AVS Forum banner

* Official * Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 Ultra thread

295K views 2K replies 291 participants last post by  Tanquen 
#1 ·
Cyberlink is pleased to announce the availability of PowerDVD 10 Ultra . PowerDVD 10 ushers in the era of high quality 3D video in the home, with support for a full range of 3D Video formats and display systems, including dual-stream sequential frame. PowerDVD 10 supports all available 3D display hardware, with hardware accelerated dual-stream MVC decoding available on the latest graphics hardware.

PowerDVD 10 is designed to be a Universal Video player, with the highest possible video decoding and playback performance on any hardware platform. In addition to all of the previously supported video formats (WMV, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, AVC (H.264), DV, HDV, AVCHD), PowerDVD 10 adds support for MKV, Flash (H.264 only), DivX and Real video. PowerDVD is also a universal music player, with a great new user interface that allows you to quickly find and enjoy your media (including support for Windows 7 Libraries).

PowerDVD 10 adds several options, giving videophiles the most powerful video enhancement tools available anywhere.

* TrueTheater HD - upsamples SD video

* TrueTheater Lighting - improves color, contrast and brightness

* TrueTheater Motion - eliminates motion judder when playing 24P content on a 60 Hz display

* TrueTheater Noise Reduction - reduce noise caused by high video gain or compression artifacts

* TrueTheater Stabilizer - image stabilization improves home movies shot from small handheld cameras

* TrueTheater 3D - adds depth to DVDs in real-time

PowerDVD 10 Ultra customers will get a free upgrade to PowerDVD 10 Mark II, which will offer full support for Blu-ray 3D. Mark II will be available when Blu-ray 3D titles are launched, later in the spring or early summer.

We have been meeting with the press, and showing them demos of the amazing 3D quality available with PowerDVD 10. This really has to be seen to be appreciated.

I'll be around to answer questions and engage in constructive conversation.

Tom

Cyberlink

See less See more
#1,327 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanquen /forum/post/19683426

Mine is working with a ATI 5970 and 10.12 drivers. ??? I do have an issue with my new AVR but I'm sure it has nothing to do with PowerDVD as it affects all HDMI audio out of the PC.

I've seen a few folks with No Signal not getting video but I'm having an issue with my HTPC and HDMI audio. Video and audio always work when sent directly to the TV but now that I've added the 5008 in I basically never have HDMI audio from the HTPC.

The only way I can get it to work is to set the HTPC to the video profile for 1920x1080 have the 5008 on and set to the PC input and have the TV on. At this point I have video only and the 5008 has No Signal on the display. I then reboot the HTPC and I will then have audio. Unplugging the HDMI cable has no effect, turning the 5008 off and then back on has no effect and disabling the HDMI audio device (ATI 5970) in Windows (7-64bit) and then enabling it has no effect.

I don't know what the 5008 thinks that it must see when the HTPC boots up but the TV could care less, it always streams the audio.

That's rather odd. There's a couple of us with the same issue with the 10.12 HDMI driver and PDVD. So it's not just me. I wasn't even the first to report it on this forum. I just decided to report it to Cyberlink and see where they stood on it. Hmmm. In any case I think I've decided to go back to the 10.11 HDMI driver and keep the 10.12 video driver. I'm not a huge fan of the hybrid installs but in this case I think it makes sense as the 10.12 HDMI driver is completely screwed up IMO.

As for your problem, is there an option on your AVR to pass audio through? If so, turn that off. We've seen in a few cases that if the AVR tries to pass audio to the TV it breaks the audio. If that's not it, you may want to check out the EDID override thread and see if Tulli or Vladd can take a look for you.

#1,329 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd /forum/post/19684976

I have the issue as well but never said anything since I figured enough people were reporting the issue to call it as confirmed.

Thanks, Vladd. Tulli reported it, as well, so, I'm fairly sure given the 3 of us are having problems that there is a problem to be fixed.

#1,332 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL /forum/post/19684024

That's rather odd. There's a couple of us with the same issue with the 10.12 HDMI driver and PDVD. So it's not just me. I wasn't even the first to report it on this forum. I just decided to report it to Cyberlink and see where they stood on it. Hmmm. In any case I think I've decided to go back to the 10.11 HDMI driver and keep the 10.12 video driver. I'm not a huge fan of the hybrid installs but in this case I think it makes sense as the 10.12 HDMI driver is completely screwed up IMO.

As for your problem, is there an option on your AVR to pass audio through? If so, turn that off. We've seen in a few cases that if the AVR tries to pass audio to the TV it breaks the audio. If that's not it, you may want to check out the EDID override thread and see if Tulli or Vladd can take a look for you.

