TotalMedia Theatre 5 - Page 123 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3661 of 3687 Old 02-20-2014, 10:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I'm using a GT430 with TMT 5, and unless I check play all 3d in 3d, it stays at 59.9xx, using the MCE Plug in that is, but if I check the 3d, it will play every BD at 23.9XXX, no matter if it's 3d or 2d, so keep it set to for 59.9XX, and make changes only when watching 3d, as I will get random frame jumps when play 2d BD at 23.9XX, not to bad, but 59.9XX is much smoother.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3662 of 3687 Old 02-20-2014, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post

I'm using a GT430 with TMT 5, and unless I check play all 3d in 3d, it stays at 59.9xx, using the MCE Plug in that is, but if I check the 3d, it will play every BD at 23.9XXX, no matter if it's 3d or 2d, so keep it set to for 59.9XX, and make changes only when watching 3d, as I will get random frame jumps when play 2d BD at 23.9XX, not to bad, but 59.9XX is much smoother.

That's enlighening to me, thanks. Now only if you know why with Hardware Acceleration checked, I get no video from MVC (BR3D) sources; only the 3d menus and non-3d videos work. Works fine without HA, but then why did I pay big bucks at the time to have MVC HA'd/decoded?
post #3663 of 3687 Old 02-20-2014, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roussi View Post

That's enlighening to me, thanks. Now only if you know why with Hardware Acceleration checked, I get no video from MVC (BR3D) sources; only the 3d menus and non-3d videos work. Works fine without HA, but then why did I pay big bucks at the time to have MVC HA'd/decoded?

Make sure you set up the 3d vision in the nVidia control panel.

post #3664 of 3687 Old 03-21-2014, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Can anyone help me out here. I have just installed an AMD Radeon R7 260X GPU in my PC. Now when I try playing 3D movies through TMT 5 the colour is all wrong.

photo1.JPG 35k .JPG file photo2.JPG 35k .JPG file

The first Pic show's just before I press play, as soon as I press play the colours change.

Any ideas?
post #3665 of 3687 Old 03-21-2014, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You could try this, open the catalyst control centre , under video> colour. basic colour, select use video player settings and then hit apply. Hope it helps

Also check if you have anaglyph selected in tmt 5, if it is you should try left/right, your picture does look like the anaglyph setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicj1 View Post

Can anyone help me out here. I have just installed an AMD Radeon R7 260X GPU in my PC. Now when I try playing 3D movies through TMT 5 the colour is all wrong.

The first Pic show's just before I press play, as soon as I press play the colours change.

Any ideas?
post #3666 of 3687 Old 03-21-2014, 10:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingbeyonds View Post

You could try this, open the catalyst control centre , under video> colour. basic colour, select use video player settings and then hit apply. Hope it helps

Also check if you have anaglyph selected in tmt 5, if it is you should try left/right, your picture does look like the anaglyph setting.

Thanks king. Unfortunately this has not worked. It is fine with 2D, but as soon as I run 3D the picture looks purple and green.
post #3667 of 3687 Old 03-22-2014, 02:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks king. Unfortunately this has not worked. It is fine with 2D, but as soon as I run 3D the picture looks purple and green.

Tried TMT6, same problem. Tried Power DVD and everything is OK. Looks like I may have to switch over to the dark side.
post #3668 of 3687 Old 03-22-2014, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I can't seem to get dts-hd working with my new R7 260X. Anyone else having problems with this card and TMT 5?

Looks like TMT 6 was/is having the same issue. A updated ASSoundDetect.dll appears to be the solution. As I don't want to upgrade to TMT 6 I will try and download a trial version and see if I can use that .dll

Yep worked perfectly. This should work then for anyone else upgrading to a new video card.
post #3669 of 3687 Old 04-08-2014, 06:08 PM

Liked: 11
Are there any launch options for the MCE to start in 2D or 3D? like "uMCEPlayer5.exe" -2D or -3D ?
post #3670 of 3687 Old 04-08-2014, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Any ideas?

I had this exact same problem (Radeon HD7750) and was able to fix by going into 3d pull down menu and selecting "3D Ready DLP HDTVs"

It was previously set to "AMD HD3D Technology"

Hope this helps.
post #3671 of 3687 Old 04-09-2014, 05:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligx View Post

Are there any launch options for the MCE to start in 2D or 3D? like "uMCEPlayer5.exe" -2D or -3D ?

