Hmm.......moral of the story??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 84 Old 02-14-2011, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
has anyone come up with an s3 resume fix with this. The receiver light just turns off. But my other mouse can wake this just fine.
post #63 of 84 Old 03-17-2011, 12:40 PM

I'm getting really horrible range on this thing; around 6 or 7 feet with nothing blocking the line of sight. Is this typical? Also, I've noticed that if my left hand covers the upper left hand corner of the unit, range drops down to just like 3 feet.

I want to see if anyone has a similar experience before I return it.
post #64 of 84 Old 03-17-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smetoyer View Post

I'm getting really horrible range on this thing; around 6 or 7 feet with nothing blocking the line of sight. Is this typical? Also, I've noticed that if my left hand covers the upper left hand corner of the unit, range drops down to just like 3 feet.

I want to see if anyone has a similar experience before I return it.

Do you have the RF or bluetooth version? I have the bluetooth one, but it's an issue with the dongle, not the keyboard. Plugged in to my laptop it's the same, around 6 ft range, but when it's paired with my PS3 I can use it in the next room 20+ feet away. I think I'm going to try to find a better bluetooth dongle and hope it fixes the problem.
post #65 of 84 Old 03-17-2011, 01:43 PM

I just rec'd mine today from Amazon, seems to work okay, however when I switch to off it still is on...am I missing something?
post #66 of 84 Old 03-17-2011, 01:46 PM

How do you know if it's a knock off?

I found on locally on a classified site for $35 new in the box....really tempting but if it's a knock off, I really need it to wake from standby. lol
post #67 of 84 Old 03-17-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latenter View Post

Do you have the RF or bluetooth version? I have the bluetooth one, but it's an issue with the dongle, not the keyboard. Plugged in to my laptop it's the same, around 6 ft range, but when it's paired with my PS3 I can use it in the next room 20+ feet away. I think I'm going to try to find a better bluetooth dongle and hope it fixes the problem.

Unfortunately, I have the RF one. The receiver is down at floor level; I'm going to try to put it up at TV / couch level with an extension and see if that helps.
post #68 of 84 Old 04-01-2011, 09:51 PM

I just got mine today (the RF version), through Amazon, I gave it a full charge before attempting to use it. I plugged the dongle into my laptop's USB port and it loaded the drivers. After that I turned the keyboard on and...nothing. it won't connect. It's about six inches away from the dongle. The keyboard backlight just blinks on and off every few seconds. I tried changing the channel, but I still can't get it to connect (at least I don't think it will. The RF light on the keyboard is orange, and they green light on the dongle flickers when I plug it into the USB port, but nothing after that.).

Any advice?
post #69 of 84 Old 04-02-2011, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Try putting the USB dongle in a different port or even just unplugging it and plugging it back in the same port. You should see a notification balloon telling you that the drivers are being installed when you plug it in.

post #70 of 84 Old 04-02-2011, 09:03 AM

I tried several different USB ports, and nothing happened. I plugged it into my wife's laptop and it loaded the drivers (just as on mine), but once they were loaded it did nothing. The back light kept blinking and it wouldn't link up with the dongle.

If I plug in the dongle and open devices and printers, the micro keyboard shows as a device.
post #71 of 84 Old 04-02-2011, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

It appears to be the keyboard and not the dongle.

post #72 of 84 Old 04-02-2011, 09:29 AM

That makes sense...seems like it may need to get exchanged. If i get one that works I think this thing will be pretty sweet. It's the perfect size.
post #73 of 84 Old 04-02-2011, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

I've had good luck with this one but it doesn't seem to be RF because when I put the dongle on the back of the HTPC it didn't work and if I use it with anything in the way it is a bit glitchy. Other than that it has performed well.

post #74 of 84 Old 04-02-2011, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Is there some kind of 'Synch' or 'Connect' button on the keyboard? My Acer keyboard has one.
Woobieizer likes this.
post #75 of 84 Old 04-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latenter View Post

I tried that, made no difference with mine, terrible range. Too bad too, the setup and features are perfectly tailored to HTPC use, especially the backlight...
post #76 of 84 Old 04-05-2011, 09:54 AM

So I got the Rii N7, love the keyboard. I hate the range, it is horrible. I even got a 10' USB extension and ran the USB dongle near my couch, Still bad.

