EDID Overrides to solve bitstreaming issues for ATI 5xxx's - Page 78 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #2311 of 4008 Old 04-11-2011, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Here you go ...

Panasonic GT25 - DENON AVR-1910.zip 1.2216796875k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Panasonic GT25 - DENON AVR-1910.zip (1.2 KB, 0 views)

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2312 of 4008 Old 04-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Tulli,
Thanks a lot for the quick reply and the override file.

got it to work, sort of. still have some sort of intermittent issue with TMT. I was able to get TMT to playback a 3D blu-ray thru the AVR (with perfect audio bitstreaming), but had some image tearing at the top third of the image.

I now cant repeat that limited success - when TMT launches into 3D mode, the image on the screen turns into snow/white noise. same result my prior testing.

I'm going to do some testing with different & shorter HDMI cables, but I think the problem has to be received related (although it can pass thru 1080p60 fine).

thanks again!
Jeff
post #2313 of 4008 Old 04-12-2011, 09:09 AM

Liked: 10
Guys...

First my apologies if this belongs elsewhere. I've done so much searching and read so many threads I actually don't know where to begin.

New to HTPC's and just finished my first build - which had gone exceedingly well until I started testing various movies and sample clips.

My set up...
Radeon HD 5450 (512MB/DDR3)
Sony STR-DH810
Vizio XVT473SV
Windows 7 (64 bit) SP1
Catalyst 11.3
TMT5

5450 HDMI > AVR HDMI > TV

When I play a Blu-ray disc (Spiderman 3) in my standalone LG player the True HD indicator lights up as expected for the True HD 5.1 track. And when I play the same disc in my HTPC Blu-ray drive I get the True HD indicator as well. All good so far.

For all other sample files I have to test various audio tracks, my AVR displays only LPCM (48 hz) when I set TMT5 to use the original primary audio source. If I set it to mix to DTS or DD it does go over to the AVR that way and the respective indicator lights up. Same result when I try playing a few of those clips in WMP12 (and actually some of them don't even play the audio which I assume is just an issue with my codec configuration).

One particular sample shows True HD in TMT5 as it's playing but as described above, the AVR still only says LPCM 48.

I have disabled the passthrough option on my AVR (which was a whole other mystery as Win7 was initially only showing 2 channels and no supported compressed audio formats).

I thought I read that the EDID issue was resolved with a 10.x version of Catalyst so could this even be an issue for me? Could my AVR not be getting the right header information from the 5450 under certain conditions? Or maybe this is more likely related to codecs/filters?

Sorry, just at a loss for where to go from here. Thinking of returning the AVR while I can and trying a different one.

Thanks.
post #2314 of 4008 Old 04-12-2011, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12th Man View Post

Guys...

First my apologies if this belongs elsewhere. I've done so much searching and read so many threads I actually don't know where to begin.

New to HTPC's and just finished my first build - which had gone exceedingly well until I started testing various movies and sample clips.

My set up...
Radeon HD 5450 (512MB/DDR3)
Sony STR-DH810
Vizio XVT473SV
Windows 7 (64 bit) SP1
Catalyst 11.3
TMT5

5450 HDMI > AVR HDMI > TV

When I play a Blu-ray disc (Spiderman 3) in my standalone LG player the True HD indicator lights up as expected for the True HD 5.1 track. And when I play the same disc in my HTPC Blu-ray drive I get the True HD indicator as well. All good so far.

For all other sample files I have to test various audio tracks, my AVR displays only LPCM (48 hz) when I set TMT5 to use the original primary audio source. If I set it to mix to DTS or DD it does go over to the AVR that way and the respective indicator lights up. Same result when I try playing a few of those clips in WMP12 (and actually some of them don't even play the audio which I assume is just an issue with my codec configuration).

One particular sample shows True HD in TMT5 as it's playing but as described above, the AVR still only says LPCM 48.

I have disabled the passthrough option on my AVR (which was a whole other mystery as Win7 was initially only showing 2 channels and no supported compressed audio formats).

I thought I read that the EDID issue was resolved with a 10.x version of Catalyst so could this even be an issue for me? Could my AVR not be getting the right header information from the 5450 under certain conditions? Or maybe this is more likely related to codecs/filters?

