Windows 7 Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowledge Base & Support - Page 159 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #4741 of 4743 Old 02-20-2015, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Those two are definitely incompatible...
Rats. You hit send right before I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4742 of 4743 Old 02-20-2015, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Those two are definitely incompatible. So you must use the matching dongle that came with each remote. But as I said, you can continue to use both simultaneously if you want. I found that the one on the left would wake my PC reliably, but the one on the right would not. So I also used both for years.

The thing I like about the old Ortek (the one on the left) is the integrated mouse. If you prefer your old remote, I have a couple like new that you could have for the price of shipping if you want ($4 or so). I only use the dongles since I have universal remotes. So either you take them or my wife throws them out. PM me if interested.
Thank you @mdavej and @Ken.F for the info on these remotes, it's just what I was looking for. If there were a "thumbs up" smilie, I'd be putting it right here.

It'd be a shame to throw out perfectly good remotes, but wife is very happy with the HP model as the buttons are bigger and easier to find in the semi-darkness. Thanks for the offer, though. Hope they find a good home.
post #4743 of 4743 Old 02-25-2015, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks! Good post. I love this sharing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page