AMD Radeon HD 6900, 6800, 6600 etc. Series Thread: Supporting HDMI 1.4a and BR 3D! - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 255 Old 10-29-2011, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa View Post

What do you mean by "pc noise?" I had my 6850 hooked up to my UMC-1 by HDMI. I got audio, including HD Dolby and DTS, and it had no noise.

Who is the manufacturer of your 6850?

Did you use any "special" HDMI cabling?

Did you concurrently use either of the DVI connectors?

Did you have to disable or configure via BIOS anything in the MOBO onboard video.

Thanks.

I am extremely frustrated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 255 Old 10-29-2011, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrebleClef View Post

Who is the manufacturer of your 6850?

Did you use any "special" HDMI cabling?

Did you concurrently use either of the DVI connectors?

Did you have to disable or configure via BIOS anything in the MOBO onboard video.

Thanks.

I am extremely frustrated.

Sapphire
no, standard (cheap) HDMI cable
My pc monitor is hooked up by DVI, my TV by HDMI
My motherboard has no video connector
post #243 of 255 Old 10-29-2011, 11:36 AM

When you say your TV is "hooked up via HDMI" I assume you mean HTPC style through the HDMI in/out on your Emotiva UMC-1:

AMD 6850 card in PC to EmotivaUMC-1 to TV Monitor.

Correct?
post #244 of 255 Old 10-29-2011, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
AMD HDMI out->UMC-1->TV HDMI in
I'm no longer using the UMC-1. I replaced it with a Onkyo 5508.
post #245 of 255 Old 10-29-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa View Post

AMD HDMI out->UMC-1->TV HDMI in
I'm no longer using the UMC-1. I replaced it with a Onkyo 5508.

Well OK, but just to clarify, you are going from the PC card, through your processor, to the TV.

Thanks again for your help.
post #246 of 255 Old 10-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audunth View Post

I just got a Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector and a Radeon HD6850 video card. Trying to get HD3D to work, but playing a 3D Blu-ray in TMT5 only gives me an anaglyph picture. In Stereoscopic Player I get 2D. Both are supposed to work with AMD HD3D, so what's wrong?[...].

I hear the 11.9 drivers are the culprit. I did a new installation of TMT5 on Cat 11.8, and it worked (unlike PDVD, which currently has an issue with 3D with AMD cards). Edit: card is hd5450.
post #247 of 255 Old 11-01-2011, 06:31 AM

Thanks, I'll try installing the Catalyst 11.8 drivers and see what happens. I read in another forum that someone made it work with 10.10 drivers and setting output to YCbCr 4:2:2, but the 10.10 drivers won't install onto my system. Guess my Radeon HD6850 isn't supported in the 10.10 drivers.

Regards,
Audun
post #248 of 255 Old 11-01-2011, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have had issues with AMD cards reading display EDID's when placed behind a receiver. My nvidia card had detected HDMI 1.4 fine for 3D TV Play. For the AMD card I had to use a custom EDID from the EDID thread that matched the same specs I had. I used one for a 3D panasonic plasma with the extended edid of a Marantz receiver for multi channel audio and bitstreaming, installed it as the monitor driver, restarted, and now all of my issues are gone. As reference I use an Integra Receiver going to a VIP Theate then to my Acer H5360. It doesn't matter EDID wise if the equipment matches per name, just what it can do and as long as it reports to be 3D compliant. You can use the Mon Info program to see your realtime EDID to determine of the 3D frame packing bits are being recognized or not. Then proceed to load a proper driver. I hope this helps someone. Took me 2 weeks on and off to get it going how I wanted.
post #249 of 255 Old 11-01-2011, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

I just got a Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector and a Radeon HD6850 video card. Trying to get HD3D to work, but playing a 3D Blu-ray in TMT5 only gives me an anaglyph picture. In Stereoscopic Player I get 2D. Both are supposed to work with AMD HD3D, so what's wrong?

The Sony HW30 isn't on AMD's list of supported displays (yet). Is it so that HD3D only works with the listed supported displays? I thought as long as it supports 3D through HDMI 1.4 that was enough??? Do I really have to settle for side by side and over/under 3D formats until AMD may or may not support the Sony HW30 in a future driver?

I also have another question, I can't get the displayport with HDMI adapter to output sound to my Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver if the projector is connected. It's listed as DVI in CCC. The projector is connected directly from the HDMI output on the card because the receiver doesn't support HDMI 1.4. If I disconnect the projector, I get sound, and the receiver is now listed as HDMI in CCC. If I switch them, I get sound, but the projector is listed as DVI, so I assume no 3D. Can't the Radeon 6xxx cards output dual HDMI with sound, or in my case one HDMI with sound and one HDMI 1.4 to the projector?

