)
LPCM 2-channel, 16/20/24 bit depths at 32/44/48/88/96 kHz
LPCM 8-channel, 16/20/24 bit depths at 32/44/48/88/96 kHz
AC-3 6-channel, 640k max. bit rate at 32/44/48 kHz
DTS 6-channel, 1536k max. bit rate at 32/44/48 kHz
DD+ 8-channel at 44/48 kHz
DTS-HD 8-channel, 16-bit at 44/48/88/96/176/192 kHz
DVD-A 8-channel at 44/48/88/96/176/192 kHz

Thanks,
Valkyrie-MT

Samsung HW-C700 and LNT-5281F.zip 2.2763671875k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Samsung HW-C700 and LNT-5281F.zip (2.3 KB, 0 views)
post #924 of 4010 Old 04-06-2010, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Just checked the Samsung HW-C700 EDID and it's fine.

Bit-depth is not a part of the DTS-HD or TrueHD descriptors but of the LPCM descriptors, for which 16, 20 and 24-bit are set.

post #925 of 4010 Old 04-06-2010, 05:45 AM

Liked: 11
Tulli, thanks for verifying. After receiving your message, I tried other stuff and discovered that I had to check the ATI Advanced Audio option: "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device". Now it's working, but that sucks. I might have to write some software to make this switch happen automatically... THANKS for checking, it was a big help to eliminate the EDID issue since there is so much discussion around it...

-Valkyrie-MT
post #926 of 4010 Old 04-06-2010, 07:53 AM

hi tulli you are talking about "The 5750 will take three outputs, but one of them must be connected to the DisplayPort."
do you mean they can all be active at the same time or they can be activated 2 by 2. the last one is what i experienced.
i wish i could activate them all 3 the outputs then my problem would be solved.

i tried multimon but no way, or am i doing something wrong do you know a way to use all 3 port i have connected all 3 ports.. VGA/DVI and HDMI.. so...

so i understand i can not use 1600x1200 and also not 1280x1024 mm pitty because in clone mode my beamer doesn t support higher resolution and the resolution for the outputs is allways the same for both outputs.
post #927 of 4010 Old 04-06-2010, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Yes, that's my general understanding: 3 monitors active at the same time but one of them has to be connected to the DisplayPort.

post #928 of 4010 Old 04-06-2010, 10:55 AM

hi ok help me out how to activated all 3 monitors outputs at the same time. and you are talking about the displayport, which port do you mean by that.
in my CCC i can only choose a display 1 and then choose an output and display 2 and then choose an output. so.. help wanted. i only need the HDMI for audio so that s even better ...MAYBE ??
post #929 of 4010 Old 04-06-2010, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyholland View Post

hi ok help me out how to activated all 3 monitors outputs at the same time. and you are talking about the displayport, which port do you mean by that.
in my CCC i can only choose a display 1 and then choose an output and display 2 and then choose an output. so.. help wanted. i only need the HDMI for audio so that s even better ...MAYBE ??

??? Your HD5750, if standard, should have 2 DVI-I ports, 1 HDMI and 1 Display Port.

If you don't have a Display Port capable display you need a DisplayPort->HDMI adapter to take advantage of it.

Here's more info in case you need a Display Port -> DVI adapter.

post #930 of 4010 Old 04-06-2010, 12:03 PM

i have the Asus EAH 5750 fomula one. i dont know which one should be the displayport then?

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_I...lFK&templete=2

this is my card.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page