post #3721 of 3725 Old 01-22-2015, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post
I didn't know that TMT was dead. I'm using a version before Cinavia was added but it always prompts for an upgrade/update.
If the update enables Cinavia support you're essentially in the same place either way if you playback physical BD discs...

In case #1 you don't upgrade but then the AACS keys expire meaning you need to use AnyDVD to play discs.
In case #2 you do upgrade and have Cinavia and want to get around it for file playback, so your solution is again...AnyDVD lol.

If you don't play back physical discs I guess it doesn't matter staying on an old version though. You should be able to turn off check for updates too, right? Meaning you should get along fine just continuing to use it as is, provided you don't need to play actual discs. If it ain't broke might as well keep on truckin'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3722 of 3725 Old 01-23-2015, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_Revenge View Post
If the update enables Cinavia support you're essentially in the same place either way if you playback physical BD discs...

If you don't play back physical discs I guess it doesn't matter staying on an old version though. You should be able to turn off check for updates too, right? Meaning you should get along fine just continuing to use it as is, provided you don't need to play actual discs. If it ain't broke might as well keep on truckin'.

Agreed.

Word on the street windows 10 will support MKV/FLAC, assuming this works in tandem with MCE (if MCE survives another release) might just be the way forward, for headache free viewing of your media.

Regarding MBT, i'm using mediabrowser server to stream remotely, but Plex seems to work so much better for that purpose, I really want Mediabroswer to work, but haven't got around to installing MBT beucase of the lackluster streaming performance. anyway I'm holding out for windows 10 before making any drastic changes to my current media setup.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
post #3723 of 3725 Old 01-27-2015, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know of a way to turn off (Force) subtitles when viewing mkv files with the TMT umceplayer.exe viewer? I know you can goto settings while it plays and manually turn them off, but it would be nice to force them off system wide?

I've set them to off in LAV settings, but they dont seem to make a difference (pretty sure its using LAV).

Hoping someone has found a workaround or other method here.

Thanks in advance

Tech, the Universe, and Everything:  http://tech-stew.com
Just Plane Crazy: http://flight-stew.com
post #3724 of 3725 Old 01-27-2015, 11:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm75 View Post
Does anyone know of a way to turn off (Force) subtitles when viewing mkv files with the TMT umceplayer.exe viewer? I know you can goto settings while it plays and manually turn them off, but it would be nice to force them off system wide?

I've set them to off in LAV settings, but they dont seem to make a difference (pretty sure its using LAV).

Hoping someone has found a workaround or other method here.

Thanks in advance
I think that you can use the tool 'MediaInfo' to check if you mkv file has the subtitle track with the 'forced' flag turned on.
And you can use the tool 'mkvmerge' to turn it off.
post #3725 of 3725 Old Today, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranle View Post
I think that you can use the tool 'MediaInfo' to check if you mkv file has the subtitle track with the 'forced' flag turned on.
And you can use the tool 'mkvmerge' to turn it off.
In using MediaInfo, i didnt see a Forced Yes.. but rather Forced No.. so i'm unsure why its forcing them on the screen in some cases. I know that i could use the other program to remove them, but it would be nice to force them off in general.

Tech, the Universe, and Everything:  http://tech-stew.com
Just Plane Crazy: http://flight-stew.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers