2Likes

post #751 of 1529 Old 05-25-2011, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post

Not sure, I leave mine on 1080p60 the rest of the time. When I launch a 3D Blu-ray it switches to 24p3D, and stays on 60Hz for a 2D Blu-ray.

I don't think it is a good idea to let your htpc do the 24hz to 60hz as your TV most propably convert much better or even handle 96hz. I'm quite sure motion will be a lot more smooth if you send 24hz to your TV.

The best is to set your htpc with AutoFrenquency. If you are using Media Browser it can also be used with it. See here: http://community.mediabrowser.tv/per...quency-with-mb

This way your HTPC will always switch to optimal resolution / hz for each media.

Personally I'll even switch to 480p for DVD as again my TV is the best choice for upscaling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 1529 Old 05-25-2011, 12:24 PM

I don't believe my TV accepts 24Hz 2D (or if it does, it still refreshes at a non-multiple; artificial restriction), but I use my projector for 2D anyway.

Is this tool going to automatically change the output to 24Hz when I watch a Blu-ray in TMT5? I find it less of a PITA to keep it at 60Hz for watching TV episodes through MPC-HC.
post #753 of 1529 Old 05-25-2011, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWalker2 View Post

I don't think it is a good idea to let your htpc do the 24hz to 60hz as your TV most propably convert much better or even handle 96hz. I'm quite sure motion will be a lot more smooth if you send 24hz to your TV.

The best is to set your htpc with AutoFrenquency. If you are using Media Browser it can also be used with it. See here: http://community.mediabrowser.tv/per...quency-with-mb

This way your HTPC will always switch to optimal resolution / hz for each media.

Personally I'll even switch to 480p for DVD as again my TV is the best choice for upscaling.

I don't think that mediabrowser link is working

Pioneer Kuro...your time is up...mwahahhahhha
post #754 of 1529 Old 05-25-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydrunk View Post

I don't think that mediabrowser link is working

Sorry! I just fixed it.
post #755 of 1529 Old 05-25-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post

I don't believe my TV accepts 24Hz 2D (or if it does, it still refreshes at a non-multiple; artificial restriction), but I use my projector for 2D anyway.

Yep but often TV sets have some kind of smoothing technology that does a better job at this than a graphic card. Of course if your projector can't take it it won't work.

But yes the soft would change resolution before TMT5 gets launched.
post #756 of 1529 Old 05-25-2011, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sorry! I just fixed it.

Yeah, works now.

post #757 of 1529 Old 05-26-2011, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 63
So, I wanted to try the trial (go figure) and test out the possibility of eliminating my 3d bluray player, so i downloaded tmt5.

setup
i5 760
550ti (275.27)
pio elite vsx33 (passes 3d bd fine)
samsung pn58c8000

and this is what i get..

I can watch the tv switch to 1920x1080x24
it initiates the 3d samsung function (please press power button on glasses)
then just sits at a black screen, no video, or audio, and no bdrom activity
(does this both straight from a 3d disk or mounting a 3d folder)

regular blurays play fine

Is there something I'm doing wrong?
post #758 of 1529 Old 05-26-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcain View Post

So, I wanted to try the trial (go figure) and test out the possibility of eliminating my 3d bluray player, so i downloaded tmt5.

setup
i5 760
550ti (275.27)
pio elite vsx33 (passes 3d bd fine)
samsung pn58c8000

and this is what i get..

I can watch the tv switch to 1920x1080x24
it initiates the 3d samsung function (please press power button on glasses)
then just sits at a black screen, no video, or audio, and no bdrom activity
(does this both straight from a 3d disk or mounting a 3d folder)

regular blurays play fine

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Did you try conntecting your HTPC directly to the C8000 via HDMI ( skipping the Pionneer ) just to see what it would do? Also, the HDMI cable you are using can handle 3d?
post #759 of 1529 Old 05-26-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Yep but often TV sets have some kind of smoothing technology that does a better job at this than a graphic card. Of course if your projector can't take it it won't work.

