EDID Overrides to solve bitstreaming issues for ATI 5xxx's - Page 98 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #2911 of 4009 Old 01-19-2012, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes, i get HD audio over Ati HDMI > AVR > TV connection with the same AVR settings. In this case, i can not get 3D for sure since my AVR is 1.3.

Chronical Tester
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2912 of 4009 Old 01-23-2012, 08:08 AM

Hi,

I own ONKYO Htx-22hdx + Onkyo SKS-22X linked via HDMi into ATI HD5670. During playback bluray with DTS-HD MA audio on PowerDVD 10 or 11 reciever shows only DTS 5.1

in audio settings of PowerDVD 11 I choose non-decoded high-definition audio to external deviced but when movie playing it switch to DD/DTS audio and that is what ONKYO show on the display, and there is no way how to switch to non-decoded high-definition audio.

my HD audio device and Catalyst are latest, everything works fine but not non-decoded HD audio

please hlep me, i am desperate
post #2913 of 4009 Old 01-23-2012, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Try an older AMD driver (e. g. 11.4). PDVD11 has issues with latest versions.

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
post #2914 of 4009 Old 01-23-2012, 09:05 AM

thank u, but not helping, still the same

No TrueHD and no DTS-HD MA

ive try a several catalysts
post #2915 of 4009 Old 01-23-2012, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Well, it's a PDVD11/driver problem. Try a clean driver install, and perhaps reinstall PDVD11.

Also, download trial of AnyDVDHD if applicable, for problem could be HDCP detection by PDVD11.

post #2916 of 4009 Old 01-23-2012, 09:32 AM

well i think its anything else, i try a lot of multimedia players such as TMT5, MPC HC (with ffdshow and settings), KMPlayer, PowerDVD 10,11 (reinstall too)

such as many drivers, but not successfuly
post #2917 of 4009 Old 01-23-2012, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladik1983 View Post

well i think its anything else, i try a lot of multimedia players such as TMT5, MPC HC (with ffdshow and settings), KMPlayer, PowerDVD 10,11 (reinstall too)

such as many drivers, but not successfuly

Are all audio formats listed on the HDMI sound device properties panel?

post #2918 of 4009 Old 01-23-2012, 10:22 AM

yes, all formats are supported (DTS Audio, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital)

and sampling frequency up to 192
post #2919 of 4009 Old 01-23-2012, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

So EDID detection is fine. Try troubleshooting one single player, e. g. MPC-HC, and try to setting it up correctly (there are many guides out there), but a safe solution is using LAV filters (splitter & decoders). Then make sure that:

1. Last version of MPC-HC is installed (use 32 bits).
2. LAV splitter and decoders are set to "preferred". Set LAV audio decoder to bitstream all formats.
3. Check during playback that correct filters are engaged (right-clicking on the player window and selecting "filters").

This is it. It should work.

post #2920 of 4009 Old 01-24-2012, 12:37 AM

thx, but i am not able to play movie in DTS with MPC-HC, let alone the DTS-HD MA

maybe i am a noob
post #2921 of 4009 Old 01-25-2012, 12:22 AM

I am having issues with htpc >HDMI Splitter
HDMI Out 1 to Denon amp > hdmi to LG 60" 3D tv
HDMI Out 2 to LG 42" tv
HDMI Out 3 to Samsung 32" tv

I have used you one of your panasonic/denon avr override which gave me the ability to have 5.1 channel audio instead of stereo only, the problem is now with either the 42 or 32 inch tv's not playing live tv audio on some channels and mkv files.

Is there a possible work around for this? or would I need to buy hdmi av receivers for the other 2 TV's? and if I had to would there be an issue having 1 devon and 2 onkyo av receivers?
post #2922 of 4009 Old 01-25-2012, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakie View Post

I am having issues with htpc >HDMI Splitter
HDMI Out 1 to Denon amp > hdmi to LG 60" 3D tv
HDMI Out 2 to LG 42" tv
HDMI Out 3 to Samsung 32" tv

I have used you one of your panasonic/denon avr override which gave me the ability to have 5.1 channel audio instead of stereo only, the problem is now with either the 42 or 32 inch tv's not playing live tv audio on some channels and mkv files.

Is there a possible work around for this? or would I need to buy hdmi av receivers for the other 2 TV's? and if I had to would there be an issue having 1 devon and 2 onkyo av receivers?

