Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinwoodward View Post

are you talking to me, if so yes...
where would i look exactly?

thanks

I thought i was pretty clear but apparently not. Go to settings. Go to the playback tab. Check the box that says "Automatic refresh rate switching".
post #3063 of 3682 Old 02-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcSoft_Jason View Post

Bizarre.

Test # bazillion...

Run Media Center and just leave it sitting at the main strip running in a seperate window.

Now launch TMT using the MMC method again.

Does just the existence of MCE running in the background at the same time cause the tearing again?

(EDIT: Thinking further, this might actually detect MCE and start TMT within the MCE window. If that happens, it invalidates the test.)

TMT did start in a separate window from MCE and there was no tearing. So, it seems it is happening only when launched from within MCE.
post #3064 of 3682 Old 02-25-2012, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wish TMT 5 would implement user manually audio delay. like +-400ms
post #3065 of 3682 Old 02-25-2012, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

I thought i was pretty clear but apparently not. Go to settings. Go to the playback tab. Check the box that says "Automatic refresh rate switching".

thanks.
and no you were not clear as you didn't include my original message.
post #3066 of 3682 Old 02-25-2012, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

That's because I was posting directly after your post.
post #3067 of 3682 Old 02-25-2012, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

That's because I was posting directly after your post.

are you talking to me again?
post #3068 of 3682 Old 02-25-2012, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:

are you talking to me again?

It appears husmoaschta's cousin may have joined the thread...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3069 of 3682 Old 02-25-2012, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

ROFLMAO!
post #3070 of 3682 Old 02-25-2012, 03:12 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

It appears husmoaschta's cousin may have joined the thread...

Ouch .
post #3071 of 3682 Old 02-25-2012, 03:40 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
My setting is greyed out. Mine still changes refresh rates perfectly though. At first, I thought it might be reclock doing it for me; however, I don't see reclock in the system tray when it happens.

Also, this isn't really a big deal since TMT 5 plays 2D/3D bluray and hd-dvd silky smooth at 24P; but, Windows Aero glass effect never gets disabled when I select "Always disable Windows Aero during playback". If there was even the slightest glitch, my TV would definitely show an exaggerated stutter effect during frame rate interpolation 24P--> 72fps.

Quote:

Can your HTPC Media Center / DVR Do this??

SageTV:

+ OTA ATSC + DVB-S2 + Blu-ray/HD-DVD serving 5 clients.
post #3072 of 3682 Old 02-25-2012, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKANET View Post

My setting is greyed out. Mine still changes refresh rates perfectly though. At first, I thought it might be reclock doing it for me; however, I don't see reclock in the system tray when it happens.

Also, this isn't really a big deal since TMT 5 plays 2D/3D bluray and hd-dvd silky smooth at 24P; but, Windows Aero glass effect never gets disabled when I select "Always disable Windows Aero during playback". If there was even the slightest glitch, my TV would definitely show an exaggerated stutter effect during frame rate interpolation 24P--> 72fps.

It's grayed out because you have an nVidia cards. As Jason has explained, the nVidia 3D cards don't yet work with auto refresh rate changing. So, I don't know how it's changing the refresh rate for you, but, it shouldn't be working in TMT with an nVidia card.
post #3073 of 3682 Old 02-25-2012, 05:37 PM
AVS Club Gold

Interesting. It must be Reclock then. Now that I think about it, I remember selecting an option while installing Reclock if I wanted TMT 5 support. I just presumed it was TMT 5 itself that was doing it since I never a reclock icon when TMT was playing. Normally, for all other media playback on my system, reclock shows it's icon; especially when changing refresh rates when it needs to.

SageTV:

post #3074 of 3682 Old 02-25-2012, 07:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Got last weekends Staples version of this http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series/aspireone722and of course put a virtual drive/AnyDvdHD/TMT5/ folders and isos and was a little surprised it held its own. This version has a 6290. Has the usual 23hz glitches but very smooth at 60hz. HD audio. Couldn't find scaling but WMC opened up to scale on 42" Vizio as secondary display. Of course this is for school.

