EDID Overrides to solve bitstreaming issues for ATI 5xxx's - Page 61 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #1801 of 4032 Old 12-10-2010, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by StardogChampion View Post

Ok, I got bitstreaming working again and I wanted to share something curious that was the problem. I got bitstreaming to work with MKV file by following (more or less) this guide:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010...7-htpc-part-i/

The only difference is I use Shark007 codecs and when it comes time to configure ffdshow audio I use the Shark007 admin UI to do access it.

One of the parts of the guide is to add some external filters in the View > Options in MPC-HC. When I got to this part I found that the filters I'd added previously had vanished. Now, in all my screwing around trying to get audio/video working with my new LG TV I never touched this. So, I re-added them back and viola: DTS Master Audio again. Well, at least for a moment anyway. Things were working fine and then revert back to Stereo again. I go back into the View > Options menu and the filters are gone again. I re-add them back and things start working again. It's been stable now for a few days.

I think it's weird these filters just disappeared twice. I wonder what makes them disappear? Bug or feature?

I don't know as I avoid codec packs. A problem with directshow filters is managing their merit so that they get invoked as expected. So a general rule is installing just what you need and test for full functionality in each case, otherwise tweak merits (the External filters option on MPC-HC is a way to do it). Depending on the Directshow filters needed, things may get messy and out of control indeed.

Tools like Graphstudio can help you debug/tweak merits. BTW tweaking native Win7 filters is particularly a PIA (fortunately, there's Win7DSFilterTweaker), which is the reason for having MPC-HC as THE general player on the system, with MPC-HC taking control of DS filters.

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 4032 Old 12-11-2010, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
the override didnt work with win7 as well for me, so I guess Ill be going back to XP then
post #1803 of 4032 Old 12-11-2010, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

I don't know as I avoid codec packs. A problem with directshow filters is managing their merit so that they get invoked as expected. So a general rule is installing just what you need and test for full functionality in each case, otherwise tweak merits (the External filters option on MPC-HC is a way to do it). Depending on the Directshow filters needed, things may get messy and out of control indeed.

Tools like Graphstudio can help you debug/tweak merits. BTW tweaking native Win7 filters is particularly a PIA (fortunately, there's Win7DSFilterTweaker), which is the reason for having MPC-HC as THE general player on the system, with MPC-HC taking control of DS filters.

In MPC-HC, View > Options > External Filters I defined my filters. In there I defined two filters, one for ffdshow to be used and one for Microsoft to be blocked as instructed. After this, playing MKVs with DTS-MA then works brilliantly. A little later DTS-MA suddenly stops working and everything is in Stereo. I got back to MPC-HC, to View > Options > External Filters and the filters I had defined have disappeared. This happened a couple of times. That's why I kept losing DTS-MA. But now, they aren't disappearing for whatever reason so things are working great.

I was just wondering what would make the filters defined in MPC-HC under View > Options > External filters just disappear.

post #1804 of 4032 Old 12-13-2010, 07:56 PM

Tulli,
Getting back to the EDID issues for a moment, I am having problems making an override EDID for a Pioneer 5020FD tv and a Pioneer SC-07 receiver. I used Moninfo to pull the EDID for each device, but there is no valid extension block listed. The INF files from Moninfo are attached. Any ideas on how I can make this happen?

The reasons I need this is because I have installed a Ceton InfiniTV tuner, and now I'm having handshake/HDCP issues while trying to watch live TV. Everything else works great (TMT3, RecordedTV, etc.). EDIT: There are no handshake/HDCP issues if I connect the HTPC directly to the TV, so that's why I'm thinking a revised EDID will work.

ASUS P7H55D-M EVO + Core i5-661
W7 x64 Ultimate
Ceton InfiniTV CableCARD 4x Digital Cable Tuner

HTPC --> Pioneer SC-07 --> Pioneer 5020FD

Thanks in advance if you're able to provide any insight!

