Windows 7 Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowledge Base & Support - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #211 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
If you want to play standalone m2ts files remove the stream folder.

Ex : Blu Ray \\ New Moon \\ New Moon.m2ts

That`s it. MPC-HC should play if you you associated it in media browser with m2ts files (external players tab).

Off : Yay, we has teh sticky

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HTPC : AMD Zacate E350 with XBMC 10.00 + Aeon MQ
Storage : 6TB DLink NAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

eyeballer - Are you using an Acer Revo with an dual core Atom and a Nvidia Ion Graphics card ? And have you used the subtitle control method (with Media Browser) for Section 1.2 (Shark method) ?

Yes, the dual core atom/ION. I didn't use the subtitle method. The only things I have installed are MPC-HC (32bit) and the shark007 32 and 64 components, per the guide. Some 1080p files work perfectly in MPC-HC, some work in WMP and some even work in 7MC. But I can't figure out why... all the files work in one of the players. The 7MC problem is the black bars on the sides with some files - I re-did TV set up and that didn't help.
post #213 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Looks like you got your Sticky wish.

post #214 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 06:47 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

This is my structure for TV Shows:

\\\\MyServer\\TV Shows\\Show Name\\Season X

(Subfolder to Season x)
SXXEXX - Episode Name.mkv

I've got that part already but I need to clean up the SageTV naming mess. It may work ok within STV, but it looks bad. I'm speaking of OTA recording by the way, not TV show season rips.

The SageTV naming convention. I'm going to clean up the names, episode, seasons and such and put them folders by shows. I just have to wait until he Flash Forward series finale tonight. The 3rd image is from the TV show disc rips. But I just don't like those weird icons they used there:
LL
LL
LL
post #215 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:

That`s it. MPC-HC should play if you you associated it in media browser with m2ts files (external players tab).

Yes, this is what works and what I'm going to do.
post #216 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal55 View Post

I've got that part already but I need to clean up the SageTV naming mess. It may work ok within STV, but it looks bad. I'm speaking of OTA recording by the way, not TV show season rips.

The SageTV naming convention. I'm going to clean up the names, episode, seasons and such and put them folders by shows. I just have to wait until he Flash Forward series finale tonight. The 3rd image is from the TV show disc rips. But I just don't like those weird icons they used there:

That`s the CovertArt plugin. You installed it right? Go to Media browser config, plugins tab, select CovertArt, select the configurator and then you can change the default ivons for TV Shows (or movies or whatever) from there.

post #217 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 06:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

So if the Blu Ray is a seamless branch will this method work as well (I assume the playlist is being picked up)?

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) -

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #218 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballer View Post

Yes, the dual core atom/ION. I didn't use the subtitle method. The only things I have installed are MPC-HC (32bit) and the shark007 32 and 64 components, per the guide. Some 1080p files work perfectly in MPC-HC, some work in WMP and some even work in 7MC. But I can't figure out why... all the files work in one of the players. The 7MC problem is the black bars on the sides with some files - I re-did TV set up and that didn't help.

64bit decoders have not been so mature the last time i checked it.
I suggest you do a Win 7 32bit install for your HTPC.

Have your videos worked well before?

post #219 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:

64bit decoders have not been so mature the last time i checked it.
I suggest you do a Win 7 32bit install for your HTPC.

Have your videos worked well before?

Well I'm using all 32bit codecs (i left the 64 bit players unchecked in the x64 add-ons installation). And the videos were all working perfectly before.. And still do, it's just that some videos only work in certain players.. All I did was uninstall the Shark007 packs and then reinstall them. Everything was playing in 7mc before too without the black bars on the sides. It's really strange, I suppose I'll uninstall everything again tonight and try again.
post #220 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballer View Post

Well I'm using all 32bit codecs (i left the 64 bit players unchecked in the x64 add-ons installation). And the videos were all working perfectly before.. And still do, it's just that some videos only work in certain players.. All I did was uninstall the Shark007 packs and then reinstall them. Everything was playing in 7mc before too without the black bars on the sides. It's really strange, I suppose I'll uninstall everything again tonight and try again.