With a splitter there's only one EDID for all three TVs. If the Denon AMP is 3D only possible solution is an EDID override with a merge of the LG 3D TV EDID + audio from the DENON. Hopefully you'll have no video issues with the Samsung TV.

If this is the case post the native EDIDs of the LG 3D TV and Denon AVR and I'll do the merge for you to try.

Otherwise use an HDMI switch instead of a splitter. Additionally, if the Denon AVR is HDMI 1.3 read update on 1st. post.

post #2923 of 4009 Old 01-26-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post
With a splitter there's only one EDID for all three TVs. If the Denon AMP is 3D only possible solution is an EDID override with a merge of the LG 3D TV EDID + audio from the DENON. Hopefully you'll have no video issues with the Samsung TV.

If this is the case post the native EDIDs of the LG 3D TV and Denon AVR and I'll do the merge for you to try.

Otherwise use an HDMI switch instead of a splitter. Additionally, if the Denon AVR is HDMI 1.3 read update on 1st. post.
Denon Amp is 3D capable 1.4 HDMI
Cables are HDMI 1.4 but I have not upgraded to a 1.4 HDMI capable splitter yet (next on the list)

Attached are the EDIDs as requested

Denon AVR.txt 3.009765625k . file

LG 3D.txt 3.005859375k . file
Attached Files
File Type: txt LG 3D.txt (3.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Denon AVR.txt (3.0 KB, 2 views)
post #2924 of 4009 Old 01-26-2012, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakie View Post
Denon Amp is 3D capable 1.4 HDMI
Cables are HDMI 1.4 but I have not upgraded to a 1.4 HDMI capable splitter yet (next on the list)

Attached are the EDIDs as requested

LG 3D - DENON AVR.zip 1.2529296875k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip LG 3D - DENON AVR.zip (1.3 KB, 5 views)

post #2925 of 4009 Old 01-26-2012, 11:07 PM

Hi Tulli,

Firstly, thankyou for all of the hard work you have obviously put in helping out noobs like myself. I was hoping you could help me out with a problem I'm having which I think could be related to EDID:

I just bought a brand new laptop which I want to use as a media center (xbmc) with my HD tv and 5.1 receiver.

Here is my setup:

HP ProBook 4525s -> HDMI -> Soniq 32" HDTV (cheapo brand) -> S/PDIF Coax -> Sony 5.1 receiver (DD/DTS capable)

The graphics card on the laptop is a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470. The AMD website claims that its 7.1 capable but my laptop will only send stereo over HDMI. In the sound settings of Win7 64-bit the only option is stereo, no 5.1 option available. I have tried upgrading to the latest drivers from the AMD website but no difference.

Do you think this problem is related to EDID? Do you know how I'd go about fixing this issue?

Many thanks in advance!
post #2926 of 4009 Old 01-27-2012, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodean88 View Post

Hi Tulli,

Firstly, thankyou for all of the hard work you have obviously put in helping out noobs like myself. I was hoping you could help me out with a problem I'm having which I think could be related to EDID:

I just bought a brand new laptop which I want to use as a media center (xbmc) with my HD tv and 5.1 receiver.

Here is my setup:

HP ProBook 4525s -> HDMI -> Soniq 32" HDTV (cheapo brand) -> S/PDIF Coax -> Sony 5.1 receiver (DD/DTS capable)

The graphics card on the laptop is a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470. The AMD website claims that its 7.1 capable but my laptop will only send stereo over HDMI. In the sound settings of Win7 64-bit the only option is stereo, no 5.1 option available. I have tried upgrading to the latest drivers from the AMD website but no difference.

Do you think this problem is related to EDID? Do you know how I'd go about fixing this issue?

Many thanks in advance!

Are DD or DTS listed? Read update on 1st. post. No 5.1 (LPCM) option is correct for S/PDIF (not enough bandwidth for multichannel uncompressed, LPCM, audio). What you need to do is send, via the application, a compressed audio stream (DD or DTS). However, if DD and DTS are not listed an EDID override is needed to enable them.

post #2927 of 4009 Old 01-27-2012, 04:22 PM

Hi, I have system with a Monoprice 5312

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

My PC connects to my AVR through an optical jack so no worries on the sound but I can't get either my EPSON projector or Panasonic Plasma to detect.

