Windows 7 Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowledge Base & Support - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #991 of 4695 Old 07-19-2010, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Do you get the same issue playing back with MPC HC where the PGS subs stay on the screen, or is it just an FFDShow issue?

Were you not already aware of this issue ?

2. No matter which decoder is used, PGS subs are broken and inconsistent. In most cases during displaying forced subtitles on an MKV made with MakeMKV (tested with Avatar), the last subtitle displayed in a given set will hang and remain on screen. In other cases some subtitles are missed and not displayed at all.

----------------------------------------------------

Damian,

Currently with both methods (WMC & MPC) the last forced subtitle will remain on the screen for 15-30 minutes until the next subtitle is displayed. Further some forced subtitles are not displayed at all. I gave you a precise movie title, mkv creation method and time slot in that movie to observe.

If still after being aware of this, you still declare to users that "it works properly" then we have very different definitions of the word 'properly'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 4695 Old 07-19-2010, 08:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 71

Nope, never heard of the issue before, was just waiting for you to come to the rescue

The whole point is to try an isolate whether it occurs with which subtitle filter/splitter (if it is the ffdshow subtitle filter, mpc hc internal subtitle filter, or both), so bug requests can be directed to the appropriate people.

EDIT - I have been meaning to submit this bug but just been caught up with some other stuff, was hoping to revisit and submit this week.

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #993 of 4695 Old 07-19-2010, 09:04 AM
JAB
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Let me guess, LPCM tracks? We actually just sorted out the issue, check out my guide (see Step 5 which I just edited for the fix), and if you look at the last few comments you can see the dialogue:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010...-7-htpc-part-i

Yup, that was it! Many thanks, Damian!
post #994 of 4695 Old 07-19-2010, 09:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post

Yup, that was it! Many thanks, Damian!

Yeah, weird that the issue affects my desktop PC but not my HTPCs (I think on my HTPCs I have uncompressed disabled as well). Then again I keep my HTPCs clean whereas I have a lot of crap on my desktop

Cheers,
Damian

post #995 of 4695 Old 07-19-2010, 09:28 AM
JAB
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, weird that the issue affects my desktop PC but not my HTPCs (I think on my HTPCs I have uncompressed disabled as well). Then again I keep my HTPCs clean whereas I have a lot of crap on my desktop

I am much more likely to suspect software versions, perhaps dependent on hardware. The machine on which I was having the problem is about as clean as it could get:

* Windows 7 Professional 32-bit with all recommended updates and hardware drivers. A registry change to better support universal remotes. Various OS configuration changes unrelated to audio or video (e.g., passwords, hosts file, remote access). Balanced power settings, tweaked to disable turning off the display and to lengthen the time before putting the system to sleep.

* ATI Catalyst Control Center 10.6

* MPC-HC 2099

* DirectX 9.29.1962 June 2010

* ffdshow 3498

* XBMC 9.11 with MCE remote registry update.

/jab
post #996 of 4695 Old 07-19-2010, 12:49 PM

Hey Folks,

Been playing around with ripping and playback a bit. Have gone thru pretty much the entire thread trying to pick up things. still confused about ISO rips.

#1 From what I can tell, its an exact image of the BR being ripped, thus, I would think, would play like I just put the BR in the tray. Is is a correct assumption?

#2 I just ripped Saving Private Ryan with Clown, etc and did an ISO file. Where exactly is the file? it looks like the other non-iso files that I have ripped when I look at it with the Explorer.

When I played it, it had chapters, but could not bring up the main menu for extras, etc.

#3 How do I "mount" the ISO file on the player? Maybe I'm not doing this right

#4 Does TMT3 play these files or has to be the optional player for ISOs?

#5 Can I or Should I, save ISO files in the same drive as other non-ISO rips? Does it make any difference with the Folder structure

This just for starters, I'm sure I'll come up with more questions soon. Thanks

Jobuu
post #997 of 4695 Old 07-19-2010, 12:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobuu View Post

Hey Folks,

Been playing around with ripping and playback a bit. Have gone thru pretty much the entire thread trying to pick up things. still confused about ISO rips.

#1 From what I can tell, its an exact image of the BR being ripped, thus, I would think, would play like I just put the BR in the tray. Is is a correct assumption?

#2 I just ripped Saving Private Ryan with Clown, etc and did an ISO file. Where exactly is the file? it looks like the other non-iso files that I have ripped when I look at it with the Explorer.

When I played it, it had chapters, but could not bring up the main menu for extras, etc.