Sorry, just at a loss for where to go from here. Thinking of returning the AVR while I can and trying a different one.

Thanks.

What codecs have you installed? WMP12 can not bitstream without something like sharks installed.
post #2315 of 4008 Old 04-12-2011, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Yeah, forget about WMP12 for the moment. OTH you can bitstream TrueHD when playing from disc with TMT5, meaning no EDID issues.

To play "all other sample files" (mkvs?) set up MPC-HC + ffdshow. Follow/search for dbone1026 guide.

post #2316 of 4008 Old 04-13-2011, 11:02 AM

Is any of this possible with Nvidia gpu's? I have a Dell XPS 15 with a Nvidia 420m. Can't get audio or video to play on my Optoma HD66 when using a Denon AVR 590. It works when I go straight to the projector. But I need audio over hdmi.

Thanks in advance.
post #2317 of 4008 Old 04-13-2011, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Yes, it works on Nvidia GPUs.

post #2318 of 4008 Old 04-14-2011, 02:31 PM

Hi

This is probably a stupid question but there is something I don't understand in the instructions you have in the OP.

Running moninfo for my TV and creating the inf file gives me HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"0" data and HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"1" data.
When I run moninfo for my AV, the inf contains only HKR,EDID_OVERRIDE,"0" data.

How do I combine the two into one inf file? Should the AV give me "1" too (so I am doing something wrong)?

My TV is Samsung UE40B6000VWXXU and my AV is Samsung HT-C453.

I have attached the files in case my explanations didn't make sense.

I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Desktop.zip 2.1328125k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Desktop.zip (2.1 KB, 0 views)
post #2319 of 4008 Old 04-14-2011, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

AFAIK Samsung AVRs may give bad EDIDs. Try the attached EDID override.

Samsung UE40B6000VWXXU + Full AUDIO Block.zip 1.2607421875k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Samsung UE40B6000VWXXU + Full AUDIO Block.zip (1.3 KB, 2 views)

post #2320 of 4008 Old 04-15-2011, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post
AFAIK Samsung AVRs may give bad EDIDs. Try the attached EDID override.
I had the full audio edid from another site and tried it myself. Tried the file you attached as well. The card's HDMI audio properties show support for 8 channels and all audio formats and frequencies but I can only get sound when I set my speakers to Stereo.

Is there something else I need to set? I tried all the settings on my AV in case that was blocking the signal. :/
post #2321 of 4008 Old 04-15-2011, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Which player? Do you get Windows test tones for all speakers? For MC disable "Sounds when navigating MC" and set it to 2 channels. Are you sure that the Samsung AVR HDMI is not set to pass-through the TV audio?

post #2322 of 4008 Old 04-15-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:

Which player? Do you get Windows test tones for all speakers? For MC disable "Sounds when navigating MC" and set it to 2 channels. Are you sure that the Samsung AVR HDMI is not set to pass-through the TV audio?

I'm using Media player classic. Windows test tones are heard only from the front left and right. Tried both 5.1 and 7.1 just in case.

I'm not sure how to check the pass-through on the AVR... I'll check the manual.

The gxf card's HDMI goes to the TV and the TV's optical goes to the AVR. Do I have my setup wrong?
post #2323 of 4008 Old 04-15-2011, 08:33 PM

Hopefully you guys can help, I've been bashing my head against this for a while.

Been trying to make some custom INF files to get my Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD working but so far its failed to work. Locked up PowerDVD 10 Ultra someting fierce. Perhaps I am doing something wrong with the EDID file. I attached the two raw INF files I got from Moninfo. If you have any info that can help, I would apprecieate it.

LG LG42X - Onkyo HT-R380.zip 2.32421875k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip LG LG42X - Onkyo HT-R380.zip (2.3 KB, 0 views)
post #2324 of 4008 Old 04-16-2011, 04:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomichurdle View Post
Hopefully you guys can help, I've been bashing my head against this for a while.

