Windows 7 Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowledge Base & Support - Page 144 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4291 of 4641 Old 03-21-2012, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oh duh. Sorry. Installing now from intel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4292 of 4641 Old 03-21-2012, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I'm confident that this will solve your issue.

Use Shark007 Codecs and retain your sanity.
post #4293 of 4641 Old 03-21-2012, 06:17 PM

Seems to be working. Thanks so much.
post #4294 of 4641 Old 03-21-2012, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlund View Post

Seems to be working. Thanks so much.

glad to hear it.

Use Shark007 Codecs and retain your sanity.
post #4295 of 4641 Old 03-22-2012, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 25
MyMovies

Well I finally decided to pony up the $50 to buy enough points to unlock the "external player" feature in MyMovies.

If anyone is thinking of using MyMovies in Windows Media Center, I highly suggest you do this.

Once I got it set up to launch MPC-HC as the external player, everything plays with ease. No more errors from WMC saying it can't play the file. No more picture quality issues (noticable improvements using MadVR in MPC-HC) and everything just seems to work well.

Much more enjoyable to use now.
post #4296 of 4641 Old 03-22-2012, 01:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post

MyMovies

Well I finally decided to pony up the $50 to buy enough points to unlock the "external player" feature in MyMovies.

If anyone is thinking of using MyMovies in Windows Media Center, I highly suggest you do this.

Once I got it set up to launch MPC-HC as the external player, everything plays with ease. No more errors from WMC saying it can't play the file. No more picture quality issues (noticable improvements using MadVR in MPC-HC) and everything just seems to work well.

Much more enjoyable to use now.

Why not just use Media Browse to launch MPC-HC?
post #4297 of 4641 Old 03-22-2012, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

Why not just use Media Browse to launch MPC-HC?

Because I really like the Collection Management component of MyMovies.
post #4298 of 4641 Old 03-22-2012, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Can't fault you then. If there's a feature you really like then it is worth it for you to pay $50 for it.

post #4299 of 4641 Old 03-22-2012, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

I also need the collection management feature - I don't do my ripping on my HTPC, so I need a way to manage the database from another PC.
post #4300 of 4641 Old 03-22-2012, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Remote desktop and shared/mapped drives over the network with media browser / media center master work for me but if that works for you then its all good. I have drives scattered in two machines but they may as well be in my desktop..

post #4301 of 4641 Old 03-22-2012, 02:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post

Because I really like the Collection Management component of MyMovies.

Have you ever tried media browser? Thats one of its major strengths, imo.
post #4302 of 4641 Old 03-22-2012, 02:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:

Have you ever tried media browser? Thats one of its major strengths, imo.

I don't really consider collection management of Media Browser to be a strength per se (since if you want to manage outside of MB you need to rely on a separate 3rd party tool, and I have always found using MB for metadata is less then desirable, at least for me). Although my setup is metabrowser + Media Browser it does work very well that My Movies has their own collection management program

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #4303 of 4641 Old 03-22-2012, 02:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

I don't really consider collection management of Media Browser to be a strength per se (since if you want to manage outside of MB you need to rely on a separate 3rd party tool, and I have always found using MB for metadata is less then desirable, at least for me). Although my setup is metabrowser + Media Browser it does work very well that My Movies has their own collection management program

I was mainly referring to the ability to be able to included multiple different pcs, drives, folders and files that show up easily as a single collection.

And I am with you on media browsers scraper. But there are ways to improve that metadata collection dramatically and make it automatic.
post #4304 of 4641 Old 03-22-2012, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was mainly referring to the ability to be able to included multiple different pcs, drives, folders and files that show up easily as a single collection.

Sort of how you can add multiple folders to the "Libraries" in Windows 7?

That's not a feature I need.

