post #1231 of 1609 Old 11-09-2010, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberlinkUSA View Post

I had no problems playing a Blu-ray disc with external decoding (HDMI bitstreaming), either in normal 2 foot mode, or (later, after setting PDVD to bitstream) when launched by Windows Media Center (which always causes PowerDVD to run in Cinema Mode).

My test system: Win 7 Ultimate 64, Intel Core i3-550 CPU, ECS H55H-I Mini ITX Motherboard, NVIDIA GTS-430 graphics with latest drivers... connected through an Onkyo TX-SR508 AVR to a Panasonic TCP50VT20 TV.

Tom

Tom,

I spent nearly 4 hours installing and imaging machines with Acronis going back and forth with 32bit windows 7 and 64bit windows 7. After 2 installs of 32bit and 2 of 64bit, I have concluded the issue is with 32bit Window 7.

Everything else being equal... It works with 64bit windows and does not with 32bit windows. I get no sound in cinema mode in the 32bit install. It appears to work ok with 64bit.

This is a core i5 system, 4 GB ram, GT 430.

Can you please retry your lab setup with 32bit? This might explain why some are having the issue and others aren't. If you can show this to your engineers perhaps if you can replicat the issue as well.

thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1232 of 1609 Old 11-09-2010, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
After my adventures with a GT430 I ended up doing a fresh install of 32 bit win 7 and my ATI HD5450. I have v 10.10 and the 2113 build. I don't get bitstreaming in Media Center either though it works fine stand alone.

The Media Center issue is only mildly concerning but what I can't understand is that PowerDVD will not load 3d Blurays. It gets to 99 percent and hangs. I only have two 3d Blurays to test with. One is a Samsung bundled 3D Triple Feature: Galapagos 3d, Into The Deep 3D and Mummies 3D. The second title is How To Train Your Dragon 3D also provided by Samsung. These two disks load and play fine in 3D on my PS3.

These 2 3D Blu-rays both load to the 99 percent point and hang. Again this is clean install i3, 4 gig, SSD. 32 bit win 7, Radeon HD5450 and a Retail Disk version of PD DVD10 updated to 2113. TV is an Mitssubish WD-82837 with PD DVD 10 set to checkerboard. Neither disk will load even if 3D is disabled in PowerDVD.

Just another blank signature.
post #1233 of 1609 Old 11-09-2010, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

Tom,

I spent nearly 4 hours installing and imaging machines with Acronis going back and forth with 32bit windows 7 and 64bit windows 7. After 2 installs of 32bit and 2 of 64bit, I have concluded the issue is with 32bit Window 7.

Everything else being equal... It works with 64bit windows and does not with 32bit windows. I get no sound in cinema mode in the 32bit install. It appears to work ok with 64bit.

This is a core i5 system, 4 GB ram, GT 430.

Can you please retry your lab setup with 32bit? This might explain why some are having the issue and others aren't. If you can show this to your engineers perhaps if you can replicat the issue as well.

thanks!

We'll definitely have our engineers try to replicate the issue.

Thanks
Tom
post #1234 of 1609 Old 11-09-2010, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtgray View Post

After my adventures with a GT430 I ended up doing a fresh install of 32 bit win 7 and my ATI HD5450. I have v 10.10 and the 2113 build. I don't get bitstreaming in Media Center either though it works fine stand alone.

The Media Center issue is only mildly concerning but what I can't understand is that PowerDVD will not load 3d Blurays. It gets to 99 percent and hangs. I only have two 3d Blurays to test with. One is a Samsung bundled 3D Triple Feature: Galapagos 3d, Into The Deep 3D and Mummies 3D. The second title is How To Train Your Dragon 3D also provided by Samsung. These two disks load and play fine in 3D on my PS3.

These 2 3D Blu-rays both load to the 99 percent point and hang. Again this is clean install i3, 4 gig, SSD. 32 bit win 7, Radeon HD5450 and a Retail Disk version of PD DVD10 updated to 2113. TV is an Mitssubish WD-82837 with PD DVD 10 set to checkerboard. Neither disk will load even if 3D is disabled in PowerDVD.

I'll ask our engineers to investigate. I don't have those titles here in our US offices, but we probably have them at Cyberlink HQ in Taipei.