they are in the settings of TMT MCE player. if I select to play all 3d in 3d, it end's up playing all blu rays as if they are 3d, or at 24fps which is part of the BD 3D standard, that's not really the issue, the issue is that you need 3d to play at 24FPS to pass proper 3d through to your TV so that everything works automatically, but in many cased 24FPS, doesn't play as smooth for non 3d blue rays, 60FPS, is preferred in my setup, just makes it all easier. so I keep that play all 3d in 3d unchecked, and since we don't watch 3d as often, I'll check the box as needed, your mileage may vary,

there are plenty of discussion on the 24FPS, etc. and maybe there are better fixes now, but 60FPS looks fine to me, and it was frankly a pain getting it all setup just right a few years ago

post #3672 of 3687 Old 04-09-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:

they are in the settings of TMT MCE player. if I select to play all 3d in 3d, it end's up playing all blu rays as if they are 3d, or at 24fps which is part of the BD 3D standard, that's not really the issue, the issue is that you need 3d to play at 24FPS to pass proper 3d through to your TV so that everything works automatically, but in many cased 24FPS, doesn't play as smooth for non 3d blue rays, 60FPS, is preferred in my setup, just makes it all easier. so I keep that play all 3d in 3d unchecked, and since we don't watch 3d as often, I'll check the box as needed, your mileage may vary,

there are plenty of discussion on the 24FPS, etc. and maybe there are better fixes now, but 60FPS looks fine to me, and it was frankly a pain getting it all setup just right a few years ago

Well what I meant was sometimes I like playing 3D movies in 2D but once you launch MCE there is no way to turn off 3D without exiting again so I needed a way to launch it as 2D or 3D before MCE loaded. I did manage to figure out a way to do it. I used an autoit executable that replaces the INI file with the settings that tell it to launch in 2D mode or 3D mode. So every time I play a movie it will replace the file with 2D or 3D settings file.
post #3673 of 3687 Old 04-09-2014, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligx View Post

Well what I meant was sometimes I like playing 3D movies in 2D but once you launch MCE there is no way to turn off 3D without exiting again so I needed a way to launch it as 2D or 3D before MCE loaded. I did manage to figure out a way to do it. I used an autoit executable that replaces the INI file with the settings that tell it to launch in 2D mode or 3D mode. So every time I play a movie it will replace the file with 2D or 3D settings file.

you can't turn off 3d playback on your TV from your remote?

post #3674 of 3687 Old 04-09-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:

you can't turn off 3d playback on your TV from your remote?

I think I had issues in the past simply turning off 3D like that, either way I have it setup the way I like and it works.
post #3675 of 3687 Old 09-14-2014, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member

Any one having some funky issues with the taskbar flashing on the screen using both the integrated MCE player and the stand alone player? Task bar will flash randomly on the screen, just noticed it a couple nights ago, driving me nuts. only changes on my system are windows updates. Guess I should mention I'm on windows 7.

Last edited by dbailey75; 09-14-2014 at 07:01 AM.
post #3676 of 3687 Old 09-14-2014, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post
Any one having some funky issues with the taskbar flashing on the screen using both the integrated MCE player and the stand alone player? Task bar will flash randomly on the screen, just noticed it a couple nights ago, driving me nuts. only changes on my system are windows updates. Guess I should mention I'm on windows 7.

I can reproduce this on 3 difference PC's. There's no way that I'm the only person having this issue. Its like TMT is briefly not the active window,

Last edited by dbailey75; 09-16-2014 at 10:22 AM.
post #3677 of 3687 Old 09-15-2014, 05:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Never had a similar problem. I have been using TMT since version 3.
Why would it be a TMT problem when it also occurs with the integrated player?
Are you using Auto Hide? Is your Taskbar Locked?
post #3678 of 3687 Old 09-15-2014, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John P View Post
Never had a similar problem. I have been using TMT since version 3.
Why would it be a TMT problem when it also occurs with the integrated player?
Are you using Auto Hide? Is your Taskbar Locked?

TMT has two players, the standard player and the MCE player (for lack of better term), I'm thinking it's one of the latest MS patches/updates that's not playing nice, but I can select TMT 5 with in MCE, and it lauches TMT MCE version and the page where you select your drive to play the video, or go into the settings, etc, it happens there and while the movie is playing, it's like windows is fighting the active window, The task bar as well as any windows not minimized briefly, flash, appear on the screen. Same behavior with the standard player.

I should have time on Thursday to roll back my system a couple of weeks to see if I can figure out which patch is causing the issue.

My task bar was visible and locked on both HTPC's, as these are dedicated HTPC's, used only with MCE and TMT,which are always in full screen (no other codecs or players have been installed), so I did play around with the task bar, unlocked, set to auto hide, but the problem is still there. And for giggles I installed TMT 5 on my office, same issues on 3 PC's.

Poster here seems to be having the same issue.

Here's a video of what I'm talking about,

Last edited by dbailey75; 09-15-2014 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Add Video example
post #3679 of 3687 Old 09-15-2014, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hello everyone,

My Haswell i3 NUC cannot stream HD audio (DTS-HD MA & Dolby TrueHD) to my AVR thru HDMI cable when I play bluray movies with TMT 5. I installed the latest display driver of NUC. But it's OK, if I play with the trial TMT 6. Anything's wrong with TMT 5?
Please help.

Thanks.
post #3680 of 3687 Old 09-16-2014, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
it happens there and while the movie is playing, it's like windows is fighting the active window, The task bar as well as any windows not minimized briefly, flash, appear on the screen. Same behavior with the standard player.