Been trying to make some custom INF files to get my Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD working but so far its failed to work. Locked up PowerDVD 10 Ultra someting fierce. Perhaps I am doing something wrong with the EDID file. I attached the two raw INF files I got from Moninfo. If you have any info that can help, I would apprecieate it.
Mod attached ...

LG LG42X - ONKYO HT-R380.zip 1.2255859375k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip LG LG42X - ONKYO HT-R380.zip (1.2 KB, 0 views)

post #2325 of 4008 Old 04-16-2011, 10:36 AM

Is there any known issues with bittstreaming the ati 5450 to anonkyo tx-sr805? I can't seem to get the thing to send the signal to the avr to decode.
post #2326 of 4008 Old 04-16-2011, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am confused about this issue and have posted on the Onkyo 608 forum as well but among the Asus 5870v2, LG 42LD550, LG BD570 and Onk 608 I get different sound results from the same streaming movie.
I am not sure if it is the EDID problem of something else.
Through the BD player i stream a capable movie through the onkyo via HDMI and get perfectly recreated surround sound with the 2chan pcm signal netflix sends. But when i use the same netcast type app in the LG TV same 2ch pcm signal, i only get front channels through the onkyo. i have adjusted the onkyo ,with all hte suggestions i got in the forum to no avail. same signal only different results through the same avr. one difference is that the bd player had nothing to do with the gpu 5870 and the tv does as it has an hdmi connection from my pc as it is one monitor i use with the card through the onkyo.
I am not sure if it is one of the bitstreaming problems or not, since i am not really sure what all that means. i use the power dvd10 ultra mk2 for some video/dvd movies or iso and vlc player and had played blu ray movies through the pc in he bd rom i have in it. it seemed ok but , then , i am not really sure what or if i was missing anything.
i do not own blu ray movies but do get some now and then from netflix or would test for the master dts i get through the bd player stand alone i usually use now.
i have read the posts on the bitstreaming and just am not sure if my issue is related to that, now that i seem to have eliminated the configuration issues in the tv/onkyo/netcast app and optical cable. this tv does not support ARC, so i have to use the optical jack between the tv and avr. so, since it is not hdmi related, if it is associated with the troubled ATI/AMD 5800s or not and the EDID over ride would not be appropriate.
Thanks for your past suggestions
John Darcy

LG42LD550, ONKYO TX SR608, POLK M70s 7.1POLK 10"SUB, LG BD570, PINNACLE USB PVR-HD. GA990FXA UD3, SAPPHIRE HD 7950 OC 3Gb GDDR5, AMD FX-8150BE@4.0, 16Gb GSKILL DDR3 1600, SSD: CRUCIAL M4 128Gb, HDD: 3- 1TB SPINPOINT F3, WD4GB MY BOOK DUO LAN CLOUD , CISCO E3200, TP LINK 8PORT SWITCH; CISCO DOCS3.0
post #2327 of 4008 Old 04-16-2011, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS. View Post

Is there any known issues with bittstreaming the ati 5450 to anonkyo tx-sr805? I can't seem to get the thing to send the signal to the avr to decode.

No issues.

post #2328 of 4008 Old 04-16-2011, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniedoo View Post

I am confused about this issue and have posted on the Onkyo 608 forum as well but among the Asus 5870v2, LG 42LD550, LG BD570 and Onk 608 I get different sound results from the same streaming movie.
I am not sure if it is the EDID problem of something else.
Through the BD player i stream a capable movie through the onkyo via HDMI and get perfectly recreated surround sound with the 2chan pcm signal netflix sends. But when i use the same netcast type app in the LG TV same 2ch pcm signal, i only get front channels through the onkyo. i have adjusted the onkyo ,with all hte suggestions i got in the forum to no avail. same signal only different results through the same avr. one difference is that the bd player had nothing to do with the gpu 5870 and the tv does as it has an hdmi connection from my pc as it is one monitor i use with the card through the onkyo.
I am not sure if it is one of the bitstreaming problems or not, since i am not really sure what all that means. i use the power dvd10 ultra mk2 for some video/dvd movies or iso and vlc player and had played blu ray movies through the pc in he bd rom i have in it. it seemed ok but , then , i am not really sure what or if i was missing anything.
i do not own blu ray movies but do get some now and then from netflix or would test for the master dts i get through the bd player stand alone i usually use now.
i have read the posts on the bitstreaming and just am not sure if my issue is related to that, now that i seem to have eliminated the configuration issues in the tv/onkyo/netcast app and optical cable. this tv does not support ARC, so i have to use the optical jack between the tv and avr. so, since it is not hdmi related, if it is associated with the troubled ATI/AMD 5800s or not and the EDID over ride would not be appropriate.
Thanks for your past suggestions
John Darcy

