post #91 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedmond31 View Post

Thanks, maybe i had a dream in wanting a single program !!
but i would like CyberlinkUsa to answer to my other question as well about H264 and 3 party

I live that dream in my player of choice. I can see the business case for removing HD DVD support, but, I don't know, it was a mature code base and certainly wasn't going to ever change. The reason to remove it from a business case is that it requires more testing every time you update something else. So it costs money to have it even though you're not actively developing for it. Nonetheless, the choice to remove it in PDVD8 was not a popular one with the users...many of whom attempted to put the feature back in through a hack. Other companies chose to handle the situation differently. To each their own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 11:25 AM

Liked: 10
well i tried the trial version and went to play 1 of my films through media browser and it came up powerdvd loading then screen goes grey and nothing,so tried another film and the same grey screen then nothing,so of it comes and staying with tmt3 which boots up straight away and plays fine,
post #93 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 01:16 PM

Excuse the question, but the DivX are played?

As I tried to read but I get a black screen.

This happens even for wmv files
post #94 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

So here's another question. It's been said on another forum that PDVD10 removes the ability to play DVD's from folder now, as well? I'm having difficulty believing this is true. Can anyone comment on this? Can it still play DVD rips from folders?
post #95 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Tom,

Has the media center integration been improved at all in version 10?

Thanks!
post #96 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

So here's another question. It's been said on another forum that PDVD10 removes the ability to play DVD's from folder now, as well? I'm having difficulty believing this is true. Can anyone comment on this? Can it still play DVD rips from folders?

I would like to see a straight answer on this topic as well as any information on changes in this new version that affects ISO Bluray copies as well.
post #97 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesy68 View Post

well i tried the trial version and went to play 1 of my films through media browser and it came up powerdvd loading then screen goes grey and nothing,so tried another film and the same grey screen then nothing,so of it comes and staying with tmt3 which boots up straight away and plays fine,

To help you we would need more information... the type of media file and the details of your system configuration (OS, graphics card, graphics driver version). To be clear, this isn't the place to get tech support from Cyberlink, but we're interested in any and all feedback, and the experts here at AVSForum are often able to advise other posters on troubleshooting issues.

One thing to note is that we now support the FLV container format, but for H.264 (AVC) encoded video only. AVC is quickly becoming the dominant video codec for Flash video, replacing the older codecs (H.263 and VP6). There is a known issue with Flash video that uses the older codecs. PowerDVD 10 will show these as playable video files, but won't be able to render the video (though it may play the audio). Though we weren't able to add support for older codecs, it still made sense to add support for H.264 encoded Flash, since the majority of new Flash video files are encoded this way.

Tom
Cyberlink
post #98 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I think you meant this isn't really the place for CL tech support?
post #99 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberlinkUSA View Post

To help you we would need more information... the type of media file and the details of your system configuration (OS, graphics card, graphics driver version). To be clear, this is the place to get tech support from Cyberlink, but we're interested in any and all feedback, and the experts here at AVSForum are often able to advise other posters on troubleshooting issues.

One thing to note is that we now support the FLV container format, but for H.264 (AVC) encoded video only. AVC is quickly becoming the dominant video codec for Flash video, replacing the older codecs (H.263 and VP6). There is a known issue with Flash video that uses the older codecs. PowerDVD 10 will show these as playable video files, but won't be able to render the video (though it may play the audio). Though we weren't able to add support for older codecs, it still made sense to add support for H.264 encoded Flash, since the majority of new Flash video files are encoded this way.

Tom
Cyberlink

im using
windows 7 32bit
ccc 10.2
onboard 4200hd
the film was in ISO format and it was harry potter 1 and 2,it plays fine through tmt3 but peredvd 10 it justs gives me a grey screen,
post #100 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:

Our engineers attempted to replicate the issue but were unsuccessful yesterday. They're still working on it.

Tom
Cyberlink

Well if you want you can PM me an I can give you an e-mail address so that I can e-mail back and forth wit the engineers if they seriously wish to fix the issue. I can reproduce the issue 100% of the time! One obvious question would be is there any limits in the resolutions supported (both high and low), does the multi-monitor setup make a difference, and most importantly why/when is this particular error message issued? Alot of time the error is for an entirely different reason then what it says (e.g. I have an areca card that had been complaining of under voltage to the DDR II ram. Turned out the backup battery was bad and not a power supply problem at all. Never would have figured it out from the error message though!)
post #101 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post

I think you meant this isn't really the place for CL tech support?

Exactly... corrected... thanks.
post #102 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

So, Tom, maybe you missed it, but, DVD folder playback? Has that been removed?

EDIT: Ok, seems like the "missing" functionality is just well hidden. You need to go to the video tab and point it to the DVD folder. Nifty.
post #103 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

NVIDIA has just announced a solution for HDMI 1.4 3D output from existing 3D Vision capable graphics cards. If you want to set up a 3D capable HTPC connected to a new 3D TV, this is a great solution...
http://www.nvidia.com/object/io_1268635315649.html

For optimal Blu-ray 3D playback, I would recommend the GT 240. This board has the latest video decoder capable of hardware accelerated MVC decoding. It's also nice and quiet for your HTPC.
post #104 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

But you still need a discreet card for bitstreaming with that solution, correct?
post #105 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

But you still need a discreet card for bitstreaming with that solution, correct?

