Will this remote work with MPC-HC? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-13-2010, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm looking for a remote that will work with Windows Media Center 7 and MPC-HC. I recently made the mistake of purchasing this remote: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product Quoting from one of the Amazon reviews, "This remote is not truly a "remote"; It simulates keyboard presses instead, which means that an advanced remote config program such as EventGhost cannot be used as it does not identify almost all of the buttons on the remote. This is dissapointing because It cannot be remapped to work for a custom program."

So now I'm thinking of getting this remote: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16880121003 Does anyone have experience with this remote? Is it truly a remote, or does it just simulate keyboard presses, like my current remote? If this remote is really a remote, then I should be able to reassign what the buttons do in MPC-HC.

"Here on the moon, our weekends are so advanced, they encompass the entire week." Ignignokt from Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2010, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 206
That is a proper MCE remote. It should be compatible with EventGhost.

Why not just get a MCE receiver (HP Media Center IR Receiver from eBay) and a universal remote?

Old 07-13-2010, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

That is a proper MCE remote. It should be compatible with EventGhost.

Why not just get a MCE receiver (HP Media Center IR Receiver from eBay) and a universal remote?

Thanks for the quick reply bryansj! Let me clarify my post. I don't want to use EventGhost or Melloware's Intelliremote program. I want to just follow GreenEyez' HTPC Software Guide for Windows 7 Media Center. All I need to do is go into MPC-HC. Then go to view, options, Keys, and then assign each Command to an "App Command." For instance, I will assign Next Subtitle to MCE_Yellow. Another words, I'll be able to use the yellow button on my remote to switch between subtitles.

I don't want to use a universal remote because they are expensive and I don't mind using multiple remotes.

"Here on the moon, our weekends are so advanced, they encompass the entire week." Ignignokt from Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Old 07-13-2010, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Then the newegg remote will work with GreenEyez's guide. It will also work with EventGhost if you feel the need to expand its capabilities in the future.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your help bryansj. I'll be purchasing the newegg remote.