#4 Does TMT3 play these files or has to be the optional player for ISOs?

#5 Can I or Should I, save ISO files in the same drive as other non-ISO rips? Does it make any difference with the Folder structure

This just for starters, I'm sure I'll come up with more questions soon. Thanks

Jobuu

I am not an ISO guy so I will leave that to the ISO pros, but here is at least the answer to your first two questions.

1. Yes

2. Clown_BD only gives you the main movie, not the entire movie (the reason why you don't get menus, etc...). You can delete all the other files as they are just the temp files used by Clown_BD. If you want the full disc you can just use AnyDVD and rip to ISO directly from there, Clown_BD will only give you the main movie

Cheers,
Damian

post #998 of 4695 Old 07-19-2010, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
For mounting ISO there are links to 2 ISO mouting apps at the Blu ray Playback part of the guide. You need to install one and make sure it is seleted in the MB configuration settings, it will auto-mount.
TMT3 can play both BD ISO images and Blu Ray folder structures

As for PGS subs, i think this only affects MakeMKV, my Avatar rip works fine with PGS subs in MPC-HC, it was done with eac3to and MKV Merge (4.1 i think).
post #999 of 4695 Old 07-19-2010, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Hey Folks,

Not if you used Clown BD to make the ISO. If you make the iso with imgburn or anydvdhd, then you will have the exact image of the BD disk.

Quote:

You can use Virtual Clone Drive to mount the iso file.
post #1000 of 4695 Old 07-19-2010, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal55 View Post

The backdrop images in the movie and music sections. All I have is the brushed aluminum background. I'll have to go over things again and look for the same box art covers, too.

http://community.mediabrowser.tv/per...-ehs-backdrops

Here is the "video wall" backdrop images i was using. I presume you are talking about these, right ?
post #1001 of 4695 Old 07-19-2010, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

http://community.mediabrowser.tv/per...-ehs-backdrops

Here is the "video wall" backdrop images i was using. I presume you are talking about these, right ?

I hate having to ask a stupid question....where do you put these?

BTW: THANK YOU for this incredible. WMC running better than ever. I had almost given up on a HTPC until I found you guide!!!
post #1002 of 4695 Old 07-19-2010, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Go to the C:/Programdata/MediaBrowser/Startup folder and put one of them in there (as backdrop.jpg/png)

That`s for the Movie Library.
If you are using the music plugin for Media Browser, than you can add a backdrop.jpg in your music folder and it will appear. Does not work with the default WMC Music library.

PS 1 : Not a stupid question, i forgot to add this to the guide, will add it to the customization section.

PS 2 : Glad to hear your satisfied with your HTPC, you`re welcome
post #1003 of 4695 Old 07-20-2010, 04:08 AM

Cool, thanks for the answers thinks I have it mostly figured out, except that I tried to use the AnyDVDHD to rip it and could not find where I can tell it to do it. Looked at their website. they have a Clone DVD that does this i think...Do I need to get that also or am I missing something with AnyDVDHD?

Thanks Again

Jobuu
post #1004 of 4695 Old 07-20-2010, 04:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Cool, thanks for the answers thinks I have it mostly figured out, except that I tried to use the AnyDVDHD to rip it and could not find where I can tell it to do it. Looked at their website. they have a Clone DVD that does this i think...Do I need to get that also or am I missing something with AnyDVDHD?

Thanks Again

Jobuu

If you right click on the little fox icon on your task bar there is an option "Rip To Image". This is what you want to use for an ISO

Cheers,
Damian

post #1005 of 4695 Old 07-20-2010, 04:41 AM

Ok will try it when I get home from work. Is it pretty self explanatory as for where the file get ripped to folder wise or like ClownBD were have to copuy it from the temp folder to your folder.

After ripping the ISO, just need to associate the Mounting software with MB and then will play it with TMT3 correct?

Thanks

Jobuu
post #1006 of 4695 Old 07-20-2010, 05:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Ok will try it when I get home from work. Is it pretty self explanatory as for where the file get ripped to folder wise or like ClownBD were have to copuy it from the temp folder to your folder.

After ripping the ISO, just need to associate the Mounting software with MB and then will play it with TMT3 correct?