Without the switch they show up fine. I created the infs and installed the drivers and they showed up in the device manager, but when I put the Monoprice back in the middle they're gone and I don't see how to force the detection. What am I missing?

Thanks,
-Orson
post #2928 of 4009 Old 01-27-2012, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by orsonh View Post

Hi, I have system with a Monoprice 5312

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

My PC connects to my AVR through an optical jack so no worries on the sound but I can't get either my EPSON projector or Panasonic Plasma to detect.

Without the switch they show up fine. I created the infs and installed the drivers and they showed up in the device manager, but when I put the Monoprice back in the middle they're gone and I don't see how to force the detection. What am I missing?

Thanks,
-Orson

With the Monoprice in the chain override the GenericPnP detected in each case with the appropriate .inf file. Reboot after install. It should work.

post #2929 of 4009 Old 01-27-2012, 09:30 PM

Hi Tulli,

Thanks for your fast response. I know I won't be able to pass 5.1 uncompressed audio over S/PDIF but thats ok with me, 5.1 DD and DTS are a must though.

DD/DTS aren't listed (see the attached screenshots). As you can see I tried installing the generic LCD - Sony AVR EDID override which didn't cause any video issues but also didn't solve the surround sound issue. I've since rolled back to the standard driver. I've also attatched the EDID for my Soniq LCD TV as a (.bin) and a (.inf) file. Could you please modify it so that DD/DTS 5.1 are enabled?

Many thanks!
LL
LL
LL

Soniq.zip 1.5419921875k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Soniq.zip (1.5 KB, 1 views)
post #2930 of 4009 Old 01-28-2012, 04:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodean88 View Post
Hi Tulli,

Thanks for your fast response. I know I won't be able to pass 5.1 uncompressed audio over S/PDIF but thats ok with me, 5.1 DD and DTS are a must though.

DD/DTS aren't listed (see the attached screenshots). As you can see I tried installing the generic LCD - Sony AVR EDID override which didn't cause any video issues but also didn't solve the surround sound issue. I've since rolled back to the standard driver. I've also attatched the EDID for my Soniq LCD TV as a (.bin) and a (.inf) file. Could you please modify it so that DD/DTS 5.1 are enabled?

Many thanks!

Soniq+6AC3+6DTS.zip 1.2109375k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Soniq+6AC3+6DTS.zip (1.2 KB, 2 views)

post #2931 of 4009 Old 01-28-2012, 09:31 PM

Thanks Tulli!

I finally have it working after much fiddling.

FYI, it turns out my problem was twofold. First I installed the EDID override you provided and nothing changed. I then rolled back to the default monitor driver. Finally I decided to uninstall the driver for the "High Definition Audio Device" and then reinstall the latest drivers for the ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5470 graphics card from the AMD website. When I restarted the sound device had been renamed to "AMD High Definition Audio Device". Again, there was nothing under supported encoded formats. Lastly I installed your EDID override again and presto - DTS Audio and Dolby Digital appeared under encoded formats. I now have working 5.1 surround sound from XBMC. For your reference, I've attached some screenshots of the final config.

The whole thing is very frustrating. It's so crazy that manuafcturers can't supply you a brand new PC with the correct drivers installed. Also, there must be thousands of people wanting to pass DD/DTS through their TVs and onto the receivers. I have to use this config because my cheap receiver doesn't take HDMI. So the whole EDID system is poorly designed in my opinion.

Thanks again!
LL
LL
post #2932 of 4009 Old 01-30-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:

With the Monoprice in the chain override the GenericPnP detected in each case with the appropriate .inf file. Reboot after install. It should work.

Still no go. I have computer monitor hooked up to the VGA port, is that screwing things up? I don't have any other way to see the screen when the HDMI displays aren't working. By the way, my video card is a Radeon HD 4350.
post #2933 of 4009 Old 01-31-2012, 09:40 AM

One other question. Are people using the DVI ports on their video cards with an adapter or do they use the HDMI port on the video card and does it make any difference?

Thanks,
-Orson
post #2934 of 4009 Old 01-31-2012, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by orsonh View Post

One other question. Are people using the DVI ports on their video cards with an adapter or do they use the HDMI port on the video card and does it make any difference?

Thanks,
-Orson

No difference.

post #2935 of 4009 Old 02-01-2012, 03:27 PM

I'm feeling good about this thread..and slightly mind blown that I've never seen it before.

