post #541 of 1529 Old 01-29-2011, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Walford,

lets give it a go:

you have a 3D TV and i wonder what happens if you use Stereoscopic Player instead of commercial 3D TV Play.

Please give it a go with its trial version. It is completely functional, just limited with first five minutes.

http://www.3dtv.at/Downloads/Index_en.aspx

And try to open 3d files on your HDD and please feedback.

Thanks.

Chronical Tester
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1529 Old 01-30-2011, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

But this not an obligation.
You can easily configure 3D for 3D BD unless registering 3D TV Play.

You can play games and read 3D files from HDD when you buy 40 buck SW.
But i'm sure Stereoscopic Player will do the same job as well but i can not prove it since i don't have a 3D TV. (anyway i'm 99 percent sure that nVidia 3D TV Play is Stereoscopic Player.)

I hope somebody take a look.

EDIT: While i was answering Walford deleted his own post; i bewared later.

Chronical Tester
post #543 of 1529 Old 01-30-2011, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricabullah View Post

But this not an obligation.
You can easily configure 3D for 3D BD unless registering 3D TV Play.

You can play games and read 3D files from HDD when you buy 40 buck SW.
But i'm sure Stereoscopic Player will do the same job as well but i can not prove it since i don't have a 3D TV. (anyway i'm 99 percent sure that nVidia 3D TV Play is Stereoscopic Player.)

I hope somebody take a look.

EDIT: While i was answering Walford deleted his own post; i bewared later.

So I'm kind of confused with all this back and forth. I want to get this straight.

What exactly is the difference between 3d TV Play and Vision SW?
As far as 3D BD playback, I don't need either play or vision SW? Just my Htpc with gtx 460, and tmt5/pdvd10, 3d plasma tv

So Vision is just for 2d to 3d conversion of vids stored on HDD and playing and converting 3d games?

Also I would be using my 3d vt25 plasma with its own glasses, so would I need the NVIDIA package and or glasses or emitter for any reason?

Pioneer Kuro...your time is up...mwahahhahhha
post #544 of 1529 Old 01-30-2011, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydrunk View Post

So I'm kind of confused with all this back and forth. I want to get this straight.

What exactly is the difference between 3d TV Play and Vision SW?
As far as 3D BD playback, I don't need either play or vision SW? Just my Htpc with gtx 460, and tmt5/pdvd10, 3d plasma tv

So Vision is just for 2d to 3d conversion of vids stored on HDD and playing and converting 3d games?

Also I would be using my 3d vt25 plasma with its own glasses, so would I need the NVIDIA package and or glasses or emitter for any reason?

joeydrunk,

I was thinking i could explain everything in this post:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=538

No, you will never need nVidia glasses; your plasma will use it's own glasses and those glasses use TV's internal emitter.

Chronical Tester
post #545 of 1529 Old 01-30-2011, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

joeydrunk,

I was thinking i could explain everything in this post:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=538

No, you will never need nVidia glasses; your plasma will use it's own glasses and those glasses use TV's internal emitter.

This post was on that link, he says you can get the sw for free if you have a 4** card, but only for watching bd's, but you need to pay the 39.99 if you want to be able to play games. Why would you even need it for free to only watch bd's If you don't have to have the sw for watching bd's, that dosnt make sense.
Originally Posted by walford

jhoff,

So you are saying that if you have a 4xx Nvida card that you can download, install, and runn the 260.99 drivers for free which include the support for 3DTV play only if you are using them to watch a 3D BR disk. But you can not use them to play a game on a 3DTV TV using a HDMI 1.4a 3D format unless you pay the $39.99 price for them.
That's my understanding of it, yes.

post #546 of 1529 Old 01-30-2011, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This post was on that link, he says you can get the sw for free if you have a 4** card, but only for watching bd's, but you need to pay the 39.99 if you want to be able to play games. Why would you even need it for free to only watch bd's If you don't have to have the sw for watching bd's, that dosnt make sense.
Originally Posted by walford

jhoff,

So you are saying that if you have a 4xx Nvida card that you can download, install, and runn the 260.99 drivers for free which include the support for 3DTV play only if you are using them to watch a 3D BR disk. But you can not use them to play a game on a 3DTV TV using a HDMI 1.4a 3D format unless you pay the $39.99 price for them.
That's my understanding of it, yes.

