Windows 7 Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowledge Base & Support - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #901 of 4695 Old 07-07-2010, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

30 pages of scrolling through thegreenbutton forum and i found it, thank god. This is the alternative to Media Control : hxxp://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=mce

MCERemotePlus. I allows ff/rw/subtitle and audio streams selection. Just select the remote key you want to asociate it with. I tested this some time ago and it worked, if anybody has time to test it before i wake up again (i`m running a sleep marathon, 10 hours so far and betting on 16-17, i have no clue why i`m so tired/sleepy).

Anyway, i also added the knowlege base to the guide, at the Introduction. If you have any more terms you would like to know or see added to it, don`t forget to post.

Thanks for the guide.. let you know if works or any problems I encounter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 4695 Old 07-07-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2lounge View Post

i just installed MCERemotePlus on win7 and it ran but didn't recognize any remote button actions.
maybe i didn't install it correct or something....

if anyone gets it working, please post. it seems like a very useful little app.

+1 I am not sure if I have it configured correctly either. I have subtitles set in Shark's as ffdshow embedded, and in MCERemotePlus I have subtitles set as ffdshow, not vobsubs.

Happy to test if anyone can provide instructions.

Thanks again for this thread.
post #903 of 4695 Old 07-07-2010, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Try using ffdshow external as a setting in the Shark settings. I`m going to test it tonight, sorry for the delays, had some things to do at home today.
post #904 of 4695 Old 07-07-2010, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark007 View Post

To receive proper guidance when using the Shark007 Codecs, i suggest you take your issue to the Shark007 forums. GreenEyez, could you possibly add the above information to your 1st post. I realize there are several experts responding in this thread but none of you are actually using my software. When asking for help on the forum, please state if you did a complete install or some modified installation as suggested in this thread.

saxnix, You already have the correct setting, you just need to set FFDshow to decode H264 video on the righthand side of the H264 TAB - 'use FFDshows codec' - FFDshow does not have a settting for showing only forced subs. Since you set only forced subs during the rip process, you should be fine.

Will add your forum link to the guide, good ideea. I`m not actually using the pack on a day to day basis, but i do install it for testing purposes.
post #905 of 4695 Old 07-07-2010, 05:57 PM
dfn

I'm hoping someone can help me here, I just noticed this today...

Blu Ray ISOs are not launched properly from Media Browser. Previously, if I had an ISO image, it would launch in TMT3 (I had mounting setup with Virtual CloneDrive, and AutoPlay checked), but now, it launches MPC-HC and nothing happens.

I have not changed my Media Browser config settings, or my Windows Media Centre settings, or any other settings in fact (MPC-HC, TMT3). I have also not uninstalled/reinstalled any drivers. In the config for Media Browser, ISO extension is set to TMT3, and mounting is configured using VCD, as I said above.

This is what happens: start media browser, browse to a movie, play movie, mpc-hc launches, nothing happnes (no playback).
Previously, this happened: start media browser, browse to a movie, play movie, TMT3 launches and plays the movie (image gets mounted).

Anyone know how I can fix this so I get TMT3 playing ISOs launched from Media Browser again?
I only noticed this today, and prior to this, everything was working fine.
post #906 of 4695 Old 07-07-2010, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yup, MCERemotePlus isn`t working, at least as far as i tested it. i`ll post in Sharks forum, maybe he has a clue on how to get it working, or get Media Control working.
post #907 of 4695 Old 07-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
question on the ripper section.
I have Any DVD HD but I only have 2 blu titles so I have never used it for anything but DVD's to my media player.

I saw a sale on Blu Ray Drives and a buddy said make sure and check if it has riplock or one of the other names of slow ripping built in and dont' buy it.

Which drives have this, does anyone know of a list of don't buy blu ray drives?
=================================

is there an all in one dl that you can just get and unzip to your computer to do all this?
Thing I hate is having to pay $80 for the player software, hell you can buy a complete media player for a few dollars more.
post #908 of 4695 Old 07-08-2010, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Ok, i`ve done more testing regardin Media Control.

Media Control works with a fresh install + Sharks Pack with only 2 settings
- Disable entries in X menus in the installation
- Apply minimal ffdshow configuration to make this work.