I should have time on Thursday to roll back my system a couple of weeks to see if I can figure out which patch is causing the issue.
dbailey, you are not alone. I am having the same problem on two different HTPCs using the MCE integrated TMT5 (last version before Cinevia) and the standalone TMT5 player on my desktop PC. The desktop machine and one of the HTPCs uses ATI graphics, and the other HTPC uses Intel. I am also assuming that it is related to a Windows update within the last week since I definitely didn't touch TMT or any of my PC drivers. If you have time to experiment with the updates, PLEASE post back here with your results!

Thanks.
post #3681 of 3687 Old 09-16-2014, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsecrist View Post
dbailey, you are not alone. I am having the same problem on two different HTPCs using the MCE integrated TMT5 (last version before Cinevia) and the standalone TMT5 player on my desktop PC. The desktop machine and one of the HTPCs uses ATI graphics, and the other HTPC uses Intel. I am also assuming that it is related to a Windows update within the last week since I definitely didn't touch TMT or any of my PC drivers. If you have time to experiment with the updates, PLEASE post back here with your results!

Thanks.
Would you mind posting on the arcsoft forum as well? the Mod there use to review this thread but ever since TMT 6 was released i'm don't belivee TMT 5 is still getting the love.

post #3682 of 3687 Old 09-16-2014, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'm going to throw my suspicions in the ring as well that a MS update last week (probably in the 9/9/2014 batch) is causing something to be haywire. I ran all updates (always do it manually on my HTPCs -- Win XP MCE taught me that) on my primary Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit system last Thursday, launched TMT5 about 10 minutes later, and ever since I've been getting Microsoft Security Essentials flags about rootkit (Alureon) malware whenever I launch either TMT5, TMT6, or a MS service (Windows Update, Security Center, etc.). I haven't used that machine for anything other than Media Center recordings or TMT movies on the NAS in over a month (haven't even used a browser). So I'm not sure how a rootkit could have gotten in ... Kaspersky and Malwarebytes can't find anything and I'm beginning to suspect false positives with MSE.

I need to obviously do some more work on that system, but my next course of action was to roll the system back to see whether that might change things.
post #3683 of 3687 Old Yesterday, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Would you mind posting on the arcsoft forum as well?
I posted over there yesterday in reply to your thread, but my post has been waiting to be approved by the moderator for over 24 hours now. Any luck with uninstalling Microsoft patches???
post #3684 of 3687 Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
TMT has two players, the standard player and the MCE player (for lack of better term), I'm thinking it's one of the latest MS patches/updates that's not playing nice, but I can select TMT 5 with in MCE, and it lauches TMT MCE version and the page where you select your drive to play the video, or go into the settings, etc, it happens there and while the movie is playing, it's like windows is fighting the active window, The task bar as well as any windows not minimized briefly, flash, appear on the screen. Same behavior with the standard player.

My task bar was visible and locked on both HTPC's, as these are dedicated HTPC's, used only with MCE and TMT,which are always in full screen (no other codecs or players have been installed), so I did play around with the task bar, unlocked, set to auto hide, but the problem is still there. And for giggles I installed TMT 5 on my office, same issues on 3 PC's.

Poster here seems to be having the same issue.

Here's a video of what I'm talking about,

I watched the video, that is strange. Some ideas for you:

I setup my PC's so that all system icons are always on, Control Panel, All Control Panel Items, Notification Area Icons and check "Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar" you may have something activating an icon causing the toolbar to pop up.
I also use Sysinternals Autoruns to disable any system icons that I do not need to have running. That includes disabling "TotalMedia Server.lnk"
post #3685 of 3687 Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John P View Post
I watched the video, that is strange. Some ideas for you:

I setup my PC's so that all system icons are always on, Control Panel, All Control Panel Items, Notification Area Icons and check "Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar" you may have something activating an icon causing the toolbar to pop up.
I also use Sysinternals Autoruns to disable any system icons that I do not need to have running. That includes disabling "TotalMedia Server.lnk"
Hey John, I'll have a look at those options tomorrow, finally have some time to look into the problem. I'll report back.

post #3686 of 3687 Old Today, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I'm having the exact same issue. Taskbar is flashing every few seconds when TMT5 is full screen or watching a movie via Windows Media Center. My HTPC has been very stable for some time, and I've not added any new programs or made any changes to TMT, Windows Media Center, or anything else. This just started a couple of day ago (the first time I've used TMT or tried watching a movie in a couple of weeks).

I (like others) suspect a Windows 7 update, but I'm monitoring the TMT forums, where this issue was also raised.
post #3687 of 3687 Old Today, 01:01 PM

We aren't likely to get much help from Arcsoft on this one... Not only is it TMT5, but they appear to have dropped Total Media Theater completely, including the latest TMT6! I started a new thread on the Arcsoft forum about it. The product has completely disappeared from their website. http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_p...ID=54364#54364

Has anyone tried TMT3 or TMT6? Or the latest version of TMT5? I haven't since I don't want to mess with Cinevia.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page