So I'm curious if I qualify for an override or if this problem can be completely eliminated by the Gefen Detective:

I have an MSI E-350 AMD APU with HDMI going to 1 of the 2 HDMI IN ports of my Onkyo TX-SR605 receiver. I also have HDMI connected to the HDMI out port of the SR605 connected to 1 of 4 HDMI in connections on my Pioneer Kuro PDP-5080 tv. I have NEVER, in Win 7 nor Openelec linux distro, gotten HDMI to work....with one exception.

If I play a movie on XBMC and change the input on my Kuro TV to one of the 3 empty HDMI slots the video will go blank (duh!) and I will hear HDMI audio playing. If I switch back to the appropriate TV input both audio & video will be dead.

It's been a gigantic nightmare, and I can't even provide the number of days I've lost to trying dozens and dozens of solutions off the net.

Kill your doubts; with the coldest of weapons, confidence. - Incubus
post #2936 of 4009 Old 02-01-2012, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanborn View Post

I'm feeling good about this thread..and slightly mind blown that I've never seen it before.

So I'm curious if I qualify for an override or if this problem can be completely eliminated by the Gefen Detective:

I have an MSI E-350 AMD APU with HDMI going to 1 of the 2 HDMI IN ports of my Onkyo TX-SR605 receiver. I also have HDMI connected to the HDMI out port of the SR605 connected to 1 of 4 HDMI in connections on my Pioneer Kuro PDP-5080 tv. I have NEVER, in Win 7 nor Openelec linux distro, gotten HDMI to work....with one exception.

If I play a movie on XBMC and change the input on my Kuro TV to one of the 3 empty HDMI slots the video will go blank (duh!) and I will hear HDMI audio playing. If I switch back to the appropriate TV input both audio & video will be dead.

It's been a gigantic nightmare, and I can't even provide the number of days I've lost to trying dozens and dozens of solutions off the net.

That's weird. Have you tried changing HDMI cables, switching to different ports, on both the AVR or the Kuro? Or connecting directly to the Kuro? Maybe the issue is with the 605? Does it work with a standalone BD player, PS3, etc.?

Anyway, there's a list of EDID overrides in 1st. post, some of them for Kuros. Try one, even if its matched with a DENON AVR. They will work fine over the Onkyo.

post #2937 of 4009 Old 02-01-2012, 04:22 PM

Sorry, my original post accidentally says I've never gotten HDMI to work.

What I meant to say is, I've never had HDMI AUDIO work on the HTPC.

My AT&T cable box, X360, Roku Player, and PS3 at one time have all worked flawlessly on this receiver and that includes HDMI audio. It's only this AMD HTPC that has issues.

Kill your doubts; with the coldest of weapons, confidence. - Incubus
post #2938 of 4009 Old 02-01-2012, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanborn View Post

Sorry, my original post accidentally says I've never gotten HDMI to work.

What I meant to say is, I've never had HDMI AUDIO work on the HTPC.

My AT&T cable box, X360, Roku Player, and PS3 at one time have all worked flawlessly on this receiver and that includes HDMI audio. It's only this AMD HTPC that has issues.

Which formats are listed on the HDMI audio properties panel? What number of channels? Is the Onkyo HDMI set to not passthrough TV audio? Otherwise the audio descriptor will be passed as 2 channels, LPCM (stereo only).

post #2939 of 4009 Old 02-05-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:

Here you go ...

Thanks to all of you and particullary Tulli;
This file works for me : denon avr1910, optoma hd300x, amd radeon hd6850 + hdmi splitter, without any other "trick" during playback. (channel change or switch off/on AVR like in the video), HD audio and 3D work both directly.
I tried all configs with my radeon outputs (HDMI+displayport), but this seems the only solution for me.
Thanks again !!
post #2940 of 4009 Old 02-06-2012, 04:41 PM

Hi guys,

I have Denon AVR-2112CI and nVidia GeForce 210 card with which I'm having EDID issues. Whenever I turn AVR and TV off.. I can't get signal back on the TV. I previously used this TV with different PC without the AVR and it worked perfectly fine so I'm sure the problem is in the receiver and PC handshaking. I captured EDID with MonInfo and updated the driver, but that didn't really help much.

Is there anything else I can do before ordering Gefen HDMI Detective and try solving the problem that way? I really do not want to spend $90 right now

Thanks in advance
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page