My friend are you sure we are speaking on the same post or are you joking?????
(second part is OK but missing. When you install Graphics drivers, 3DTv drivers -not 3D TV Play SW- installed automatically. (they are inside the graphics driver package.)

And you have to use any external commercial player for 3DBD.

(YOU WILL NEVER PLAY ANY 3D BD OVER NVIDIA PLAYER)

Chronical Tester
post #547 of 1529 Old 01-30-2011, 11:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
I admint I published some confusing information , I apologize
Read the contents of following link closely and the system requirements link also as I believe them to be fully acccurate.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play-buy.html
post #548 of 1529 Old 01-30-2011, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

No, nothing to apologize. We are together searching the right information.

Chronical Tester
post #549 of 1529 Old 01-30-2011, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My friend are you sure we are speaking on the same post or are you joking?????
(second part is OK but missing. When you install Graphics drivers, 3DTv drivers -not 3D TV Play SW- installed automatically. (they are inside the graphics driver package.)

And you have to use any external commercial player for 3DBD.

(YOU WILL NEVER PLAY ANY 3D BD OVER NVIDIA PLAYER)

I just repeated everything from that quote, from the link you gave me. Their was a big contradiction I was asking you about, but I guess you didn't understand what I was saying. It's good though, thanks for the info.

post #550 of 1529 Old 01-30-2011, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just repeated everything from that quote, from the link you gave me. Their was a big contradiction I was asking you about, but I guess you didn't understand what I was saying. It's good though, thanks for the info.

Lets compare and have a look at if there is any contradiction:

Quote:

This post was on that link, he says you can get the sw for free if you have a 4** card, but only for watching bd's, but you need to pay the 39.99 if you want to be able to play games. Why would you even need it for free to only watch bd's If you don't have to have the sw for watching bd's, that dosnt make sense..

When i read that i didn't believe into my eyes and i checked the link again i gave whether it's the same llink or not. Yes there is a big contradiction on above decoded post.

The original was:
Quote:

3D TV Play is 3D Vision Player also.

If you have a DLP device (DLP TV or PJ), 3D TV Play SW is nVidia 3D Vision Player,

If you have a 3D TV or PJ (HDMI 1.4). 3D TV Play SW is nVidia 3D TV Play.

nVidia 3D Vision is for DLP based devices , nVidia Vision PCs :

Even you watch 3D BDs or play games at least you must have one nVidia kit for its emitter since unless having an emitter you will never install 3D vision controller driver and never have 3D mode.
So nVidia doesn't need you to pay the SW seperately since you already paid while buying an nVidia kit.
In this case after installing the ordinary NV drivers, you must install nVidia 3DVision Controller driver seperately.
You will find this driver and nVidia 3D Vision Player (for free) on nVidia CD coming with nVidia kit or on Geforce site:
http://www.geforce.com/#/Drivers/Results/24632
NVIDIA 3D VISION PLAYER WILL NEVER PLAY 3D BDs, you can use it for reading 3D files from HDD or playing games

But for both cases (DLP or 3D TV) you will always need an external 3D BD Player; like TMT, PDVD, WinDVD...

EDIT: You can not activate 3D TV Play SW if you have a DLP device, you must have a 3D Tv to activate it. In this case don't buy it by mistake.

EDIT: BTW guys pls don't forget to anwer my previous post; i must confirm.
_____

I would decode this so:
Quote:

This post was on that link, he says if you have a DLP Link device (monitor, TV or PJ), you must buy at least one nVidia kit (includes one pair of nvidia eye-wear+emitter+nvidia CD) since unless having an emitter you will never install 3D vision controller driver and never have 3D mode.
And he says you don't need to pay 40 bucks for the SW because you will find the SW inside the CD for free but you will never use it for watcing 3D BDs.
He says" NVIDIA 3D VISION PLAYER WILL NEVER PLAY 3D BDs, you can use it for reading 3D files from HDD or playing games."

