Forum Jump: 

post #1591 of 1609 Old 07-10-2011, 01:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tollanarama View Post

Hi, Sorry if this has been answered but I've browsed through all 19 pages of this thread and couldn't find the answer.

I've recently purchased PowerDVD 10 for playing bluray because of its Media Center intergration. I'm running Vista Ultimate.
I have onboard sound which is outputted via spdif.
In Media Center I get full 5.1 sound for DVD and MKV.

In PowerDVD 10 with bluray via spdif I only get 2 channel/stereo sound. I have selected DTS mixing or DD mixing.
If I select "primary audio" it still appears that I get stereo and the audio "drops" out at various intervals.
I can only change these settings in the original player. In the media center intergrated version I can only select SPDIF output; all other settings are greyed out.

Any help please?!

I have the same issue and saw no replies to your question. It seems if your only output device is SPDIF (ie not using HDMI) that it is impossible to get sound from mkv with PDVD 10, the tools/audio/output box is greyed out for spdif. Makes no sense as customers who are using spdif are the ones who would need a downmix the most.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1592 of 1609 Old 07-10-2011, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by balky View Post

Are you sure this also applies to all PDVD versions / updates when using 7MC?

TBH I doubt it...

I just upgraded to the latest version of VCD and brought PDVD10 to 2701.

BR ISOs mount and play on the main program and I ...

I have VCD 5450 but can only play Blu-ray ISOs with PDVD 2325. If I try 2701 or 2916 PDVD just shuts down with no error message.

As it was yesterday as it was a few years ago, I fear it will be on my deathbed: Oh SlyPlayer, where the #$#%!@ art thou?
post #1593 of 1609 Old 07-11-2011, 11:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I just updated from 2429 to the latest build, Seems they are getting better at 2D/3D conversions. I've been testing everything under the sun since I installed my HD 6850 and so far it's been smooth sailing. All SW players are working Win10, PDVD. BD 3D playback is now effortless utilizing AMD's HD3D solution.

Edit:
Wow I"ve been out of the loop for a while it seems you can now use anydvd rip to image and vcd for 3D .iso's. Pdvd plays these files fine haven't tested Win10 yet starting to archive all of my 3D content to my 3tb Hitachi. Hats off to slysoft for updating the virtual drive for 3D support.
post #1594 of 1609 Old 07-14-2011, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Tested Win10 for BD 3D and no go it says drive is not 3D capable meaning the virtual drive. But PDVD's latest build has no problems playing back a BD 3D .iso. I have two optical drives in my rig a GGW and Pio BDC-202 I just updated the fw for the pio to 1.7 and it still has issues with Red October BD the GGW plays and rips it fine. No new fw's for this 202 since 08.
post #1595 of 1609 Old 09-22-2011, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimo View Post

Tested Win10 for BD 3D and no go it says drive is not 3D capable meaning the virtual drive. But PDVD's latest build has no problems playing back a BD 3D .iso. I have two optical drives in my rig a GGW and Pio BDC-202 I just updated the fw for the pio to 1.7 and it still has issues with Red October BD the GGW plays and rips it fine. No new fw's for this 202 since 08.

I see there is an update from 9/16. Has anybody tried it yet to fix the .iso issue with 3D disk images out of WMC?

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/s...hes_en_US.html

Mike
post #1596 of 1609 Old 09-26-2011, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

I tested build 3306 of PDVD 10 Mk II this weekend...So far it seems to be working perfect running out of WMC with mounted .iso in 3D to an Acer 5360.

Kudos to Cyberlink..This seems like one of the most robust builds I've seen in a long time.

Mike
post #1597 of 1609 Old 03-01-2012, 09:01 AM

My equipment:

Dell Inspiron 1564 laptop
Intel HD graphics card - which I know is capable of 3D
LG external Blu-ray ROM
Acer X1261P projector; connected with VGA
Ultraclear DLP glasses

I can play blu-rays with no issue. However, when trying to play a 3D blu-ray (Legend of the Guardians), PowerDVD says that it can't play in time-sequential format. Then it TRIES to play it, but the image is incredibly shaky.

The projector confirms that it's getting 120Hz from the laptop at 1024x768.

Any ideas what's going on? I feel like I'm incredibly close to getting this to work. If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks.
post #1598 of 1609 Old 03-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by injekted View Post

I can play blu-rays with no issue. However, when trying to play a 3D blu-ray (Legend of the Guardians), PowerDVD says that it can't play in time-sequential format. Then it TRIES to play it, but the image is incredibly shaky.

The projector confirms that it's getting 120Hz from the laptop at 1024x768.

