Liked: 10
Patch 1705 2010-05-14
CyberLink.1705(Patch)_DVD100503-01

post #633 of 1609 Old 05-14-2010, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PDVD 10 works great for me except for one thing. Using it in W7 MC to watch BR movies I get 2 inch black bars on the left+right side. Is this something to do with a setting in PDVD 10 or MC?
post #634 of 1609 Old 05-14-2010, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MALFEITOR View Post

PDVD 10 works great for me except for one thing. Using it in W7 MC to watch BR movies I get 2 inch black bars on the left+right side. Is this something to do with a setting in PDVD 10 or MC?

Go to the TV/Monitor setup wizard and make sure to select LCD/Flat Panel when selecting the TV type.

Edit:
Nevermind...You can try this, but I just noticed you said it's on the left and right only and not the top bottom as well so it probably won't make a difference. Sounds like an aspect ratio issue. Make sure MC TV wizard is set to 16:9. This only happens in PowerDVD10 and not on other HD content from TV/videos?
post #635 of 1609 Old 05-14-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalte View Post

Go to the TV/Monitor setup wizard and make sure to select LCD/Flat Panel when selecting the TV type.

Edit:
Nevermind...You can try this, but I just noticed you said it's on the left and right only and not the top bottom as well so it probably won't make a difference. Sounds like an aspect ratio issue. Make sure MC TV wizard is set to 16:9. This only happens in PowerDVD10 and not on other HD content from TV/videos?

I get the normal bars on top and bottom and I don't have this issue on any video content within MC. From what I have read online is that the PDVD BR option in MC actually just opens up a video overlay. So basically it is not truly integrated inside MC but I could be wrong.
post #636 of 1609 Old 05-14-2010, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberlinkUSA View Post

Of course we wouldn't force DVD folder playback to play in a window on purpose. What benefit would that serve? Why on EARTH would we do that?

It's a bug. It will be addressed in the next update... hopefully at the end of this week.

Tom

It started with HD DVD and I thought you were going down the same path with .vob files due to licensing. Thank You for acknowledging my rant!
Tom "U.R." No Doubt My Hero of the month!

Thank U sooo Much!
post #637 of 1609 Old 05-14-2010, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimo View Post

It started with HD DVD and I thought you were going down the same path with .vob files due to licensing. Thank You for acknowledging my rant!
Tom "U.R." No Doubt My Hero of the month!

Thank U sooo Much!

No problem. I'm sorry that the patch does not yet include fixes for some of the other issues mentioned on this thread... but I want to let everyone know that your feedback is very helpful to us, and that we take your reports of issues very seriously.

To give you a better sense for how things work, when we learn about a possible issue we immediately write up a bug report whether it is our issue or not. If we conclude the issue is external to our software (for instance, a driver issue) we close the bug, and advise our customers accordingly. If we determine that the issue may be in our software, we work to reproduce the issue, diagnose the root cause, and develop the proper fix. Then we test to verify that the fix worked, and that no new issues were caused by the fix. Then we close the bug. It's a very thorough, well organized process.

We get reports from many sources, including our OEM customers (large PC manufacturers), retail customers, and forums like these. Like all good software companies, we prioritize all of this work based on the severity of the issue and the number of people that may be affected. But you should know that PowerDVD Ultra is our "flagship" product, and we won't rest until everyone agrees that it is by far the best, most reliable, highest performance video player software in the world.

Tom
Cyberlink
post #638 of 1609 Old 05-14-2010, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Does this patch fix the picture going black when fast-forwarding or rewinding on Core i3/i5 + H55 systems with Intel integrated graphics?

Bazinga!

post #639 of 1609 Old 05-14-2010, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi Tom,

Do me a favor and just tell me why i should upgrade to 10?
I'm tired of paying every year to upgrade since 2006.
I'm using video SP decoder of PDVD on MPC-HC for mpeg2 and using MPC decoders for the rest and i get HD audio bitstreaming over ffdshow audio decoder.
Please convince me why i should use PDVD10 while i have a copy of 9?