But yes the soft would change resolution before TMT5 gets launched.
Sorry, wasn't quite clear enough. My projector does do 24Hz, so it doesn't matter that my TV doesn't.

Will look into that SW then. Sounds good.
post #760 of 1529 Old 05-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Did you try conntecting your HTPC directly to the C8000 via HDMI ( skipping the Pionneer ) just to see what it would do? Also, the HDMI cable you are using can handle 3d?

for future reference:

I eliminated the PIO elite,
redid the stereoscopic wizard and viola,tmt5 3d bluray(disk) playback works!

reintroduced the PIO elite back into the equation and voila... still works! bit streaming and all.

I still haven't figured out why folder playback isn't working but maybe thats something in the rip?

I used makeMKV to make a "backup" (bit for bit raw) bdr folder structured. Is that my issue as far as mounting from tmt5 ? different program i should look into? If i can get the folder mounting workin, i'm buying this thing for sure!
post #761 of 1529 Old 05-26-2011, 01:46 PM

Liked: 11
I read somewhere that 3d playblack only work off of disk or ISO. I believe when the disk is ripped to folders on a hard drive then certain folders aren't included or something (the additional files that have the information about what information goes to which eye I believe)
post #762 of 1529 Old 05-26-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:

for future reference:

I eliminated the PIO elite,
redid the stereoscopic wizard and viola,tmt5 3d bluray(disk) playback works!

reintroduced the PIO elite back into the equation and voila... still works! bit streaming and all.

I still haven't figured out why folder playback isn't working but maybe thats something in the rip?

I used makeMKV to make a "backup" (bit for bit raw) bdr folder structured. Is that my issue as far as mounting from tmt5 ? different program i should look into? If i can get the folder mounting workin, i'm buying this thing for sure!

Try using anyDVD and make a clone to an iso file. Then you can mount the iso on a virtual drive, I use Daemon, then try. I've never tried the folder structure for 3d so I don't know if it works, but I can tell you from experience the isos work.
post #763 of 1529 Old 05-27-2011, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Read that card doesn't have to be HDMI 1.4 to do 3-D, and that my GTX 460 will do it. Does that go for AMD cards too? Will my HD 5750 do 3-D and doesn't need to be HDMI 1.4?
post #764 of 1529 Old 05-27-2011, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8nXTC View Post

Read that card doesn't have to be HDMI 1.4 to do 3-D, and that my GTX 460 will do it. Does that go for AMD cards too? Will my HD 5750 do 3-D and doesn't need to be HDMI 1.4?

I was talking about hdmi cables, as long as their up to spec and have enough bandwidth, they don't have to be 1.4. Hdmi cable manufacturers and sellers just throw that term around. As far as cards go I'm not sure. Just look what the manufacturers site has to say about them. But yes, your gtx 460 will do 3d.

post #765 of 1529 Old 05-27-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8nXTC View Post

According to this article:
http://hardware-post.blogspot.com/20...n-hd-5000.html
your 5750 can play blu-ray 3d.
post #766 of 1529 Old 05-29-2011, 06:45 AM

I think there must be a bug with TMT5 - it doesn't play Gullivers Travels or Voyage Of The Dawn Treader in 3D - even when I select watch in 3D it only outputs in 2D. I have had no trouble or so other 3D BDs so I wonder if Fox is encoding in a strange way. They both work fine on my standalone 3D BD player.
post #767 of 1529 Old 05-29-2011, 12:30 PM

Hi!

I posted a bit similar topic in another thread, but I guess this would have been the perfect spot to ask.

My plan is to watch 3D BR and .mkv-files with HPTC. I have built a passive system consisting of GT430, 2 x Optoma 3D-XL, which divides the signal into right and left and two projectors, JVC DLA-HD1, which through filters display the picture on a silver screen. I cannot get the HTPC to play the 3D Blu-rays though in 3D.

And then the question: Apparently I do not need for movie watching the Nvidia 3D vision kit with the emitter. But how in earth do I configure the Stereoscopic view as I do not have Nvidia Vision, Wired Glasses etc. - which is the right option to choose there? Any help via a vis the HTPC configuration is appreciated.

