Is it possible to get HD audio full bitrate, over analog 5.1, EVEN if downsampled? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 202 Old 10-14-2010, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys.
After days and days of looking online I've finally decided to post a thread, hopefully it wont be too much bother for the experts since, I imagine, this is pretty "newby" question.

First:

My quest is to output the full HD audio stream of a blu-ray (or .ts, .mkv etc), decoded from its original encoder (DTS/AC3/True HD/DTS-HDMA..) to raw LPCM, without having it fall back to the lossy stream core, and I need to do it over the 5.1 analog outputs of my Auzentech Xfi Bravura soundcard to the 5.1 analog inputs of my old (w/o HDMI!) Denon 3801 receiver (which can only decode up until the old DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete). I understand it wouldn't be really lossless but the majority of the tracks in BRDs are encoded at 16 bit 48Khz anyway, and more than that I have no plans on buying a new receiver in the next few months (next year).
I thought this was going to be easy, but failed.
What I've got from reading online is that, because of PAP, the lossless audio streams will always be downsampled to 16-bit 48Hz, unless bitstreaming in HDMI over Radeon HD5xxx and other (Ausus Xonar?), but what I'm wondering is how to at least get the downsampled full bitrate HD stream instead of only the lossy core stream.
Is that possible?
Because, for example, using mpc-hc with fddshow audio decoder to output in LPCM 5.1, I can watch a movie with both Dolby True HD and Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks and I can select no problem the Dolby THD track... but nontheless I read "16 bit, 48Khz, 640kbps". Damn! That bitrate (sooo low eheh!) is that of a simple AC3 "core" track (I do know that Dolby doesn't really have a *true* core track like what DTS HD/MA do) :-/
Even more absurd is that, no placebo effect trust me, on the Legends of Jazz Showcase BRD selecting the Dolby True HD track (and, again, mpc-hc reports I'm listening it at "only" 640Kbps when I go to the internal audio switcher) sounds MUCH better than the other selectable track, the lossy AC3 DD 5.1 one which instead should sound exactly the same (being that is encoded at 640Kbps -like the "core" on the True Hd track)!
Enlighten me, please, and if possible help me out getting the best I can without resorting to ripping audio to Flac&co, or changing my soundcard.
I'm definitely open minded about buying new software tho.

Thanks for reading!

Problem with the threads I've found all over the net is that they always refer to bitstreaming, while I need those HD audio streams decoded in software to "raw" LPCM and then outputted over ANALOG 5.1, not HDMI (unfortunately!), so I still can't seem to get a definitive answer... maybe I'm blind, but man you would do me such a big favour just to take the time and answer, even if only a couple of lines! ^_^

--just fo reference:
System:
Windows 7 64-bit
softwares: mpc-hc, haali splitter, fddshow audio decoder.
Xfi Bravura 7.1 via analog to Denon "non-hdmi" AVR 3801
Core i5 750
Radeon HD 5850
etc.

"Forget the picture on your tv screen"
Martin Gore -Depeche Mode
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 202 Old 10-15-2010, 04:54 AM

I am in the same situation as yours... i use x-fi prelude and a luxman multichannel receiver (dd only) through multichannel inputs

I use powerdvd 10 with reclock in wasapi mode and I use the analog outputs

If you use powerdvd codecs with mpc-hc it will be basically the same

this way I get full decoding of all codecs, including hd ones, d/a conversion and bypass of windows mixer. This way there is no downsampling or bit stripping at all (I can get 96 khz from concerts e.g.)

The important is that you use reclock with wasapi because without it (or with reclock without wasapi) you will get downsampling and you will go through windows mixer resulting in loss of audio quality and interference from windows sounds

Another important part is that you should set your soundcard properly with delay time, crossover and bass managment in the sound card panel. A simple way is to install the thx console for auzentech cards (you can find it on the internet easily). This package will integrate with drivers and offer all the settings of time delay and bass managment you need in one menu. You can also run tests for checking channel level, crossover, inverse polarity of speakers etc.

Moreover, you should make sure your receiver is set up correctly to increase the SW channel by 10 or 15 decibels (depending if you use bass managment or not). In fact the sound card will not do so (it shouldn't, it's the receiver's job) so the SW level is -10 db, and if you activate bass management it will further drop to -15. More info is on the thread in the audio section on LFE
post #3 of 202 Old 10-15-2010, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post

...using mpc-hc with fddshow audio decoder to output in LPCM 5.1...