Chronical Tester
post #640 of 1609 Old 05-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricabullah View Post

Hi Tom,

Do me a favor and just tell me why i should upgrade to 10?
I'm tired of paying every year to upgrade since 2006.
I'm using video SP decoder of PDVD on MPC-HC for mpeg2 and using MPC decoders for the rest and i get HD audio bitstreaming over ffdshow audio decoder.
Please convince me why i should use PDVD10 while i have a copy of 9?

+1
I have been lurking around on this thread since the first day it started and I am just not convinced the upgrade is worth it at the price point it currently is, and the fact that an upgrade removes previously installed versions...
That being said, I am a Xonar HDAV user, and my current equipment set is not 3D ready...
Unless maybe by some twist of fate, PDVD supports bitstreaming with the Xonar HDAV... not sure that is ever going to happen...
post #641 of 1609 Old 05-15-2010, 05:25 AM

Probem with the initial menu of Sherlock Holmes

Just inserted the disc menu appears, it takes about 30 seconds before the navigation, once started browsing everything works properly.

Any ideas?
post #642 of 1609 Old 05-15-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balky View Post

+1
and the fact that an upgrade removes previously installed versions...

Balky,

Leaves 9 in place.
post #643 of 1609 Old 05-15-2010, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odduis10 View Post

Balky,

Leaves 9 in place.

Nope. My upgrade to 10 removed 9.
post #644 of 1609 Old 05-16-2010, 08:29 AM

@ Cyberlink Tom

I have had over a dozen support tickets into Cyberlink trying to get my PDVD9 to PDVD10 upgrade.
I bought PDVD9 a week before 10 was released, so I requested a free upgrade to 10. PDVD9 always gave me TODO error. So after 6 weeks of support tickets back and forth they finally gave me a link to upgrade and installation went fine.

I won't even go into detail the responses I got why I had to wait 45 days for a PDVD10 install code, only that I was told "you'll be contacted by our sales team" and "don't worry about it, It will be given to you automatically" Well this never happened, only after several inquiries as to why can't you give me something I paid for did they finally come through (kinda). :-(

I installed PDVD10 upgrade successfully 2 days ago, and now when I attempt the patch (1601 and then 1705) updates - they fail.

My error:
Error 1402. Could not open key:
UNKNOWN\\Components\\95...... Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

Cyberlink support has always taken days to respond, and give me a generic answer.

Tom, could you check question ID: CS000866497?

I have NO FAITH in Cyberlink support as they take days to respond.

It's been 2 months since I first installed PowerDVD on a brand new HTPC, and it still isn't working correctly.
post #645 of 1609 Old 05-16-2010, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get PowerDVD 10 running smoothly. I'll escalate this issue.

Tom
post #646 of 1609 Old 05-16-2010, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Tom, I had an issue last night that I've seen reported. This is on the new 1705 build. I didn't see this issue before. I'm using W7 64 with Cat 10.4 driver (including for HDMI audio). I was watching 2012 and went to pause it. The video paused but the audio continued playing. I paused it later and it was ok, but, I had never seen this issue previously. No idea what caused it, but, it should be something to look in to I think. If there's something I can do to help let me know.
post #647 of 1609 Old 05-16-2010, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
64/32 bit in MC7 PDVD .1705 no sound. I also posted the audio run when starting a BD title where you left off. First the audio run then the movie starts by itself. Using 10.1 hotfix on a 5670 to Pioneer SC-07.

Edit: I also forgot to mention on my 32 bit machine sound is analog going to monitor speakers. Down mixing does nothing when setting the PDVD control panel same for MC7.

Edit: It seems Sherlock Holmes is giving this patch trouble during the layer change, it will pixellate and affect the audio. TMT is not affected and is way less buggy, plus no issues with sound from 7MC bitstreaming the lossy. This build is definitely going on the back burner it’s just to beta/buggy for my rig.
post #648 of 1609 Old 05-18-2010, 03:19 AM

Are there any plans to include a feature to change the refreshrate according to the video frame rate in future PowerDVD releases? This would be awesome for HTPC users preferring full blu-ray playback instead of some .mkv rip.
post #649 of 1609 Old 05-18-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsboer View Post

Are there any plans to include a feature to change the refreshrate according to the video frame rate in future PowerDVD releases? This would be awesome for HTPC users preferring full blu-ray playback instead of some .mkv rip.