I feel like I'm catching flack for using MyMovies. I figure since I haven't bought anything like TMT (and don't need to since I use my PS3 for playing Blu-ray discs) I can buy MyMovies.
post #4305 of 4641 Old 03-22-2012, 03:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

No flack. Just trying to understand what the $50 gives you that you can't get free otherwise for what you want to do.
post #4306 of 4641 Old 03-24-2012, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Added :
  • Youtube & Youtube HD via Macrotube with working fixes (just tested 5 minutes ago) : http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...69&postcount=7
  • MC Themer & MCE 7 Reset Toolbox for theme support instead of Media Center Studio
  • Updated Shark 007 pics and instructions for the latest version as of today

ToDo (tomorrow)
  • Replace AirPlay plugin with a more up to date solution.
  • Test out and make instructions for iOS vmcMote
  • Re-structure some parts of the guide, including the main menu (which isn`t working correctly, btw)
  • Set up instructions for the Media Browser EHS, for weather i mean, since there is no other working weather solution that i know of.
post #4307 of 4641 Old 03-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Why is Media Center in like 640x480 resolution every time I switch TV inputs? It's freaking annoying.
post #4308 of 4641 Old 04-02-2012, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to JDLIVE
Is MacroTube working for anyone? I tried again yesterday using the updated instructions: re-installed, downloaded the replacement XML files but still get an error on any playback attempt, saying it can't be played for technical reasons or has been removed.

Running Win7 64 bit.
post #4309 of 4641 Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Does anyone used secondrun.tv? How is it?

Pioneer Kuro...your time is up...mwahahhahhha
post #4310 of 4641 Old 04-02-2012, 10:18 AM

I've been having a weird issue where whenever I use my Harmony 880 to run the HTPC activity and bring my PC out of sleep WMC will be muted. Before I would see the little popup in the corner with a 50 which I assume is the volume level. Now it will come up and the little sound icon will be X'ed out if I press the info button. Anyone know what could be causing this. I might just need to add an additional keypress to the Harmony activity to hit the volume up key once to fix this.

Also, I asked this in the Plex thread but this one seems more active so I'll ask here as well. Is there a program that will allow me to integrate Plex into WMC7 with it's own icon on the main screen similar to how the XBMC, Boxee, and Hulu Desktop setup works. I would also need it to close WMC and then return to it once I close Plex similar to how the integration for those other programs work.

Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand.
post #4311 of 4641 Old 04-05-2012, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
[quote=Joe 6 Pack;21858308]I've been having a weird issue where whenever I use my Harmony 880 to run the HTPC activity and bring my PC out of sleep WMC will be muted. Before I would see the little popup in the corner with a 50 which I assume is the volume level. Now it will come up and the little sound icon will be X'ed out if I press the info button. Anyone know what could be causing this. I might just need to add an additional keypress to the Harmony activity to hit the volume up key once to fix this.

You're going to hear people say it's an HDMI handshake issue but I think it's a Microsoft "feature" It will happen to me consistently if I put the unit to sleep while it's recording a show when it wakes up the volume is muted. Every time. which is kind of a pain because I have my remote mapped to control the TV volume and not the motherboard volume. I have timed sleep disabled.
post #4312 of 4641 Old 04-06-2012, 05:28 AM

[quote=rcrach;21873726]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 6 Pack View Post

I've been having a weird issue where whenever I use my Harmony 880 to run the HTPC activity and bring my PC out of sleep WMC will be muted. Before I would see the little popup in the corner with a 50 which I assume is the volume level. Now it will come up and the little sound icon will be X'ed out if I press the info button. Anyone know what could be causing this. I might just need to add an additional keypress to the Harmony activity to hit the volume up key once to fix this.

You're going to hear people say it's an HDMI handshake issue but I think it's a Microsoft "feature" It will happen to me consistently if I put the unit to sleep while it's recording a show when it wakes up the volume is muted. Every time. which is kind of a pain because I have my remote mapped to control the TV volume and not the motherboard volume. I have timed sleep disabled.

You might want to check this thread http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1390139, it looks like it's the same issue.
post #4313 of 4641 Old 04-06-2012, 10:32 AM

It hasn't happened for a while so it might be the case where it happens when the PC is put to sleep while recording a show. I'll try to see if I was recording something when I put the PC to sleep the next time this issue pops up.

Next issue on the agenda: I tried out MCE 7 Reset Toolbox per GreenEyez suggestion in the OP and loaded the fractal tiger theme and applied it. It ran through the process that looks like it was making changes to WMC and shows as the applied theme in the program but when I go to WMC the only change I see is the green text that Media Center Themer adds as a default change when you install it.