Pioneer5020FD.txt 2.20703125k . file

PioneerSC-07.txt 2.2099609375k . file
Attached Files
File Type: txt PioneerSC-07.txt (2.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: txt Pioneer5020FD.txt (2.2 KB, 0 views)
post #1805 of 4032 Old 12-14-2010, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExEngineer View Post

Tulli,
Getting back to the EDID issues for a moment, I am having problems making an override EDID for a Pioneer 5020FD tv and a Pioneer SC-07 receiver. I used Moninfo to pull the EDID for each device, but there is no valid extension block listed. The INF files from Moninfo are attached. Any ideas on how I can make this happen?

The reasons I need this is because I have installed a Ceton InfiniTV tuner, and now I'm having handshake/HDCP issues while trying to watch live TV. Everything else works great (TMT3, RecordedTV, etc.). EDIT: There are no handshake/HDCP issues if I connect the HTPC directly to the TV, so that's why I'm thinking a revised EDID will work.

ASUS P7H55D-M EVO + Core i5-661
W7 x64 Ultimate
Ceton InfiniTV CableCARD 4x Digital Cable Tuner

HTPC --> Pioneer SC-07 --> Pioneer 5020FD

Thanks in advance if you're able to provide any insight!

That's a Clarkdale, right? If so EDID overrides don't work on any Intel IGP so far.

post #1806 of 4032 Old 12-14-2010, 08:18 AM

I hadn't realized that. Oh well, back to the drawing board then. Thanks.
post #1807 of 4032 Old 12-15-2010, 01:24 AM

My setup: Samsung Le37R82 (720p LCD)
Yamaha RX-V 765
ATI 5450
Vista 32
I have the latest ffdshow, mpc-hc, catalyst but with latest realtek drivers (many places I've seen that suggested)
I had to do the EDID override from the other forum to get my resolution issues fixed (EDID Override Thread)
Bitstreaming TrueHD and DTS-MA works great with powerdvd 10!
I have problems to get it working under MPC-HC
I've set the filters correctly I think, ffdshow audio tray icon is telling me I'm bitstreaming to HDMI audio, but no sound (once I've seen TrueHD lighting up for a sec, but no sound)
Under Vista I don't see TrueHD and DTS-MA listed when I check the tray icon for the sound. Is it normal?
What can be my problem here?
Shall I revert to ATI audio drivers or can be the EDID override is the reason? (I read somewhere yamaha is not needing that kind of override, shall I execute the override from this thread?)
post #1808 of 4032 Old 12-15-2010, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

For more information on the original EDID parsing bug that affected bitstreaming read 1st. post.

Vista is generally a problem for bistreaming over the 5xxx, but it works for you. Have you followed dbone1026 MPC-HC setup guide? (look at link on his sig.).

post #1809 of 4032 Old 12-15-2010, 09:54 PM

Tulli,

I have searched through this and done what I can regarding getting TrueHD or DTS HD out of my 5850 through my Onkyo TX-SR805 on PowerDVD 10. DTS and Dolby Digital work fine. Tried the default override you suggested since I have a Samsung LN52A850 and the Samsung/Onkyo combo did not work.

I have not tried the TMT3 .185 as I have installed the Realtek driver rather than the ATI HDMI ones. I'm confident that settings regarding this are fine but would like your assistance in creating a custom EDID for my situation if necessary.

I have ran moninfo.exe for both my Samsung and my Onkyo separately if you need/want the EDIDs it pulled.

Thanks

Harry M.
post #1810 of 4032 Old 12-16-2010, 01:46 AM

Quote:
For more information on the original EDID parsing bug that affected bitstreaming read 1st. post.

Vista is generally a problem for bistreaming over the 5xxx, but it works for you. Have you followed dbone1026 MPC-HC setup guide? (look at link on his sig.).
Thanks a lot for your help, I checked out dbone's guide, I was doing my settings according to him so far I could:
Differences:
Section 3:
- Realtek HDMI output properties - I don't see TrueHD and DTS-MA, just DD and DTS - I don't know if it is normal for Vista or has to do something with my override (attached)
Section 7
- Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder - I don't see it listed under the directshow filters

EDIDOverride.zip 0.9501953125k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip EDIDOverride.zip (973 Bytes, 0 views)
post #1811 of 4032 Old 12-16-2010, 04:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intolerant View Post

Tulli,

I have searched through this and done what I can regarding getting TrueHD or DTS HD out of my 5850 through my Onkyo TX-SR805 on PowerDVD 10. DTS and Dolby Digital work fine. Tried the default override you suggested since I have a Samsung LN52A850 and the Samsung/Onkyo combo did not work.