Something is set up wrong because PAP does not even come into play with that configuration. Which version of MPC-HC/ffdshow are you using? You should be using one of the latest nightly SVN builds.
post #4 of 202 Old 10-15-2010, 07:32 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Bit-perfect HD audio decoding in a non-commercial DirectShow media player (MPC-HC, ZP, 7MC, MP, TT etc.) is pretty easy. Use the following audio decoder:

- TrueHD: ffdshow Audio Decoder
- DTS-HD: ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD

in WASAPI exclusive mode (use ReClock).

If you use a commercial BD player, your choice of sound card is limited to ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 (TMT3) and Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD (PowerDVD), of course.
post #5 of 202 Old 10-15-2010, 08:05 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeBoma View Post

this way I get full decoding of all codecs, including hd ones, d/a conversion and bypass of windows mixer. This way there is no downsampling or bit stripping at all (I can get 96 khz from concerts e.g.)

Will you elaborate on this point? Are you using CyberLink Audio Decoder (Claud.ax). Which MKV/M2TS splitters connect to it for decoding TrueHD/DTS-HD?
post #6 of 202 Old 10-16-2010, 04:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I am in the same situation as yours...

Great then!

Quote:

i use x-fi prelude and a luxman multichannel receiver (dd only) through multichannel inputs

I use powerdvd 10 with reclock in wasapi mode and I use the analog outputs

Oh wow, I didn't even know Luxman had a multichannel receiver $$$$
I'm loving it.
Currently I only have the trial of powerdvd10, but I have no problem buying if that is the answer to my situation.
Quote:

So you're able to get up to 24 bit/192Khz? Awesome.
Is this reflected in any way on Powerdvd's osd/gui? Just so that I know when I'm going to try it and looking for some reassurance I'm doing things the right way.
Do I need to use a splitter I guess? Do you use this conf also for mkv?

Quote:

More info is on the thread in the audio section on LFE

I already have the THX Auzen cp (and I get what you say it about wasapi exclusive mode of course), but I'm a bit concerned about this -10db (not going to use bass management), and delays and so on. I mean, I calibrated my audio equipment with the Chesky tests plus proper mics, but I currently get it perfect to my tastes with mpc-hc, why would that change? I'm already outputting in analog to my receiver with mpc-hc/powerdvd, only the audio software decoder would change... or am I wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

Something is set up wrong because PAP does not even come into play with that configuration. Which version of MPC-HC/ffdshow are you using? You should be using one of the latest nightly SVN builds.

I'm using the latest stable builds (re-downloaded yesterday from sourceforge).
When I go to select the audio stream I want to listen when watching a .ts/.m2ts movie in mmpc-hc, as I've wrote, it says blablabla DTHD MA 1.5 Mbits for DTS HD or 640Kbps for True HD tracks, which we all know are the lossy cores. Unless there's a bug in mmpc-hc where it shows only the core bitrate resolution instead of that of Core + MLP instructions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx View Post

Bit-perfect HD audio decoding in a non-commercial DirectShow media player (MPC-HC, ZP, 7MC, MP, TT etc.) is pretty easy. Use the following audio decoder:

- TrueHD: ffdshow Audio Decoder
- DTS-HD: ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD

in WASAPI exclusive mode (use ReClock).

I use WASAPI with foobar and I know the difference it make to my listening experience, so I'd love to have that on top of HD audio decoding.
As I've said, I need LPCM in output since my receiver doesn't sport nor HDMI nor the new lossless decoders, what I need is to "study" the post you've linked (included what you quoted from the guy above you?) me to get the Arcsoft HD Audio decoder for DTS HD?
Because, as I've said, I already use ffdshow but what I get in decoding is just a 640kbps stream in the True HD track, so yeah it decodes it but only in the lossy way. :/
I guess that introducing Reclock (in wasapi mode) in this chain would make it possible to get it decoded in lossless LPCM then?
What splitter do I need to use?
Is there a reference guide to do that (I easily found HDMI bitstreaming guides around, but that's it), or could someone be so kind to point me out the right steps?

THANKS GUYS!

post #7 of 202 Old 10-16-2010, 05:04 AM
AVS Club Gold

ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD is the only DTS-HD decoder that can be used in any DirectShow media player (unless GrandeBoma tells us how to use the CyberLink one to decode DTS-HD). If you don't use ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD, you have to be content with *core* DTS.
post #8 of 202 Old 10-16-2010, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD is the only DTS-HD decoder that can be used in any DirectShow media player (unless GrandeBoma tells us how to use the CyberLink one to decode DTS-HD). If you don't use ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD, you have to be content with *core* DTS.

I don't have any problem with that, I mean one or the other is the same in the end, the important thing is to make it work tho
So I've read that i need TMT build 185, then I need to use Shard's checkactive.dll and that process to register the filters to be used by 3rd party media players, right?
But what splitter do I need to use? Is the Haali splitter ok in this case?
And lastly, will I be able to change audio if the first track is in another language but both are in DTS HD MA?

post #9 of 202 Old 10-16-2010, 07:08 AM

WOW so many questions to cover! OK let's start

renethx: Will you elaborate on this point? Are you using CyberLink Audio Decoder (Claud.ax). Which MKV/M2TS splitters connect to it for decoding TrueHD/DTS-HD?

answer: yes i use cyberlink powerdvd 10 decoder for video and audio with mpc-hc and it works (powerdvd9 doesn't). The splitter is mpc-hc latest builds internal splitter. I don't know if it works for mkv because I don't use them, only m2ts. As for which codecs will pdvd 10 open, in w7 and vista it only works for dts codecs, but this is a fortunate coincidence because for dd true hd and vanilla and for lpcm you can use internal decoders. in xp all codecs will be opened by pdvd 10, not by pdvd9. Why is that? no idea, but if you run mpc in xp compatibility mode it will open everything. Unfortunately, it will do the decoding without downsampling and bit stripping only if you use reclock in wasapi/kernel mode. I think reclock does the magic here, fooling the codec into believing that a PAP is in use when there isn't

Dash: So you're able to get up to 24 bit/192Khz? Awesome.
Is this reflected in any way on Powerdvd's osd/gui? Just so that I know when I'm going to try it and looking for some reassurance I'm doing things the right way.
Do I need to use a splitter I guess? Do you use this conf also for mkv?

answer: yes I am. Reclock says 96 khz 24 bit when I play baraka dts hd ma or police:certifiable ddthd 96 khz 24 bit
If I run reclock WITHOUT wasapi mode, it will say 48/16 for both. This makes me believe that pdvd 10 and the latest reclock will bring full decoding possible without downsampling
If i run pdvd without reclock, I have no way to know what I am getting, but pdvd gui refers to what is on the disc, not what you are getting, so that GUI is a liar

Dash: I already have the THX Auzen cp (and I get what you say it about wasapi exclusive mode of course), but I'm a bit concerned about this -10db (not going to use bass management), and delays and so on. I mean, I calibrated my audio equipment with the Chesky tests plus proper mics, but I currently get it perfect to my tastes with mpc-hc, why would that change? I'm already outputting in analog to my receiver with mpc-hc/powerdvd, only the audio software decoder would change... or am I wrong?

answer: I have no idea how to answer this, but if you are running a calibrated system that I guess you are fine with the SW levels on analog

Dash(2):I'm using the latest stable builds (re-downloaded yesterday from sourceforge).
When I go to select the audio stream I want to listen when watching a .ts/.m2ts movie in mmpc-hc, as I've wrote, it says blablabla DTHD MA 1.5 Mbits for DTS HD or 640Kbps for True HD tracks, which we all know are the lossy cores. Unless there's a bug in mmpc-hc where it shows only the core bitrate resolution instead of that of Core + MLP instructions?

answer: you should try to read the bitrate of the decoded audio, what is written on the track menu is probably the bitrate of the core... that does not necessarily mean it is using just the core

renethx(2): ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD is the only DTS-HD decoder that can be used in any DirectShow media player (unless GrandeBoma tells us how to use the CyberLink one to decode DTS-HD). If you don't use ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD, you have to be content with *core* DTS.

answer: in my experience, also cyberlink pdvd10 will connect to mpc internal splitter for m2ts and bd disk playback of dts hd under xp vista and seven and if you use reclock renderer in wasapi it will decode everything correctly. Pdvd 8/9 will not connect to mpc splitter for dts hd and it will not get fooled by reclock into decoding everything full bitrate/samplerate. it will not do pcm or any dolby codec unless you run in xp or xp compatibility mode

renethx(3): Oh wow, I didn't even know Luxman had a multichannel receiver $$$$
I'm loving it.
Currently I only have the trial of powerdvd10, but I have no problem buying if that is the answer to my situation.