Did you uninstall Shark007 using Control Panel or within the Shark007 program? You aren't supposed to uninstall it using Control Panel.

post #221 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

So basically you installed the shark007 packs per guide, then you reinstalled and you got this wierd s*it happening. The uninstall ideea is good, but after you uninstall the pack (from the Shark Config Utility), clean up the registry with this http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner so the registry is clean as a wistle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

Did you uninstall Shark007 using Control Panel or within the Shark007 program? You aren't supposed to uninstall it using Control Panel.

Yup, should add that to the guide. Probably uninstalling it from the CP leaves some entries in the registry

post #222 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:

That`s the CovertArt plugin. You installed it right? Go to Media browser config, plugins tab, select CovertArt, select the configurator and then you can change the default ivons for TV Shows (or movies or whatever) from there.

I think I have that installed but didn't config. I think it said something about needing Pegasus? Not sure. I'll check when I get home. I only installed 2 plugins at the time.
post #223 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

Quote:

So basically you installed the shark007 packs per guide, then you resintalled and you got this wierd s*it happening. The uninstall ideea is good, but after you uninstall the pack, clean up the registry with this http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner so the registry is clean as a wistle.

Yup, should add that to the guide. Probably uninstalling it from the CP leaves some entries in the registry

I uninstalled it as it states from the Help tab, I did the x64 uninstall, restarted and then x86 uninstall, restarted. But yeah I'm gonna uninstall again, run the CCleaner and then try it - frustration was definitely setting in last night... I wish I hadn't even uninstalled it. I thought the popping/crackling I was getting was due to some codec conflict, but it was the wlan card spiking the CPU.
post #224 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So if the Blu Ray is a seamless branch will this method work as well (I assume the playlist is being picked up)?

I don`t understand the seamless branch part. What do you mean by that? You mean multiple m2ts files that form up a single movie?

post #225 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal55 View Post

I think I have that installed but didn't config. I think it said something about needing Pegasus? Not sure. I'll check when I get home. I only installed 2 plugins at the time.

Pegasus is MB 2.2.3 . basically the latest version, which you have.

post #226 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 07:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I don`t understand the seamless branch part. What do you mean by that? You mean multiple m2ts files that form up a single movie?

Yes

Cheers,
Damian

post #227 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Haven`t tried that, but will look into it tonight and let you know, i`ve got a couple of movies to rip/copy to my HTPC anyway.

post #228 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 07:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Haven`t tried that, but will look into it tonight and let you know, i`ve got a couple of movies to rip/copy to my HTPC anyway.

Thanks. I have test files on my server that I use for testing (including BD Folder rips) but I don't have them as part of my Media Browser library.

Cheers,
Damian

post #229 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:

You have the Realtek drivers and the Ati drivers ? If so, uninstall the Realtek ones and install only the Ati HDMI drivers that come with the Catalyst package, the realtek ones are useless.

Also, make sure you have the latest patches for TMT3, version 1.70 and above (they enabled bitstreaming with 5xxx series cards in the 1.70 patch)

GreenEyez!! Thank you!! It may not be a big deal to some but my audio receiver finally lit up with "DTS-HD Master" while playing (bitstreaming) blu-ray (ISO). First time i've seen it on my receiver since my fat PS3 does the decoding and sends it as PCM and only see "Multichannel" on my receiver. Now my PS3 is officially relegated to just playing games.

