Read through this thread and thanks for all of the great info here guys. I believe based on what I read I should be OK, just want to check to make sure I don't end up disappointed.
My requirements from an HTPC:
1) Smooth streaming 1080p mkv files over my 1Gbit LAN
2) Internet browsing: (non-HD) youtube/hulu
3) Basic audio only, no fancy requirements
I am looking at getting the base model with a CPU upgrade to dual core:
I can get a Dell Zino with below for $322 (cheapest system with upgraded processor):
* AMD Athlon II X2 P340 Dual Core Processor, 2.2GHz, 1MB
* 2GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz- 2 DIMMs
* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 Integrated Graphics
Assuming that is fine my last question is if I want an integrated IR receiver I need to order the dell remote, even if I just plan on using a 3rd party remote in the end, correct?