Rii Mini Wireless Keyboard - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 84 Old 01-28-2011, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kapone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 4,437
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOTL View Post

My 2.4 Rii knockoff from Amazon wont wake my HTPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSparks View Post

My 2.4Ghz Rii from Amazon wakes my PC up from S3 just fine

Hmm.......moral of the story??
kapone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 84 Old 02-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Member
 
updawg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
has anyone come up with an s3 resume fix with this. The receiver light just turns off. But my other mouse can wake this just fine.
updawg86 is offline  
post #63 of 84 Old 03-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Newbie
 
smetoyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm getting really horrible range on this thing; around 6 or 7 feet with nothing blocking the line of sight. Is this typical? Also, I've noticed that if my left hand covers the upper left hand corner of the unit, range drops down to just like 3 feet.

I want to see if anyone has a similar experience before I return it.
smetoyer is offline  
post #64 of 84 Old 03-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Member
 
Latenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smetoyer View Post

I'm getting really horrible range on this thing; around 6 or 7 feet with nothing blocking the line of sight. Is this typical? Also, I've noticed that if my left hand covers the upper left hand corner of the unit, range drops down to just like 3 feet.

I want to see if anyone has a similar experience before I return it.

Do you have the RF or bluetooth version? I have the bluetooth one, but it's an issue with the dongle, not the keyboard. Plugged in to my laptop it's the same, around 6 ft range, but when it's paired with my PS3 I can use it in the next room 20+ feet away. I think I'm going to try to find a better bluetooth dongle and hope it fixes the problem.
Latenter is offline  
post #65 of 84 Old 03-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Member
 
lashag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just rec'd mine today from Amazon, seems to work okay, however when I switch to off it still is on...am I missing something?
lashag is offline  
post #66 of 84 Old 03-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Member
 
joners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How do you know if it's a knock off?

I found on locally on a classified site for $35 new in the box....really tempting but if it's a knock off, I really need it to wake from standby. lol
joners is offline  
post #67 of 84 Old 03-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Newbie
 
smetoyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latenter View Post

Do you have the RF or bluetooth version? I have the bluetooth one, but it's an issue with the dongle, not the keyboard. Plugged in to my laptop it's the same, around 6 ft range, but when it's paired with my PS3 I can use it in the next room 20+ feet away. I think I'm going to try to find a better bluetooth dongle and hope it fixes the problem.

Unfortunately, I have the RF one. The receiver is down at floor level; I'm going to try to put it up at TV / couch level with an extension and see if that helps.
smetoyer is offline  
post #68 of 84 Old 04-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Member
 
wsumarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got mine today (the RF version), through Amazon, I gave it a full charge before attempting to use it. I plugged the dongle into my laptop's USB port and it loaded the drivers. After that I turned the keyboard on and...nothing. it won't connect. It's about six inches away from the dongle. The keyboard backlight just blinks on and off every few seconds. I tried changing the channel, but I still can't get it to connect (at least I don't think it will. The RF light on the keyboard is orange, and they green light on the dongle flickers when I plug it into the USB port, but nothing after that.).

Any advice?
wsumarine is offline  
post #69 of 84 Old 04-02-2011, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Sammy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Right next to Wineville, CA
Posts: 9,846
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Try putting the USB dongle in a different port or even just unplugging it and plugging it back in the same port. You should see a notification balloon telling you that the drivers are being installed when you plug it in.

Sammy2 is offline  
post #70 of 84 Old 04-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Member
 
wsumarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I tried several different USB ports, and nothing happened. I plugged it into my wife's laptop and it loaded the drivers (just as on mine), but once they were loaded it did nothing. The back light kept blinking and it wouldn't link up with the dongle.

If I plug in the dongle and open devices and printers, the micro keyboard shows as a device.
wsumarine is offline  
post #71 of 84 Old 04-02-2011, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Sammy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Right next to Wineville, CA
Posts: 9,846
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 190
It appears to be the keyboard and not the dongle.

Sammy2 is offline  
post #72 of 84 Old 04-02-2011, 09:29 AM
Member
 
wsumarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That makes sense...seems like it may need to get exchanged. If i get one that works I think this thing will be pretty sweet. It's the perfect size.
wsumarine is offline  
post #73 of 84 Old 04-02-2011, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Sammy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Right next to Wineville, CA
Posts: 9,846
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 190
I've had good luck with this one but it doesn't seem to be RF because when I put the dongle on the back of the HTPC it didn't work and if I use it with anything in the way it is a bit glitchy. Other than that it has performed well.

Sammy2 is offline  
post #74 of 84 Old 04-02-2011, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
olyteddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,489
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Is there some kind of 'Synch' or 'Connect' button on the keyboard? My Acer keyboard has one.
Woobieizer likes this.
olyteddy is online now  
post #75 of 84 Old 04-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
none74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latenter View Post

Do you have the RF or bluetooth version? I have the bluetooth one, but it's an issue with the dongle, not the keyboard. Plugged in to my laptop it's the same, around 6 ft range, but when it's paired with my PS3 I can use it in the next room 20+ feet away. I think I'm going to try to find a better bluetooth dongle and hope it fixes the problem.