Wait, is the HDMI driver a separate driver install from the Catalyst Suite? It looks like I'm using HDMI driver 7.11.0.7710 and not the latest. Begs the question: Where did I get the one I have now as I've never installed an HDMI audio driver? I don't see it under Catalyst Packages or Individual Downloads or Optional Downloads. Confused

The HDMI audio pass-through to the TV is disabled. Maybe my old HDMI Audio driver is the problem.

#1,333 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanquen /forum/post/19686227

Wait, is the HDMI driver a separate driver install from the Catalyst Suite? It looks like I'm using HDMI driver 7.11.0.7710 and not the latest. Begs the question: Where did I get the one I have now as I've never installed an HDMI audio driver? I don't see it under Catalyst Packages or Individual Downloads or Optional Downloads. Confused

The HDMI audio pass-through to the TV is disabled. Maybe my old HDMI Audio driver is the problem.

It is not a separate install, no. The version you have installed was installed by the Cat 10.11 installer. If you have 10.12 installed it should have upgraded it. (Of course, that'd probably end up being bad in this case.
) I always choose a custom install when doing Cat installs so I can see what's being selected for install.

As for your issue, I don't think it's the HDMI driver. Could be an EDID thing, but, I'm not an expert in that area. That's why I recommended posting in the EDID thread and see if Tulli or Vladd can take a look for you.

#1,336 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL /forum/post/19686389

Yea, I uninstalled the 10.12 HDMI driver so I don't remember the version offhand, but, it's generally something like that.

Thanks again. So, if I did upgrade then the HD audio will no longer work?

That is so odd. I did a clean install and have no idea how I still have the old HDMI audio driver. ???

The EDID thing sounds like it's for folks that can't get HD audio or certain type to stream at all. It seems to work fine if I boot everything in the right order. I'll go ahead and post there and see if they think it's something that EDID Overrides could help with.

#1,337 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanquen /forum/post/19686437

Thanks again. So, if I did upgrade then the HD audio will no longer work?

That is so odd. I did a clean install and have no idea how I still have the old HDMI audio driver. ???

Good question.
Seems bad. I'd leave that driver, though.

Quote:
The EDID thing sounds like it's for folks that can't get HD audio or certain type to stream at all. It seems to work fine if I boot everything in the right order. I'll go ahead and post there and see if they think it's something that EDID Overrides could help with.

Um, that sounds EXACTLY like an EDID problem!

#1,340 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry J /forum/post/19695300

No, I'm using 10.11. Maybe I should go back to 10.10. I don't know but I cannot get audio in cinema mode and I really don't know why, besides how buggy everything seems to be. But it use to work ok.

I'm not sure. I'm on 10.11 HDMI driver with 10.12 video driver and I ended up using PDVD10 last night to watch a movie. Had no problems at all.

#1,341 ·
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Please allow me to briefly introduce myself, I am located in CyberLink HQ in Taipei, and will be continuing Tom's fine job on providing CyberLink support in AVSForum.

I am still getting myself familiar with AVSForum and will be getting up to speed on helping you guys on PowerDVD 10 questions in no time, I promise

Greetings from

Tony

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you

#1,344 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL /forum/post/19700018

Tom left Cyberlink. Did you miss his farewell post?

Welcome, Tony!

Yes, i've missed that post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberlinkUSA /forum/post/19623608

Hi All,

After 2 + incredible years at Cyberlink, I am moving on. I am at heart a product manager and I have been offered the opportunity to lead product management for WinZip at Corel.

Let me introduce Tony Tsai from Cyberlink. Tony works in Cyberink's HQ in Taipei. Tony will show up here as needed to answer questions or let you know about new products and updates.

Until we meet again... take care!

Tom Vaughan

Director of Business Development

Cyberlink

Best wishes to you Tom.

#1,347 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberLink_TW
Good news! For those who are having trouble with HDMI HD Audio output on Catalyst 10.12. A patch will be released before 12/31 to get this issue fixed, please check back on the upates in several days.

That's very good news! Thanks!!

#1,348 ·
Welcome again Tony! Really enjoying the upgrade from PDVD8 to PDVD10U 3D. Taking advantage of the 2D->3D function to watch Avatar in 3D. Looks better than it did in the theater last year. Getting a green screen watching Human Centipede BR though. Maybe that's a good thing ha ha.

#1,350 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob7145 /forum/post/19702079

Getting a green screen watching Human Centipede BR though. Maybe that's a good thing ha ha.

The "green screen" you are seeing is the puke emitted by you while watching that movie. You just don't realize it because you passed out from the horror and woke up like nothing happened.

#1,351 ·
Ha ha ha ha ha
The green is kinds Christmasy.

Watched Dead Snow 2D -> 3D the other day, good one.

The Human Centipede BluRay is the only movie so far that does not work right. Starts green screen, then a brief animated logo on black background then back to green screen while the movie rolls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.