Any ideas what's going on? I feel like I'm incredibly close to getting this to work. If you need more information, please let me know.

Thanks.

I had a similar issue when playing the Lion King 3D. I freaked out thinking they're forcing me to upgrade because it was a newer BD. However, I backed up my PC, downloaded the lastest update and the "shaking" was gone. Just my 2 cents...
post #1599 of 1609 Old 10-30-2012, 02:56 PM

I am attempting to play a 3d bluray for the first time and I notice that the indicator light for the infrared emitter on my Asus VG278 display is not lighting up, and I do not notice any 3d effects while watching the movie. The movie is Hugo 3d. My video adapter is a GTX 670. I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit., and I'm using the active-shutter glasses that came with the Asus monitor. The "info" tab in PowerDVD 10 Ultra shows: "3DNow! Technology: Not Detected". I've successfully run through the 3d set-up in the Nvidia Control Panel and the infrared emitter indicator light comes on during the set-up.

Can anyone help me to understand what I need to do to get PowerDVD 10 to get my infrared emitter turned on and correctly show the 3d effects during the movie?
post #1600 of 1609 Old 04-04-2013, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
Is anyone else still using the classic PowerDVD 10?
post #1601 of 1609 Old 04-05-2013, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMenke View Post

Is anyone else still using the classic PowerDVD 10?

Still using the Ultra 10 here.
post #1602 of 1609 Old 04-05-2013, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

Ultra 10 here as well. smile.gif

Wow, just realized why you asked. I just noticed my last post was more than a year ago and that's just a couple of posts up! Guess people have moved on...
post #1603 of 1609 Old 04-05-2013, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Comrades! biggrin.gif

I was asking to find out if anyone is still using PowerDVD 10 successfully, because my installation is "broken" and I can't figure out what's wrong with it. Using AnyDVD HD, I have my Blu-ray disks backed up to a NAS and to a local HDD in my HTPC as ISO image files. It has worked great and I love having access to all of my content on the PC.

Before the trouble started, to watch them I would double-click the ISO file and it would mount as a virtual drive in Virtual Clone Drive. Then PowerDVD 10 would automatically load the "disk". What's happening now is that sometimes the ISO will not mount in VCD. When it does mount, sometimes PowerDVD 10 will not fire up. In other cases, PowerDVD 10 will fire up and start to play through the introductory chapters for a couple of minutes, then PowerDVD 10 just exits and shuts itself down.

I don't know what it is...here are my three guesses:

1) Windows 7 update has broken something

2) The newer Blu-rays will not play because PowerDVD 10 has not been updated for a long time with new AACS keys (or whatever).

3) Cinavia? Although I don't think should be an issue...I don't think PowerDVD 10 detects this, does it?

Measures taken so far:

A) Removed and re-installed VCD. Didn't work.

B) I went back and installed PowerDVD 9 from the disk that came with my Blu-ray drive. Afterward, it needed to update the first time I started it, so I did this.

C) Then I re-downloaded my (paid) PowerDVD 10 Upgrade (from 8 or 9...needs to see one of them installed in order to proceed) from the original email link, and then updated it as with 9.

Still not working.

As a trial, I downloaded the 30-day evaluation of Corel WinDVD 11. It works perfectly fine, although it does everything slow...load times are close to unbearable but at least it works. I don't like WinDVD 11 nearly as much as PowerDVD 10 and would really like to figure out what's going on with 10.
post #1604 of 1609 Old 04-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Comrades! biggrin.gif

I was asking to find out if anyone is still using PowerDVD 10 successfully, because my installation is "broken" and I can't figure out what's wrong with it. Using AnyDVD HD, I have my Blu-ray disks backed up to a NAS and to a local HDD in my HTPC as ISO image files. It has worked great and I love having access to all of my content on the PC.

Before the trouble started, to watch them I would double-click the ISO file and it would mount as a virtual drive in Virtual Clone Drive. Then PowerDVD 10 would automatically load the "disk". What's happening now is that sometimes the ISO will not mount in VCD. When it does mount, sometimes PowerDVD 10 will not fire up. In other cases, PowerDVD 10 will fire up and start to play through the introductory chapters for a couple of minutes, then PowerDVD 10 just exits and shuts itself down.

2) The newer Blu-rays will not play because PowerDVD 10 has not been updated for a long time with new AACS keys (or whatever).

3) Cinavia? Although I don't think should be an issue...I don't think PowerDVD 10 detects this, does it?

Measures taken so far:

B) I went back and installed PowerDVD 9 from the disk that came with my Blu-ray drive. Afterward, it needed to update the first time I started it, so I did this.