I have not tried the TMT3 .185 as I have installed the Realtek driver rather than the ATI HDMI ones. I'm confident that settings regarding this are fine but would like your assistance in creating a custom EDID for my situation if necessary.

I have ran moninfo.exe for both my Samsung and my Onkyo separately if you need/want the EDIDs it pulled.

Thanks

Harry M.

With the Realtek drivers (which version?) + Onkyo 805 you'll definitely require an EDID override to bitstream. Do you get third audio option in audio settings on PDVD10 during playback? If not, do you have an onboard Realtek audio device enable in the BIOS? If so disable it. Also, check the HDMI setup on the Onkyo so that it does NOT repeat the audio specifications of your TV (2 channels). Finally, for TMT3 .185 and Realtek you'll need the TMT3 .185 hotfix + Reclock.

Anyway, I would also suggest trying the native ATI HDMI audio driver (up to Cat.10.11 + TMT hotfix for it) for which NO edid override will be needed.

post #1812 of 4032 Old 12-16-2010, 04:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi74 View Post

Thanks a lot for your help, I checked out dbone's guide, I was doing my settings according to him so far I could:
Differences:
Section 3:
- Realtek HDMI output properties - I don't see TrueHD and DTS-MA, just DD and DTS - I don't know if it is normal for Vista or has to do something with my override (attached)
Section 7
- Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder - I don't see it listed under the directshow filters

The EDID override is perfect so, do you have latest versions of MPC-HC & ffdshow (from www.xvidvideo.ru) installed? But, ffdshow audio decoder is showing HDMI passthrough as output (right-clicking on tray icon), right?

Download graphstudio and open a movie file. Check that the right directshow fillters get invoked and playback the movie from within graphstudio and check bitstreaming.

You could also try the native ATI HDMI audio driver (up to CAT 10.11 ... see my reply to uzi74 above).

post #1813 of 4032 Old 12-16-2010, 07:58 AM

Tulli,

I just got my 5850 so I'm using the most recent Realteks (R2.55)

Being at work now, I can't definitively verify if there is a 3rd audio option in PDVD 10 but I recall there only being 2 and I'm pretty certain about that. PowerDVD PCM Decoding and Non-Decoded (passthrough). I use the passthrough. I am also a stickler about disabling the onboard audio so I am 99% sure that's taken care of too. Again, I will respond after work tonight with absolute certainty.

I checked the HDMI sections on my Onkyo and don't have any specific ones that address the repeating of the TV specs. My Onkyo audio presets are simply set for DTS-HD --> DTS-HD and Dolby True HD --> Dolby True HD, otherwise, I can only adjust which devices (i.e. DVD, game/tv, VCR, etc) work with which HDMI inputs.

NOW, my biggest question and hopefully not the dumbest but.............is using TMT3 simply for "testing purposes"? I'm asking because I only use TMT3 for HDDVD playback and nothing else. If testing with TMT3 is necessary, please let me know otherwise, it's not a player I generally care about using.

Will you help with a custom EDID override? I looked into taking one .inf file of yours that had the TX-SR805 and strategically combining it with the one that has a Samsung LN52A750 since it's so close to my 850 series but not sure exactly where to begin.

I would also like to know whether or not you will suggest I ultimately use the Realtek drivers or the ATI ones.

AVR-LCD.zip 2.1962890625k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip AVR-LCD.zip (2.2 KB, 0 views)
post #1814 of 4032 Old 12-16-2010, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intolerant View Post
Tulli,

I just got my 5850 so I'm using the most recent Realteks (R2.55)

Being at work now, I can't definitively verify if there is a 3rd audio option in PDVD 10 but I recall there only being 2 and I'm pretty certain about that. PowerDVD PCM Decoding and Non-Decoded (passthrough). I use the passthrough. I am also a stickler about disabling the onboard audio so I am 99% sure that's taken care of too. Again, I will respond after work tonight with absolute certainty.