Then what is that seperately sold "3D TV Play SW"?

This is optional for 3DTV owners not for DLP owners. and used for Gaming and reading files from HDD for 3DTVs. 3DBDs never need it and it never work with those BDs. You will again need an external commercial player for them.
(the second part of the post on the link explains 3DTV+nVidia.)

Hope it has been clarified now?

EDIT:Additonal note:

Nvidia Vision term is used when nVidia GPUS used with a DLP-Link device and that kind of PC is named as "nVidia Vision PC/laptop)
Nvidia 3D TV Play term is used when nVidia GPUs used with a 3DTV and that kind of PC is named as "nVidia 3D TV Play PC/laptop)
_ _ _ _ _

Chronical Tester
post #551 of 1529 Old 01-30-2011, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

3D TV owners.

I need your contribution for these:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=534

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=541

Thanks in advance.

Chronical Tester
post #552 of 1529 Old 01-30-2011, 02:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

You could have a 2010 xx738 or xx838 3D Mits RP DLP TV and use only the $40 Nvidia 3DTV play package for HDMI 1.4a 3D content from Cable,Satellte, 3D BR players or the 3D PS3 Blu-ray player. Hiowever, you could not play 3D play games on it.
post #553 of 1529 Old 01-30-2011, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

I was telling 3D ready DLP TVs, not new generation HDMI 1.4 DLP TVs.
Maybe somebody will feedback?

I can not prove as i told before but i'm almost sure nVidia 3D TV Play is Stereoscopic Player itself and it can never play live satellite broadcast. You can just play recorded broadcast as file.

EDIT: BTW i still don't know what DVB-S/S2 SW is able to show live 3D broadcast? Or are there any yet?

Chronical Tester
post #554 of 1529 Old 01-30-2011, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

You could have a 2010 xx738 or xx838 3D Mits RP DLP TV and use only the $40 Nvidia 3DTV play package for HDMI 1.4a 3D content from Cable,Satellte, 3D BR players or the 3D PS3 Blu-ray player. Hiowever, you could not play 3D play games on it.

Walford, what is your source? How do you know this?

Chronical Tester
post #555 of 1529 Old 01-30-2011, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was telling 3D ready DLP TVs, not new generation HDMI 1.4 DLP TVs.
Maybe somebody will feedback?

Wait, i remembered TViewer2000's trials: (He does have Mits RP 73738 (with lastest firmware update) )

Quote:

Sorry, not have any experience on Checkerboard format but i guess you should set TMT 3D Stereo Settings to:

General Settings > select "Checkerboard"
Viewing Environment > select "3D Ready DLP HDTVs" option.

EDIT: BTW i don't remember TMT3 with 3D plug includes a "checkerboard" option.
EDIT: I think you can see this option only if you have a DLP TV, correct?

Quote:

If it's a 3DBD, you need 6870 or 6850 with 10.10 hotfix-e. (or if you don't insist on ati select an nvidia 430 or upper.)

Those cards are for gaming+2D to 3D conversion+3D photos viewing: (including your 5670):

http://www.amd.com/us/products/techn...-hardware.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TViewer2000 View Post

Once you get the desktop settings correct TMT will play 3D on a DLP TV with HD audio using a 5*** series card. (Checkerboard output though).

Quote:

Nope, everything is working great finally.

Quote:

Make sure you are outputting in DLP Mode (Checkerboard), your receiver should have no problem with this mode. If you are outputting in any other mode from PDVD, then I would not run the HDMI to the receiver but directly to the Convertor Box. The Onkyos seem to have issues with 3D pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtualizer View Post

Right now you have 2 choices for 3D gaming:
1. NVidia Graphics Card - NVidia released there own Drivers and Tools (3DTVPlay) which work with the frame packing formats for flatpanel 3D TVs
2. ATI/AMD Graphics Card - AMD released the Drivers which can output frame packing formats. 3rd party Tools are still required to feed the special interface of the graphics driver. i.e. "DDD (Tridef)" or "IZ3D". Personally I use the Tridef version with an AMD Card and I'm very pleased with the results.