Thanks for advice!
post #768 of 1529 Old 05-29-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRush View Post

Hi guys!
I have a pretty good system to play 3D, but it is stuttering. I dont know why.
Only problem is 3D blu-ray. 2D is perfect and ok.

My system:

Intel Core Quad Q6600
Motherboard Asus P5K Premium Wi-Fi Black Pearl
2gb Ram DDR2 1066 Corsair Dominator
Geforce GT 430 (bitstream HD audio to my Onkyo 6300 HDMi 1.4)
My TV is Sony 46HX800 3D Led, HDMi 1.4 also.
Blu-ray drive is a Pioneer BDR-206.
Software I use two: PowerDVD 11 and TmT 5.

Any tips?

My hard drive read like crazy when playing a 3D blu-ray disc.

Update1:
Stuttering is kind like a heart-beat. Is not random stutter. Heart beat stutter.
I was testing, it isnt bandwidth problem. Cos I changed DTS-Hd sound to DTS and exactly same issue stands. Seems some windows or nvidia driver configuration problem.

Update2:
I uninstalled Geforce drivers and installed a new one beta. Now I can choose 23 and 24hz. Before only 23 hz.
24 hz is better, but still stuttering a little, less.

Thanks!

Could any good soul help me please?
post #769 of 1529 Old 05-29-2011, 11:56 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by solid_dvd View Post

Hi!

I posted a bit similar topic in another thread, but I guess this would have been the perfect spot to ask.

My plan is to watch 3D BR and .mkv-files with HPTC. I have built a passive system consisting of GT430, 2 x Optoma 3D-XL, which divides the signal into right and left and two projectors, JVC DLA-HD1, which through filters display the picture on a silver screen. I cannot get the HTPC to play the 3D Blu-rays though in 3D.

And then the question: Apparently I do not need for movie watching the Nvidia 3D vision kit with the emitter. But how in earth do I configure the Stereoscopic view as I do not have Nvidia Vision, Wired Glasses etc. - which is the right option to choose there? Any help via a vis the HTPC configuration is appreciated.

Thanks for advice!

Hardware: Dual-Projector 3D Theater Checklist ?
post #770 of 1529 Old 05-29-2011, 11:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRush View Post

Hi guys!
I have a pretty good system to play 3D, but it is stuttering. I dont know why.
Only problem is 3D blu-ray. 2D is perfect and ok.

My system:

Intel Core Quad Q6600
Motherboard Asus P5K Premium Wi-Fi Black Pearl
2gb Ram DDR2 1066 Corsair Dominator
Geforce GT 430 (bitstream HD audio to my Onkyo 6300 HDMi 1.4)
My TV is Sony 46HX800 3D Led, HDMi 1.4 also.
Blu-ray drive is a Pioneer BDR-206.
Software I use two: PowerDVD 11 and TmT 5.

Any tips?

My hard drive read like crazy when playing a 3D blu-ray disc.

Update1:
Stuttering is kind like a heart-beat. Is not random stutter. Heart beat stutter.
I was testing, it isnt bandwidth problem. Cos I changed DTS-Hd sound to DTS and exactly same issue stands. Seems some windows or nvidia driver configuration problem.

Update2:
I uninstalled Geforce drivers and installed a new one beta. Now I can choose 23 and 24hz. Before only 23 hz.
24 hz is better, but still stuttering a little, less.

Thanks!

Are you playing BD from the BD drive or HDD (or doesn't it matter)?
post #771 of 1529 Old 05-30-2011, 03:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 110
I could see how 2GB RAM get filled up under certain playback circumstances..
Maybe Monitor RAM usage during playback?
post #772 of 1529 Old 05-30-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx View Post

Hardware: Dual-Projector 3D Theater Checklist ?

Seems that my problem lies with the HDMI-splitter. It most probably is not HDMI 1.4/3D capable.
post #773 of 1529 Old 05-30-2011, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hi!

