Forum Jump: 

post #1201 of 1609 Old 10-28-2010, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecommando View Post

When I try to play the side by side video on PowerDvd, it just shows 2 side by side image. If I use the Mitsubishi adapter and set the 3D to left|right, i can watch that side by side in 3D.

But without the adapter, how would I set up PowerDvd to take the side by side image and merge it?

The latest version of PowerDVD 10 Ultra supports 3D video file playback on your 3D TV/display. If you click on the 3D display configuration control (the little arrow to the right of the 3D icon in the player control bar), you will see that the center tab gives you several options for your source format, including side by side.

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1609 Old 10-28-2010, 06:08 PM

I've walked away from Blu Ray disks for the past 6 months because they would only play in stereo.

I put on a standard def dvd yesterday and played it in PDVD and it would only play in stereo too. If I play it through WMC it plays in dolby digital surround. This has to be a PDVD issue. I've checked and re checked the audio setting and there is simply nothing there that will let me change this. It is set to spdf. Which is my current system config.

Any idea how to fix this. There are very limited audio setting in PDVD. Advanced is grayed out.

Any idea. Soooo frustrated!

Thanks!!!
post #1203 of 1609 Old 10-28-2010, 11:35 PM

Thanks for your reply.
I had an older version of PowerDvd 10 Ultra Mark II and when I click update, it didn't show anything new to download. However, when I logged into my account on PowerDVD website, there are a few updates available for download. After the update, it works as you suggested and it's working very well.

With the latest version of PowerDVD, I don't even need the Mitsubishi adapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberlinkUSA View Post

The latest version of PowerDVD 10 Ultra supports 3D video file playback on your 3D TV/display. If you click on the 3D display configuration control (the little arrow to the right of the 3D icon in the player control bar), you will see that the center tab gives you several options for your source format, including side by side.

Tom

post #1204 of 1609 Old 10-29-2010, 05:35 AM

Okay, recently changed my video card from Nvidia 8600 into ati 5450 512MB (asus). Main reason for this was hdmi 1.3 support and hd sound bitstreaming capability.

Had to update also PowerDVD from 8.0 to 10 in order to bitstream. Okay, bitstreaming works like it should, but the picture is awful. First of all it jams and runs slow when watching BD movies. Seems like ATI HW acceleration is not working for some reason. CPU usage seems to be quite jumpy... 20-80%.

First issue was my Real Media sound card drivers, which was always default in PowerDVD8. They had to be removed complete if you wanted sound to be heard through HDMI.

Then I updated into PowerDVD10 and video is still kinda slow and CPU usage is jumpy. Can video suffer same kind of issued like audio did due to Nvidia Purevideo decoder which is still installed? Can it be the reason? I used it with my old 8600 Nvidia card for a better SD performance.

DVDs run quite fine, but the Blu-rays do not.
I had not this kind of Blu-ray video issues with previous Nvidia card.

Please help.

Processor: AMD 6400+
Motherboard: Old Asrock
Memory: 800Mhz ddr2 4GB
Video Card: Asus ATI Radeon 5450 512MB
SW: win 7 64 bit premium + PowerDVD 10 3d Mark 2
post #1205 of 1609 Old 10-29-2010, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I would personally use something like Driver Cleaner and remove all drivers then reinstall just the AMD 10.10 drivers. See if that helps. Having remnants around for an old card is never usually a good thing.
post #1206 of 1609 Old 10-29-2010, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

I would personally use something like Driver Cleaner and remove all drivers then reinstall just the AMD 10.10 drivers. See if that helps. Having remnants around for an old card is never usually a good thing.

Is that some kind of special SW for this, or just manually from Windows?

Do you still need the separate real media HDMI driver with ATI? Or are the old problems already fixed in the latest 10.10 ATI catalyst package and I could use only that?

However, I think that my problems do relate to HDMI drivers. I think the problem lies elsewhere. Card is connected into DiVision DTV4200 through Onkyo SR608.
post #1207 of 1609 Old 10-29-2010, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakko View Post

Is that some kind of special SW for this, or just manually from Windows?

Do you still need the separate real media HDMI driver with ATI? Or are the old problems already fixed in the latest 10.10 ATI catalyst package and I could use only that?

However, I think that my problems do relate to HDMI drivers. I think the problem lies elsewhere. Card is connected into DiVision DTV4200 through Onkyo SR608.

