TotalMedia Theatre 5 - Page 105 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3121 of 3674 Old 03-03-2012, 01:29 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'd think their forum would have all that info.

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3122 of 3674 Old 03-03-2012, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz View Post

Does anyone uses TMT5 as an external player for within Media Browser?

I like to switch from the Windows Media Player to TMT5 but have no clue how to set this up.

Also, if you use TMT5 as an external player for all media formats, when you play a movie it switches over to TMT5, so when you stop a movie, does it bring you back to Media Browser?

No, but the "close" button on my remote does the trick. You can probably work out something similar.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #3123 of 3674 Old 03-04-2012, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 63
thanks LastButNotLeast

which remote do you use?
post #3124 of 3674 Old 03-04-2012, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

I have a Harmony 880, so it could be anything.
The remote and IR receiver I bought (Amazon, $7.13) are in the Logitech database as Chinavasion CVSB-983.

Michael

post #3125 of 3674 Old 03-04-2012, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

thanks. i have a Harmony One and use an IR that came with the WMC remote.

i set it up as a 'Windows Media Center SE' device.
post #3126 of 3674 Old 03-04-2012, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

This is from Assassin's thread. Might be of interest to you:
If you configure the Harmony as both "Windows Media Center SE" and "MCE
Keyboard", you can have the features of both devices available at the same
time.

post #3127 of 3674 Old 03-04-2012, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

thanks. just added MCE Keyboard as a second device.
post #3128 of 3674 Old 03-04-2012, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member

i just set up TMT5 as my external player in Media Browser and everything i tried to play i got the "CONTENT ERROR: There was a problem playing the content. Check location exists"
post #3129 of 3674 Old 03-04-2012, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:

thanks. just added MCE Keyboard as a second device.

I have a Harmony One as well, but I couldn't see a way to add a keyboard. I have my media PC plus Media Center PC SE as devices. How did you do this?
post #3130 of 3674 Old 03-04-2012, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

I have a Harmony One as well, but I couldn't see a way to add a keyboard. I have my media PC plus Media Center PC SE as devices. How did you do this?

You add it as another device.

Computer > Media Center PC > Microsoft > MCE Keyboard
post #3131 of 3674 Old 03-04-2012, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:

You add it as another device.

Computer > Media Center PC > Microsoft > MCE Keyboard

Oh, OK. I think I tried Computer > Microsoft > MCE Keyboard. I'll check it out tomorrow. Thanks.
post #3132 of 3674 Old 03-04-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:

i just set up TMT5 as my external player in Media Browser and everything i tried to play i got the "CONTENT ERROR: There was a problem playing the content. Check location exists"

Sometimes you have to wait for the iso to load and/or get processed by AnyDVD. Try turning autorun off. When pressing 'play' in MB, WMC should give you the option of using ArcSoft TMT5. Wait a little before pressing TMT5.
post #3133 of 3674 Old 03-05-2012, 04:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks. But i wasn't playing iso files. They are MKVs.
post #3134 of 3674 Old 03-05-2012, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I did some more testing of 3D ISOs in TMT5 this weekend. Most of the time when playing the ISO it would begin in 3D and then revert to 2D (usually within 2 minutes -- mostly didn't even get through the promos). Trying to toggle 2D to 3D didn't work. However, simply stopping the movie, and then restarting it again would get 3D stable and working correctly. These are full clone ISOs mounted with VCD. I don't experience this kind of issue with the actual discs.

Hope this info can help. Stop, then restart worked every time.
post #3135 of 3674 Old 03-05-2012, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone know why tmt5 won't keep the hdmi audio settings I set? I have to change it from "Mix to PCM uncompressed audio" to "Original primary audio only" everytime I start the program in order to get the bitstream to my avr so it can decode the hd audio. I don't see why I should have to change that setting every time the program starts?
post #3136 of 3674 Old 03-06-2012, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post

Anyone know why tmt5 won't keep the hdmi audio settings I set? I have to change it from "Mix to PCM uncompressed audio" to "Original primary audio only" everytime I start the program in order to get the bitstream to my avr so it can decode the hd audio. I don't see why I should have to change that setting every time the program starts?