Tom
post #1235 of 1609 Old 11-09-2010, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It gets to 99 percent and hangs. I only have two 3d Blurays to test with. One is a Samsung bundled 3D Triple Feature: Galapagos 3d, Into The Deep 3D and Mummies 3D. The second title is How To Train Your Dragon 3D also provided by Samsung. These two disks load and play fine in 3D on my PS3.
that is odd, I have both those titles and they play with no issues on the setup I listed above. With 64bit windows 7, I can now bitstream in cinema mode. These movies will play in standard 2ft mode or cinema mode as well.

post #1236 of 1609 Old 11-10-2010, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
that is odd, I have both those titles and they play with no issues on the setup I listed above. With 64bit windows 7, I can now bitstream in cinema mode. These movies will play in standard 2ft mode or cinema mode as well.
Yeah it is odd. I have duplicated the issue on a relatively similarly configured HTPC. The second PC is Win 7 64 bit, also running an HD5450 with 10.10 and no hotfixes. The second box that won't play these titles is a triple core AMD on a gigabyte board with 8 gig of ram. It uses the same Lite-On Brand and Model BD Rom drive and the same SSD as I do. I am going to plug in a different rom which is the quickest easiest thing to test, but I don't think it is that. I think it might be a bug with Cyberlink when run off an SSD. Not a quick easy swap out test. If I have to I will copy an image over to a platter drive and try it that way. The symptoms on this second PC were not exactly like my symptoms but very close both PCs get to 99 percent and then mine hangs, his puts away the load screen and the drive lights flicker for ahwile then nothing happens. If you go in task manger on mine PowerDVD will show not responding on his PowerDVD does not appear and has apparently crashed.

post #1237 of 1609 Old 11-12-2010, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think it might be a bug with Cyberlink when run off an SSD. Not a quick easy swap out test. If I have to I will copy an image over to a platter drive and try it that way.

not sure what brand SSD you have, I setup 32bit and 64bit win7 with powerdvd (in the attempt fix my audio problem in cinema MCE7 mode) but both times are with an Intel SSD 40GB disk.

I can play any movie without an issue. the 32bit audio bug in cinema mode is still an issue, but everything plays well in 64bit using the Nvidia GT430 and the latest drivers.

post #1238 of 1609 Old 11-12-2010, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

not sure what brand SSD you have, I setup 32bit and 64bit win7 with powerdvd (in the attempt fix my audio problem in cinema MCE7 mode) but both times are with an Intel SSD 40GB disk.

I can play any movie without an issue. the 32bit audio bug in cinema mode is still an issue, but everything plays well in 64bit using the Nvidia GT430 and the latest drivers.

OCZ... but both machines that would not run the 2 BDs had HD5450s with 10.10 and no hotfixes. I eliminated the brand and model of optical drive which was also common between the two machines.. I hate fooling around with Radeon drivers because it is a bit like Russian Roulette. You never know when changing a driver is going to blow the things up completely. That is the next step. I will copy the current image to another drive and start screwing around with ATI revs... but I might just wait until 10.11 and try that before I go backwards.

post #1239 of 1609 Old 11-16-2010, 11:48 PM

I just posted a message to CyberLink support, as below. Basically, since PowerDVD 7 Ultra, almost EVERY updater they've put out that I've tried to apply, has failed. Anyone having the same problem? Has CyberLink ever successfully figured out why this happens? Here is my annoyed message to them (PS I'm running this under Windows 7 64):

------------------------------------------------

For the 3rd time in my use of various PowerDVD versions, when I try to apply an upgrade (the 10.0.2113.51 upgrade - current installation is 10.0.1830.51, full retail), I get the message:

Quote:
Cannot install the patch.
Either this patch is not intended for your version of PowerDVD 10 or your system does not have a previous version of PowerDVD 10 installed.
The patch installation will abort.

Every time this happens, you send me a link to download a full retail version of the latest patch, rather than fix this issue with your updaters.

Instead of just doing that, can you PLEASE TELL ME WHY YOUR UPDATERS NEVER WORK? I have had to do this 3 times over the last few years, and you've never been able to tell me WHY your updaters fail.

WHY are your updaters failing? I'm paying a lot of money each time I buy a copy of your newest version - the least you can do is make your updaters work properly!

So - what is the problem?