EDIT: The latest post added for the additional information on games.

Chronical Tester
post #556 of 1529 Old 01-30-2011, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

So what is not clear for me now is if those HDMI 1.4 DLP TVs still need an external emitter for installing 3D with an nVidia card? (3D ready DLP TVs need it.)
Maybe TViewer2000 help us?

Chronical Tester
post #557 of 1529 Old 01-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma957 View Post

Where do you see the option for 120Hz Time Sequential 3D? I'm trying to use a a Radeon 6850 with an Acer H5360. The only 3D options PowerDVD 10 gives me are Anaglyph, Checkerboard, Row-Interleaved, and NVIDIA 3D Vision Ready Monitor. I'm running PowerDVD 2429 and Catalyst 11.1.

"Nvidia 3d Vision Ready Monitor" gives me 120Hz frame-sequential on my hd 5450 (PDVD 23xx). I suggest you try that.
post #558 of 1529 Old 01-31-2011, 06:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Walford, what is your source? How do you know this?

To play 3D games using Nvidia 3D Vision and you don't need 3D Vision just 3DTV play to use HDMI 1.4a 3D formats on a xx738 or xx838 RP DLP since the functionality of the Mits 3D adapter is now suppored in these two models.
You then have a choice of using DLP-Link glases or of using a IR Glasses with their supported emitter.

Nvidia 3D vision requires that it's emitter be connected to your PC in order to validate your 3D Vision license. You don't have to use any glasses with that emitter you can use DLP-Link glasses instead.
post #559 of 1529 Old 01-31-2011, 09:49 AM

Liked: 14
To hopefully summarize and clarify some of these compatibility issues I can give you my firsthand experience.
To watch 3D blu ray with Nvidia GTX 460 or GT 430 with Powerdvd/TMT5 you do not need the emitter if you are using an hdmi 1.4 display or a checkerboard capable Mitsubishi dlp. If you are using one of the 120hz frame sequential displays (Acer H5360 ) you must have emitter or The Nvidia control panel will not allow 3D to be enabled.
With ATI 5 and 6 series cards you can watch 3D blu ray on any of the aformentioned displays. Although 5 series cards do not accelerate 3D playback and may cause stuttering.
Hope this helps,
Bob P.
post #560 of 1529 Old 01-31-2011, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpalmblad View Post

you do not need the emitter if you are using ***or a checkerboard capable Mitsubishi dlp.

Is ıt valid for non HDMI 1.4a Mits series too?

Chronical Tester
post #561 of 1529 Old 01-31-2011, 04:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Checkerboard can be used with any Mits 3D ready RP DLP set. All of them except for the recently released xx738 and xx838 have HDMI 1.3 receiver chips in them and you can use DLP-linke glasses or an IR emitter and compatible IR glasees with then when sending them checkerboard formatted 3D content.
post #562 of 1529 Old 01-31-2011, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Normally DLP-Link technology sends the signals from the screen to glasses and you will never need any external emitter.
But nVidia wants to sell at least one emitter to install its drivers. After payment you can use any DLP glasses on DLP mode. (Ati doesn't need such kind of funny selling technics
You can watch directly with DLP Link glasses.)

So you say you will never need any nVidia emitter with previous series of Mits as well as new 1.4 series?
Confirmed?
Or we don't need any emitter just for those new series xx738 and xx838?
Or i misunderstood?
(It's my turn )

Chronical Tester
post #563 of 1529 Old 01-31-2011, 05:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

You need a connected Nvidiia emitter if you plan to send frame sequential 3d game content using Nvidia 3D vision.
If you use a Mits 3D adapter to send Checkerboard 3D content to a 3D RP DLP from HDMI 1.41a 3D sources then you have no need for for 3D vision from a PC for games.
post #564 of 1529 Old 01-31-2011, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member

OK can we say except new series of Mits, we will still need those silly emitters? (for 3D BD, for games)

Chronical Tester
post #565 of 1529 Old 02-01-2011, 05:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

No, all 3D capable DLP PJs and TVs support the use of DLP-Link glases and none require the actual use of IR glases and compatible emitters.
post #566 of 1529 Old 02-01-2011, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

No, all 3D capable DLP PJs and TVs support the use of DLP-Link glases and none require the actual use of IR glases and compatible emitters.