It only works with ffdshow processing the video, the ffmpeg (software decoder). ff/rw works this way. It does not work with ffdshow DXVA .
post #909 of 4695 Old 07-08-2010, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrin View Post

question on the ripper section.
I have Any DVD HD but I only have 2 blu titles so I have never used it for anything but DVD's to my media player.

I saw a sale on Blu Ray Drives and a buddy said make sure and check if it has riplock or one of the other names of slow ripping built in and dont' buy it.

Which drives have this, does anyone know of a list of don't buy blu ray drives?
=================================

is there an all in one dl that you can just get and unzip to your computer to do all this?
Thing I hate is having to pay $80 for the player software, hell you can buy a complete media player for a few dollars more.

See the hardware guide for Blu Ray drive recommendations.
If you don`t want to pay for software, go with the MKV route,
post #910 of 4695 Old 07-08-2010, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Ok, i`ve scratched the Media Control part of the guide untill i figure out a replacement. I``m going to contact Albain (the creator) for an updated version that will work with ffdshow DXVA , the new decoder i`m going to use in the Guide instead of the MPC-HC one.
post #911 of 4695 Old 07-08-2010, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Ok, it seems Media Control does work with ffdshow DXVA, you just need to change a setting. Still testing.
post #912 of 4695 Old 07-08-2010, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Guide update : - Added ffdshow DXVA in place of the MPC-HC decoder.
- Added Media Control configuration that works with ffdshowDXVA (ff/rw/subtitle switching)
post #913 of 4695 Old 07-09-2010, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I am using eac3to to demux blu-ray and creating a 5.1 Italian audio track and a stereo english commentary track. I have tried muxing the two audio tracks into the .mkv and muxing one audio track into the .mkv and placing the other one in the movie folder as an exteral audio track. However, I have not been able to get MPC-HC, (set up as described in 1.1 without the optional Win7CSfilter) and running from within media browser to display two audio tracks.

How should I fix the problem of not being able to get two audio tracks?
post #914 of 4695 Old 07-09-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:

Guide update : - Added ffdshow DXVA in place of the MPC-HC decoder.
- Added Media Control configuration that works with ffdshowDXVA (ff/rw/subtitle switching)

Couple of questions about this and the updated guide....
The updated guide - was it written in relation to not the most recent releases of Shark's pack (v256), and Media Control (v606)? The reason I ask is that instructions for each differ slightly from what you have in the guide and hoped you might be able to clarify it for us noobs.

Shark's Pack (v256) doesn't seem to have WebM as an option to disable during installation.
H.264 Tab - there doesn't appear to be an option for "Under Use MPC-HC Codec, click on the "Use FFdshow DXVA" button"

Media Control (v606) I couldn't find this step,
In the ffdshow DXVA decoder, under "Keys and remote", make sure Remote control API is selected and "user defined" is also selected, with the number "32786".
However, the number 32786 did appear in the Global tab under FFdshow registry location.

Don't know if this info helps or not but I do appreciate the work you are doing here in this topic.

Also, after following the guide (with the exceptions listed above), ff/rew doesn't work for me on MKV's, nor can I turn off subs.

Prior to configuring Shark's, do you still need to give it adminstrator priveleges? (this step has been removed from the guide)
post #915 of 4695 Old 07-09-2010, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yes, i tested it with the latest version available for download yesterday.

There should be a Use ffdshow button, see the first pic below for location.
Also, see the second pic for location of the keys&remote settings, they are in th ffdshow DXVA decoder, NOT in the media control settings.

After you have set these off correct, in the beginning of each movie you will get a prompt for changing subs/audio streams. If you want sub off, deselect the "Subttile files" options in that menu. This disables subtitles.

Yes, i think you need admin privileges, sorry, i may have deleted that step accidentally
Regarding WebM, it`s posible, i haven`t noticed, maybe it took them down from the pack
LL
LL
post #916 of 4695 Old 07-09-2010, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Here`s the media control menu that pops up
LL
LL
post #917 of 4695 Old 07-09-2010, 11:51 PM

Thanks for that GreenEyez - the pictures are a great guide - I now understand your instructions. I have to run out now but will try this in the morning and report back. Thanks again for your help.
post #918 of 4695 Old 07-11-2010, 02:40 AM

Seems to work some of the time - not all BD rips show media control on start of movie?? But I am able to get the menu up with a press of a button. So it is mostly working as expected - Thanks again for helping me sort this out.
post #919 of 4695 Old 07-11-2010, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks a lot for the info saxnix, are those Blu Rays ripped with normal subs or forced ones ? ?
post #920 of 4695 Old 07-12-2010, 02:31 PM

What happened to the 24p section?