You aren't by chance running to more then one display are you? I know on mine when I watch something directly on my TV it swithces to PCM and then when I use the projector I have to change it back again. Yet another reason that I still use TMT3, it doesn't seem to have this problem.
post #3137 of 3674 Old 03-06-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Mudder View Post

You aren't by chance running to more then one display are you? I know on mine when I watch something directly on my TV it swithces to PCM and then when I use the projector I have to change it back again. Yet another reason that I still use TMT3, it doesn't seem to have this problem.

lol, yeah, I have three monitors hooked up to my pc that I am using as the HTPC. What I did is run a hdmi cable from my primary video card's hdmi output through the wall into the livingroom where my home theater is set up and I duplicate my main display on the lg tv (the fourth monitor on this system) in the livingroom so I can controll everything in there as if I were sitting at my desk...not ideal but it works for the time being aside from these issues I'm posting about anyway. I figured that since my video card only has a single true hdmi output (the other two options are a dvi output,used, and a displayport output, unused, neither of which can do hdmi audio) I wouldn't have so much trouble. I guess I'll give tmt3 a try.

thanks!
post #3138 of 3674 Old 03-06-2012, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Anyone have experience with the new Radeon 7000 series?

I purchased the Sapphire 7770, and it worked for a day or two, and then suddenly no bitstreaming or even PCM audio from TMT 5 - silence. Checked all settings, toggled back and forth, uninstalled and reinstalled Catalyst 12.2 and TMT, reseated the card, changed HDMI cables - nothing

System sounds play fine, it shows as an HDMI audio device with 7.1 support in the Sound control panel, test tones play fine, and Dolby Digital and DTS surround tracks do play from TMT. But neither DTS-MA HD or Dolby True HD bit streamed or vis PCM.

Shutdown and reinstalled my 6xxx series card, and it all works. Went back to the 7xxx series, same condition.

Assuming the card may have done bad, so I ordered a replacement from Amazon, but wondering if there are driver or TMT compatibility issues with the new card?

I actually through I found some nirvana with it, as it really was playing glitch free at 23hz, something I could not achieve with the 6xxx series consistently.
post #3139 of 3674 Old 03-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

I purchased the Sapphire 7770, and it worked for a day or two, and then suddenly no bitstreaming or even PCM audio from TMT 5 - silence. Checked all settings, toggled back and forth, uninstalled and reinstalled Catalyst 12.2 and TMT, reseated the card, changed HDMI cables - nothing

System sounds play fine, it shows as an HDMI audio device with 7.1 support in the Sound control panel, test tones play fine, and Dolby Digital and DTS surround tracks do play from TMT. But neither DTS-MA HD or Dolby True HD bit streamed or vis PCM.

Shutdown and reinstalled my 6xxx series card, and it all works. Went back to the 7xxx series, same condition.

Assuming the card may have done bad, so I ordered a replacement from Amazon, but wondering if there are driver or TMT compatibility issues with the new card?

I actually through I found some nirvana with it, as it really was playing glitch free at 23hz, something I could not achieve with the 6xxx series consistently.

I recently picked up a Radeon 7950 myself and while I'm not using HDMI-out for audio, I am experiencing a couple of other issues which I'd be inclined to blame on the fact that the 7000 drivers are still in a fairly primitive shape and are yet to be WHQL certified. In addition to the mangled playback of anamorphic DVDs I mentioned a few pages back, I've also been noticing occasional pops and clicks in audio that weren't there before. Interestingly, the latter was also an issue in the early days of my previous card, a Radeon 5850, and it turned out to be a problem with the card's PowerPlay feature, which adjust the clock speed and voltage of the card on the fly depending on what the card is being used for (i.e. 2D, 3D or video playback). It was cleared up after a couple of driver revisions and I wouldn't be surprised to find the same thing was true with the 7xxx series. It's infuriating, but it does feel like we're beta testing these cards for AMD. They clearly wanted to get these cards out the door to get the drop on Nvidia, but in many respects the drivers seemingly aren't mature enough yet.
post #3140 of 3674 Old 03-06-2012, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:

lol, yeah, I have three monitors hooked up to my pc that I am using as the HTPC. What I did is run a hdmi cable from my primary video card's hdmi output through the wall into the livingroom where my home theater is set up and I duplicate my main display on the lg tv (the fourth monitor on this system) in the livingroom so I can controll everything in there as if I were sitting at my desk...not ideal but it works for the time being aside from these issues I'm posting about anyway. I figured that since my video card only has a single true hdmi output (the other two options are a dvi output,used, and a displayport output, unused, neither of which can do hdmi audio) I wouldn't have so much trouble. I guess I'll give tmt3 a try.

thanks!

TMT3 might not be the cure all, because it does do this once and a great while, but it is very seldom. Where TMT5 did it every time when I tried it.

I am guessing that it has to do with seeing a monitor that is not technically HD audio compliant. Wish you could turn all that auto detect junk off, just causes too many problems. I wonder if their is a keyboard command that will go right to "Primary Audio" ? If there is you could map it right to a remote and atlest get it to change with one button push.
post #3141 of 3674 Old 03-06-2012, 02:32 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

thanks!

Have you tried audio out the dvi with hdmi adapter? Also the DP with hdmi adapter. I have HD audio out with either. Not simultaneous but when I switched in playback devices. The DP can be picky.

post #3142 of 3674 Old 03-06-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinleeds View Post

Have you tried audio out the dvi with hdmi adapter? Also the DP with hdmi adapter. I have HD audio out with either. Not simultaneous but when I switched in playback devices. The DP can be picky.

I've always heard that dvi doesn't support audio output at all, much less protected path hd audio?
post #3143 of 3674 Old 03-06-2012, 04:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

With correct adapter, it's just like hdmi. Intel and Nvidia can use a Walmart adapter, but AMD uses its specific adapter. That's my confirmed experience.

post #3144 of 3674 Old 03-06-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:

With correct adapter, it's just like hdmi. Intel and Nvidia can use a Walmart adapter, but AMD uses its specific adapter. That's my confirmed experience.

are you sure? how can sound go out over DVI?
it's video only...
post #3145 of 3674 Old 03-06-2012, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinwoodward View Post

it's video only...

There were certain ATI Radeon cards that had DVI + audio.
post #3146 of 3674 Old 03-06-2012, 06:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

Mine should arrive tomorrow. I had that exact issue with 5750 and 6450. Lost bitstreaming with 5750 on all players, installed 6450 it returned, then lost it again - driver update started it but wouldn't get fixed with revert or update. Reinstalled 5750, got it back. We need htpc specific drivers imo.

post #3147 of 3674 Old 03-06-2012, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

I tried playing an MKV file and get 'Unsupported File Type'.

Really, TMT5 doesn't play MKV files?
post #3148 of 3674 Old 03-07-2012, 04:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinwoodward View Post

it's video only...

Absolutely. I can't promise it does with any card but works with every card and MB I've tried. Look around. It's been posted many times. Sometimes audio will switch to the active display, sometimes you have to select in playback devices. It's one of those your experience may vary.

post #3149 of 3674 Old 03-07-2012, 04:30 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I tried playing an MKV file and get 'Unsupported File Type'.

Really, TMT5 doesn't play MKV files?

I have a few without HD audio. MKV is selected in file association. They play.

post #3150 of 3674 Old 03-07-2012, 04:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:

Absolutely. I can't promise it does with any card but works with every card and MB I've tried. Look around. It's been posted many times. Sometimes audio will switch to the active display, sometimes you have to select in playback devices. It's one of those your experience may vary.

There's a missing link somewhere. DVI is video only.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page