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

That's what I use. There are free cleaner programs out there. And yes, you can just use the AMD driver from the Catalyst install and skip the realtek driver altogether.
post #1208 of 1609 Old 10-29-2010, 05:58 AM

Quote:

That's what I use. There are free cleaner programs out there. And yes, you can just use the AMD driver from the Catalyst install and skip the realtek driver altogether.

And just removing from Windows do not remove it completely?

Can someone recommend free cleaner? Do not want to invest more into my HTCP at the moment. Quite expensive stuff already.
post #1209 of 1609 Old 10-29-2010, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

And just removing from Windows do not remove it completely?

Can someone recommend free cleaner? Do not want to invest more into my HTCP at the moment. Quite expensive stuff already.

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

You should remove it using the uninstaller first, then reboot into safe mode and run that to clean up any remnants of the old driver.
post #1210 of 1609 Old 10-29-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

You should remove it using the uninstaller first, then reboot into safe mode and run that to clean up any remnants of the old driver.

Okay, did it. Cleaner deleted also ethernet driver mistakenly because it was also branded nvidia. Well, installed that back and the ati 10.10 catalyst. Also removed ffdshow and purevideo decoder. All this was useless and did not help. Video still was kinda slow and braking time to times. However, I discovered the reason. F-Secure Internet Security 2011 version affected this. When disabled, video ran smoothly. Then I disabled deepguard cyberlink checks and all works now just fine.

Thanks for the help.
post #1211 of 1609 Old 10-29-2010, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Okay, did it. Cleaner deleted also ethernet driver mistakenly because it was also branded nvidia. Well, installed that back and the ati 10.10 catalyst. Also removed ffdshow and purevideo decoder. All this was useless and did not help. Video still was kinda slow and braking time to times. However, I discovered the reason. F-Secure Internet Security 2011 version affected this. When disabled, video ran smoothly. Then I disabled deepguard cyberlink checks and all works now just fine.

Thanks for the help.

Ahh, yea, well that'd do it. Glad you got it sorted out.
post #1212 of 1609 Old 10-29-2010, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for sharing your experience yakko. This is an interesting scenario.
post #1213 of 1609 Old 10-30-2010, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpos View Post

What about the rest of the world? PDVD 9 has the language pack: Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, Russian, Polish, Norwegian, and Danish. When the similiar language pack for PDVD10 will be released?

Quote:

Good question. I'll check on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpos View Post

Do you remeber my issue? Will be a language pack ever released for PDVD10?

What is the status on this? Really interested like most of us scandinavian users.
post #1214 of 1609 Old 10-30-2010, 09:20 AM

I have seen a really annoying issue when watching a DVD in the WMC Interface.

Every time I click "info" on my remote I get an Internet Security Warning message. (Turning Warnings off in the Extras menu does not fix this).

It looks like the "Info" button is the equivalent of a "Right-Click" in the software.

I always use this with the native player in W7MC to skip to the DVD menu for example.

Any plans to fix/address this?

Luckily i'm just trialling it as i've just bought a Pana Full HD 3D TV and am considering running them in W7MC.

I already have Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre but I wanted to test this one out as well as it appears to do a better job of 3D BluRay on a PC from what i've read.
post #1215 of 1609 Old 11-04-2010, 05:28 AM

Liked: 14
Thanks to micksh in the AMD 6800 thread:

"Here, xbitlabs did video quality test. And they say there will be PowerDVD version with 3D support for 68xx on Nov 5th.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid..._11.html#sect0

I had to install latest AMD driver hotfix, 10.10d. I started with plain 10.10, then Total Media Theater caused BSOD sometimes. Either 10.10d or latest codec patches from TMT fixed BSOD, not sure. Now everything is fine. And there were no problems with MPC-HC."

Can CyberlinkUSA confirm and elaborate on this?
post #1216 of 1609 Old 11-06-2010, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Anyone else have trouble with Disc 2 of Beauty and the Beast in PowerDVD? There is a lengthy documentary on there that has some branching options that pop up now and then, but it seems no matter if I choose to enter the various branches or not it jumps past it to the same spot anyway.
post #1217 of 1609 Old 11-06-2010, 10:13 AM

What with "tazn filter " ?
post #1218 of 1609 Old 11-06-2010, 12:49 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcfer View Post

Thanks to micksh in the AMD 6800 thread:

"Here, xbitlabs did video quality test. And they say there will be PowerDVD version with 3D support for 68xx on Nov 5th.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid..._11.html#sect0

I had to install latest AMD driver hotfix, 10.10d. I started with plain 10.10, then Total Media Theater caused BSOD sometimes. Either 10.10d or latest codec patches from TMT fixed BSOD, not sure. Now everything is fine. And there were no problems with MPC-HC."

