Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-17-2010, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Hiya all

My HTPC case (Origenae S21T) has a built in monitor connected via VGA. My 5670 graphics card is the primary display output device, connected to my processor.

I basically want to use the toucscreen for one thing only: music playback. I had this working pretty well using Ultramon for keyboard shortcuts which were defined as remote control commands using Intelliremote. When I selected "music" on my Harmony remote it would send an IR code that Intelliremote translated into keyboard shortcuts which powered on the touchscreen and made it the primary monitor, and vice versa.

Intelliremote traps all eHome IR commands, interprets them, and then sends them on to the appropriate application. Unfortunately this breaks some functionality in Media Center (such as triple tap, speed scrolling, etc) and also some important PowerDVD commands.

So I have decided to stop using Intelliremote.

I thought maybe I could make the touchscreen an extended display and then run some music player software on it. Unfortunately Media Center keeps exclusive control of mouse/input focus so even if I can get the software running on the extended display I can't control it.

I need this to work without having to pull out a keyboard/mouse.

Is there ANY solution to this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Couldn't you get an IR keyboard with a known protocol, teach the protocol to the Harmony, and then continue to use the keyboard shortcuts to toggle between the displays as needed, without invoking Intelliremote?
post #3 of 4 Old 05-17-2010, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensibull View Post

Couldn't you get an IR keyboard with a known protocol, teach the protocol to the Harmony, and then continue to use the keyboard shortcuts to toggle between the displays as needed, without invoking Intelliremote?

Now that's a really good idea. That would mean a keyboard whose codes are understood by the eHome IR receiver, though.

Does such a beast exist?
post #4 of 4 Old 05-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have a look at this thread. You might not even need to buy the keyboard, if you can load the relevant protocol in the Harmony.

edit: correction. looks like that only lets you load standard windows shortcuts. Not sure if there's a "standard" shortcut for switching displays, but if not I think eventghost will do what you need.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page