I checked the HDMI sections on my Onkyo and don't have any specific ones that address the repeating of the TV specs. My Onkyo audio presets are simply set for DTS-HD --> DTS-HD and Dolby True HD --> Dolby True HD, otherwise, I can only adjust which devices (i.e. DVD, game/tv, VCR, etc) work with which HDMI inputs.

NOW, my biggest question and hopefully not the dumbest but.............is using TMT3 simply for "testing purposes"? I'm asking because I only use TMT3 for HDDVD playback and nothing else. If testing with TMT3 is necessary, please let me know otherwise, it's not a player I generally care about using.

Will you help with a custom EDID override? I looked into taking one .inf file of yours that had the TX-SR805 and strategically combining it with the one that has a Samsung LN52A750 since it's so close to my 850 series but not sure exactly where to begin.

I would also like to know whether or not you will suggest I ultimately use the Realtek drivers or the ATI ones.
You could try any of the (*) EDID overrides right away. If it works with the override and you have video issues I have no problem in doing a custom mod for your setup.

If it doesn't work then:
  1. What is your OS? If XP just forget it! On Vista it "can" work, but upgrading to Win7 is definitely to be recommended.
  2. For troubleshooting I would definitely suggest using the native ATI HDMI driver. Disable onboard audio, if present on the BIOS. For PDVD10 you can use any ATI HDMI diver up to 10.11 (10.12 breaks bitstreaming).
  3. Set ATI driver to a standard HD resolution (e.g. 1080i/p, or 720p).
  4. Check that ALL formats are present on the "Supported Formats" window on the ATI HDMI sound device properties. If you only get 2 channels then there's an EDID issue that can be checke up by capturing the Real-Time EDID with moninfo. If the EDID only shows 2 channels then the AVR is repeating the TV EDID audio specs and must be set up accordingly.
  5. With previous step cleared go on to try PDVD10. See that third audio option is available on audio settings during playback. If not, if you don't have AnyDVDHD installed, download it and install it (trial runs for 20 days or so).

If bistreaming is succesful on PDDVD you can now go ahead an install the Realtek drivers if you like. But now an EDID override will be required to bitstream. For TMT3 .185 install appropiate hotfix and use Reclock.

EDIT:

Just saw that you posted your EDIDs so I attach the merged EDID...

Samsung LN52A850 - ONKYO TX-SR805.zip 1.197265625k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Samsung LN52A850 - ONKYO TX-SR805.zip (1.2 KB, 1 views)

post #1815 of 4032 Old 12-16-2010, 11:27 AM

Thanks Tulli,

Without going through this, I would have NOT found out that CCC 10.12 breaks bitstreaming. I am indeed using 10.12.

As for the other details:

I tried 3 of the overrides to no avail but did so on 10.12 so that's probably the reason.

I'm using Win 7 64-bit

All formats ARE SUPPORTED on sound device (both on Realtek and ATI)

On-board BIOS audio is disabled.

I'm going to try using 10.11 first and see what happens and hit you up if necessary later.
post #1816 of 4032 Old 12-16-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:

The EDID override is perfect so, do you have latest versions of MPC-HC & ffdshow (from www.xvidvideo.ru) installed? But, ffdshow audio decoder is showing HDMI passthrough as output (right-clicking on tray icon), right?

Download graphstudio and open a movie file. Check that the right directshow fillters get invoked and playback the movie from within graphstudio and check bitstreaming.

You could also try the native ATI HDMI audio driver (up to CAT 10.11 ... see my reply to uzi74 above).

Thx a lot again for checking
I've installed ffdshow tryouts rev3631
MPC-HC 1.4.2769.0
ATI Catalyst 10.11 (now reverted to the original HDMI driver)
The FFDShow tray icon is showing Input: Dolby TrueHD 7.1, 48000Hz, 6423 kbps (bitstream) Output: HDMI bitstream (1402)

But still no luck with MPC-HC (PowerDvd 10 works still)
post #1817 of 4032 Old 12-16-2010, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

hmmm ... that looks perfect. So problem is Vista? I can't say for sure, maybe Ricabullah could chime in, for IIRC he could bitstream wth ffdshow on Vista.