As far as I can understand the problem is between the TV app and the Onkyo, nothing to do with the HTPC, and due to the TV EDID (2 channels).

post #2329 of 4008 Old 04-16-2011, 05:02 PM

Override for the Onkyo HRT-308 works great. Dolby TrueHD does sound so much better than the DTS.

It seems Onkyo receivers tend to be the issue. Their EDID was not designed to interface with computers. I'm gonna talk to AMD/ATI Level 2 and see if they have any ideas on why just the Onkyo receivers have issues. When I talked to Onkyo, they said they didn't do anything with computers and left it at that.
post #2330 of 4008 Old 04-16-2011, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomichurdle View Post

Override for the Onkyo HRT-308 works great. Dolby TrueHD does sound so much better than the DTS.

It seems Onkyo receivers tend to be the issue. Their EDID was not designed to interface with computers. I'm gonna talk to AMD/ATI Level 2 and see if they have any ideas on why just the Onkyo receivers have issues. When I talked to Onkyo, they said they didn't do anything with computers and left it at that.

Issue is explained in 1st. post: it's a bug with the ATI drivers parsing LPCM-6 SADs. I only replace it with a LPCM-8 SAD to make it work. It happens with every 5.1 AVR out there.

post #2331 of 4008 Old 04-17-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:

As far as I can understand the problem is between the TV app and the Onkyo, nothing to do with the HTPC, and due to the TV EDID (2 channels).

Thank you. I am a brand new , novice, at this stuff and havent any idea what edid is, means or how to fix them
i see there is a forum for that kind of thing. I do not know what i would have done had i not found this forum, after a year of looking for answers and calling the manufacturer's 800 #s. I didnt even know i was missing some things until i looked here and checked it out.
I have been lucky that most of the things and products work out pretty well only i might have mis connected something or not hooked it up at all.
I have downloaded an LG to Onkyo edid written at the beginning of the thread, could this make any difference?
I guess the bd player and onkyo have different rules since the HD movies play in the Audyssey dsx all 8channels all the time and the PLIIz as well as long as the movie has it. normal dolby movies only play in the front channels though.
maybe some day i will figure it all out
Thank you for your assistance.
John Darcy
PS:
I attempted the EDID override and followed directions from the beginning and it looked right but i lost monitors totally. i did a restore point and everything is back to where it was just before i started to process. I was afraid something would go wrong so i made sure i was prepared . but how can i find out why i lost displays totally. I only changed the one and left a driver for the other monitor (samsung) it seemed easy and clear until it didnt work.
John Darcy

LG42LD550, ONKYO TX SR608, POLK M70s 7.1POLK 10"SUB, LG BD570, PINNACLE USB PVR-HD. GA990FXA UD3, SAPPHIRE HD 7950 OC 3Gb GDDR5, AMD FX-8150BE@4.0, 16Gb GSKILL DDR3 1600, SSD: CRUCIAL M4 128Gb, HDD: 3- 1TB SPINPOINT F3, WD4GB MY BOOK DUO LAN CLOUD , CISCO E3200, TP LINK 8PORT SWITCH; CISCO DOCS3.0
post #2332 of 4008 Old 04-18-2011, 05:47 AM