The version I downloaded was just a trial version so I'm not sure if that prevented it from actually making the change as it wouldn't let me make any changes to the Start menu. It's only $10 so I'm considering just buying it but I wanted to see it actually work before I pay for something that doesn't work on my system. I really like the ability to change items on the start menu as I could then have Movies default to Netflix and get rid of some of the other items like music since I use XBMC for my local movies, music, and TV shows. I uninstalled it since it screwed up my start page and misaligned some of the icons so I'm going to reinstall it when I get home tonight and give it another shot.

Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand.
post #4314 of 4641 Old 04-07-2012, 02:07 AM

would like to say thanks very much to the original poster for creating this guide. This is my 1st install and use of media browsing software for the pc and have to say i love it. Have a number of problems though and hope to get some guidance.

I cannot get avi files to play, get the dreaded "cannot play video" message. what program can i use to get media info about these files to further diagnose the problem here? is G-spot still used or is there something in media browser or windows directly that i can use and report back here with?

followed the guide explicitly for installing everything for Shark's codecs except the LAV Filters/LAV Audio decoder and LAV CUVID decoder. Did not instal madVR, do i still need it?

i am confused by sharks setup instructions under the MKV tab which says to use LAV's splitter but i do not have LAV's splitter installed. Is thigs wrong? I have mine set to Gabtest's splitter. Could this be upsetting my avi playback?

I watch a lot of foreign films from idia, japan etc. How and where do i enable and select subtitles?? I see no option via right click or otherwise to enable the use of english subtitles in media browser.

BTW, i also have MPC-hd installed and it plays everything flawlessly with control over subtitles and multiple tracks (including those stubborn avi the media browser wont play|).

please any guidance or input on these problems would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
post #4315 of 4641 Old 04-07-2012, 04:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravs View Post

would like to say thanks very much to the original poster for creating this guide. This is my 1st install and use of media browsing software for the pc and have to say i love it. Have a number of problems though and hope to get some guidance.

I cannot get avi files to play, get the dreaded "cannot play video" message. what program can i use to get media info about these files to further diagnose the problem here? is G-spot still used or is there something in media browser or windows directly that i can use and report back here with?

followed the guide explicitly for installing everything for Shark's codecs except the LAV Filters/LAV Audio decoder and LAV CUVID decoder. Did not instal madVR, do i still need it?

i am confused by sharks setup instructions under the MKV tab which says to use LAV's splitter but i do not have LAV's splitter installed. Is thigs wrong? I have mine set to Gabtest's splitter. Could this be upsetting my avi playback?

I watch a lot of foreign films from idia, japan etc. How and where do i enable and select subtitles?? I see no option via right click or otherwise to enable the use of english subtitles in media browser.

BTW, i also have MPC-hd installed and it plays everything flawlessly with control over subtitles and multiple tracks (including those stubborn avi the media browser wont play|).

please any guidance or input on these problems would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Codec packs (sharks) already have all the the different programs installed. You don't need lav because it is included in sharks.

post #4316 of 4641 Old 04-07-2012, 06:21 AM

Random newbie question - I want it so when the tv is turned on... Live tv is turned on (I always have WMC open on my htpc) and when I turn off the tv live tv gets turned off... How can I get this to happen?
post #4317 of 4641 Old 04-07-2012, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm1058123 View Post

Random newbie question - I want it so when the tv is turned on... Live tv is turned on (I always have WMC open on my htpc) and when I turn off the tv live tv gets turned off... How can I get this to happen?

Theres some plugin somewhere that does this, maybe greeneyez knows it. Il look for it.

post #4318 of 4641 Old 04-07-2012, 07:09 AM

Hey Guys, I am running Windows 7 64 (Ceton Infinitv 4) with a Geforce 9500 HDMI through a Denon 3808CI to a Samsung Plasma. I am having an issue where when I turn the tv back on in the morning I hear the windows sound that it detects the tv is connected then get a very loud screeching sound from media center live tv. When I close WMC and open again, all is fine. Anybody have any ideas what might cause this? I tried turning all sleep functions off and that has not helped.
post #4319 of 4641 Old 04-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm1058123 View Post

http://www.missingremote.com/guide/c...a-center-valve
post #4320 of 4641 Old 04-07-2012, 09:38 AM

Yeah.. But will this work when the tv gets turned back on?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page