I popped the cap off the USB dongle and the antenna is pathetic. I see a lead point and am going to try and solder a copper wire onto it. 30mm is ideal but I am not sure I want a straight wire coming out of this thing. I may just try some speaker wire to start and see how it goes. Others are reporting improved range just by wrapping some copper wire around the end of the dongle.

If I decide to try this I will post pics and my results.
post #77 of 84 Old 08-01-2011, 07:02 PM

I just got this for my CarPC. What a POS...I regret getting rid of my Dinovo Mini. Everything seems to work alright...but 5 minutes into operation and the damn thing just seems to disconnect. Only way to fix it is unplug and replug it in. Anyone else have this problem?
post #78 of 84 Old 09-20-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknikk7 View Post

So I got the Rii N7, love the keyboard. I hate the range, it is horrible. I even got a 10' USB extension and ran the USB dongle near my couch, Still bad.

I popped the cap off the USB dongle and the antenna is pathetic. I see a lead point and am going to try and solder a copper wire onto it. 30mm is ideal but I am not sure I want a straight wire coming out of this thing. I may just try some speaker wire to start and see how it goes. Others are reporting improved range just by wrapping some copper wire around the end of the dongle.

If I decide to try this I will post pics and my results.

Did you have any success with that?
post #79 of 84 Old 10-23-2011, 09:55 AM

Hi guys I have an asrock vision 3D with a rii 2.4 ghz wireless keyboard, my issue with this thing is that it wont wort with the htpc, but it will work perfectly with the laptop so I dont know what to do. In the htpc says usb host controller driver not found, in my laptop it recognize the HID keyboard and HID mouse at the moment in connected the usb dongle.

Any ideas ?
post #80 of 84 Old 10-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviathan18 View Post

Hi guys I have an asrock vision 3D with a rii 2.4 ghz wireless keyboard, my issue with this thing is that it wont wort with the htpc, but it will work perfectly with the laptop so I dont know what to do. In the htpc says usb host controller driver not found, in my laptop it recognize the HID keyboard and HID mouse at the moment in connected the usb dongle.

Any ideas ?

Same OS on both computers ?

If not, I'd consider putting the OS that recognizes it on the HTPC, if that's an impossibility, then it seems its a driver issue and you'd need to hunt down the drivers and install them manually via Control Panel/Device Manager. The device should be in Device Manager now as an "Unknown Device" ....
post #81 of 84 Old 10-23-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by none74 View Post

Same OS on both computers ?

If not, I'd consider putting the OS that recognizes it on the HTPC, if that's an impossibility, then it seems its a driver issue and you'd need to hunt down the drivers and install them manually via Control Panel/Device Manager. The device should be in Device Manager now as an "Unknown Device" ....

yes both running windows 7 64bits, both updated I really don't know why the HTPC is behaving like this.

it doesnt say exactly unknown device only usb host controller problem is kinda weird.
post #82 of 84 Old 10-24-2011, 06:26 AM
Advanced Member

Is it the same chipset in both computers ? That's unlikely since one is a laptop and one is a desktop...If they're different, try getting the drivers for the chipset that is acting up from the manufacturer instead of using the ones Win7 installed automatically.
post #83 of 84 Old 10-24-2011, 10:34 PM

Thanks none74 I kinda feel like an idiot for not trying that one. Now it works like a charm, I will be able to enjoy more my little htpc

Great mini keyboard, glad I got it.
post #84 of 84 Old 04-29-2014, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post

Is there some kind of 'Synch' or 'Connect' button on the keyboard? My Acer keyboard has one.

Old advice is still relevant advice. Thanks olyteddy!!

Left: Put in use 29th April 2014
Upgrade Version! Rii® i8+ Wireless 2.4G Mini Keyboard

Right:
Hausbell Wireless 2.4G Mini Keyboard

Hold both FN + RF (F1) to synch
Reply Home Theater Computers