I tried that, made no difference with mine, terrible range. Too bad too, the setup and features are perfectly tailored to HTPC use, especially the backlight...
none74 is offline  
post #76 of 84 Old 04-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Senior Member
 
teknikk7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chino Hills, CA 91709
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I got the Rii N7, love the keyboard. I hate the range, it is horrible. I even got a 10' USB extension and ran the USB dongle near my couch, Still bad.

I popped the cap off the USB dongle and the antenna is pathetic. I see a lead point and am going to try and solder a copper wire onto it. 30mm is ideal but I am not sure I want a straight wire coming out of this thing. I may just try some speaker wire to start and see how it goes. Others are reporting improved range just by wrapping some copper wire around the end of the dongle.

If I decide to try this I will post pics and my results.
teknikk7 is offline  
post #77 of 84 Old 08-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Newbie
 
nobb1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got this for my CarPC. What a POS...I regret getting rid of my Dinovo Mini. Everything seems to work alright...but 5 minutes into operation and the damn thing just seems to disconnect. Only way to fix it is unplug and replug it in. Anyone else have this problem?
nobb1 is offline  
post #78 of 84 Old 09-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Newbie
 
zorangl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknikk7 View Post

So I got the Rii N7, love the keyboard. I hate the range, it is horrible. I even got a 10' USB extension and ran the USB dongle near my couch, Still bad.

I popped the cap off the USB dongle and the antenna is pathetic. I see a lead point and am going to try and solder a copper wire onto it. 30mm is ideal but I am not sure I want a straight wire coming out of this thing. I may just try some speaker wire to start and see how it goes. Others are reporting improved range just by wrapping some copper wire around the end of the dongle.

If I decide to try this I will post pics and my results.

Did you have any success with that?
zorangl is offline  
post #79 of 84 Old 10-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Member
 
leviathan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys I have an asrock vision 3D with a rii 2.4 ghz wireless keyboard, my issue with this thing is that it wont wort with the htpc, but it will work perfectly with the laptop so I dont know what to do. In the htpc says usb host controller driver not found, in my laptop it recognize the HID keyboard and HID mouse at the moment in connected the usb dongle.

Any ideas ?
leviathan18 is offline  
post #80 of 84 Old 10-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
none74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviathan18 View Post

Hi guys I have an asrock vision 3D with a rii 2.4 ghz wireless keyboard, my issue with this thing is that it wont wort with the htpc, but it will work perfectly with the laptop so I dont know what to do. In the htpc says usb host controller driver not found, in my laptop it recognize the HID keyboard and HID mouse at the moment in connected the usb dongle.

Any ideas ?


Same OS on both computers ?

If not, I'd consider putting the OS that recognizes it on the HTPC, if that's an impossibility, then it seems its a driver issue and you'd need to hunt down the drivers and install them manually via Control Panel/Device Manager. The device should be in Device Manager now as an "Unknown Device" ....
none74 is offline  
post #81 of 84 Old 10-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Member
 
leviathan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by none74 View Post

Same OS on both computers ?

If not, I'd consider putting the OS that recognizes it on the HTPC, if that's an impossibility, then it seems its a driver issue and you'd need to hunt down the drivers and install them manually via Control Panel/Device Manager. The device should be in Device Manager now as an "Unknown Device" ....

yes both running windows 7 64bits, both updated I really don't know why the HTPC is behaving like this.

it doesnt say exactly unknown device only usb host controller problem is kinda weird.
leviathan18 is offline  
post #82 of 84 Old 10-24-2011, 06:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
none74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Is it the same chipset in both computers ? That's unlikely since one is a laptop and one is a desktop...If they're different, try getting the drivers for the chipset that is acting up from the manufacturer instead of using the ones Win7 installed automatically.
none74 is offline  
post #83 of 84 Old 10-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Member
 
leviathan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks none74 I kinda feel like an idiot for not trying that one. Now it works like a charm, I will be able to enjoy more my little htpc

Great mini keyboard, glad I got it.
leviathan18 is offline  
post #84 of 84 Old 04-29-2014, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Woobieizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Good Ole' Copper Fan
Posts: 1,043
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post

Is there some kind of 'Synch' or 'Connect' button on the keyboard? My Acer keyboard has one.

Old advice is still relevant advice. Thanks olyteddy!!

Left: Put in use 29th April 2014
Upgrade Version! Rii® i8+ Wireless 2.4G Mini Keyboard

Right:
Hausbell Wireless 2.4G Mini Keyboard



Hold both FN + RF (F1) to synch
Woobieizer is offline  
Reply Home Theater Computers



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off