I don't think that they have explicitly announced the list of supported cards / graphics for the 3D TV Play solution. I need to let NVIDIA speak for NVIDIA. I just wanted to point to this to let people know that there are solutions for an HTPC playing Blu-ray 3D and other 3D video on a new 3D TV through HDMI 1.4.
Some additional info here... http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_TV_play.html
post #106 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 05:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD ? with Nvidia?

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
post #107 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Nagy View Post

Yes, "2012" Blu-ray disk. Several people from another thread actually opened the ticket to Cyberlink but no response.

For "2012", it goes as far as to the menu screen, but there are no buttons on menu screen like "Play Movie", "Languages", "Setup", etc. It loops splash screen continously but cannot start the movie.

Peter

Someone may have already replied to this, but I wanted to let you know that the latest PDVD9 update from Cyberlink resolves the 2012 menu issue.
post #108 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

This is the first universal 3D video player in the world.

Universal? Can you play Fuji FinePix Real3D W1 camera files? There is a free player that can.

Quote:

The selection of content is minimal today, as there was no way to play the content until now.

Not exactly right. StereoMovie Player existed for years. It works with nVidia 3D Vision and 3D ready TVs too. http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stvply/index.html

There have been other 3D movie players, editors and 3D photo viewers. I've seen real 3d movies (with two frames side by side - one of the formats that StereoMovie Player understands) made from anaglyph and 2D version on the internet.

Now, StereoMovie Player can't play blu-ray but it is a DirectShow player and it can play MKVs. I guess with bitstreaming if DirectShow supports it on given hardware.

Once ffdshow supports 3D MVC codec it should be able to play 3D blu-ray files just like MPC-HC plays 2D files but in 3D. Maybe it will even happen sooner than promised PowerDVD 10 3D update.
post #109 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalte View Post

Someone may have already replied to this, but I wanted to let you know that the latest PDVD9 update from Cyberlink resolves the 2012 menu issue.

Are you referring to the one that was out 6 weeks ago? That's the latest update I can find on their web site.

Scott
post #110 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 View Post

Are you referring to the one that was out 6 weeks ago? That's the latest update I can find on their web site.

Yes, 2528.
post #111 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinleeds View Post

Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD ? with Nvidia?

Yes, of course.
post #112 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

I have to correct something I said earlier. Fortunately, the PowerDVD product manager was reading this thread (gathering your feedback), and he caught my mistake. The current release of PowerDVD 10 includes 2D to 3D enhancement of DVDs, but does not include 3D video file playback. I'm using pre-release versions of the next release of PowerDVD to give 3D demos to the press, and I got a little ahead of myself. The Mark II release will include 3D video file playback as well as full support for Blu-ray 3D. All PowerDVD 10 Ultra customers will get a free upgrade to PowerDVD 10 Mark II as soon as it is available.

Tom
Cyberlink
post #113 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 08:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Quote:

Yes... we are comfortable saying that PowerDVD 10 will support any 3D display system (display + glasses) that you choose. This includes polarized displays, as well as 120 Hz sequential frame displays with active LC shutter glasses.

Tom
Cyberlink

Slightly OT but are there even any polarized displays on the consumer market other than the iZ3D?

Quote:

Fortunately, the PowerDVD product manager was reading this thread (gathering your feedback), and he caught my mistake.

Careful! We give you a hard time but we do like you here and don't want you to get banned by your boss(es).
post #114 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

Slightly OT but are there even any polarized displays on the consumer market other than the iZ3D?

Careful! We give you a hard time but we do like you here and don't want you to get banned by your boss(es).

Not OT at all! Zalman makes a polarized display.

The product manager is my peer, but our executive management is following these threads also, and I have their full support. We like to hear from our customers. We have a Facebook page, a Twitter account, a YouTube channel, and of course our own forums on Cyberlink.com.

Tom
Cyberlink
post #115 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Not OT at all! Zalman makes a polarized display.

I was actually hoping for something larger (to replace my 47" LCD). Have you tested with a dual projector setup by any chance? I know that there is a method of using polarizing filters with that configuration for creating stereo images but I'm unfamiliar with it beyond that.
post #116 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

I was actually hoping for something larger (to replace my 47" LCD). Have you tested with a dual projector setup by any chance? I know that there is a method of using polarizing filters with that configuration for creating stereo images but I'm unfamiliar with it beyond that.

Expect an article on that subject soon, at a popular tech website. I'll point you to it when it is posted. But I don't think that we can support a dual projector setup today, for a variety of reasons. We will support 3D projectors.

Tom
Cyberlink
post #117 of 1609 Old 03-19-2010, 11:47 PM

For the few tests I did I found 4 problems, which in the earlier version did not exist.

1 - does not play avi file (DivX) and WMV
2 - The DVD that will play back on Hard Disk, are framed in the skin and do not go full screen.
3 - DVD Hard Disk can not be launched from the context menu, but only through the internal selection of PowerDVD10.
4 - Playing music files no longer have the visual effects.

PowerDVD9 these problems are not there.
post #118 of 1609 Old 03-20-2010, 12:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Looking forward to the article. Can you tell me which output modes of the iZ3d driver are supported and which are not? Or is the iZ3D driver not required?

post #119 of 1609 Old 03-20-2010, 05:03 AM

what is the latest version out for this,and ive got my setup at 1080p in the ccc panel but after i tried powerdvd it has a basic setting now and had switched my setup to 1366 x 768 which is its native res,any advice
post #120 of 1609 Old 03-20-2010, 05:09 AM

Tom, would it be possible to add support for the Realtek ALC1200? its pretty much the same as the other Realtek chips pdvd already supports but is made for ASUS boards...
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page