Elite PRO-110FD
Toshiba HD-XA2 / Oppo BDP-83
1TB TiVo HD (Comcast) / H/K AVR 247
Intel DH57DD + Core i3 530 / Win7 64-bit MC
post #921 of 4695 Old 07-12-2010, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I took it down because i need to add the vbs scripts for automatically changing to 24p and back with Reclock. they were missing. I`ll add them today.
post #922 of 4695 Old 07-13-2010, 12:25 AM

Can anyone help me out as to how I'd use 7MC player to play .avi's (XviD) with subtitles. I want to keep the defaults as much as possible, no major changes. I currently only have MPC-HC installed (no codecs, no ffdshow...) which is perfect for mkv, ts, but can't play movies that are in two parts (joining them is not an option).
post #923 of 4695 Old 07-13-2010, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

You need a subtitle renderer like DirectVobSub for that.
What containers are you using for 2 part movies ?
post #924 of 4695 Old 07-13-2010, 12:47 AM

I thought about following this guide, but am unsure what exactly it breaks: http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/07/loadi...-vsfilter.html

All are .avi files.
post #925 of 4695 Old 07-13-2010, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It breaks DXVA (it doesn`t affect MPC-HC). I presume those movies are SD, right ?

For 2 part movie in avi containers, i have no clue, but i`ll look into it.
post #926 of 4695 Old 07-13-2010, 02:07 AM

Quote:

It breaks DXVA (it doesn`t affect MPC-HC). I presume those movies are SD, right ?

For 2 part movie in avi containers, i have no clue, but i`ll look into it.

Yes all two part .avi movies are SD. I'm using a i3 530 so for SD DXVA really isn't needed (it can easily play them), esp. if it doesn't affect MPC-HC. Can I somehow un-break DXVA after I install DirectVobSub. Will an uninstall resolve it (just trying to think in advance, if I ever need to revert back)?

Here's a topic regarding MediaBrowser, MPC-HC and problems playing 2 part movies.
post #927 of 4695 Old 07-13-2010, 02:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The DXVA pipeline normally doesn`t allow for a filter (in this case a sub filter, directvob sub) to be put beween the video decoder and the renderer. MPC-HC and ffdshow DXVA have an internal "hack" that bypass this, allowing for other filters to be used with DXVA (subtitle filters or those MPC-HC post-processing filters)

DXVA gets disabled (broken is actually an incorrect term in this case) only if you have DirectVobSub working, decoding subs, if not, it works normally. For SD content i wouldn`t bother, unless you have a Pentium 3 (not the case, since the i3 can handle even Blu Rays with software decoding on the CPU), for HD content MPC-HC and ffdshow DXVA does the jobs with both subs and DXVA.

I`ll look into that topic later on, i`m a little busy with some work in the garden.
post #928 of 4695 Old 07-13-2010, 02:41 AM

Thank you so much GreenEyez for the explanation, I'll install DirectVobSub without hestitation now.

As far as HD I'm currently using MPC-HC with the Microsoft renderer, as you've previously informed me the internal MPC-HC renderer has problems with it. Are there any substantial benefits as far as going with ffdshow (I rather install less then more unless necessary).
post #929 of 4695 Old 07-13-2010, 04:15 AM

I was just watching one of the blu-ray movies I ripped recently and I noticed that the audio got more and more out of sync as the movie went on. Is this something that I just have to put up with or is there a way to fix it? I assume it is a result of the ripping and muxing process. I am using clown_bd to rip the blu-ray movie (the dark knight).
post #930 of 4695 Old 07-13-2010, 08:46 AM

Liked: 11
Hey GreenEyez, could you please add a section to the guide on how to get MPC-HC to display PGS subtitles for 64bit and 32bit Windows users?

"Here on the moon, our weekends are so advanced, they encompass the entire week." Ignignokt from Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page