Is ATI HDMI audio driver set to 7.1?

post #1818 of 4032 Old 12-16-2010, 06:02 PM

Tulli, One MASSIVE step closer thanks to you. Before I even realised that you had attached a merged version of my two components' EDIDs, I checked two things:

Onboard audio IS NOT enabled.

Only 2 options in PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark II (PCM Decoded, Non-decoded(passthrough))

Reinstalled ATI HDMI Driver from version 10.11 and tested on TMT3 .185 and I am INDEED getting DTS-HD MSTR output. It clearly needs the patch and/or the reclock as the sound is out of sync. I have not seen any mention of where to get BOTH of these.

Now, my 64 million dollar (and hopefully final) question is how to get this working with PowerDVD Ultra Mark II knowing that my receiver is GtG in that respect. I much prefer using that.

Oh and can I or should I go with the Realtek drivers R2.55 or stick with the ATI ones? I'm guessing it doesn't matter much but I prefer the stability of the Realteks

Thanks much so far!

(BTW - I don't use FFDSHOW or any 3rd party codec packages at all)

Harry
post #1819 of 4032 Old 12-16-2010, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Here are the TMT patches (thanks to Natedog51).

Now if you can get DTS-HD over TMT3 you should see third option on PDVD audio settings during playback. Just play the movie, right-click->audio settings and select third ption from pull-down menu.

For troubleshooting (FWIW I don't use the Realtek drivers) I would definitely recommend sticking with ATI native drivers.

post #1820 of 4032 Old 12-16-2010, 06:55 PM

Holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!

Tulli, I was just tinkering with PowerDVD and switched the audio output from "PCM decoded by PowerDVD (while the movie was playing) and then it all of a sudden it showed the 3rd option of "High definition audio output" (also while the movie was playing)..............................then PowerDVD crashed and said the information or media was "corrupted".

I'm sure it'll work again.
post #1821 of 4032 Old 12-16-2010, 07:37 PM

{30 mins later..................}

And it did work. Thanks much guys!
post #1822 of 4032 Old 12-19-2010, 04:06 AM

Hi Tully,

You helped me out before with an IEID override but now i change my graphicscard from an ATI 5450 to an ATI 5770 and now its does not bitstream gain

Could you help me again

I have attached files.

Thanks Jacob

ati-lgtv.zip 4.2275390625k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip ati-lgtv.zip (4.2 KB, 0 views)
post #1823 of 4032 Old 12-19-2010, 05:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylle View Post
Hi Tully,

You helped me out before with an IEID override but now i change my graphicscard from an ATI 5450 to an ATI 5770 and now its does not bitstream gain

Could you help me again

I have attached files.

Thanks Jacob
There's no need of a different EDID override for the new card but here's the mod anyway.

LGTV - ONKYO TX-SR308.zip 1.23828125k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip LGTV - ONKYO TX-SR308.zip (1.2 KB, 0 views)

post #1824 of 4032 Old 12-20-2010, 01:22 AM

Quote:

hmmm ... that looks perfect. So problem is Vista? I can't say for sure, maybe Ricabullah could chime in, for IIRC he could bitstream wth ffdshow on Vista.

Is ATI HDMI audio driver set to 7.1?

Thanks a lot for the heads up, I was checking Ricabullah's posts and found that thread: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...34#post1370134
I did not set absolutely the same way it has been described, but I was able to manage bitstreaming finally! My main issue was the missing registration of MPC-Audio Renderer (and the usage of Reclock). I will be checking if this can work without reclock or that is a must
Thanks again, I was almost giving up, but I'm really happy now
post #1825 of 4032 Old 12-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Hi Guys,

Over the weekend I upgraded my graphics card to a Sapphire HD5670. The 5670 is connected via HDMI to an Onkyo TX-NR3007 which is in turn connected via HDMI to a Panasonic TC-P65S1 Plasma.