i've also wondered if that would be a good feature to have. although, i've never any judder at all in PDVD so i dont know if there would be any noticeable benefit...
post #650 of 1609 Old 05-18-2010, 12:40 PM

There are massive benefits, especially on large screens and projectors. There are even noticeable differences between 23.976 and 24.00 fps when set to e.g 23.973 Hz. This is of course given that your display device is even able to actually display 24p without internally convert it to 60p like many do. If it does internally convert, you will not notice the difference when setting correct refresh rate on your computer.
post #651 of 1609 Old 05-18-2010, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

^^ I'll discuss with our engineers to see what is possible, and what makes sense. On the one hand, this seems to make a lot of sense. On the other hand, each customer has one of an infinite number of possible system configurations, and I can think of a number of things that could go wrong. Still, there may be ways to maximize joy and minimize the potential for pain.

Tom
post #652 of 1609 Old 05-18-2010, 04:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

^^ I'll discuss with our engineers to see what is possible, and what makes sense. On the one hand, this seems to make a lot of sense. On the other hand, each customer has one of an infinite number of possible system configurations, and I can think of a number of things that could go wrong. Still, there may be ways to maximize joy and minimize the potential for pain.

Tom

You have said volumes in those few sentences.

Change tons to volumes.

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
post #653 of 1609 Old 05-18-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:

Tom

MPC-HC has this feature that can be activated when in fullscreen mode so technically it can be done...

post #654 of 1609 Old 05-18-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:

Tom

This would be a good feature and would make me consider using PDVD over TMT3. If implemented, it should also know the difference between 24p (23.976 or typically 23Hz in GPU setting) and a true 24Hz.

Aaron Ledger - Senior Design Engineer, Ceton Corp.
post #655 of 1609 Old 05-18-2010, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:

Tom

Use EnumDisplaySettings to get current resolution/refresh rate and enumerate supported modes. Then ChangeDisplaySettings to change it based on a user provided map. Hide it in the advanced settings so newbs don't find it

Ideally the change would be made before the graph is created. If PDVD uses DirectX there will be complications (the device will go away), but nothing that can't be overcome.
post #656 of 1609 Old 05-18-2010, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

I'm following up with our customer service department and our PowerDVD engineering team on this issue. I'm not sure what they were referring to as I'm not fully aware of the status of this issue... but I'm confident that we'll take care of it.

Tom

Did you ever find out anything?
post #657 of 1609 Old 05-18-2010, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post

Use EnumDisplaySettings to get current resolution/refresh rate and enumerate supported modes. Then ChangeDisplaySettings to change it based on a user provided map. Hide it in the advanced settings so newbs don't find it

Ideally the change would be made before the graph is created. If PDVD uses DirectX there will be complications (the device will go away), but nothing that can't be overcome.

Good info... thanks everyone!

Also, I'm just one voice... the product managers and engineering managers who run the PowerDVD team manage the development priorities for new versions. But your feedback is very helpful.

Tom
post #658 of 1609 Old 05-18-2010, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:

Also, I'm just one voice... the product managers and engineering managers who run the PowerDVD team manage the development priorities for new versions. But your feedback is very helpful.

Tom

Happy to do anything I can do to make the PC a better platform for media consumption. If there's anything else (polls, EECB , etc) that can be done to help prioritize auto refresh rate changing please let us know - it's an critical gap b/w PDVD and standalone players.
post #659 of 1609 Old 05-19-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:

Tom

Tom,

I have a CIH setup with an anamorphic lens. I need a software solution for vertical stretching.

The detail description on PowerDVD10 Ultra states smart stretching for 2.35 setups. This feature only worked last night while I was testing DVD video_ts files. This feature was greyed out when playing back an ISO mounted with virtual clone drive through PowerDVD10 ultra.

Is there a setting I'm missing or is this the inteded function of the software? Would playing a Blu Ray from folder structure ungrey these stretch options?

I'm know MPC-HC can perform the vertical stretch and works well with Mediabrowser except I will have to convert about 175 Blu Ray's from ISO to another format.

Thanks for your time sir.

Cheers manutdsoc20
post #660 of 1609 Old 05-19-2010, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Completely off topic so forgive me on this one, but, MPC-HC can work with mounted ISO's just fine. Just open them with the open DVD command. It'll play the main movie.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page