answer: you should do the reclock wasapi experiment and if it works (meaning you get 96 24 displayed by reclock) with your pdvd 10 you should consider buying it to solve the problems of disc and m2ts playback. I don't know if it will do mkv properly

yes luxman had some multichannel receiver at the end of the nineties but they are nowhere near the quality of highend stuff from the seventies. Mine is a good unit and I like the sound of it with my polks.
post #10 of 202 Old 10-16-2010, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Well GrandeBoma, those are great great news.
An I've gotta thank you again for writing all of that, and taking the time... really appreciate it!
I mean, I don't really care too much for .mkv files, honestly my attention's much more focused on .m2ts/.ts and bd discs and your suggestions actually seem will give me less of a headache, at least for now (only after that I'll try to fiddle with .mkv, in case)!
So, doing a recap (I'm on Windows 7, 64bit), I need:

Powerdvd10 (hopefully the trial will do? So that I get a chance to try if it works)
Reclock latest stable release set up in Wasapi exclusive mode
mpc-hc
Then I will add as external decoders (preferred, right?) the video and audio decoders of powerdvd10 and just use the internal filters of mpc-hc as splitters.
What do you mean when you say that for True HD/Lpcm you can just use the "internal decoders"? You mean mpc's internal ffdshow audio decoders, that I've been using till now (output on LPCM16/24/32 or IEEE float?) that, because of reclock, this time will give me the proper full bitrate instead of the "core"? Otherwise, if I didn't catch you right, decoders of what, and how do I need to set those?
Thanks again, for real!

post #11 of 202 Old 10-16-2010, 07:38 AM

yes only dts tracks will connect to mpc hc splitter unless you use xp compatibility mode but then you can't use wasapi because reclock will detect xp and shove in kernel instead, which doesn't exist in vista and seven

so you use mpc splitter-cyberlink audio decoder-reclock wasapi for dts and dts hd
mpc splitter-ffdshow audio decoder-reclock wasapi for dd, dd plus dd truehd and lpcm (see ffdshow thread)

or more simply: use cyberlink powerdvd 10 with reclock wasapi and leave mpc for dvd's since powerdvd 10 will allow you to browse the discs and will give you no problems with forced subtitles, all features that are missing in mpc-hc
post #12 of 202 Old 10-16-2010, 08:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

in my experience, also cyberlink pdvd10 will connect to mpc internal splitter for m2ts and bd disk playback of dts hd under xp vista and seven and if you use reclock renderer in wasapi it will decode everything correctly.

Hmm... so far my every attempt failed. Will you post screenshots of the filter graph in GraphStudio or GraphEdit & ReClock Properties when a M2TS with a DTS-HD track is played back in MPC HomeTheater or whatever DirectShow player? The audio track information by MediaInfo will be also helpful.
post #13 of 202 Old 10-16-2010, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

yes only dts tracks will connect to mpc hc splitter unless you use xp compatibility mode but then you can't use wasapi because reclock will detect xp and shove in kernel instead, which doesn't exist in vista and seven

so you use mpc splitter-cyberlink audio decoder-reclock wasapi for dts and dts hd
mpc splitter-ffdshow audio decoder-reclock wasapi for dd, dd plus dd truehd and lpcm (see ffdshow thread)

or more simply: use cyberlink powerdvd 10 with reclock wasapi and leave mpc for dvd's since powerdvd 10 will allow you to browse the discs and will give you no problems with forced subtitles, all features that are missing in mpc-hc

holy cow, that'd be awesome, so basically we're talking of only needing powerdvd10 and reclock in wasapi mode (for me in Win7, and kernel for my friend in Xp), not even ffdshow/arcosoft decoders/etc!
I have to say I kinda love some pixel shaders 2.0 features of mpc-hc, but for starters it would well suffice the pq of powerdvd! (Although I see that renethex's kinda "doubting" all of this is true?)

Maybe now that hdcp has been cracked the whole thing with pap could become easier, or is it not related at all? What's the chance of someone coming up with some "opensource"/freeware DTS HD MA decoder which won't downsample?
And man, when I'm done with this and I've achieved something, I'd really like to buy you a beer

post #14 of 202 Old 10-16-2010, 02:31 PM

i will make a screenshot of the filter graph with dts hd and all the rest

@dash what rene is doubtful about is capability of mpc splitter to connect with pdvd 10 codec for dts. it is rather obvious that pdvd program will be able to connect its own filters
post #15 of 202 Old 10-16-2010, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

Hmm... Will you post a screenshot of the filter graph in GraphStudio or GraphEdit when a M2TS with a DTS-HD track is played back in MPC HomeTheater or whatever DirectShow player? So far my every attempt failed.