Thanks for advice!
Quote:
Quote:
Seems that my problem lies with the HDMI-splitter. It most probably is not HDMI 1.4/3D capable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjam View Post
I got a 1 to 4 Gefen "tool box" splitter - it's technically a HDMI 1.3 splitter but it's 3D and HD Audio compatible. (1 to 4 means, 1 HDMI in and 4 HDMI outputs).

If you have a 1.3 AVR, you could run your device to the splitter first, then send 1 output to the AVR, and 2 outputs to the 3DXL boxes.

Re: passive or active - The Gefen box has a switch to let you select whether the HDMI handshake happens with the Gefen, or with the passthru device, and another switch lets you choose whether you are passing multichannel audio or 2 channel (ie SPDIF) audio.

The Gefen is discounted on Amazon, but there may well be cheaper options out there. There is a Sewell HDMI 1.4 switch that is about to ship - only $75. I haven't hooked up the Gefen yet, expect to be able to test all the options over the weekend, so can report how much of that flexibility was actually needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Linn View Post
Wouldn't that depend on whether the receiver was connected before or after the 3D-XL? Doesn't the box output 720P at 120 Hz? Does that require a 3D receiver or is a 3D receiver only required for 1080P 120 Hz?

Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjam View Post
Was only outlining a dual pj setup with a HDMI 1.3 AVR. Different setups vary. With my 4311CI, I have all sources to AVR first, then one of the HDMI outputs will feed splitter, which feeds the pjs. The other output on the AVR goes to a Panny 3D plasma.

This will vary again if someone is using the 3DXL for a single pj DLP-Link setup. In Doug's case (if that is his setup) he would go to the splitter first, then split to AVR and the 3DXL.
I added this to the first post.

There is new, and then you are new.
This is a moral of the bears and their cereal.
post #774 of 1529 Old 05-30-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:

Are you playing BD from the BD drive or HDD (or doesn't it matter)?

Rene... thank you for the reply...

My only problem is playing 3D directly from BD drive.
I dont have any 3D full iso on hard drive, only 1080p non 3D and 3D SBS mkv, works flawless.
It is annoying me so much cos it is the only thing is left to everything to be perfect.

Update: Now I have 3 gb DDR2 Corsair Dominator (3 banks).
post #775 of 1529 Old 06-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Advanced Member

3d brd in iso format, mounted with virtual clone, playing in tmt5 and i get this (3d looks fine, just screen size thats F`d).

what gives?

PS: upon further investigation, if i put the display to 1920x1080x24hz before i launch the movie, it works perfect, but if i let tmt do the display res switch (from 60 to 24) is when the above happens.
LL
post #776 of 1529 Old 06-01-2011, 11:07 AM

Try maximising the app before pressing play.
post #777 of 1529 Old 06-01-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:

3d brd in iso format, mounted with virtual clone, playing in tmt5 and i get this (3d looks fine, just screen size thats F`d).

what gives?

PS: upon further investigation, if i put the display to 1920x1080x24hz before i launch the movie, it works perfect, but if i let tmt do the display res switch (from 60 to 24) is when the above happens.

Just updated to newest nvidia driver
Guess What ? Now i have the problem You described.
I have to switch to 24hz before launching the app, Then All is fine.
post #778 of 1529 Old 06-02-2011, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8redv2 View Post
Just updated to newest nvidia driver
Guess What ? Now i have the problem You described.
I have to switch to 24hz before launching the app, Then All is fine.
If you have a 3D TV, it is expected that you have to select 1920*1080@24 Hz. Not related with driver version.

Chronical Tester
post #779 of 1529 Old 06-03-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricabullah View Post

If you have a 3D TV, it is expected that you have to select 1920*1080@24 Hz. Not related with driver version.

It used to set That setting auto for me when stæying a 3D blu... Anyhow...

Went back to 260.99 it also broke simple dvd playback. And introduced a silent stream bug.
post #780 of 1529 Old 06-03-2011, 06:03 AM

Could someone test Gullivers Travels or Narnia 3D with TMT5 and tell me if they are seeing the film in 3D. Thanks
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page