I don't think so; i'm afraid you are still going on spreading false information unless getting any real confirmation.
Check out first post-first item and have a look at this:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=477

For new generation 1.4 DLP Mits there shouldn't be any need to use external emitter.

What is missing on this thread is real feedbacks.

Whoever fixes his own issue disappears from this thread instead of giving help to others.

Real DLP TV (non 1.4 HDMI DLP TV) owners please confirm me or not? Do you need at least one nvidia emitter to install 3D mode for nvidia?
_ _ _ _ _ _

Chronical Tester
post #567 of 1529 Old 02-01-2011, 03:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

We are getting confused with each others responses
I have never said that if you want to use Nvidai 3D vision to play 3D games that you did not need the Nividia 3D vision emitter connected to your PC. What I have said that is that you do need to actually use it with any glasses. You can use it with either Nvidia IR glasses or with DLP-link glasses.
At least you and I are in agreement that if you have a xx738 0f xx838 Mits RP DLP TV that there is no need for an external emitter.
Also please see the instructions for use of glasssewith the Mits 3D adapter which provides checkerboard output for all RP DLP 3D capabable TVs.

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/pdf/3DA...heet060810.pdf

What specific statements that I have made do you disagree with?
post #568 of 1529 Old 02-01-2011, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

You and also me have no idea on non-HDMI 1.4 DLP TVs.
But at least i have a similar device: Acer 5360 and not only for games but for 3DBDs as well it needs at least one nvidia emitter. Because unless having that emitter you will never able to install 3d stuff for nvidia.
I have Xpan and Optoma DLP glasses and i can use them with my Acer 5360 without any problem but i have to use one nvidia emitter. (Even my DLP Link glasses do not use that emitter.)
So i think non-HDMI 1.4 DLP Mits owners will have the same issue.
But i have no feedback yet so i can not prove it.

Chronical Tester
post #569 of 1529 Old 02-01-2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:

Walford,

lets give it a go:

you have a 3D TV and i wonder what happens if you use Stereoscopic Player instead of commercial 3D TV Play.

Please give it a go with its trial version. It is completely functional, just limited with first five minutes.

And try to open 3d files on your HDD and please feedback.

Thanks.

This player is horrible. For a side by side content i use pantarheon.org/AviSynth3DToolbox/ which is AviSynth plugin. Scripts look like this
Code:
## Canyon
lv = DirectShowSource("D:\\3d\\Grand.3DBD\\Grand.Canyon.3DBD.Left.1080p.DTS.x264-SWEMUX.mkv")
rv = DirectShowSource("D:\\3d\\Grand.3DBD\\Grand.Canyon.3DBD.Right.1080p.DTS.x264-SWEMUX.mkv")
LeftRight3DReduced(lv, rv)
and can be played in every directshow player (like MPC-HC).

If you want subtitles you need this sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/files/VSFilter/. Then all you have to do is add:
Code:
## Canyon
lv = DirectShowSource("D:\\3d\\Grand.3DBD\\Grand.Canyon.3DBD.Left.1080p.DTS.x264-SWEMUX.mkv").textSub("D:\\downloads\\grand_sub.srt")
rv = DirectShowSource("D:\\3d\\Grand.3DBD\\Grand.Canyon.3DBD.Right.1080p.DTS.x264-SWEMUX.mkv").textSub("D:\\downloads\\grand_sub.srt")
LeftRight3DReduced(lv, rv)
post #570 of 1529 Old 02-02-2011, 03:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Why don't you use?

"LeftRight3D(lv, rv)"

_ _ _ _

Chronical Tester
Reply Home Theater Computers