Can CyberlinkUSA confirm and elaborate on this?

I guess this was wrong info ,as Nov. 5 passed and no new patch. Too bad CyberlinkUSA doesn't respond often to HIS thread. I'm sure he's busy ; I just wonder if PDVD wil have the same ATI features as the upcoming Arcsoft TMT 5 will. http://www.arcsoft.com/en-us/press_detail.asp?prID=553
post #1219 of 1609 Old 11-06-2010, 11:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 246
I am using an Nvidia GT430. No issue with HD audio when running powerDVD 10 in standalone mode. When I run it in 'MCE7' integrated mode, I get no sound at all.. nada. I have been through the interface settings, it says 'HDMI' as the source.

If I exist MCE7 and re-launch powerdvd10 as a standalone app, it works perfect. Even remembers where I left off when watching in (silent) MCE mode.

any ideas or suggestion? thank you!!
post #1220 of 1609 Old 11-06-2010, 11:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck30 View Post

I have the exact same problem as well on my Windows 7 machine. Seems to affect both S/PDIF and HDMI. Everything is fine when using PDVD 10 in classic mode but as soon as I switch to Cinema mode, whether I'm in Media Center or not I lose all audio.

Everything worked just fine in PDVD 9 on the same system. Seems like this must be a bug with Cinema mode since everything seems to work just fine in Classic mode. If anyone finds a fix or work-around please post!

this seems to be an old problem with MCE7 and powerdvd 10... Can the folks at cyberlink comment? one of the main features of powerdvd is being able to integrate into MCE7.

EDIT: CRAP.. this is a 7 month old problem with 10+ pages of complaints.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/pos...120/10722.page

cyberlink support claims they can't reproduce the problem even though dozens of people are posting the same issue.. PowerDVD10 in cinema mode with MCE7 doesn't have audio.
post #1221 of 1609 Old 11-07-2010, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I guess this was wrong info ,as Nov. 5 passed and no new patch.

The next update of PowerDVD 10 Ultra was delayed by 2 weeks. We expect it to be available ~ Nov 18th. Sorry for the delay. This update will include support for Blu-ray 3D (MVC decoding + stereoscopic output through HDMI 1.4) on Radeon 6000 series graphics.

Quote:

Too bad CyberlinkUSA doesn't respond often to HIS thread. I'm sure he's busy.

It's just that time of year. We've got significant new products in the pipeline, and we're preparing for CES, which should be very exciting.

Tom
Cyberlink
post #1222 of 1609 Old 11-07-2010, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

I am using an Nvidia GT430. No issue with HD audio when running powerDVD 10 in standalone mode. When I run it in 'MCE7' integrated mode, I get no sound at all.. nada. I have been through the interface settings, it says 'HDMI' as the source.

If I exist MCE7 and re-launch powerdvd10 as a standalone app, it works perfect. Even remembers where I left off when watching in (silent) MCE mode.

any ideas or suggestion? thank you!!

I'll try to duplicate this on my system on Monday. I just configured a portable desktop 3D demo system with a GT430 (Mini ITX MB, SSD, HTPC case), and BD 3D checks out fine... but I didn't try launching from WMC7.

Tom
Cyberlink
post #1223 of 1609 Old 11-07-2010, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just wonder if PDVD wil have the same ATI features as the upcoming Arcsoft TMT 5 will. http://www.arcsoft.com/en-us/press_detail.asp?prID=553

Wonder what happened to TMT 4 ??????

Jim White
St. Petersburg, FL
post #1224 of 1609 Old 11-08-2010, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'll try to duplicate this on my system on Monday. I just configured a portable desktop 3D demo system with a GT430 (Mini ITX MB, SSD, HTPC case), and BD 3D checks out fine... but I didn't try launching from WMC7.