EDIT: I have of course checked the settings in both TMT and Stereoscopic Player and set them to HD3D/AMD Stereo Driver.

Try 11.5b that's as far as I can go without breaking 3D in extended mode.
post #250 of 255 Old 11-01-2011, 09:54 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

I just got a Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector and a Radeon HD6850 video card. Trying to get HD3D to work, but playing a 3D Blu-ray in TMT5 only gives me an anaglyph picture. In Stereoscopic Player I get 2D. Both are supposed to work with AMD HD3D, so what's wrong?

The Sony HW30 isn't on AMD's list of supported displays (yet). Is it so that HD3D only works with the listed supported displays? I thought as long as it supports 3D through HDMI 1.4 that was enough??? Do I really have to settle for side by side and over/under 3D formats until AMD may or may not support the Sony HW30 in a future driver?

I also have another question, I can't get the displayport with HDMI adapter to output sound to my Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver if the projector is connected. It's listed as DVI in CCC. The projector is connected directly from the HDMI output on the card because the receiver doesn't support HDMI 1.4. If I disconnect the projector, I get sound, and the receiver is now listed as HDMI in CCC. If I switch them, I get sound, but the projector is listed as DVI, so I assume no 3D. Can't the Radeon 6xxx cards output dual HDMI with sound, or in my case one HDMI with sound and one HDMI 1.4 to the projector?

EDIT: I have of course checked the settings in both TMT and Stereoscopic Player and set them to HD3D/AMD Stereo Driver.

Check out these:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post21122837

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post21152294

Not sure you'll have much luck.
post #251 of 255 Old 11-02-2011, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Just tried 11.10's and it still breaks my 3D in extended mode. So back to 11.5b's for me. Although 11.6 does work there was something about leaks in that driver set so I avoid that version also.
post #252 of 255 Old 04-05-2013, 09:40 PM

I have a Radeon HD 6900 and Win 7. Running a unregistered copy of stereoscopic player with the 'viewing method' set to AMD HD3D (the test file I am playing is definitely 3d, because in 'side by side' mode I can see both images) . I have a LGPA70G projector with a pair of SainSonic glasses found here...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MYZE26/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now, I was able to switch to 120hz mode in the catalyst control panel (although it dropped my res to 1024x768). The problem is, when I load a test movie into stereoscopic player, hit the 3d button on my LG, I get the 'put on your 3d glasses', I turn on the glasses, but nothing happens. Every so often I can see what looks like a flicker in the glasses, but its hard to tell if the glasses are just not syncing, or if there is a problem with the display/video.

Am I missing any steps here? I did NOT install any special drivers/software besides the stereoscopic player (In my research i have heard a lot about 'tri def', do I need that?).

Thanks for any help!
post #253 of 255 Old 04-06-2013, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Did you try switching the L&R like in the Q&A.

Question:
How do I setup the Stereoscopic Player for 3D ready LCD or plasma TVs?

Answer:
All LCD and plasma 3DTVs support the squeezed side-by-side format. Select View|Viewing Method|Side-by-Side, Left Image First and View|Aspect Ratio|Half Width. Make sure the View|Center Views option is checked. After opening the video, switch to full screen mode.

Some 3DTVs support the interlaced (View|Viewing Method|Row Interlaced, Left Line Top) or the checkerboard pattern format (View|Viewing Method|3D Ready DLP-TV) as well. These formats are superior to the side-by-side format because the Windows desktop remains useable in 3D mode and the Stereoscopic Player can be used in windowed mode, not only fullscreen mode.
post #254 of 255 Old 04-06-2013, 02:37 PM

Hmm... Using the side by side viewing method I get two images, side by side. I have aspec ratio set to half width and center view is checked. Even when I go full screen, hit the 3d button on my remote (get the 'put on 3d glasses popup from my projector), I STILL only see two images side by side.

What am I missing here?

*just ran some more tests with some more test movie clips. The only way I can get the images to 'merge' is if I select the AMD HD3D viewing option (maybe some other work too, havent tested them all). Yet every test video still displays two images when I use side by side mode (even in full screen, even after toggling the 3d button my remote). I was hoping the L/R toggle would work for the AMD HD3D mode, but it does not frown.gif still just get random flickering with my glasses...

Im downloading some more test movies form the stereoscopic player site now, but I doubt the problem is the video content. I also moved my projector close to the wall so I get a very bright picture (only about 30"), still not working frown.gif
post #255 of 255 Old 04-10-2013, 08:45 PM

Tried the interlaced modes, still no dice. Is it possible my glasses are just broken? They were recommended in the PA70G thread so they seem to be compatible...

And I still dont understand why you recommended side by side mode. All that seems to do is put the two images side by side... Is there another freeware stereoscopic player i can try?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page