AGAIN, BEFORE YOU GIVE ME A LINK TO DOWNLOAD, TELL ME WHY THE UPDATERS ARE FAILING!
post #1240 of 1609 Old 11-16-2010, 11:53 PM

So I was playing back an MP4 AVI file (1080p) with PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark II, and the message about turning off "TruTheater Effects" for best performance popped up every time I tried to play it.

So I checked "Don't tell me again" and also "I want to use these features" (instead of "temporarily turn off these features", nevermind that those features weren't even enabled when I tried to play the AVI).

Well, since then, when I play this video and click on Video/Advanced settings, "Enabled hardware acceleration (ATI Avivo)" is always greyed out and unselectable. I have seen others say they see this, but usually with older or lower end cards. I'm running an ATI 5450 with the latest Catalyst drivers, Windows 7 x64 everything current, so I'm surprised why PowerDVD 10 would think it couldn't use hardware acceleration to play back this video.

Has anyone had this problem, and knows why it happens? It doesn't happen when playing back a Blu-Ray, for example.

- Tim
post #1241 of 1609 Old 11-18-2010, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

On the topic of native 64 bit software - today we released PowerDirector 9, the first native 64 bit consumer video editor. PowerDirector 9 can take full advantage of all of the available system memory (up to 192 GB), and it runs native 64 bit instructions. It is the only video editor with hardware accelerated optimization for all major CPU and GPU platforms, including NVIDIA, AMD (ATI) and Intel HD graphics.

Our testing indicates that PowerDirector is significantly faster than any othher consumer or pro video editor. In some cases - 29 times faster (vs. Premiere Elements with a 3x3 video wall test).

A video editor is an application that can really benefit from more available system memory. We are able to cache source video clips in RAM, as well as intermediate rendering results. For video editors, speed = usability. In other words, when your video editor goes into a coma, it is effectively unusable (it's hard to edit when your preview monitor takes 30 seconds to render one frame).

A trial is available on Cyberlink.com Check it out.

Tom
Cyberlink
post #1242 of 1609 Old 11-18-2010, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:

On the topic of native 64 bit software - today we released PowerDirector 9, the first native 64 bit consumer video editor.

Can you use edl (or something similar with it) and invoke from the cmdline for background edits/transcoding?

Andy VT -
-
post #1243 of 1609 Old 11-18-2010, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post

Can you use edl (or something similar with it) and invoke from the cmdline for background edits/transcoding?

And does it support h264 video?
post #1244 of 1609 Old 11-18-2010, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

Looks like it. Even imports MKV: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/po...ats_en_US.html

Audio formats in the various containers aren't specified but I'm definitely going to try this out this weekend.

Any chance of allowing exports to MKV?
post #1245 of 1609 Old 11-18-2010, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

Looks like it. Even imports MKV: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/po...ats_en_US.html

Audio formats in the various containers aren't specified but I'm definitely going to try this out this weekend.

Any chance of allowing exports to MKV?

Doesn't seem to support MKV as an output format. Also the interface seems overly complicated for what I'd wanna do with it. Still, it does seem interesting.
post #1246 of 1609 Old 11-18-2010, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Are you kidding? Of course it does!

H.264 is quickly becoming the de-facto codec of choice for just about anything.... from consumer camcorders (AVCHD) to web video. We've long supported H.264, and it's accelerated on any graphics platform (both decode and encoding acceleration).

Virtually any level or profile of H.264 that you can throw at it. It even supports 1080P60 from the new Panasonic HDC TM700 camcorders... both input and output. You get total control when you customize your video encoding profile, and you get the widest variety of container formats.

Yes, it supports MKV and FLV container files.

Tom
post #1247 of 1609 Old 11-19-2010, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Are you kidding? Of course it does!

H.264 is quickly becoming the de-facto codec of choice for just about anything.... from consumer camcorders (AVCHD) to web video. We've long supported H.264, and it's accelerated on any graphics platform (both decode and encoding acceleration).

Virtually any level or profile of H.264 that you can throw at it. It even supports 1080P60 from the new Panasonic HDC TM700 camcorders... both input and output. You get total control when you customize your video encoding profile, and you get the widest variety of container formats.

Yes, it supports MKV and FLV container files.