Tom
Cyberlink

Tom,

Please let me know, this isn't an isolated incident. There are plenty of folks with this issue on your site:

it seems the techs can't replicate the issue. I have tried installing/uninstalling over and over with no luck.

When powerDVD launches through MCE, the 'MUTE' icon in MCE shows up and no sound. Even if you raise the sound volume again, it doesn't work. It works perfect in standalone mode. There has to be some issue with the integrated mode with MCE7.

Please let me know, using it through MCE7 works much better because you can use the remote control. thanks!
post #1225 of 1609 Old 11-08-2010, 02:26 PM

need some help here? I built a test system for a friend with a ATI 5450, Q6600, win7 to play BD3D. Evertime i test the system here at work with a regulard lcd tv it starts up and loads the disk perfectly.

When i take it to his house it either hangs and 99% or powerdvd just disapears. 1 out of a 100 tries it will load and play but is stutters while playing.

All playback here at work is flawless.

Now i know there are quite a few differences from my work to his house but i cant figure out what is going on

his config is a onkyo 806 with a Mitsubishi 3D ready TV.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.
post #1226 of 1609 Old 11-08-2010, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
The Onkyo 806's EDID might be missing the 8-channel LPCM SAD. Check the EDID Override thread. Also make sure that you are running a standard HDTV resolution (ie: 1920x1080 and not 1920x1200).
post #1227 of 1609 Old 11-08-2010, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Also make sure you go to the Cyberlink website and download the latest PDVD10 patch.
post #1228 of 1609 Old 11-08-2010, 02:47 PM

thanks guys. i do have the latest patch and i am using the 1920x1080x24 HD resoultion in the catalyst control center.

Also on the edid. i am not sure if this make a difference the one time it does actually start up everthing works audio wise ie. full dts ma HD audio bitstreamed to the reciever.

I will look more into the edid.
post #1229 of 1609 Old 11-08-2010, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

I had no problems playing a Blu-ray disc with external decoding (HDMI bitstreaming), either in normal 2 foot mode, or (later, after setting PDVD to bitstream) when launched by Windows Media Center (which always causes PowerDVD to run in Cinema Mode).

My test system: Win 7 Ultimate 64, Intel Core i3-550 CPU, ECS H55H-I Mini ITX Motherboard, NVIDIA GTS-430 graphics with latest drivers... connected through an Onkyo TX-SR508 AVR to a Panasonic TCP50VT20 TV.

Test disc: Wall-E

Anyhow, I'll follow up with our engineers to see if we can figure out how to reproduce the problem on one of our test systems. If you have the issue, please send me a private message with your detailed system configuration and the steps to reproduce the problem. Please include a list of any other audio or video software that you are using that might possibly affect PowerDVD (Reclock, etc.), and confirm whether you are trying to play BD discs directly, or otherwise.

Tom
post #1230 of 1609 Old 11-08-2010, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Tom,

Thanks for testing. I am not sure if you have seen this, but quite number of people have been having this issue for 6-7 months, I am not the only one. (some posted in this thread months ago with the same issue)

What version of the software do you install with and did you finally patch to the 2113?

The only real difference is I am running Window 7 32bit instead of 64. This is a clean install of Windows, no extra software, just Powerdvd10. I have a different HD, I will install 64bit and see if this happens so we are using the same software and drivers.

my AVR is a Pioneer SC-07 and the 'TV' is a Mitsubishi HC5500 LCD projector.

Quote:

I had no problems playing a Blu-ray disc with external decoding (HDMI bitstreaming), either in normal 2 foot mode, or (later, after setting PDVD to bitstream) when launched by Windows Media Center (which always causes PowerDVD to run in Cinema Mode).

My test system: Win 7 Ultimate 64, Intel Core i3-550 CPU, ECS H55H-I Mini ITX Motherboard, NVIDIA GTS-430 graphics with la,test drivers... connected through an Onkyo TX-SR508 AVR to a Panasonic TCP50VT20 TV.

Test disc: Wall-E

Anyhow, I'll follow up with our engineers to see if we can figure out how to reproduce the problem on one of our test systems. If you have the issue, please send me a private message with your detailed system configuration and the steps to reproduce the problem. Please include a list of any other audio or video software that you are using that might possibly affect PowerDVD (Reclock, etc.), and confirm whether you are trying to play BD discs directly, or otherwise.

Tom

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page