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
post #3075 of 3682 Old 02-25-2012, 07:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

That's a nice netbook. I just watched the demo on youtube. With the lid closed, it could be a nice media extender extender with a full blown PC built right in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinleeds View Post

Got last weekends Staples version of this http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series/aspireone722and of course put a virtual drive/AnyDvdHD/TMT5/ folders and isos and was a little surprised it held its own. This version has a 6290. Has the usual 23hz glitches but very smooth at 60hz. HD audio. Couldn't find scaling but WMC opened up to scale on 42" Vizio as secondary display. Of course this is for school.

SageTV:

post #3076 of 3682 Old 02-25-2012, 07:45 PM
AVS Club Gold

I'm impressed for an almost back pocket htpc. Office installed but needs a key, which I have, but has Office Starter so basic functions. W7 Premium, hdmi, HD audio.

The McAfee virus/firewall cause 50% cpu load no matter what you did... gone. Many extraneous little programs uninstalled. Very pleased I can use this as a mobile htpc.

post #3077 of 3682 Old 02-25-2012, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It's grayed out because you have an nVidia cards. As Jason has explained, the nVidia 3D cards don't yet work with auto refresh rate changing. So, I don't know how it's changing the refresh rate for you, but, it shouldn't be working in TMT with an nVidia card.

Remember, works for me too - it is greyed out (but checked), and switches resolutions

post #3078 of 3682 Old 02-25-2012, 09:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Remember, works for me too - it is greyed out (but checked), and switches resolutions

I haven't had a chance to check my nVidia machine. Haven't been watching movies in that room in a while. I can look and see if it works for me, too. I have an nVidia 450.
post #3079 of 3682 Old 02-25-2012, 10:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I haven't had a chance to check my nVidia machine. Haven't been watching movies in that room in a while. I can look and see if it works for me, too. I have an nVidia 450.

What doesn't work is the 23 hz tweak - even though I've made the text entries in both files, it still plays as 24 hz so I see the duplicated frame every several minutes

post #3080 of 3682 Old 02-26-2012, 12:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Thanks for the heads up. I finally realized that Reclock wasn't working. I had to install it after I installed TMT 5. In my case, I'm actually aiming for 24.000fps.... done right; which I just succeeded to do..

Reclock not only restored the original theaterical framerate, it also restored the original audio pitch/speed as well. Now, I'm getting 24.00fps/24.000hz video without dropped frames or duplicated frames. Technically, I'm getting 72.000fps/240.000hz of unique undropped frames with my TV's frame-rate interpolation. 72.000 unique-FPS is right at the threshold before introducing soap-opera effect. Interestingly, Reclock is able to handle 3D blu-ray as well.

Quote:

What doesn't work is the 23 hz tweak - even though I've made the text entries in both files, it still plays as 24 hz so I see the duplicated frame every several minutes

SageTV:

post #3081 of 3682 Old 02-26-2012, 04:42 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

When I check HZ while TMT is playing, it stays at 23hz but still get occasional stutter with 450gts. Same with AMD. Clarkdale stays at 23 too but after about 50 minutes of very steady playback it freaks out for about 5/10 seconds and will play well for another 50 minutes. I don't have issue watching at 60hz, so if I want to really enjoy the film, I use 60hz.

post #3082 of 3682 Old 02-26-2012, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinleeds View Post

When I check HZ while TMT is playing, it stays at 23hz but still get occasional stutter with 450gts. Same with AMD. Clarkdale stays at 23 too but after about 50 minutes of very steady playback it freaks out for about 5/10 seconds and will play well for another 50 minutes. I don't have issue watching at 60hz, so if I want to really enjoy the film, I use 60hz.

Hmm, a bit different for me (with the 23 tweak in place):

Via the nvidia gt430: leaving the default desktop rate at 60hz, I'm getting 24hz reported on my lumagen mini 3d as the refresh rate when playing blu ray films. TMT correctly stays on 60 for video based content. 24hz playback is fine except for the duplicated frame blip every several minutes.

