Nvidia GeForce GTX 460(GF104 GPU) supports full audio bitstreaming - Page 61 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1801 of 1812 Old 11-12-2011, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 106
NVIDIA released new beta drivers this week which supposedly fix the WMC black screen issue.

http://www.geforce.com/News/articles...ivers-released
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 1812 Old 11-12-2011, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Indeed it does.
post #1803 of 1812 Old 11-17-2011, 03:11 PM

Liked: 10
I think the new HDMI audio drivers in 285.62 messed up the latency again.
Now the silent stream is even worse, a couple more seconds are chopped off everytime a stream initiates.
post #1804 of 1812 Old 11-17-2011, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by carageuw View Post

I think the new HDMI audio drivers in 285.62 messed up the latency again.
Now the silent stream is even worse, a couple more seconds are chopped off everytime a stream initiates.

Hmm, from which driver did you update? 285.62 comes with HD audio driver version 1.2.24.0, which has been around for a while. I think it was introduced with the 285.xx beta series sometime in Sept.

In any case, yes there is a very noticeable delay (maybe 1-2 sec) with 1.2.24.0, but it does not seem worse than the versions before. I use a GTS450 and bitstream to a Denon AVR-4308CI
____
Axel

post #1805 of 1812 Old 01-31-2012, 06:17 PM

HDMI Audio driver updated in latest 295.51 beta again...
Anyone know what got changed or fixed?
post #1806 of 1812 Old 01-31-2012, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

I just installed it but I haven't had a chance to run anything on it. I also upgraded to PDVD12 so I'll be testing in the next day or so.
post #1807 of 1812 Old 01-31-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

I just installed it but I haven't had a chance to run anything on it. I also upgraded to PDVD12 so I'll be testing in the next day or so.

I also upgraded to PowerDVD12 Ultra today...
Hope it works well...I heard Cyberlink finally got it fixed this time so that PowerDVD would remember to default to HDMI bitstreaming.
post #1808 of 1812 Old 01-31-2012, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carageuw View Post

I also upgraded to PowerDVD12 Ultra today...
Hope it works well...I heard Cyberlink finally got it fixed this time so that PowerDVD would remember to default to HDMI bitstreaming.

That's true, but, there are other issues.
post #1809 of 1812 Old 02-21-2012, 06:00 AM

With a GeForce GTX 460, how could I bitstream to a receiver if both DVI ports are in use with dual-link DVI displays (one is dual-link because of its high resolution, the other because it is a 3D monitor)? I don't think you can daisy-chain a receiver to a display where the display takes the video and passes on the audio. And, conversely, a receiver only takes HDMI so cannot pass a dual-link DVI signal to a display.

Are there video cards out there with two DVI connectors and one HDMI? Could you then use HDMI for sound and the two DVI for dual-link displays?
post #1810 of 1812 Old 02-21-2012, 07:22 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by guho View Post

With a GeForce GTX 460, how could I bitstream to a receiver if both DVI ports are in use with dual-link DVI displays (one is dual-link because of its high resolution, the other because it is a 3D monitor)? I don't think you can daisy-chain a receiver to a display where the display takes the video and passes on the audio. And, conversely, a receiver only takes HDMI so cannot pass a dual-link DVI signal to a display.

Are there video cards out there with two DVI connectors and one HDMI? Could you then use HDMI for sound and the two DVI for dual-link displays?

Simply you can't.

A workaround is add a second graphics card for audio (in extended mode; video is the unused part of the desktop). NVIDIA Kepler may supports 3 independent displays.
post #1811 of 1812 Old 03-07-2012, 08:17 AM

Just to relay my experience with my GTX 470, I'm bitstreaming perfectly. In fact, the sound this thing puts out through HDMI is far superior to my X-Fi Fatality Pro bitstream with Toslink.

I just ordered some new AV stuff, Pioneer 821 and Energy 5.0 along with PA-120. Was excited to get it all and improve my sound, well all of a sudden I'm hearing static, pops, and crackle I never heard before when I had my analog setup. Tried different PCIe slots, a 2nd X-Fi card, onboard audio with the same connection, did research, adjusted everything possible, no fix. At the end I said let me try bitstreaming on my 470, SOLVED EVERYTHING. No more static and pops every time I start and stop a sound file. To top it off, the X-Fi only does DD and DTS, the 470 does that and DD Plus. It also sounds better, the clarity is better, even though they're both digital connections. It's perfect, it's beautiful, thank you Nvidia!

I'm passing the bitstream and a video signal to my AV receiver and then the video signal to a TV along with also a straight DVI to HDMI connection from my 470 to my monitor. Everything is just as I wanted it to be now, I'm happy. To hell with Creative!
post #1812 of 1812 Old 08-10-2012, 03:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Hope you guys can help me out with a problem I m having:

I just moved from the Marantz SR-5005 to an Onkyo TX-SR876 because I wanted to upgrade from Audyssey MultEQ to Mult EQ XT and could make a good deal on the Onkyo.

Tonight I fired up my HTPC in order to play a Blu-Ray movie. Unfortunately NO SOUND. I checked the Nvidia Control Panel and the audio properties of the TX-SR876 which was nicely showed by the Nvidia Control Panel. Next, when you click on the audio button in the Nvidia Control Panel you automatically are directed to the windows audio properties. The High-Def audio is set as default audio device. Next I cheched the properties of the audio device. I always select 5.1 surround and select TEST. Normally a pinging sound sequence is then heard from all the satelite speakers and subwoofer, but as soon as I click on TEST the amp shuts down and the stand-by button keeps blinking red. When I put it back on and try it again it keeps happening. Ok, no testing is what I thought, let s try Media Player Classic again: NOTHING...... no sound at all.
I know the HTPC is set up properly because everything worked ok on my older Marantz SR5005. There s also one more strange thing: when I startup windows with my Onkyo ON the Dolby Digital (red) icon is showed by the Onkyo. This also seems strange......

EDIT: When running my high-def Blu-Ray I said there is no sound comming from my AVR. To be more specific: nothing happens with the AVR. Normally you can see the AVR switch to eg. Dolby True-HD or DTS Master on it s display but that s not happening.

Also the problem is not Media Player Classic: this is configured properly because it works on my Marantz SR5005.

Setup:
- Onkyo TX-NR876 with latest MAIN firmware (1.05) and latest DSP 1st version.
- HDMI main as output to HDMI input of my JVC X30 projector.
- HTPC with Nvidia GeForce GTX460 with latest Nvidia driver
- Nvidia mini-HMDI output connected to HDMI1 input of Onkyo with a miniHDMI=>HDMI dongle=>regular HDMI cable.
- Windows7 with MPC-HC as player.

Something is not right here. Can anyone help?
If more information is needed please let me know.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page