I've never been able to get the PDVD decoders to decode more than AC3 or DTS core. I'd be interested in seeing it working myself.
post #16 of 202 Old 10-17-2010, 07:40 AM

Where are you GrandeBoma??? We are watching you.
post #17 of 202 Old 10-17-2010, 08:10 AM

Liked: 12
I'm interested in this with getting HD audio through your analog output.

I have set Reclock to kernel streaming in both PCM and Bitstream. And then 'device to use with is then my analog output: "Realtek HD Audio output"

With ffdshow, all passthrough formats checked and then also in 'compatibility options' -> "Connect as PCM first" checked. If this isn't checked I get no sound for many files.
Output format is 32bit integer.

But playing trueHD file results on only the core being used.

System:
Windows XP SP3
mpc-hc(1.2.908.0 *)
ffdshow 3611
haali splitter 1.9.355.21

realtek 889A Hd audio
Phenom X4 9750
ATi HD3200

*Because Lock Back-buffer is missing in newer versions. (I need it to fix video tearing issues)
post #18 of 202 Old 10-17-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:

i will make a screenshot of the filter graph with dts hd and all the rest

here it is

first picture is the graph (don't mind about the video decoder, it works with all pdvd)
second picture is the actual playback

you can see that both pdvd codecs are used and the track is english track of inglorious basterds european version (dts hd ma 48/24)

below in third picture you can see the bitrate of video and audio: that is NOT the bitrate of a normal dts, it's nearly 4 mb

from the reclock tab in picture 2 you can see it's 24 bits, not 16 (don't mind about the 2 channel, i screwed up it works also with 6 channels, i swear)

spear me the screenshot where I demonstrate that without wasapi it is only 16 bits
LL
LL
LL
post #19 of 202 Old 10-17-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthog View Post

I'm interested in this with getting HD audio through your analog output.

I have set Reclock to kernel streaming in both PCM and Bitstream. And then 'device to use with is then my analog output: "Realtek HD Audio output"

With ffdshow, all passthrough formats checked and then also in 'compatibility options' -> "Connect as PCM first" checked. If this isn't checked I get no sound for many files.
Output format is 32bit integer.

But playing trueHD file results on only the core being used.

System:
Windows XP SP3
mpc-hc(1.2.908.0 *)
ffdshow 3611
haali splitter 1.9.355.21

realtek 889A Hd audio
Phenom X4 9750
ATi HD3200

*Because Lock Back-buffer is missing in newer versions. (I need it to fix video tearing issues)

you must have made a mistake in setup, you must instruct ffdshow to decode the dolby thd and output to reclock (or speakers of course)
if you check the passthrough mode, ffdshow will attempt to bitstream. you must cancel all passthrough options because passthrough is NOT analog audio it's digital
post #20 of 202 Old 10-17-2010, 10:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

don't mind about the 2 channel, i screwed up it works also with 6 channels, i swear

I mind that. This is a critical point. Unless ReClock reports "6 channels", CyberLink Audio Decoder downmixes 6 channel sounds to stereo and your sound card/driver upmixes it to surround sounds (so you are losing a lot!). ReClock can't tell a lie. You shouldn't overlook this point.

LL
post #21 of 202 Old 10-17-2010, 10:40 AM

delete it all....

Where do I check for sure to be certain to know what bitrate, core or lossless I get when playing back a video?
post #22 of 202 Old 10-17-2010, 11:42 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Where do I check for sure to be certain to know what bitrate, core or lossless I get when playing back a video?

If you are talking about decoded LPCM sounds, the bitrate is *constant* and calculated, for example, this way:

6 channel, 48kHz, 16 bit LPCM: 6 x 48000 Hz x 16 bit = 4608000 bit/s = 4.608 Mbps.

The channel count, sample rate and bit depth (of LPCM sounds from the audio decoder) are displayed precisely in ReClock Properties.
post #23 of 202 Old 10-17-2010, 12:09 PM

Hmm...
I might have misunderstood and was getting the trueHD. It's just the audio is only 16bit 48000hz then or should it be higher? I basically see for any audio ouput there in ReClock and thought it wasn't the lossless trueHD and was expecting some higher values or different text displayed like when you bitstream.
Besides I only have one trueHD track at all... I though have a few DTS-ES. For these I can see that it's only DTS I'm getting.