Via the amd 5xxx or 6xxx cards: leaving the default desktop rate at 60' I'm getting 23.978 reported on the mini 3d, but get progressively increased stuttering and video freezing (audio continues to play fine), to the point where the video just freezes completely until I pause and play, and the cycle starts all over again. Horrible. TMT correctly plays 60 hz content with no glitches

I sense more panning judder when playing film content at 60hz, so I'd love to see this finally worked out. What I can't understand is how arcsoft thinks it doesn't work with nvidia, yet there is more then one person for whom the auto rate change IS working, albeit not the 23hz tweak...

post #3083 of 3682 Old 02-26-2012, 05:42 AM

Quote:

my video playing 3D movies using my Nvidia 550Ti is perfect, no stutter etc etc. HDMI connect from the HTPC to Onkyo Tx-NR709, and from there to the Epson 5010. The only issues i have is audio is out of sync about 50ms.
post #3084 of 3682 Old 02-26-2012, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's good to know cause I always tweak the driver to use 23. You're saying you tried to tweak TMT to use 23 and it's still using 24. What happens if you create a custom 24 profile in the driver and set it to 23.976?
post #3085 of 3682 Old 02-26-2012, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlievoviii View Post

my video playing 3D movies using my Nvidia 550Ti is perfect, no stutter etc etc. HDMI connect from the HTPC to Onkyo Tx-NR709, and from there to the Epson 5010. The only issues i have is audio is out of sync about 50ms.

Yea, it seems that for a lot of nVidia users it's working which is strange. I haven't had a chance to test it with the latest build on my 450 yet. I need to update the driver and set up my custom res profiles again then I can try it. Curious to see what happens. I haven't tried PDVD12 on there, either, so, I'll at least be able to compare.
post #3086 of 3682 Old 02-26-2012, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's good to know cause I always tweak the driver to use 23. You're saying you tried to tweak TMT to use 23 and it's still using 24. What happens if you create a custom 24 profile in the driver and set it to 23.976?

Not sure how to do what you're suggesting, but would be willing to try...are you saying the custom 24hz profile would be the default selected by Tmt, as I don't see how you can "tell" Tmt what to use, other than the 23hz tweak which it seems to ignore with the nvidia drivers...

post #3087 of 3682 Old 02-26-2012, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Not sure how to do what you're suggesting, but would be willing to try...are you saying the custom 24hz profile would be the default selected by Tmt, as I don't see how you can "tell" Tmt what to use, other than the 23hz tweak which it seems to ignore with the nvidia drivers...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post20802136

See that post by renethx. You create the custom resolution in the nVidia control panel. I'm wondering if you set it to 24 instead of 23 if it'd use that when TMT calls for 24. Again, not tried it, but, that was the first thing that came to mind.
post #3088 of 3682 Old 02-27-2012, 05:43 AM

Quote:

Yea, it seems that for a lot of nVidia users it's working which is strange. I haven't had a chance to test it with the latest build on my 450 yet. I need to update the driver and set up my custom res profiles again then I can try it. Curious to see what happens. I haven't tried PDVD12 on there, either, so, I'll at least be able to compare.

let us know how it goes.
post #3089 of 3682 Old 02-27-2012, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Very poorly I'm afraid. The checkbox for auto refresh is grayed out and checked. When I go to watch a movie, however, it doesn't switch to 24. It stays at 60 and stutters like crazy. Completely unwatchable. I'll try reinstalling tmt later and see if it helps.
post #3090 of 3682 Old 02-27-2012, 12:19 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

You aren't on 3D that I recall so you may not be familiar with the switching that happens on 3D automatically even prior to the addition of the generic function.

There are also a rash of 2D discs lately that list 3D support in their disc metadata (error? intentional workaround? I have no clue...) that seem to be triggering the 3D switching even in the absense of our generic non-3D switching solution. So I've seen it in specific cases, but not broadly across every BD out there.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page