AVS Forum banner

DTS-HD MA / TrueHD Bitstream problems

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  renethx 
#1 ·
I understand this has been covered many times, and I am usually excellent at finding solutions to my computer problems. This one however still has me stumped.

I have an Acer x1200. All the latest drivers, codecs, etc. The problem I am having is I am unable to send any of the HD sound formats to my Onkyo HT-RC260 via HDMI. Which is completely capable of decoding the audio. I have followed every guide out there, but it seems most of them are for an ATI 5xxx graphics card or whatever. I have an onboard nVidia, and have the latest drivers and HD audio drivers installed. I do not use RealTek as the HDMI audio never works when I have that installed. I have played with the ffdshow settings, and the settings in MPC. At one point, i don't know what I did, but I got Gom Player to send DTS-HD MA to the receiver. Sound for a split second and no video, but the light changed from DTS to DTS HD Master. So I know the setup I have is capable.

This is what my nVidia Driver looks like:

When I play a m2ts file with DTS HD with my current ffdshow and MPC settings (which play DTS and DD just fine) ffdshows displays this:

Now, when I go to MPC setup and change the output audio device to Null Audio Renderer (Uncompressed), thinking it will just send a straight signal i get this:

So obviously there is a DTS HD signal in the source. The only thing I don't understand is why the first time the sound was output via S/PDIF while the second time it was output Hdmi. To my knowledge S/PDIF is sent over an optical cable? maybe i'm wrong as I only have HDMI hooked up. And here are my ffdshow settings:

So, anyone have any suggestions or can help me? I've been trying to figure this out for a while now.

See less See more
#4 ·
GPU is GeForce 8200, right? It's 2.5-year old (the first NVIDIA GPU that supports multichannel LPCM) and it does not support HD audio bitstreaming. GeForce GTX 460 (released a couple of months ago) is the first NVIDIA GPU that supports HD audio bitstreaming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.