The Arcsoft Audio Decoder HD thing interests me for those to get the lossless. Does it cost money to get the required "components" or can I scavenge parts from a free trial version? Or will that only work for the trial time period?
I'm not that interested as to go splurge some money extra money on this right now.
post #24 of 202 Old 10-17-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:

I mind that. This is a critical point. Unless ReClock reports "6 channels", CyberLink Audio Decoder downmixes 6 channel sounds to stereo and your sound card/driver upmixes it to surround sounds (so you are losing a lot!). ReClock can't tell a lie. You shouldn't overlook this point.

I can get the 6 channel too it's just that I didn't change it in the cyberlink panel (it takes some time to do that because you can't open it on the fly, it won't show the content of the window) but I can get it in 6 or 8 channel too I promise
post #25 of 202 Old 10-17-2010, 12:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Hmm...
I might have misunderstood and was getting the trueHD. It's just the audio is only 16bit 48000hz then or should it be higher? I basically see for any audio ouput there in ReClock and thought it wasn't the lossless trueHD and was expecting some higher values or different text displayed like when you bitstream.
Besides I only have one trueHD track at all... I though have a few DTS-ES. For these I can see that it's only DTS I'm getting.

The Arcsoft Audio Decoder HD thing interests me for those to get the lossless. Does it cost money to get the required "components" or can I scavenge parts from a free trial version? Or will that only work for the trial time period?
I'm not that interested as to go splurge some money extra money on this right now.

Right-click the ffdshow Audio Decoder icon in the system tray and you will see the input/output audio formats, like this:

TrueHD is always 24 bit, and ffdshow pads it to 32 bit (unimportant).

Perhaps TMT3 trial is enough; even after the end of the trial period, you can continue to use components.
LL
post #26 of 202 Old 10-17-2010, 12:29 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I can get the 6 channel too it's just that I didn't change it in the cyberlink panel (it takes some time to do that because you can't open it on the fly, it won't show the content of the window) but I can get it in 6 or 8 channel too I promise

No. Your audio device/driver is getting only audio stream of the channel count, sample rate and bit-depth ReClock shows. The information in ReClock Properties is precise.
post #27 of 202 Old 10-17-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:

No. Your audio device/driver is getting only audio stream of the channel count, sample rate and bit-depth ReClock shows. The information in ReClock Properties is precise.

Did you read what i wrote? I said if I change the panel of the powerdvd codec to 6 channel it WILL output 6 channel, and reclock will report 6 channel. The fact that this particular screenshot does not show it doesn't mean I couldn't do it.
post #28 of 202 Old 10-17-2010, 12:57 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Did you read what i wrote? I said if I change the panel of the powerdvd codec to 6 channel it WILL output 6 channel, and reclock will report 6 channel. The fact that this particular screenshot does not show it doesn't mean I couldn't do it.

Well then, why not post a correct screenshot? It would save lots of useless talks.
post #29 of 202 Old 10-17-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:

Well then, why not post a correct screenshot? It would save lots of useless talks.

1) because i have the playback software on the other partition and i don't intend to switch to vista since i am gaming on xp
2) because changing the set up of the panel is tedious since if i open it the content is not displayed, I have to change the filter list to open pvd9 audio decoder, switch to 6 channel, then rechange the filters and pdvd10 audio decoder will import the settings from left from the other decoder. Then I have to take the screenshot and post it and then repeat the process to restore the 2 channel setting since I use it for stereo music
3) why would I lie about this? I don't have a motive, powerdvd10 audio decoder DOES connect to the mpc gabest splitter for m2ts and this is already estabilished, it does so in whichever speaker setting you want provided you instruct it correctly and it does decode dts and dts hd in the original bit depth and sample frequency (this has also been estabilished by screenshots)
post #30 of 202 Old 10-17-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:

Right-click the ffdshow Audio Decoder icon in the system tray and you will see the input/output audio formats, like this:

TrueHD is always 24 bit, and ffdshow pads it to 32 bit (unimportant).

Perhaps TMT3 trial is enough; even after the end of the trial period, you can continue to use components.

Yeah, it says exactly the same as you have in that image for me. Though I have it set to 4 channel surround instead.
Going by this trueHD is working then?

I'll be checking out the TMT3 trial later.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page