I have an Optoma HD 66 and a Denon AVR590. I get no audio or video when I use the AVR. Signal is great when I go directly from pc to the projector, but obviously no audio. I like to hear my movies. Is the an edid issue? I tried the 2 Denon Optoma files on page 1, neither worked. Any suggestions.
post #2333 of 4008 Old 04-18-2011, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Thank you. I am a brand new , novice, at this stuff and havent any idea what edid is, means or how to fix them
i see there is a forum for that kind of thing. I do not know what i would have done had i not found this forum, after a year of looking for answers and calling the manufacturer's 800 #s. I didnt even know i was missing some things until i looked here and checked it out.
I have been lucky that most of the things and products work out pretty well only i might have mis connected something or not hooked it up at all.
I have downloaded an LG to Onkyo edid written at the beginning of the thread, could this make any difference?
I guess the bd player and onkyo have different rules since the HD movies play in the Audyssey dsx all 8channels all the time and the PLIIz as well as long as the movie has it. normal dolby movies only play in the front channels though.
maybe some day i will figure it all out
Thank you for your assistance.
John Darcy
PS:
I attempted the EDID override and followed directions from the beginning and it looked right but i lost monitors totally. i did a restore point and everything is back to where it was just before i started to process. I was afraid something would go wrong so i made sure i was prepared . but how can i find out why i lost displays totally. I only changed the one and left a driver for the other monitor (samsung) it seemed easy and clear until it didnt work.
John Darcy

But your issue is getting only 2 channels with a TV application over the Onkyo, right? OTH an EDID override would be required if the EDID (i.e. the video and audio specs of your digital media device) is not properly detected by the HTPC OS/drivers interfase. This doesn't seem to be the case here.

post #2334 of 4008 Old 04-18-2011, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkhcmc View Post

I have an Optoma HD 66 and a Denon AVR590. I get no audio or video when I use the AVR. Signal is great when I go directly from pc to the projector, but obviously no audio. I like to hear my movies. Is the an edid issue? I tried the 2 Denon Optoma files on page 1, neither worked. Any suggestions.

Post the Optoma full 256-EDID for a custom EDID override.

post #2335 of 4008 Old 04-18-2011, 10:41 PM

Hey Mate

I have read your thread and was wondering if you would be able to help me bitstream hd audio for a bluray from a HD6970 to a Marantz SR6005 connected by HDMI. The Marantz is connected via HDMI to a Panasonic Plasma THP54V20a.

I am using PowerDVD 10 and my receiver only seems to come up showing either DTS surround or Dolby Digital. I do not get HD-MA or TrueHD.

ANy help or advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
post #2336 of 4008 Old 04-19-2011, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntz23 View Post
Hey Mate

I have read your thread and was wondering if you would be able to help me bitstream hd audio for a bluray from a HD6970 to a Marantz SR6005 connected by HDMI. The Marantz is connected via HDMI to a Panasonic Plasma THP54V20a.

I am using PowerDVD 10 and my receiver only seems to come up showing either DTS surround or Dolby Digital. I do not get HD-MA or TrueHD.

ANy help or advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Some general, basic troubleshooting:

1. First of all make sure to have the native ATI HDMI audio device as the only audio device installed. Disable any onboard audio in the BIOS (you may enable it later if you need to).

2. Are all sound formats being detected by the driver (check the "Supported formats" tab on the HDMI audio device properties). If you see all formats then you won't require an EDID override at all to bitstream HD audio.

3. Do you get third audio option in PDVD audio settings during playback?

4. If only 2 channels are being detected then check the AVR HDMI setup so that no passthrough of TV audio is enabled.

5. If HDMI setup is OK on the AVR then maybe an EDID override could help. See if you find an EDID override listed in 1st. post that closely matches your display device specs. If not then post the full 256-EDID of both the display device and AVR for a custom EDID override.

post #2337 of 4008 Old 04-19-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:

But your issue is getting only 2 channels with a TV application over the Onkyo, right? OTH an EDID override would be required if the EDID (i.e. the video and audio specs of your digital media device) is not properly detected by the HTPC OS/drivers interfase. This doesn't seem to be the case here.