I just need a few more tweaks (i hope) and my 7MC will be golden! I'm actually loving what i'm seeing right now. Those cover arts looks slick in Media Browser, cant' wait to show it off to my buddies. I haven't done MPC-HC (.mts/.ts) bitstreaming portion, i skipped it since i thought i just pick one of the options between 1.1 TMT and 1.2 MPC-HC. Thanks GreenEyez and the rest of contributors. Couldn't have done it without this thread!
post #230 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Great to hear that. Since you have TMT, you can simplify the process and use Blu Ray folder structures stored on the HDD, instead ISO images. There`s also a ripping guide to rip the main movie into BR folder structures now in the guide (after Part 7), using Blown_BD. And an MKV guide will be coming tonight (my local time, about 4-5 hours from now).

post #231 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 09:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Great to hear that. Since you have TMT, you can simplify the process and use Blu Ray folder structures stored on the HDD, instead ISO images. There`s also a ripping guide to rip the main movie into BR folder structures now in the guide (after Part 7), using Blown_BD. And an MKV guide will be coming tonight (my local time, about 4-5 hours from now).

Blown_BD

Cheers,
Damian

post #232 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Lulz ))))). I really blew than one .

Anyway i tested multiple standalone m2ts files and it doesn`t work. Media browser just pickes them up as separate files into a folder. Even if i copy the Playlist folder or the .mpls files or the index.bdmv it acts the same, picking them up as multiple files.

post #233 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:

Blown_BD

The p0rn industry ripper of choice
post #234 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 11:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacrimosae View Post

The p0rn industry ripper of choice

lol

Cheers,
Damian

post #235 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:

Yes. To get subs and DXVA, you have to go with the MPC-HC as an external player route.

Meaning "Section 1.1 - Playback using MPC-HC as an external player "? Won't setting ffdshow as the videodecoder break DVXA?
post #236 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 11:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNTamara View Post

Meaning "Section 1.1 - Playback using MPC-HC as an external player "? Won't setting ffdshow as the videodecoder break DVXA?

FFDShow now supports DXVA, you have to set up in the FFDShow settings

Cheers,
Damian

post #237 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yes, but it`s still in beta/experimental stage, and from my tests, it`s not reliable yet:

Quote:

Now, i`ve done a couple of tests regarding ffdshow DXVA. Tested 10 movies, all DXVA compliant (5 encodes + 5 remuxes) and the results are still inconsistent. I noticed shuttering issuses and lower PQ (compared to ffdshow software decoding (ffmpeg-mt) and the mpc-hc decoder, , all 3 decoders used with WMP12). So until every issue is fixed regarding the ffdshow DXVA decoder, the Section 1.2 part of the guide will remain as it is, with the MPC-HC decoder used with the 7MC internal player and the limitation regarding subs&dxva.

But as new releases come out, i`ll test them once every two weeks or so, until i see it is stable.

post #238 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNTamara View Post

FFdshow is set as the secondary (backup) video decoder in Section 1.1. The MPC-HC internal filters are used for DXVA compliant videos, and ffdshow (software decoding) will kick in only if you have a non-DXVA compliant video. The reason behind this is that the ffdshow ffmpeg-mt is better optimized than the internal MPC-HC decoder when it comes to software decoding, at least from what i have seen.

post #239 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 10:54 PM

Need some help or info on the following.

1) When i go to Media Browser advanced configuration menu, on the external players tab. I could not find ".m2ts" on the selection for 'media type to add'. Although I was able to add ISO, Bluray, MKV and TS.

2) i extracted out the .m2ts file from the ISO blu-ray file. i should be able to keep the HD audio right? or is this the right way to get the .m2ts file from blu-ray?

3) i thought the rip &compress blu-ray option inside 7MC was good enough? why the need for additional blu-ray ripping guide? care to enlighten me on that?

thanks again!
post #240 of 4676 Old 05-27-2010, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

a) TS is also used for m2ts files from what i can remember. I`ll check that in an hour and tell for sure, i just woke up

b) How did you extract it? Did you copy it from the ISO file? If so, yes, it has the HD audio. If you want to rip it as BR folder strcuture (to play it back via TMT3) you can use my guide.

c) Well, not everybody whats to ripping on their HTPC. Ripping takes 20-30 minutes and in that time your HTPC will be almost unusuable, because of the huge number of reading/writing to your HDD that takes place during ripping. Others have their movies stored on a mini-server or on a NAS. Others have a faster HDD so doing it on your main PC is faster (my case for ex).

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page