Unable to map next audio to the blue button on MCE remote for use with MPC-HC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-07-2010, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I recently bought this remote: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product Which I believe is the same as this remote: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823166095; except it doesn't have the "Adesso" brand on it.

I love everything about the remote, except for the way the yellow, blue, green, and red buttons work. The remote has them already assigned to do certain things in Media Center: Yellow (My TV) - opens My TV application, Blue (My Music) - opens My Music application, Green (My Pictures) - opens My Pictures application, and Red (My Videos) - opens My Videos application.

In Media Player Classic-Home Cinema, I've gone into "Options", "Keys" and I've mapped the next audio to MCE_Yellow, next subtitles to MCE-Blue Jump Backward (Small) to MCE_Green, Jump Forward (Small) to MCE_Red, Exit to Browser_Back, Increase Rate to Media_Fast_Forward, and
Decrease Rate to Media_Rewind.

Now, here's the problem. When I'm playing a movie, here's what the keys actually do: Yellow - nothing. Blue - Audio 0%, hit it again and it says audio 100%. But there is no actual change in audio volume. Green - Displays the time of how far into the movie I am. Red - Returns me to the very beginning of the movie. Browser Back - Nothing (Doesn't Close MPC) Fast Forward and rewind also do nothing in MPC-HC.

One of the reviews on Amazon stated that: "this is not truly a "remote"; It simulates keyboard presses instead." So if I could find out what keystroke(s) the buttons on the remote actually represent, then I could go into MPC-HC and assign those keyboard keys (that correspond to the remote's buttons) to next audio, etc.! Does anyone know how or where I can find out what button, on my remote, corresponds to what keystroke?

As a last ditch resort, i will buy this program: http://melloware.com/products/intelliremote/ In the product manual, it lists my remote as being compatible. Has anyone used this program or know of a cheaper alternative that will work with my remote? Intelliremote is $24; for that price, I might just buy a different remote. In which case, can you guys recommend to me a similarly priced remote that I can map 4 colored buttons to?

"Here on the moon, our weekends are so advanced, they encompass the entire week." Ignignokt from Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2010, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Anyone?

"Here on the moon, our weekends are so advanced, they encompass the entire week." Ignignokt from Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Old 07-09-2010, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by randalthor View Post

Anyone?

Try 'AutoHotKey'.
It will run a small script in the background and allow the user to translate remote commands to keyboard shortcuts for a program.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:02 PM

Liked: 10
I have the same problem...

I use this control instead:
www amazon co uk/Philips-SRM-5100-Microsoft-Control/dp/B000QG1ZUM

It have all that keys too and all them work including with WMC.

Some times the key work (very hard), 10 attemps, maybe one!

All the other keys works very fine and yes, the control is 100%, no problem with him.

PS: I am not a SPAMMER!! HAHAH

[]'s