Thanks for the insight. I have gone nuts reading pgs 31 and 51, 52 and more over and over. it is so confusing as to when arc should be off or tv audio control off or on. and, believe me, i have experimented around for some time.
i learned that the netcast app through the tv is separate from the tv intself. nothing seems to work with them even from inside the tv. the audio and video controls are cut back and some functions dont work in there. i will have to take this up with LG again.
onkyo says that the tv sound will only come through the avr 2 front speakers if i have the speakers on , or is it off....
I thought i would try the edid over ride because there are issues of being able to get the listening modes to function properly. if i play a dvd with 5.1 and 2.0 stereo, i can only get the surround modes to function is if i choose the 2.0 stereo i would think it would be easier to convert the 5.1 dts to 7.1 than the 2.0. but i had read other posts about these 5.1 avr and the amd 5800 (or more ati's) issues. for me it had been confusing as to which were playing as they should and which werent. Some blu rays with master-hd seem fine, some dvds sound and seem fine , while others will not play in 7.1 and may even have dead tracks where no sound comes out at all through them while playing other tracks unless i change the speaker set up to 2 or 4.
I had hoped the override would resolve some issues but you have said it seems to be functioning ok and i know i must have done something wrong when i installed it since i made both monitors disappear and had to do the restore through safe mode. i wish i could find out how to make the thing play as it should

Thank you for your help
j.darcy

post #2338 of 4008 Old 04-19-2011, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Thanks for the insight. I have gone nuts reading pgs 31 and 51, 52 and more over and over. it is so confusing as to when arc should be off or tv audio control off or on. and, believe me, i have experimented around for some time.
i learned that the netcast app through the tv is separate from the tv intself. nothing seems to work with them even from inside the tv. the audio and video controls are cut back and some functions dont work in there. i will have to take this up with LG again.
onkyo says that the tv sound will only come through the avr 2 front speakers if i have the speakers on , or is it off....
I thought i would try the edid over ride because there are issues of being able to get the listening modes to function properly. if i play a dvd with 5.1 and 2.0 stereo, i can only get the surround modes to function is if i choose the 2.0 stereo i would think it would be easier to convert the 5.1 dts to 7.1 than the 2.0. but i had read other posts about these 5.1 avr and the amd 5800 (or more ati's) issues. for me it had been confusing as to which were playing as they should and which werent. Some blu rays with master-hd seem fine, some dvds sound and seem fine , while others will not play in 7.1 and may even have dead tracks where no sound comes out at all through them while playing other tracks unless i change the speaker set up to 2 or 4.
I had hoped the override would resolve some issues but you have said it seems to be functioning ok and i know i must have done something wrong when i installed it since i made both monitors disappear and had to do the restore through safe mode. i wish i could find out how to make the thing play as it should

Thank you for your help
j.darcy

What is your player in the HTPC?

And yes, if you already get DTS-HD MA bitstreaming fine then you definitely do not need an EDID override.

post #2339 of 4008 Old 04-21-2011, 02:17 PM

Ok, I'll just repost my post from another thread since I suspect this could be an EDID issue, but I'm not sure...

I currently have integrated Radeon HD 4290 on my motherboard with a Denon AVR 1611. I have latest drivers installed, and Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with all the latest updates.

My AVR picks up PCM sound via HDMI for example from Spotify perfectly, and plays it on stereo as it should. But if I try to play a video clip (.mkv etc) with Dolby Digital or DTS audio I get no sound at all.

I found a partial solution for this problem: If I go to Device manager and disable HDMI audio device and then immediately enable it, and then try to play the video clip the audio works just fine. AVR receives the audio and decodes it to DTS, DD etc. as necessary. But every time I reboot my PC I have to repeat this disable/enable step, which is very annoying. Since last time I have ditched Media Player Classic Home Cinema and switched to latest VLC player, but the problem isn't in the player...

Cables are fine, and I recall I didn't have these problems last year with 10.x Catalyst drivers, but I don't know where to start with drivers. I have tried 10.10 and 10.12 but problem remains.

Earlier I had HD 3650 with Denon AVR 1610 and had the exactly same problem. I've had this new setup only for a week, but I already ran into this same problem.

Any help or ideas how to resolve this? I also contacted AMD support to hear what they comment on this issue.
post #2340 of 4008 Old 04-21-2011, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Check the Supported Formats tab in the HDMI audio device properties when you get no sound. If you dont't see DD and DTS listed there then there's an EDID detection issue that could be fixed with an EDID override.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page