Thanks

Jobuu

Yes, you should just be left with an ISO file in whatever directory you specify AnyDVD to rip to

Cheers,
Damian

post #1007 of 4695 Old 07-20-2010, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
"-> Install the latest drivers for your hardware (for Ati, latest Catalyst Software (10.4 or above) with the Ati HDMI driver (the Realtek one DOES NOT work with bitstreaming from Total Media Theater 3)"

I decided to try this guide out and it has completely botched my Windows 7 audio. I have a Radeon 4890 and I used to use the Realtek driver for audio. Since I've updated to the latest ATI audio driver my subwoofer doesn't work in stereo mode AT ALL. I can't get bitstreaming working anymore using the suggested settings below. Any ideas?

Installation:

-> At the Setup Tab, choose Custom instalation
-> From the dropbox, disable the following : DirectVobSub , AC3 filter, RealMedia, Xvid, DivX MKV, WebM, Haali components.
-> Select Next and Complete.

Shark007CodecPack configuration :

Config tab
-> Check the button for FFdshow/Embedded under the Subtitle Control
-> Check the box in front of "Disable Xvid Decoder" & "Disable AC3Filter"

Misc tab
-> Check the box in front of the "FFDshow Video / FFDshow Audio Tray Icons OFF"

Audio tab
-> For bitstreaming audio : Check use pass-through, under ffdshow S/PDIF passthrough. For speaker configuration, choose same as input.
-> For analog audio : Choose turn off pass-through (should be set that way by default) and select your speaker configuration

H.264 Tab
-> Under "H264 Codec in Direct Show Players box" choose "Use FFdshow DXVA" button.

MKV Tab
-> Select "Use Gabest`s Splitter"

MP4 tab
-> Under overall MPEG Playback choose “Use Gabest’s Blu Ray splitter" also make sure both boxes are checked

SWAP Tab
-> Select "Use FFdshow DXVA for WVC1 instead of Microsoft"

64bit Windows users only

You need to do everything above + install the 64bit components pack. After you are done, go to Start Menu -> Shark 007 Pack, click the x64 settings application and do the same configuration (Config/Misc/Audio/ H264 /MKV /MP4 tabs) exactly as you did with the 32bit config.
____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Subtitle Control in the 7MC player

Software - Media Control (download link)

Install Media Control , during installation disable "Media Control entries in Media Center".

Media Control configuration :
-> Under the "FFdshow configuration utility" click "Apply minimal configuration" and click "commit changes".

ffdshow DXVA decoder configration
-> Under "Keys and remote", make sure Remote control API is selected and "user defined" is also selected, with the number "32786"

Now when you start a movie you will get a pop-up prompter to select your subs/audio streams, and ff/rw should work fine.

Note : For more support (if your problem can`t be solved on this thread) regarding the SharkPack, see the official forum : http://shark007.net/forum/index.php
post #1008 of 4695 Old 07-20-2010, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I cannot get my Logitech diNovo Mini to work with MPC. I am using the button commands explained on the first page but is there something different?
post #1009 of 4695 Old 07-20-2010, 10:23 AM

man, i cannot get the audio to work properly through hdmi. my sound is all over the place, often poor quality and staticy. and it jumps around my surround sound speakers! sound will come from the front and then all of a sudden come out of the back speakers! really don't understand, i followed the guide perfectly and nothing is working right. i can't even watch live tv on 7mc because the audio stutters the crashes, can anyone help?

my system
CPU: Core i3 530
Motherboard: MSI P55A-G55 LGA1156 Intel P55 chipset ATX
Graphics Card (ATI): Sapphire HD 5670 GDDR5 512MB 100287L

Receiver: Denon 3808
post #1010 of 4695 Old 07-20-2010, 12:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch2099 View Post

man, i cannot get the audio to work properly through hdmi. my sound is all over the place, often poor quality and staticy. and it jumps around my surround sound speakers! sound will come from the front and then all of a sudden come out of the back speakers! really don't understand, i followed the guide perfectly and nothing is working right. i can't even watch live tv on 7mc because the audio stutters the crashes, can anyone help?

my system
CPU: Core i3 530
Motherboard: MSI P55A-G55 LGA1156 Intel P55 chipset ATX
Graphics Card (ATI): Sapphire HD 5670 GDDR5 512MB 100287L

Receiver: Denon 3808

Are you trying to play via WMC internal player or using MPC? I would recommend just trying to get working with MPC HC + ffdshow first before you mess around with the 7mc player

Cheers,
Damian

post #1011 of 4695 Old 07-20-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:

If you right click on the little fox icon on your task bar there is an option "Rip To Image". This is what you want to use for an ISO

allright, got that one figured out. Ripping one now.