From what I've been able to determine from the info in this thread, it sounds like I *shouldn't* need an EDID override. However, I'm not getting any Windows sounds when I set the "ATI HDMI Output" device as the default in the "Sound" control panel applet. I tried installing the latest Realtek ATI HDMI Audio Device driver and the problem remains unchanged.

If I look at the "Supported Formats" for the Realtek HDMI Output properties it lists the following:

Max Number of Channels: 2
HDCP: Supported
Bit Depth: 16

Sample Rates:
32.0 kHz
44.1 kHz
48.0 kHz

Clearly this can't be correct. So I tried installing the following override file: Panasonic TH-42PZ700U - ONKYO 905. That seemed to result in what I'm guessing were correct "Supported Formats" entries (IIRC 8 channels, and sample rates up to 192 KHz), but still no Windows sounds and TMT5 playback looked like it was being fast forwarded.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, Catalyst 10.10 drivers and the Onkyo AVR firmware and Panasonic S1 firmware are the latest available.

At this point I'm lost and would welcome any suggestions and/or comments regarding whether or not I really need the EDID override and general steps to get this working.

Thanks -- Steve
post #1826 of 4032 Old 12-20-2010, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Yes, you shouldn't need an edid override.

If you're upgrading do a driver cleanup (drivercleaner) and a monitor drivers cleanup too (see cleaning of registry leftovers in uninstall section on 1st. post) prior to installing new driver. Hopefully not, a fresh system install could be required.

See the general directions from this post above. Disablling onboard audio in the BIOS and the native ATI HDMI audio driver are recommended for initial troubleshooting.

Try also swapping HDMI cables or switching input ports connections on the AVR. See if there's a setting for the HDMI on the AVR to repeat the TV audio specs (2 channels). On my DENON I have to set HDMI to "AMP", otherwise it will send to the ATI card an EDID with 2-channel only capability. And in this case an EDID override won't work as the AVR HDMI wll be set to 2 channels anyway. I looked into the Onkyo manual but couldn't find such a setting, but maybe I missed it.

post #1827 of 4032 Old 12-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Tulli,

Thanks for the quick reply. I generally use DriverCleaner .NET before installing new driver and this time was no different. I'll try the other things you suggested. My HT gear is in a rack built in to custom cabinetry so swapping cables and trying different ports may have to wait until after Xmas

Regarding the Onkyo; perhaps the "Direct" setting? I use another HDMI input for my LG Bluray player and don't need to have it set to a specific mode the DTS-HD to light up and there's not much in the manual. I have, however, tried all modes and the result was the same.

Thanks for the suggestions -- Steve
post #1828 of 4032 Old 12-21-2010, 12:55 PM

Liked: 11
I'm having an issue with my HTPC and HDMI audio. Video and audio always work when sent directly to the TV but now that I've added the Onkyo 5008 in I basically never have HDMI audio from the HTPC.

The only way I can get it to work is to set the HTPC to the video profile for 1920x1080 have the Onkyo 5008 on and set to the PC input and also have the TV on. At this point I have video only and the 5008 has No Signal on the display. I then reboot the HTPC and I will then have audio. Unplugging the HDMI cable has no effect, turning the Onkyo 5008 off and then back on has no effect and disabling the HDMI audio device (ATI 5970) in Windows (7-64bit) and then enabling it has no effect.

I don't know what the Onkyo 5008 thinks that it must see when the HTPC boots up but the TV could care less, it always streams the audio.

Could this EDID override stuff help in this case?
post #1829 of 4032 Old 12-22-2010, 07:24 AM

Hello,
Can someone help me with the following problem. I have a pc with ati 5770 connected to onkyo 606 (hdmi) which is connected to lcd samsung m86 (hdmi). Everything works fine but I have to have the tv and receiver on for around 15min before I can switch to the pc, otherwise I have no signal. I already tried an edid override from this site.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
post #1830 of 4032 Old 12-22-2010, 07:56 AM

btw I don't have this probem when I connect the pc directly to the tv
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page