C) Then I re-downloaded my (paid) PowerDVD 10 Upgrade (from 8 or 9...needs to see one of them installed in order to proceed) from the original email link, and then updated it as with 9.

Still not working.

As a trial, I downloaded the 30-day evaluation of Corel WinDVD 11. It works perfectly fine, although it does everything slow...load times are close to unbearable but at least it works. I don't like WinDVD 11 nearly as much as PowerDVD 10 and would really like to figure out what's going on with 10.

Yeah, I cannot offer much help as this time. The only issue I ran into with mounting was when I had VCD configured for more than 1 drive (if I remember correctly). Otherwise, I am in the process of renovating my HT so my very similar setup has been out of commission for at least 50 days. in another 2-3 weeks, I will be putting it back into production and will probably do an update (after cloning the drive of course). If it was indeed an update that caused it, I will let you know if I run into the same issues
post #1605 of 1609 Old 04-05-2013, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks Isdavinci. Hopefully things go well for you.

I would be willing to "upgrade" to a newer PDVD but people seem to be unhappy with 12. 13 is out and I guess so is the jury. I suspect that newer iterations with Cinavia pretty much sink the idea of making personal backups and setting up home movie servers...
post #1606 of 1609 Old 04-05-2013, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

Comrades! biggrin.gif

Measures taken so far:

Still not working.

So apparently downgrading/uninstalling IE wasn't the answer. I'm still using PDVD 10 on occasion and it's still working but I rarely do updates to Windows 7 since the last time I ran into the IE issue. AACS won't be an issue if you're decrypting your discs which you're doing with AnyDVD. Everything I play with it is decrypted otherwise it goes into an endless PDVD needs to update loop which never completes...I suspect it's a Cyberlink gentle nudge to upgrade. smile.gif

Did you check your file associations and/or autoplay settings to see if the update messed with them? In case you don't know right click an ISO file and choose open with VCD and check the box that says always use this. For autoplay go into Control Panel, then Autoplay and set Blu-ray Disc to PDVD. It's always possible the latest update hosed VCD and not PDVD which you may need to wait for an update to fix.
post #1607 of 1609 Old 04-05-2013, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djc11369 View Post

So apparently downgrading/uninstalling IE wasn't the answer. I'm still using PDVD 10 on occasion and it's still working but I rarely do updates to Windows 7 since the last time I ran into the IE issue. AACS won't be an issue if you're decrypting your discs which you're doing with AnyDVD. Everything I play with it is decrypted otherwise it goes into an endless PDVD needs to update loop which never completes...I suspect it's a Cyberlink gentle nudge to upgrade. smile.gif

Did you check your file associations and/or autoplay settings to see if the update messed with them? In case you don't know right click an ISO file and choose open with VCD and check the box that says always use this. For autoplay go into Control Panel, then Autoplay and set Blu-ray Disc to PDVD. It's always possible the latest update hosed VCD and not PDVD which you may need to wait for an update to fix.

Thanks for your helpful posts. I rolled back to IE9. It is fine and I see no reason to run IE10.

Yes, AACS is being removed during backups, so good point the keys shouldn't be the issue. If I were to ever upgrade to a newer (Cinavia-enabled) software player, I guess this would become a problem when the software detects the Cinavia audio watermark but does not find AACS in the file.

Miraculously, PowerDVD 10 is back in action tonight. Last night, I did find that my PDVD10 settings were messed up as well as VCD was set to four drives instead of one. I carefully went back through everything and put it all back the way I "think" it used to be, including file associations; lo and behold I am back in business!

Thanks once again for offering assistance!
post #1608 of 1609 Old 04-13-2013, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Well I spoke too soon I guess. PDVD10 broke again a week ago so I decided to seriously look into alternatives. I decided to go for ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 6 and I am glad I did! It is rock-stable and I was surprised to find that the PQ improved noticeably over PDVD 10.

I also like the free TM Remote app for Android, which I installed on my Nexus 7 tablet. That allows me to do transport control without the overlay popping up on screen - very nice. As far as downsides, only two nits. 1) TMT6 loads a bit slower than PDVD 10, and also I have not figured out how to set it up as a "living room" interface...all of the menus and fonts are tiny and hard to see from a distance.
post #1609 of 1609 Old 11-05-2013, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Anyone have the full install for 10. I have bought 7, 8, 9, 10 and 13. PowerDVD 13 crashes and they still have not fixed it and now I can’t get 10 to install after I install 9. PowerDVD 9 installs and works fine but I got the full install from them. PowerDVD 10 gets stuck on creating icons and will not finish installing.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page