Tom
No, I'm not kidding. There aren't a lot of tools out there that *PROPERLY* support h.264, no matter how popular it is. As for MKV, I see it listed as an input container, but, not as an output. You're saying it can output an MKV, as well?
post #1248 of 1609 Old 11-19-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbessie View Post
I just posted a message to CyberLink support, as below. Basically, since PowerDVD 7 Ultra, almost EVERY updater they've put out that I've tried to apply, has failed. Anyone having the same problem? Has CyberLink ever successfully figured out why this happens? Here is my annoyed message to them (PS I'm running this under Windows 7 64):

------------------------------------------------

For the 3rd time in my use of various PowerDVD versions, when I try to apply an upgrade (the 10.0.2113.51 upgrade - current installation is 10.0.1830.51, full retail), I get the message:

Every time this happens, you send me a link to download a full retail version of the latest patch, rather than fix this issue with your updaters.

Instead of just doing that, can you PLEASE TELL ME WHY YOUR UPDATERS NEVER WORK? I have had to do this 3 times over the last few years, and you've never been able to tell me WHY your updaters fail.

WHY are your updaters failing? I'm paying a lot of money each time I buy a copy of your newest version - the least you can do is make your updaters work properly!

So - what is the problem?

AGAIN, BEFORE YOU GIVE ME A LINK TO DOWNLOAD, TELL ME WHY THE UPDATERS ARE FAILING!
Your problem is similar to mine. I documented it here and here.

I finally did a full reinstall of windows, but am now very happy with TMT.
post #1249 of 1609 Old 11-19-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by izoard View Post

Your problem is similar to mine. I documented it here and here.

I finally did a full reinstall of windows, but am now very happy with TMT.

I was going to do that a long time ago, but TMT consistently CRASHED my system (I mean IMMEDIATELY - like, start TMT, system reboots instantly without an error message or anything), and I tried 2 versions of TMT.

TMT's response was "Probably a hardware incompatibility - do you want your money back?"

- Tim
post #1250 of 1609 Old 11-22-2010, 07:29 PM

I'm trying to play Bluray Toy Story 3.

My setup is:

-CPU: i3 530
-Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3
-4GB of RAM
-PowerDVD 10 Ultra MarkII
-Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Initially, I was using the onboard video and it worked decently well, but stuttered every once in a while. I decided to try a different video card. I had an ATI 2600XT that I threw in the system and now when I play it, it just shows white snow right when it tries to play the Bluray disc. When running the Advisor, it says my ATI driver is out of date, but it is the latest one with Catalyst 10.10. I also tried Catalyst 10.8 and it is giving me the same issue.

Can anyone shed some light on this one?

Thanks in advance.
post #1251 of 1609 Old 11-22-2010, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Wasn't there a new patch coming out like 2 weeks ago? Do we know what happened to it and why it's delayed?
post #1252 of 1609 Old 11-23-2010, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Wasn't there a new patch coming out like 2 weeks ago? Do we know what happened to it and why it's delayed?

Yes... the PowerDVD update was delayed a bit... now scheduled to be released on 11/25.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tom
post #1253 of 1609 Old 11-23-2010, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes... the PowerDVD update was delayed a bit... now scheduled to be released on 11/25.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tom

Thanks, Tom. You, too!
post #1254 of 1609 Old 11-25-2010, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
A couple of questions which I tried to look up, but the search terms made it impossible. I'm trying all three major products right now, and so far PowerDVD is winning, but I would like to know:

1. In the regular mode PowerDVD has a "more features" device that allows you to control menus that don't work with a mouse. I'm not seeing that feature in "cinema mode." Is it possible to get that to work in cinema mode?

2. In regular mode I get a message that the video in Win7 is changed from Aero to basic, but I'm not seeing that in "Cinema mode." Am I just missing a message or is the display different in Cinema mode in ways other that the UI?
post #1255 of 1609 Old 11-25-2010, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

11-25 is going, going gone?

post #1256 of 1609 Old 11-25-2010, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Yup, doesn't seem like we'll see a patch today.
post #1257 of 1609 Old 11-26-2010, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Nor is there one today. Hmm. I wonder what the hold up on releasing it is?
post #1258 of 1609 Old 11-26-2010, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I wonder what the hold up on releasing it is?

Mass tryptophan overdose at Cyberlink.
post #1259 of 1609 Old 11-26-2010, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

Mass tryptophan overdose at Cyberlink.

I can hardly blame them for that. I know I certainly had one yesterday. We ate very well.
post #1260 of 1609 Old 11-26-2010, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

An entirely forgivable excuse, IMO.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page