Any idea if the 2 options there need to be clicked? The "keep protection of Blu-ray... and creating a .DVD file?

Also

How do I set up the Folder structure if I want to ISO a 2nd disk of, let say extras, of a Blu-ray movie

Thanks

Jobuu
post #1012 of 4695 Old 07-20-2010, 12:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli6103 View Post

I cannot get my Logitech diNovo Mini to work with MPC. I am using the button commands explained on the first page but is there something different?

I haven't had any issues, I just make sure my diNovo Mini is in MCE Remote mode

Cheers,
Damian

post #1013 of 4695 Old 07-20-2010, 01:44 PM

dbone et al: not sure if this is correct forum but -

what is the latest on playback of actual bluray disks from a software standpoint.
do powerdvd or tmt3 have bitstreaming capabilities? the last time i searched the topic it was a no go.(?)

Im happy using WMC/MPCHC and am bitstreaming fine with ATI 5850 (thx to your guides) but the WAF is poor to say the least!!
i need an option to stick in a BD disk (netflix) and make it play with HD sound.
can someone help me with this? im fine converting my library to mkv but i really need an option for new release rentals etc.
thanks for the help in advance.
post #1014 of 4695 Old 07-20-2010, 01:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goondog View Post

dbone et al: not sure if this is correct forum but -

what is the latest on playback of actual bluray disks from a software standpoint.
do powerdvd or tmt3 have bitstreaming capabilities? the last time i searched the topic it was a no go.(?)

Im happy using WMC/MPCHC and am bitstreaming fine with ATI 5850 (thx to your guides) but the WAF is poor to say the least!!
i need an option to stick in a BD disk (netflix) and make it play with HD sound.
can someone help me with this? im fine converting my library to mkv but i really need an option for new release rentals etc.
thanks for the help in advance.

Yes, PDVD and TMT work with bitstreaming. Since you have a 5850 you must use the ATI HDMI driver and not the realtek driver though (at least for TMT, not sure if this applies for PDVD as well)

Cheers,
Damian

post #1015 of 4695 Old 07-20-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:

For mounting ISO there are links to 2 ISO mouting apps at the Blu ray Playback part of the guide. You need to install one and make sure it is seleted in the MB configuration settings, it will auto-mount.
TMT3 can play both BD ISO images and Blu Ray folder structures

As for PGS subs, i think this only affects MakeMKV, my Avatar rip works fine with PGS subs in MPC-HC, it was done with eac3to and MKV Merge (4.1 i think).

I'm having a hard time finding how to configure MB to use the mounting software, just can't seem to find where to do it.

Also not having any luck with MB downloading any artwork for movies I have added

Also when MB starts up, it always open to the media browser page, can I set it to open to the movies page?

thanks
Jobuu
post #1016 of 4695 Old 07-20-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:

I took it down because i need to add the vbs scripts for automatically changing to 24p and back with Reclock. they were missing. I`ll add them today.

I can't see the 24p section. Still working on it?

Elite PRO-110FD
Toshiba HD-XA2 / Oppo BDP-83
1TB TiVo HD (Comcast) / H/K AVR 247
Intel DH57DD + Core i3 530 / Win7 64-bit MC
post #1017 of 4695 Old 07-20-2010, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Will add it tomorrow, i promise, I`ve been busy tonight with some projects for work, before i go on a little trip to Greece (so i won`t be on the forum for about one and a half weeks, starting 2 days from now)
post #1018 of 4695 Old 07-20-2010, 05:19 PM

Crossposting this from the MCM forums. It's very frustrating!

Well my problem I think is obvious. I have my movies in separate folders organized like this: (small folder of random titles for testing and example purposes)

As you can see, the folder format is Y T. Is there a way to make mcm look past the year and recognize the title? You'll see in the next screenshot, it's butchered much of my collection of movies from 2010, as it thinks they are all "2010: The Year We Make Contact"

Is there an easy fix for this? (besides having to remove the year from thousands of folders?)

Thanks for all your hard work.
post #1019 of 4695 Old 07-20-2010, 05:23 PM

Oh the movies themselves follow the standard format of "adventureland.2009.BluRay.1080p.x264.mkv"
post #1020 of 4695 Old 07-20-2010, 05:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalCS84 View Post

Oh the movies themselves follow the standard format of "adventureland.2009.BluRay.1080p.x264.mkv"

Why not just make a folder for each year and then put the corresponding movie folder in the correct year folder (this way you don't have to put the year in the movie folder name)

Cheers,
Damian

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page