Pink Display - Pink Tint? HELP!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-13-2010, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I've had my HTPC setup for a few years now.

I am running a Radeon X1600 HDMI Graphics Card and have used this with a JVC 40" LCD 1080p for about 3-4 years now.

I recently upgraded to a 60" Sharp LCD Screen and every since I did - I get a dreadful Pink Tint on the screen. It is fine booting up, but when the screen adjusts for the 1080p resolution once Windows loads, a pink screen flashes and then windows desktop/etc has a pink tint (is this over saturation? im a newb)

In the past Ive had to restart anywhere from 5 to 20 times to get rid of it - so when its finally the correct color I just never shut my computer off. This is getting quite annoying.

On my past tv - this might of happened every 15-20 restarts - but now its happening every time.....does anyone know what this means or how i can fix it?

Just installed PowerDVD so I can start using the BluRay player I bought a while back - just picked up Avatar BluRay and had to restart (an hour of restarting and I still cant get rid of the pinkness!!!)

Thanks in Advance - I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-13-2010, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

Searching around I found this may be the issue:

"Typically this happens because you have a display (or receiver) that wants an RGB signal and is instead being given a YCbCr signal. Displays with DVI inputs are the most common example of displays that want RGB input. Although some source devices will figure this out automatically, others won't and you have to set the RGB output format explicitly. Since there is a receiver in the middle, it could be either the receiver or the source device that is confused. And the receiver could be confused either on the input side or the output side.

The image has the "shocking pink" cast to it because the Y (gray scale luminance) signal of YCbCr is being misinterpreted as the R (red brightness) signal of RGB." (Thanks Bob Pariseau)

Another link to related problem with same card - is replacing my card only option? Or is there software utility to modify it now?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archi.../t-922232.html

how do I go about correcting this?

is this probably my issue?
post #3 of 5 Old 05-13-2010, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrizzzz View Post

Searching around I found this may be the issue:

"Typically this happens because you have a display (or receiver) that wants an RGB signal and is instead being given a YCbCr signal. Displays with DVI inputs are the most common example of displays that want RGB input. Although some source devices will figure this out automatically, others won't and you have to set the RGB output format explicitly. Since there is a receiver in the middle, it could be either the receiver or the source device that is confused. And the receiver could be confused either on the input side or the output side.

The image has the "shocking pink" cast to it because the Y (gray scale luminance) signal of YCbCr is being misinterpreted as the R (red brightness) signal of RGB." (Thanks Bob Pariseau)

Another link to related problem with same card - is replacing my card only option? Or is there software utility to modify it now?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archi.../t-922232.html

how do I go about correcting this?

is this probably my issue?

sound like it, can you change the output of the htpc? you should be able to do it in the videocard setting somehow.

"If the world didn't suck, we'd all fly off."
post #4 of 5 Old 05-13-2010, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

I've tried, maybe through the Catalyst program and not the windows setting. But through Windows Display settings I pretty much tried everything. I actually dont have Catalyst installed. Just updated my driver for the video card too. Other thread recalled same issue with this same video card. I'm willing to troubleshoot a little longer...but dont mind spending $50-100 on a new card at the store today to just be done with this problem.

Under Color Management, I dont see any profiles that arent RGB it seems as well...unless I can download a "profile" to add to my display/monitor settings for the card?

I'm a newb to the technical aspects so please forgive me if it sounds like I dont know what I am talking about.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-14-2010, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

fixed. Just changed my video card to a Radeon HD 4350 (purchased at bestbuy for $70)

Guess the older 1600X just couldnt cut it with new monitor/tv or something...just glad it worked out!
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page